How To Turn Off Iphone If The Screen Is Frozen
Android freezes, heats up and does not respond to any actions, what to do, how to restart the phone
What to do if Android is frozen and does not react to anything? In this article, we will look at four simple ways to perform a forced reboot and get Android smartphones from freezing and not responding to any actions. Usually, after freezing, smartphones and tablets can get very hot, the screen does not work, the sensor does not respond to touch, and the buttons also do not function when pressed. Also, the phone may not turn on after charging, during charging or for no apparent reason, while the indicator may flash or just light up.
If your Android smartphone or tablet is frozen with a removable battery, then in order to bring it back to life, you just need to turn it off and on by simply pulling out and reinstalling the battery. If the battery is not removable, then the problem needs to be solved in a different way, that is, using the phone buttons. Do not wait for days until it discharges itself and turns off, especially if you need it for work or you need to constantly be in touch. Many are so nervous when the phone hangs that they are ready to finish it off by throwing it against the wall or the floor, I myself am the same and can hardly restrain myself, but by doing this, we will only aggravate the situation. Better to be patient a little and force reboot in one of the ways below. This is even better than running to service centers right away, since it can sometimes take almost a month until they take it for a check and decide on the reasons for the freeze. Also, for repairs, the master may ask for a good payment, although it is quite possible that they used one of the four simple methods described below.
The first method is suitable for smartphones and tablets Meizu, Xiaomi, Digma and many others.
– To get Android out of freezing, just press and hold the “Power / Power” button for 20 seconds, after which the smartphone will either reboot or turn off.
If it doesn’t work, you can try again, but keep the button pressed longer. And if this did not help, then try the methods below.
The second method allows you to restart frozen Samsung, Sony and similar Android devices.
– Press and hold the “Power / Power” button and the “volume control” button on both sides at the same time on the frozen phone for about 10.20 seconds, after which your smartphone or tablet should reboot. (For those who do not understand, you need to hold all three buttons. The button with which we turn on the phone and both sides adjust the sound and. “.
If Android does not hang and does not turn off, then try again, but hold the button longer up to 1 minute. You can also try other methods above or below.
The third method allows you to get Nokia smartphones and tablets from freezing and similar devices.
– On a frozen smartphone, you need to press and hold down two buttons simultaneously, the “Power / Power” button and the “Volume Up” button for 10.20 seconds.
Did not help? Try again or keep the buttons pressed for up to one minute.
The fourth method allows you to bring back to life smartphones that do not turn on after the battery is completely discharged, during charging, after charging, or for another reason when the phone or tablet does not want to turn on.
– On some devices, if the battery is completely discharged, then to start it you need to charge it for a while, even if the indicator is off and you do not see on the screen that charging is connected and started.
– If even after connecting the charger, for example, within 10 minutes the phone does not give signs of life and does not want to turn on, then without disconnecting the charging press and hold the “On / Lock” button for 20 seconds.
Usually, this method helps bring back to life Android tablets and smartphones that do not turn on. If it doesn’t work, then you can also try to hold the phone on the charge longer and hold the power button longer up to 1 minute. Sometimes it is possible to turn the charger on and off several times and try again.
Turning off iPhone during a call: finding and eliminating the cause. Iphone turns on and off immediately: how to restore a smartphone
Now let’s look at the problem in which the iPhone is frozen and does not respond to any of your actions. Take it in your hand and simultaneously press the physical keys “Home” and “Power”, and hold them pressed for at least 10 seconds. After this time, the display of your “apple” should completely go out. It will now reboot.
In theory, the classic Apple logo should appear further, but if this does not happen, just press the “Power” button once to turn on the device in normal normal mode. Now you know what to do if your device freezes unexpectedly.
You may also be interested in
Turn off and on frozen iPhone 4s
Iphones are considered reliable devices that rarely crash. But be that as it may, at least once, any owner of the “apple” faced a situation when the device completely stopped responding to the “Home” and “Power” keys.
So what if iPhone 4 freezes and stops following even the simplest commands? Further in this manual, we will acquaint you with ways to solve this unpleasant problem, and we will help you get your “apple” out of any “frozen” state and help you turn off your iPhone even with a broken power button.
Restart iPhone without pressing a button
This method of removing your iPhone 4 from a frozen state is performed only if the device normally perceives your touch of your fingers, but the physical shutdown button simply does not work.
Apple has always managed to be different from other companies, and it is well aware that each mechanical button has a certain resource. After its development, it may break, in any case, the iPhone provides the ability to control gestures, which will help turn off the device.
To be able to use this function, it must first be turned on, and it is called “Assistive Touch”. It allows you not only to set up gestures to turn off the device, but also to many other useful functions, for example, if you need to rotate the screen or turn down the volume on your iPhone 4. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the main menu = “Settings” = “General” = “Accessibility” = “Assistive Touch”
- Move the slider for setting this function to the “Enabled” position, after which a small round button should appear on the screen of your device.
Enabling Assistive Touch
- Now just tap this button, and after that a window with all the possibilities of the Assistive Touch program will open.
- Before you will be a menu consisting of four items. You need the item “Apparatus”, so make a “tap” on it.
- A new window will open in which we are looking for the item “Screen lock”. It is necessary not just to “tap” on it, but to hold it for a few seconds, after which the screen will go into a locked state, in which it will be possible to “Swipe” to the right to turn off the device.
- As soon as you do this, the phone turns off, just like pressing the physical button.
Using “Assistive Touch”
We think it is worth considering the issue of turning on the “apple” in the opposite state with an inoperative “Power” key. In order to turn on the iPhone 4 back, you need to connect it via a USB cable to the computer and it will start to turn on in standard mode. It’s simple.
These are the main ways to turn on / off your iPhone in 4 non-standard ways. Let us remind you that the first option is suitable for turning on / off a fully functional “apple”, the second for turning off a frozen device, and the third for turning off a device with a damaged mechanical button.
If after reading the article you have any questions about turning off the device or you do not really understand what to do. Write about it in the comments. We will definitely help.
Do not forget to read the comments, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later comments, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.
Restart iPhone in standard mode
The standard way to restart the iPhone if the screen does not work:
- Press and hold the Power button in the upper part of the case for 2-3 seconds.
- The display will show “Switch off”.
- Swipe from left to right in the direction of the pointer.
- If everything is done correctly, the device will turn off.
- To return it to working condition, you must again hold down the Power button.
This method is safe for all files and applications downloaded to the phone.
Non-standard ways to reboot the device
There are other, more original methods for restarting an iPhone:
- Go to “Settings”, “General”, then to “Accessibility”.
- Activate the “Bold” button.
- Next, the phone will offer to reboot, it must be done.
Hard reboot device
Iphone users can observe a complete freeze of the gadget, when neither pressing the buttons nor touching the screen gives a result. How to restart iPhone if the screen freezes and does not work:
- On iPhone 4/5/6/7, you need to hold down two buttons at once. “Home” and Power.
- Some smartphone models respond to a different key combination. Power and the volume down button.
- Hold them for 10-15 seconds.
- Release the keys and wait for the “apple” on the screen.
- If the logo does not appear, repeat all the steps again, hold the keys for 20-30 seconds.
- To turn on the gadget, you need to hold the power button for a long time.
This method forcibly shuts down the device, so some files may be lost. You should resort to hard reboot only if there are no other options.
Turn off iPhone without buttons
There is a way to restart the iPhone if the screen does not work without using a key combination. To do this, you need to connect the Assistive Touch function:
- Find in the “Settings” tab “General”, “Accessibility”.
- Make a function active.
Reboot without buttons:
- Click on the display within the function.
- A menu will appear on the desktop, you must select the “Lock Screen” icon.
- The device will turn off after pressing the standard key combination.
- Turn on the gadget.
Reset network settings
- To turn off the device in a few seconds, you need to go to “Settings”.
- In the “General” select the function of resetting network settings.
- Then enter the lock password and restart the phone.
How to turn on / off iPhone 11 / iPhone 11 Pro / iPhone 11 Pro Max?
The number of buttons is getting smaller and this is both good and bad. Poor because it takes a little time to get used to new gestures.
But as soon as you get used to it, everything becomes very simple and clear. As practice shows, Apple changes only for the better.
If you have used the iPhone X even a little, then this information will not be new to you. However, there is another category of users.
Turning the device on and off:
- Power on iPhone 11/11 Pro / 11 Pro Max. You need to hold down the button on the right until the Apple logo appears. Then, after a few seconds, the device is turned on and everything is ready to work.
- Restart / Shutdown iPhone 11/11 Pro / Pro Max. In the case when your device is just a little, you can get by with a regular reboot.
Pull the half-knot to the right
To do this, you just need to hold down the same button on the right until the slider appears and then swipe it to the right side (this is also the shutdown process).
15-20 seconds pass and then you can turn on the device by holding the button on the right.
If this button does not work for some reason, you can always carry out this procedure through Settings. General. Disable.
The most interesting news about Apple technology and not only.
- Help with Apple
- Instagram masks
- Ios and macOS apps
- Ios games
- Help with Apple
- Instagram masks
- Ios and macOS apps
- Ios games
How to turn on, turn off and restart iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max?
Freezing your iPhone, especially if it costs more than 1000, is not a pleasant case. Apple technology has never been 100 percent perfect and that’s a fact.
Therefore, sometimes it becomes necessary to reboot the device. If you do this on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Pro Max, then you already need to know a certain key combination.
Let’s go over in order how to properly turn on, turn off and, if necessary, hard restart your brand new iPhone 11.
How to Force Restart iPhone 11 / iPhone 11 Pro / iPhone 11 Pro Max?
Situations can be completely different, especially if you are using the beta version of iOS and therefore, often a simple restart may not help.
After all, if the screen is completely frozen and you cannot do anything, then you have to resort to a hard reboot.
On iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max, it is carried out in a very specific way:
Press and release the button Volume up;
Restarting iPhone 11
As you probably guessed, the same method works for the iPhone Xs. Basically, it fits all iPhones with cutouts.
To turn off the Iphone 11, you need to go to the “Settings” menu and then click “General”. Scrolling down the menu to the very end, you can see “Turn off” highlighted in blue. By clicking it, a window with a slide will appear. After swiping, the smartphone will be turned off.
The shutdown key is also on the right side panel. Holding it for 5-6 seconds, you can quickly disconnect the phone. A window with a slide will pop up. After swiping to the right, the smartphone will fall asleep. You can turn off the iPhone 8 using the same key on the side.
With 2 buttons
“Power” is still on the right side panel. To turn off the device using the keys, you now need to clamp the volume down. It’s on the left sidebar. After pressing simultaneously for 5-6 seconds, a black screen will appear, followed by the brand logo. The smartphone will restart.
Through the menu
To de-energize any model without using the buttons, go to “Settings”. Select “Basic”. Scroll to the very end of the menu and click Turn Off. A slider will appear, after the swipe, the iPhone will be disabled.
To turn off a new smartphone model without using a sensor, hold down the volume up or down button together with the off key. A slider will appear, after swiping to the right, the screen will turn off.
To turn off the iPhone 5, press the “Power” key in the upper part of the device. After 3-4 seconds, a window will appear on the screen that will require you to swipe to the right to disconnect. Turn on the smartphone also, via “Power”.