How to Update Smartphone to Android 7 1
Want to upgrade your Galaxy S3 smartphone to the latest version of the Android 7.1 operating system? In this article you will find several versions of custom firmware based on Android 7.1 Nougat. The new firmware promises amazing features, including CM14.1, as well as additional security patches.
Developers and users who have already updated the Galaxy S3 to Android 7.1, report that the smartphone is fast and stable. Nevertheless, it is worth remembering that the firmware is under development, so some functions may work with errors.
On the official Android 7.1 Nougat firmware site for the Galaxy S3, you can read about new features and updates.
At the time of this writing, the latest Android 7.1 Nougat firmware update for the Galaxy S3 has been released January 23, 2017.
- Back up your Galaxy S3 data because the internal memory of your smartphone will be completely erased.
- Enable USB debugging. Read our article on how to do this.
Note: This manual is intended to update the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. If you have a different smartphone model, do not try to update it using this guide, otherwise problems may occur.
How to update Galaxy S3 to Android 7.1 Nougat
Required Files: Download the AICP Android 7.1 firmware for the Galaxy S3 and save it on your computer. Also download GAPPS, but do not extract the contents of the archive.
- Connect the Galaxy S3 to a computer using a USB cable.
- Copy the zip firmware file to the SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cable and turn off the power of the Galaxy S3.
- Boot your smartphone into recovery mode. You can do this by holding down three keys at the same time: Volume Up Home Power.
- Back up the current firmware: go to Backup Backup and restore.
- Perform a reset reset: select data / factory reset. Then select wipe cache partition and wipe dalvic cache.
- Next, select the choose zip from sdcard menu item, then go to the section on which the previously downloaded Android 7.1 firmware for Galaxy S3 is saved. Confirm the firmware process.
- Return to the main recovery menu, and restart the Galaxy S3.
The first boot after upgrading the Galaxy S3 to Android 7.1 Nougat may take a little longer than usual. Wait until the mobile device is fully loaded.
How to return the former firmware Galaxy S3: If you want to restore the old firmware, then go to recovery mode, as described above, click on backup and restore, then select the previous firmware from the list.
That’s all! Now you know how to upgrade the Galaxy S3 to Android 7.1 Nougat.