How to Use the Keyboard on an Acer Swift Laptop
Questions and answers in the field of it technologies and PC setup
Many people think about how computer technology works, and some just use a laptop, tablet or personal computer, completely unaware of the processes and operating modes. As a rule, the second occurs until the equipment makes itself felt by any breakdown. Those who at least once went into BIOS, it is clear that there are a lot of settings in the computer.
How does the operating system work? This is a rather complicated question. After all, not everyone knows how this very operating system is arranged and what it serves for.
An operating system (OS) is a certain interconnection of programs that enable a user to control their computer. The task of the OS is to fulfill all the requirements for downloading and opening programs. Manage the operating system allows special settings that are stored in the BIOS.
What is a BIOS?
BIOS. the fundamental system of your computer
The BIOS is a special system that determines the progress of the computer boot process. BIOS is considered the basic system of input and output of information. A complete decryption of the BIOS speaks for itself: basic (basic) input (input) / output (output) system (system). In order to start the settings, you need to go into the BIOS.
The BIOS is stored in a chip and has a wide range of purposes:
- Initial startup of the computer, which subsequently starts the operating system.
- Performs a regular procedure for testing various parts of a personal computer.
- With the help of software interrupts in the BIOS, the input and output function is supported.
- It stores the hardware configuration of various individual devices and the entire computer system. This happens with the help of special settings (BIOS Setup).
- The BIOS code is located on the system board and is written to the flash-memory (microcircuit).
From this it follows that BIOS is an integral part of any computer. However, as a rule, an ordinary user does not understand the BIOS settings. This is closer to programmers. Nevertheless, BIOS sometimes does not work correctly, and some reasons may serve this.
Problems and solutions
Problems that may cause the BIOS to malfunction:
- When you start the computer system, an error appears that does not allow you to turn it on.
- Devices are not recognized on the computer or laptop.
- Periodic failures caused by instability in the system.
- The operating system does not load.
It is very important to return the BIOS to the original (factory) settings. This will help to avoid many problems. To do this, go to BIOS and take several steps:
- Turn on the power of the computer. Then, from the moment the logo appears on the screen, you must immediately press the DEL or F2 key. This action will open the BIOS. The screen should turn blue.
- If the BIOS still does not boot, then press F9. Then it’s very important to go to the settings called Load Default Settings. You can control using the arrows on the computer.
- The F10 key saves all changes.
What is BIOS Setup?
BIOS Setup. these are settings that allow you to enter the BIOS system and configure options. Users who solve any problem with the computer are dealing with the BIOS Setup. Translated from English, setup means “settings.” This section is managed using certain options and tasks.
Sometimes it happens that a computer crashes. The user can solve many problems on his own. It is known that masters require a significant amount of money for a visit, that is, primitive knowledge of the BIOS settings system allows a person to save both time and money. over, some secrets will improve computer performance. Most of the errors that occur on a computer are in BIOS.
Initially, this system was supposed to control the keyboard and mouse, but over time, functions were added to it. These indicators are constantly growing.
The BIOS stores rewritable chips. Today, two types are known:
- EEPROM IC. You can remove content using an electrical signal. To do this, it is not necessary to remove it from the computer.
- EPROM chips. You can delete data using ultraviolet radiation. For this, a special device is used. However, such a technique is now considered obsolete.
Most BIOS settings are similar even for different firmware from several manufacturers.
Modern computers contain not only improved BIOS system functions, but also the expanded capabilities of the motherboard as a whole. That is, a sound card, card, and so on. In such computers in the settings you can prohibit or allow the use of boards. I went into the BIOS. resolved everything I needed.
What settings does the system BIOS contain?
Modern computers in the BIOS motherboards contain a lot of different settings that you can change if you go into the BIOS:
- Setting the calendar date and system clock time.
- Setting up peripherals that are not designed to work in plug and play mode
- Disabling or enabling embedded hardware in the motherboard. For example, built-in audio or adapters, as well as LPT, COM and USB ports.
- Starting equipment in a gentle or forced mode or resetting to factory settings.
- Speeding up the operating system by disabling some tests.
- The ability to enable bypass branches to eliminate visible errors in the operating system.
- Creating a sequence of media from which the computer boots. This includes a hard disk or CD-ROM. All possible options can be set if you go into the BIOS. If any one opportunity fails, then BIOS will automatically try all other options in turn.
In today’s world, computers are used almost everywhere. Someone uses them for work, and someone organizes their leisure time. But everyone wants their computer to work perfectly. That is why it is very important to contact the BIOS settings in a timely manner (Bios Setup). If the BIOS works correctly, then the computer does not cause suspicion (it does not slow down, does not freeze, and does not generate errors in the OS). If the BIOS settings are not set correctly, then numerous failures occur. There are two ways to resolve this issue:
- Go in and return all the settings to the factory settings.
- Try to understand the problem and find the cause of the failure.
BIOS Setup on Acer Laptop
BIOS on acer laptop has a number of features
In computers, it is always easier to replace the part that failed. In a laptop, things are much more complicated. Therefore, those who constantly work with the laptop, you just need to understand the BIOS settings.
Consider these settings on an Acer laptop.
Knowledge of the English language will greatly help here, but if they are not there, then it’s enough to simply understand what the main words (options) mean. In order to enter BIOS, you need to press the hot keys DEL or F9.
- EXIT. exit and save settings in BIOS.
- BOOT. the ability to select a priority device that will boot the system.
- SECURITY. the ability to set passwords for entering BIOS settings.
- MAIN is the main installation menu in working with BIOS settings, which contains all the mechanisms for controlling a laptop.
- INFORMATION. this is information about the status of the laptop and all the settings adjacent to it in BIOS.
No need to read much about the information. Simply set the calendar date and time correctly. It is also worth checking the processor temperature and comparing it with normal parameters. If it is higher, then it is best to give the laptop time to cool. Heating a laptop is a very common problem. That is why now there are special stands that cool the processor in the Acer laptop. In this section you can also check which devices are connected to the laptop.
The situation with the MAIN section is much more complicated, since it controls all processes.
System Time. system time.
System Date. system date.
System Memory. system memory. The amount of memory cannot be changed, it only shows information.
Memory. the amount of card memory.
Quiet Boot. laptop boot type determinant. There are two options:
Enable is silent. That is, information on the status of the device will not be displayed on the screen. The only exception is the manufacturer’s logo.
Disable. the screen displays all the complete information about the status of the device. It occurs before loading the main operating system.
F12 Boot Menu. if you enable this option, then before loading the operating system the user will be offered the choice of a device from which to start the boot.
Network Boot. literal translation. “network boot”. As a rule, this option is disabled and should not be enabled. Only in rare cases does it speed up system loading. In other situations, it may be necessary only if the laptop is connected to a network with a raised TFTP server. This is a server that allows you to load the core of a laptop system through a network.
Power On Display is the Acer laptop screen control. It contains two values: Auto and Both. Here you need to look at the situation. If an external monitor is connected to the laptop, then you need to decide: turn off the built-in screen and allow the image to be displayed through the connected display or leave two screens to work.
D2D Recovery is a feature that allows you to activate system boot recovery. D2D Recovery only makes sense if you use the optional Acer eRecovery Management utility. In other cases, it is not needed. This function allows you to write data to a hidden partition in the laptop system.
These settings are basic in the Acer laptop, however, some add-ons can also be installed. It is important to remember that it is highly undesirable to use non-original BIOS firmware, as they can cause a number of complications.
This section has no special effect on the operation of the laptop. It provides the ability to set passwords.
Supervisor password is a password wizard (to enter the BIOS and to the hard drive).
This section allows you to create a queue of calls to the laptop to install the operating system.
For example, if the following order is specified:
then initially the download will take place from the CD-ROM sector, then from the hard drive, and lastly through the flash media.
Acer BIOS window with hardware information
This section allows you to save all the changes that were made to the BIOS or, conversely, delete everything that has been fixed, and return to normal mode.
You need to contact BIOS only for those who understand well what they are doing. Since any wrong or rash decision can even lead to mechanical damage.
Thank me, share the link with your friends on social networks: