How to turn on/off the geolocation on Huawei and Honor: adjusting GPS on your phone
“How to turn on geolocation on Huawei and Honor?” is an important question for users who need to understand where they are now and how to get to the right place. To solve these problems developed GPS, or as it is usually called in abbreviated form. geolocation. On how to enable and disable the function on your smartphone in this article.
- HiSilicon Kirin 659 SoC, 8 Cortex-A53 cores ([email protected],4 GHz [email protected],7 GHz)
- Mali-T830 GPU (MP2)
- Android 7 operating system.0, EMUI 5.1
- 5.93″ IPS touch display, 2160×1080, 407 ppi
- 4GB RAM, 32/64/128GB internal memory
- Support Nano-SIM (2 pcs.)
- Supports microSD up to 128GB
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) networks
- WCDMA/HSPA networks (850/900/1900/2100 MHz)
- LTE Cat networks.6 FDD (B1/3/7/8/20), TD (B40)
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n (2.4 GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.1 BLE
- GPS, A-GPS, Glonass
- Micro-USB 2.0, USB OTG
- Main camera 16 2 MP, autofocus, f/2.2, 1080p video
- Front camera 8MP, f/2.0, fix. Focus
- Proximity and light sensors, magnetometer, accelerometer, gyroscope, step counter
- Fingerprint scanner
- 3,340mAh battery
- Dimensions 157×75×7.6 mm
- Weight 165g
How to Set Up GPS Accuracy?
To test the GPS receiver on Android devices we recommend to install the free application GPS Test. With it you can test your device GPS receiver. Always shows “No Fix”. Device is malfunctioning, or the device is in bad reception conditions.
How do I know if my phone has GPS on it??
To test your Android device’s GPS receiver, we recommend installing the free GPS Test app. With it you can check if your device has a GPS receiver. Continuously indicates “No Fix”. Device is defective or device is in poor reception conditions.
How to turn on and turn off GPS on Xiaomi
- Open the notification panel by touching the bar at the top of the screen with the clock and bars of signal strength and slide your finger to the center of the screen.
- Tap the button labeled “GPS” or “Location.
- Wait for a new icon to appear in the notification bar.
Medium Price Segment: Top 3 Best
Having considered the budget segment let’s move on to the middle price category. Like the budget category, these phones also have GPS and GLONASS. The accuracy is higher, the quality of detection is better.
Let’s move on to the top three models of the middle segment.
Apple iPhone SE
Apple iPhone SE Three of the best from the middle segment opens the smartphone from the famous company Apple. Externally it resembles the fifth version of the iPhone, but this model in terms of technical characteristics absolutely does not match it.
In this model, the user can find, first of all, the NFC-chip, with which you can pay for purchases through a contactless connection. Also this model can please with its quality Wi-Fi, as well as Bluetooth.
This model has 2 GB of RAM, as well as 16 to 64 GB of internal memory. The battery capacity of 1624 mAh will allow you to use the phone from 6 to 12 hours without recharging. Extra time can give the mobile processor optimized for energy efficiency. In addition, this phone is distinguished by the use of energy-saving display.
Important! Differences in internal memory, depending on the modification of the smartphone.
iPhone SE is good as a car navigator when you lack it. The device is simply installed in the car mount, and the navigation program is started. What’s important. this model even without Internet will bring on the map to the specified location.
In general, the appearance of a “five” and functionality of a “six”. all you can find in this model.
- Fast “iron”.
- Large amount of ROM for this model.
- Does not require the internet as a route guidance method.
- Energy efficient at the highest level.
Nokia 6.2 In the process of choosing a smartphone of the middle segment, the potential buyer can pay attention to the model called 6.2 legendary Nokia. Stylish design, “fashionable” body size, ultrasonic fingerprint sensor.
The manufacturer, releasing this model, guaranteed only a high level of quality. And it does.
Diagonal screen has 5.5 inches, capable of displaying a picture in FullHD-quality. As the “brain center” of this phone is an octa-core processor model Qualcomm Snapdragon 630. For the rapid operation of the phone was supplied by the RAM volume of three gigabytes.
In addition, this smartphone can fully please its potential user with the presence of a full-fledged navigation. And it provides a module GPS in conjunction with A-GPS, as well as the domestic system GLONASS. These modules will provide a quick connection to satellites in Earth orbit and the subsequent determination of the location of the user smartphone.
In operation, this phone shows itself more than confidently. importantly, this phone is able to show very clearly in real time the location of the object.
- Fast octa-core processor.
- Plenty of RAM.
- Stylish design.
- Accurate enough GPS-transmitter.
- Support for three GPS systems.
- High quality screen.
Huawei P20 Lite
Huawei P20 Lite “Gold” among the top 3 mid-budget phones is the junior version of Huawei‘s main flagship. And this smartphone has quite interesting characteristics. For example, a powerful iron. Included in this “iron” is quite powerful octa-core processor of its own production Kirin 659, as well as three or four gigabytes of RAM. Powers everything battery capacity of 3000 mAh, which charges enough for a day of moderate use.
The display of this device has a screen size of 5.84 inch, and the resolution is 2280×1080. That is, with this screen, the potential user can count on FullHD quality.
It is also worth highlighting the combination of a powerful processor and RAM along with a GPS module. Thanks to it you have access to the GPS and GLONASS systems, with which it is convenient to drive while traveling by car.
And lastly, this phone has support for fast charging. In addition, the presence of NFC chip, with which you can easily pay for purchases, as well as unlocking via fingerprint makes this phone more convenient.
Reviews and for Huawei P20 Lite
You might be interested to know which smartphone is better for cab drivers.
Applications for tracking a person
You can use GPS not only to plot a route and make it easier to travel to unfamiliar places. If desired, a person can determine the location of an Android phone. Reasons for this are varied: loss of a cell phone, distrust of a loved one or employee, worries about a child. Tracking utilities connect to the geolocation system and give you location data. Here are some popular options for Android.
Family Locator GPS tracker
The name indicates that the application helps to keep track of relatives and children, but only with their knowledge. For geographic positioning, you must be sure to turn on the GPS tracker, which will send data to your computer or mobile. The app is installed on multiple Android mobiles, then a “Circle” is created. Everyone must confirm permission to track using geolocation.
The main disadvantage of the program. must be activated GPS-beacon, without it you can not set the location. Download the GPS-tracker Family Locator is free, download the file to your phone via a USB-cable and run the installation. The app has the following options:
- Sending an SOS signal with one click;
- Determines location when GPS is turned on;
- Sends a message when you deviate from the direction set by the route;
- you can set the point of arrival, the application will send a message when the user reaches it.
You can download the utility directly from the official Android app store, it is free of charge. Helps to find out, with the help of geolocation, where the cell phone on which the program is installed is located. To manage and view the data, you must register on the website of the developer, you will be given access to your personal cabinet. The main drawback. the lack of Russian language, the interface is entirely in English. The application has a high potential for remote control of your Android device:
- locking the device;
- deletion of data from the mobile;
- reading received, sent messages;
- turn on, turn off Wi-Fi, GPS;
- Notification of the change of SIM-card;
- removal of the startup icon from the desktop;
- management of the mobile with the help of text commands;
- display call list and much more.
Where are my children
The application helps track not only the child’s location by geolocation, but also the status of the mobile. When the battery is low, the system sends a message to the parent about it. Android location detection is not the only function of the program, it also has the following options:
- Wiretapping. Launches the microphone remotely, which allows you to listen to the environment, record the audio track without the child’s knowledge. This is a useful feature for parents whose children are in troubled teens.
- Set up moving zones. Parents create special zones (school, sports section, your yard) and if the child leaves it, an alert comes. You can call him and ask him to come back.
- Saving a route of movement. The app keeps a record of where the user has been in the last 2 days.
Once installed, the program can work in two modes. child and parent. The former must be activated on the Android device to be tracked. The second is for data retrieval and monitoring. Remember that geolocation on Android only works when the GPS is on, and the utility is easy to disable if noticed by the user, so it will not be possible to surreptitiously set the tracking.
Resetting GPS data
A common problem of some devices is a long fixation to specific GPS satellites, even when they have managed to leave the visibility area. If this is the case, the GPS Status Toolbox can be of great help. It will reset the GPS data and reconnect to the satellites from scratch.
Download and install the utility.
Launch the installed application and accept conditions of the license agreement.
On the main screen of the program you will see readings of different sensors, as well as information on the number of GPS satellites overhead.
Click anywhere on the display and you can pull out the main menu bar on the left side. Here you can calibrate COMPASS if it was not possible to do it with the previously mentioned application. But now you need to click on “A-GPS Status Management”.
Press “Reset” button in the pop-up menu.
Once the reset is complete, return to this pop-up menu by pressing the “Download” button in it.
GPS Does Not Work? Fix!
It often happens that changing the firmware on the device, or buy a new Chinese phone (sometimes not Chinese), we are faced with the fact that the smartphone does not work GPS.
Sometimes it happens that GPS doesn’t determine the location for a long time. Why does it happen?? This is due to the fact that the phone comes to us often from the other hemisphere of the planet. And it has a prescription that is not relevant for our area Almanac.
If you have a glitchy GPS, we will try to fix it.
Be warned that the recommendations given in this article will not help you if you have a problem with the hardware. This guide will help you to fix only GPS errors at the software level.
So, I will show you the ways of treatment of GPS: Method GPSAGPS (requires ROOT): 1) It is necessary to include in the settings of Android, in the section “My Location” AGPS, then opening the top “curtain” in the phone to activate GPS. 2) Then in the dialer, you need to dial ##3646633##. this is the entrance to the engineering menu.
Maybe your phone has another number to enter Android menu: ##4636####8255###, ##4636##. for Samsung##3424###, ##4636##, ##8255##. for HTC###7378423##. for Sony##3646633##. for Philips, Fly, Alcatel##2846579##. for Huawei If not, search for info on how to enter engineering menu on your Android phone.
Maybe your phone has another number to enter the Android menu: ##4636####8255###, ##4636##. for Samsung##3424###, ##4636###, ##8255##. for HTC###7378423###. for Sony##3646633###. for Philips, Fly, Alcatel##2846579##. for Huawei If not, search for information on how to enter the Android menu on your phone.
If you have MTK-based phone (MT6577, MT6589) you can use “MobileuncleTools” (ROOT needed), you can download it from GooglePlay.
It has an EngineerMode section.
That’s what we need. 3) When you got (any way) in the engineering menu of the phone, you need to go to the tab “YGPS”. and look at the tab “Satellites”. whether there are scales of signal. If yes, it means that the phone is trying to search for satellites. but it can’t find the wrong Almanac.
And it’s not surprising, because the device came from the other “end of the world”.
4) The next step is to go to the tab “Information” and then press in turn the buttons “full”, “warm”, “hot”, “cold” (for a complete reset of the old Almanac). 5) After that, on the NMEA Log tab, press start button.
(6) Now for correct work GPS, it is necessary to go to the tab “Satellites” and wait 5-15 minutes while maximum number of scales of satellites will be found (usually from 10 to 13) and their scales will become green.
7) When all satellites are found, go back to the Nmea Log tab and click “stop”.
Congratulations, the new almanac for your area is written. did this procedure on many chinese phones. as a result of the procedure, the phone should begin to find satellites faster.
Recall that all of the above steps to improve GPS quality, should be carried out purely in an open area, away from buildings. And one last tip. I recommend to set the exact system time and date on your phone. The method GPSEPO (ROOT is needed): 1) With the file manager, supporting Root and root access, you must remove the following files: /data/misc/EPO.dat /data/misc/mtkgps.dat. /system/etc/gps.2) Go to “Settings. Location Info” and turn on GPS.Then you need to turn on EPO and download (t.You don’t need to download it again. after uninstalling EPO.dat) 3) Make sure that A-GPS is disabled.
(this is required!4) Turn off the phone, remove the battery, insert the battery, turn on the phone. 5) Enter the engineering menu (see entry method, above). the bookmark location. there will be two sub-items (location based service and YGPS) 6) Go outside in the open area, where the GPS is the best possible signal, and enter the sub-item YGPS (do not press any buttons)!), within 3-10 minutes wait for correction (it is long enough to wait).Once it is done you exit from YGPS with the back button, then go back to YGPS again.
Attention now the most important part: At the 2nd start of the GPS, red dots (satellites) must appear, but not all at once. Every 2 seconds 1-3 Satellites should appear.
For example: At the beginning of 2. then 5. then 7. and at the end of the 10 red dots on the radar.If the dots appear gradually, it means that the EPO is configured correctly. But if they all appear at the same time, EPO doesn’t work 7) Checking GPS operation in navigation programs.
GPS Setup via Engineering Menu
Perfectly working GPS module (search for satellites, quick connection to them, stable connection to them) significantly simplifies life, especially in those moments when you’re moving in an unfamiliar area.
But in the Chinese models, working on the MTK processor, with prolonged GPS connection may be unstable, in the worst case. the location can not be determined at all. All due to the fact that the module is not configured quite correctly to work in our latitudes.
In order to correct the GPS, enter the engineering menu, where you will perform a number of simple settings. We would like to warn you that all actions you will perform at your own risk.
So, the device must get the right of superuser (it is also called Root).
- Turn on GPS and Wi-Fi and go outside on a balcony or better yet, in an open area.
- Enter the engineering menu. To do this on the keyboard, type the combination##3646633###, or #15963#, or ##4636##. It may be different from the combination for your smartphone (tablet). If none of the above combinations works, please download Mobileuncle ToolHero and select the appropriate menu item. The program itself is russified, but the engineering menu is in English.
- In the menu of the program you will see several tabs. Swiping to the left, select the Location tab, there go to the Location Based Service item.
- On the EPO tab check the boxes Enable EPO and Auto Download. EPO is a system file containing the coordinates of the satellites and their flight path. This option is not active on all devices. How to download EPO, you can learn on specialized Internet forums, such as https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=466241.
- Go back to the previous level and select YGPS. In the Satellites tab, you will see a scheme with the location of satellites. All of them will be red. This tells you that your gadget is able to see them, but because of the wrong settings is not able to connect with them.
- Go to the tab Information, press full, then after a couple of seconds AGPS restart.
- Go back to the Satellites tab. In a few minutes the tablet will connect to satellites, and the dots will turn green. If you are adjusting GPS on the balcony, your device may not connect to some of the satellites. This happens because of signal interference.
- Reboot your device. Now you should be able to catch satellites much faster and with more confidence.
When is the adjustment needed: A Mediatek curiosity
Today, Mediatek (also known as MTK) is one of the leaders in mobile processors. Even the giants like Sony, LG or HTC, today create smartphones on MTK processors. But there was a time when the processors of this Taiwanese company were used only in miserable iPhone clones or two-cell handsets.
In 2012-2014, Mediatek produced quite decent chipsets, but they constantly had a problem: incorrect operation of GPS. Satellites with such devices behave according to the quote: “I’m hard to find, easy to lose”
It was all about the EPO auxiliary service settings. This service, developed by Mediatek, helps to calculate in advance the orbits of navigation satellites. But here’s the problem: default EPO data in Chinese phones is calculated for Asia and fails when used in Europe!
This can be easily fixed in modern models. Recall that all these instructions are suitable only for smartphones on MTK processors: