How To Transfer Photos From iPhone To USB Flash Drive
With Android, unlike iOS, there are usually no problems with transferring files from device to device. This system is “open” in the technical sense. Developers of third-party programs have access to many functions and components of the system, so there are more ways to transfer data. Nevertheless, the option with third-party programs works best, so further we will talk about them. Applications for transferring photos over Wi-Fi.
Icloud Drive is Apple’s built-in cloud storage that automatically saves photos to the company’s servers. To access these snapshots from your computer, you need to download the iCloud program for Windows.
When setting up the application, check the box next to “Share iCloud Photos”.
After installing it:
- In File Explorer on your computer, open the iCloud Photos folder.
- Click on the “Upload Photos and Videos” button
Instead of iCloud, you can use another popular storage. Dropbox. It is enough to register an account and install branded applications on both devices.
How to transfer photos via Dropbox:
- When launched on a smartphone, the application will ask if it is possible to upload photos to the cloud automatically.
- Confirm your consent, then all your pictures will be transferred to the cloud.
- Open dropbox.com on your computer.
- Find the photo you want and click “Download”.
Using a flash drive or memory card
Another method that can be used if your phone has a microSD card. To transfer a photo from it to a PC:
- Connect the card to the computer using a card reader (adapter device).
- Open “File Explorer”.
- Find the / DCIM folder on the map.
- Copy all the necessary photos from it.
The same goes for USB sticks. The only difference is that you first have to connect the USB flash drive to your smartphone via a USB-A to micro / mini-USB adapter and manually upload a photo to it. This process may look different depending on the device and file system. Usually it consists in SIMply transferring files from one folder to another.
Snapshots, as you remember, are stored in the / DCIM directory, and the folder of the connected flash drive can be called differently. After connecting to the phone, it will appear in the file and folder manager.
If the phone and computer are connected to Wi-Fi, neither a cable nor a flash drive is needed to transfer data. You can exchange files over the network, sometimes even faster. The only condition is that you need to install a program to transfer objects over the Internet to either device or only to your phone.
Previously, Apple devices were closely related to iTunes and were synchronized with the computer only using this program. Now the situation looks completely different. The App Store has tons of apps to send photos and other files from iPhone or iPad to PC.
How to transfer photos from phone to computer
Why do people copy photos from smartphones to computers? Someone SIMply stores them on a larger disk, someone wants to free up space on the phone, and someone edits them on a PC. There can be a lot of reasons, there are just as many ways to transfer pictures from one device to another. Let’s focus on the most convenient and fastest.
Wi-Fi data applications
Documents (free) is a Ukrainian development, which for a short time of its development received the title of almost the main file manager for Apple smartphones and tablets. The application language is Russian. Recently Documents has the ability to transfer files from phone to computer and vice versa wirelessly.
- Open Documents by Readdle app on iOS device.
- Go to “Services”.
- Click on the Wi-Fi Transfer button.
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to docstransfer.com.
- Scan the QR code that appears on the monitor with your phone camera.
- Then, on your computer, select the “Photos” folder and manually upload the necessary photos (you can download whole albums at once).
Everything is ready!
Send Anywhere (free) is another application for sending photos from a mobile device to a computer, which works in a SIMilar way to Documents. Application language. English.
To send snapshots via Send Anywhere, do the following:
- Open the Send Anywhere app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Mark the photos to be sent to PC.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- A special code will appear to access files on another device.
- Then open the website send-anywhere.com on your computer.
- Enter the six-digit code from your phone in your browser.
After that, the file (or several files) will be automatically loaded into the system.
Zapya (free). This service differs from the previous two by the need to install proprietary software not only on a phone or tablet, but also on a computer. This is justified by the principle of the service. The application language is English. To send a photo via you need:
- Open Zapya on your phone and select a photo to send.
- Click on the Send button in the lower right corner.
- Open Zapya on a Windows 7 or newer computer.
- Wait for Windows to appear on the radar in Zapya and select it.
After that, the document will be sent to the computer.
Airdroid (free) is one of the first such programs that appeared during the “dawn” of the Android operating system and still works today. Application language. Russian.
To download snapshots from AirDroid:
- Open the app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Register an account.
- Select AirDroid Web.
- Open a browser on your computer and enter the address displayed in AirDroid into the search bar.
After that, an interface for uploading photos from Android will appear on the computer screen. It is enough to select the desired picture and click “Download”.
Mi Drop (Free). Despite the fact that this program was created by Xiaomi, it can also be used on other gadgets. It will run without any problems on a conditional Huawei or ASUS. Application language. English.
To send a photo to Mi Drop:
- Open the app on your phone or tablet.
- Go to the side menu and click on the Connect to Computer button.
- Then open a browser on your PC and enter the address of the created FTP server there (it is displayed in Mi Drop).
- When connected, the system file manager will open, and it will contain all the files stored on the smartphone.
- Find the DCIM folder among them.
- Copy photos to your computer hard drive.
Pushbulet (free) is another SIMilar program for transferring files between devices. Perhaps the fastest and easiest option of all, as it does not require unnecessary actions. It is enough to have a Google account or. Application language. English.
To send a photo to Pushbullet:
- Open Pushbullet on your mobile device.
- Sign in with your Google account or.
- Open pushbullet.com on your computer.
- Log in using your Google account or.
- On both devices, a chat window will open where you can correspond with yourself, sending both text messages and files.
- To send a photo, click on a paperclip and select a photo.
How to transfer photos using a cable
As stated above, a cable connection is the easiest and most reliable way to transfer photos from your mobile device to your computer. You don’t have to install any additional programs for this.
Regardless of the brand, be it ZTE, Samsung or Apple, all gadgets are equipped with mini-USB, USB-C or Lighting-wires.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB cable and wait for it to appear in Windows Explorer.
- On Windows 7 and newer versions of this operating system, the connected mobile device will appear in the “This / My Computer” menu.
- Open the folder with the name of the phone in the explorer and find the folder with photos in it. In the case of iOS, this is the / DCIM folder (like on many cameras). In the case of Android. Sdcard / DCIM or Phone / DCIM, depending on the version.
- After that, just copy the pictures from your phone and paste to any folder on your computer.
This file transfer method is outdated, but is still used when it comes to transferring photos from Android phone to Windows computer.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone and PC.
- Open the snapshot on your phone.
- Click on the Share button.
- Select the option “Send file via Bluetooth”, if available.
- Receive the file on the computer.
The complexity of the method lies in the fact that not all computers have a Bluetooth module and its software (usually only laptops have it). For a stationary PC, the adapter will have to be purchased separately.
In addition, by default, the Bluetooth function on a computer, where available, may be turned off. To enable it on Windows 10, launch the Settings app, open the Bluetooth Other Devices section and slide the Bluetooth slider to the on position.
Back up photos with iCloud
Each iPhone comes with 5GB of free cloud storage in Apple’s iCloud. This storage space can be used to back up settings such as phone settings, contacts and of course photos and videos. If you have installed the iCloud client on your computer, all the photos that are in your iPhone will be automatically downloaded to your computer.
- Turn on iCloud on your iPhone by opening Settings and clicking on iCloud. You will need to sign in using your Apple ID and password (the same ID and password you use to make purchases in the App Store).
- Turn on iCloud photo syncing by going to Settings iCloud Photos. If you want all your photos to be saved and synced to iCloud, turn on iCloud Photo Library. There are several other options here that you can enable if you want:
- My Photo Stream automatically uploads the latest 1000 photos taken on your iPhone to iCloud;
- Upload Burst Photos uploads your “favorite” photos selected from burst mode;
- Icloud Photo Sharing lets you create albums to be shared with friends, family, and publicly on the Internet.
- Download and install the Dropbox iOS app.
- Sign in to your Dropbox account. If this is your first time signing up to the Dropbox app, you will have the option to enable photo uploads on the next screen. Click this and allow Dropbox to access your photos.
If you’ve previously signed up with the Dropbox app, open Settings Camera Upload. Turn on camera uploads and allow Dropbox to access your photos. Your photos will be uploaded to your Dropbox folder when your phone is connected using Wi-Fi (unless you turn on Use Mobile Data, in which case your photos will be uploaded in real time).
Using Windows Explorer
You don’t need to use iTunes to transfer photos from your iPhone to your computer. You can transfer them using standard Windows Explorer.
- Connect iPhone to Computer with USB Cable.
- Unlock iPhone. A pop-up message will appear asking if this computer should be allowed access to your photos and videos. Click “Allow” to let your computer see the photos and videos from your iPhone.
- Open Windows Explorer and go to your Apple iPhone. You will see a drive called Internal Storage. Double click on this icon to open the internal storage of the phone.
- Then double-click the DCIM folder to view your photos and videos on your phone (they can be located in different folders).
- Highlight the necessary photos and copy from iPhone to computer, for example to desktop or to the folder you need.
Instructions for Google Drive:
- Download and install the Google Drive iOS app.
- Sign in to Google Drive with a Google account. If this is your first time signing in to the Google Drive app, you’ll have the option to enable photo and video backups on the next screen. Click “Enable” and select the size you want your photos and videos to upload.
- High quality. Weight and image quality will decrease (slightly).
- Original quality. Photos will be uploaded in their original format.
Allow Google Drive to access your photos and your photos will be automatically backed up when connected to Wi-Fi.
If you’ve previously signed up to the Google Drive app, you can find your photo backup settings by going to Settings Photos and enabling the Google Photos folder.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer
Downloading photos from your iPhone to your computer is easy if you use Apple’s iTunes software to do the transfer. But if you cannot use iTunes, since your iPhone can only be connected to iTunes on one computer once, there are many other ways to transfer photos from iPhone to PC.
In this article, you will learn all the methods and ways how to transfer photos from iPhone to computer.
Instructions for other cloud storage:
If your chosen cloud storage service doesn’t offer automatic photo backups with its app, you can still back up your photos using IFTTT, an automation service that lets you connect apps, web services, and devices together.
- Register with IFTTT.
- Download the IFTTT app on your iPhone and sign in to your account. Open the IFTTT app and tap the icon that looks like a bowl in the upper right corner, then tap the Settings icon in the lower right corner. In the Settings menu, tap Channels and then search for iOS Photos. Click the iOS Photos icon and “Connect”.
- Open IFTTT on your computer. Click on “Channels” and find the cloud storage service you want to use. Box, Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive, Flickr and Seagate Personal Cloud can be connected. Click the cloud storage service icon you want to use to connect to your IFTTT.
- Enter “photo backup” in the search bar. For example, if you want to create a task that will copy your photos from iOS to Box, search for “iOS Photos Box”. You will find many features created by other contributors (you can also create your own task if you can’t find what you are looking for, but this is a little more complicated). Click on the task you want to use and click “Add” to add it to yours. After you set up the variables used by the tasks (for example, the name of the folder in which your photos will be saved), your photos will be automatically uploaded to the cloud storage service.
Back up photos using Dropbox, Google Drive, or other cloud service
Icloud is convenient, but you are not limited to just this cloud storage service. Fortunately, there are other cloud storage services like Dropbox, OneDrive and Google Drive, all of which have an automatic backup of your iPhone photos built into their iOS apps.
Send photos by email
If you only have a few photos that you want to transfer to your computer and you can’t find the USB cable, you can use the proven method of sending them to yourself in the mail.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone. In gallery mode, click “Select” in the upper right corner. Click on the photos you want to transfer (you can only email five photos at a time) to select them, and then click the upload icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click the Mail icon to open the application. In the application, enter your personal email address in the “To” section and click on the “Send” button in the upper right corner. You will need to confirm that you are sending the message without a subject and you will also need to select the size of the photos you want to send (small, medium, large or original sizes).
- Open your email account on your computer, find the incoming email with attached photos and download them to your computer.
We talked about the most effective and fastest ways to transfer information from iPhone to PC. We hope that our information was useful for you, and you will no longer have any questions about how to transfer photos from iPhone to your computer. And you were finally able to download all your favorite photos to your computer or laptop.
How to download a photo from a tablet to a USB flash drive
The tablet is gaining more and more popularity among digital users. This is due to the fact that it can perform the functions of a laptop, compact and multifunctional. Also, the presence of a touch screen makes it the most attractive.
Among tablet owners, the question of transferring photos to a USB flash drive also often arises. This article explains how to transfer photos from tablet to Micro. SD card and USB storage.
USB flash drive and tablet
This method can be used if the device supports OTG technology. To find out, you can refer to the manual of the tablet or use specialized applications (for example, for android: USB OTG Checker). As a rule, if the box contains a special OTG cable, shown in the figure, then the tablet has this opportunity.
The small end of the cable is Micro USB, the other end is the connector for the USB device. The tablet has a Micro USB connector that connects with a cable. On the other hand, a USB stick is connected.
The following steps are explained for an Android tablet. After connecting, a message will appear on the screen indicating that the USB storage is connected. You can view detailed information in the settings. “Memory”.
Next, you need to go to the file manager section. To do this, select the menu item “Files”, “File manager” or “ES Explorer”.
Next, go to the section where the photos are stored. As a rule, on Android, by default, all photos are saved to the DCIM / Camera / folder, this is where the main part is displayed in the gallery. If these folders or photos are not on the internal memory of the tablet, then most likely they are stored on the device’s SD card. And you can find them along the same path.
After the desired photo is found, you must click on the file and do not release it until it stands out. Then options will appear below for performing certain actions with the photo (copy, delete, cut).
Having decided on the transfer option, you need to go to the section of the connected flash drive. To do this, press the “Back” button twice. Or press the “Menu” button again. “ES Explorer”. In the window that opens, select “External USB storage”.
Next, go to the desired section or folder and click the “Insert” button.
In order for the photo to be saved on the flash drive, it must be safely removed. To do this, select the “Settings” item. “Memory”. Here, scroll down to the drive item and select the “Disconnect USB drive”.
After pressing, after a while, the system will inform you that the flash drive can be removed without fear of losing the saved files.
How to download a photo from Odnoklassniki to a USB flash drive
The richest and most varied collection of photos, videos and other information is of course on social networks. Odnoklassniki.Ru is no exception in this matter. It ranks second in popularity and almost every second has their own page here. Therefore, many people thought about how to download a photo or picture to a computer, USB flash drive, etc.
This is very easy to do. To do this, left-click on the photo you like so that it opens in full size. After that, you need to right-click on the picture itself. In the context menu that appears, select the item: for Internet Explorer it is “Save image as.”, for Chrome “Save image as.”.
An explorer menu will appear here, in which you need to select a save location (in our case, this is a flash drive) At the moment, the flash drive must be connected to the computer! You can find it on the left edge after the item “This computer”. By clicking on the letter of the corresponding section. If it is not visible in the explorer, you should check the connection of the flash drive and repeat the procedure for copying photos from classmates again.
Then you can select the save folder and click on the “Save” button.
If at the moment there is no storage device at hand and really want this picture, then you can temporarily download it to your computer. Then, when the flash drive appears, use the method described above.
Using a flash drive to transfer photos
Often, computer users face the question of transferring personal or work files to external media. As a rule, such drives are CD / DVD disks or various flash drives. The latter are the most popular in terms of frequency of use. This is due to many factors: compactness, convenience, quiet operation.
But despite the practicality of flash drives, many users are afraid or do not know how to copy their data to them. First of all, you do not need to be afraid of this method and constantly experiment. This article will tell you in detail about the types of flash drives and methods of transferring data (for example, a photo).
How to download a photo to a USB flash drive. How to download a photo from a phone to a USB flash drive
Modern life cannot be imagined without a mobile phone. Almost everyone has it. The telephone has replaced many other devices: a camera, an alarm clock, a radio, etc. He plays a special place in the world of photography. The only drawback is not enough memory for active use. Therefore, for many, the issue of transferring their files to flash drives is acute.
All steps are explained for Android platform.
The first way involves using an SD card. To do this, it must be installed in the phone. Then go to the menu and select “Files”.
If the flash drive is installed correctly, you can see it in the main menu of the file manager.
Next, you need to go into the internal memory to the required folder or file that you want to transfer to the USB flash drive. In our case, this is DCIM / Camera, where a photo “For SD card.Jpg” is prepared for transfer. You must click on the file and do not release it until it is highlighted. Then options will appear below for performing certain actions with the photo (copy, delete, cut).
Choosing to cut (transfers to the specified location and deletes on the original), go to the SD card section in the desired location. In our case, this is the tmp folder. Click on the corresponding icon at the bottom in the middle, after which the photo is transferred to the SD card.
The second method is SIMilar to the one described above for the tablet. If the mobile phone supports OTG technology, then it can be used. All actions are the same as for a tablet on an Android device.
The third method involves copying photos from your phone to your computer. Then you can transfer the file to any flash drive using the method described earlier for PC. To fulfill this condition, you need to have a special cable. For modern devices (except for IPhone, Ipad) it looks like shown in the picture. It acts as a cable for charging and connecting to a PC.
Having connected to the computer, you need to select the mode of how the phone will work with this connection. In our case, in the mobile, you must select the “Connect as a media device” mode. To do this, select the USB connection icon that appears at the top of the notification panel, then select the “Media device (MTP)” section in the menu.
After that, the connected device will be displayed in the computer explorer, by going to which you can see the internal memory of the phone and the SD card (if connected).
How to download a photo from a computer to a USB flash drive
The first step is to connect the USB flash drive to your computer. To do this, you need to find a special connector called USB. On the system unit, it can be found on the back panel or on the front.
On a laptop, the USB connector is on the sides of the device.
If the USB flash drive is installed into the computer for the first time, the automatic driver installation process should begin. After its completion, a dialog box will appear where the user will be offered several options for opening the flash drive.
For interest, you can click on the “Open for viewing” item to see what is already stored on the USB drive. The flash drive should also appear in the explorer menu. To view this information, click on “Start”. “Computer”. Here, a new disk should appear (in our example, this is partition F).
Next, you need to open the folder where the photos are stored. Select one file or several and press the right mouse button. Then select “Copy”.
At this stage, the photos are saved in the computer’s memory. To transfer them to a USB flash drive, you need to go to Explorer (“Start”. “Computer”) and open the USB storage section. Then, if necessary, a folder is created for subsequent storage of the photo in it (right mouse button. “Create”. “Folder”).
After creating and determining the location, you need to right-click and select “Paste”. Then a window will appear with the status of copying photos from a computer to a USB flash drive.
Types of flash drives
Flash drives are used everywhere and are applicable to almost any device, from a phone to a modern TV. The most popular and demanded are USB drives. They are used to transfer any information: photos, music, programs and work files. Many gadgets work with these devices: computer, telephone, TV, etc.
The second place is occupied by flash drives for working with the phone. Micro SD card. They range in size from 2GB to 128GB. To work with them, you can use both the phone itself and the computer (for this you need a special device. A card reader, or by connecting the phone with a cable).
The third type of cards is used mainly for cameras. Has the name SD. Card. Volumes up to 64 GB are known. To work with such flash drives, you will need either a camera or a computer.
How to download a photo to a USB flash drive from
Is no less popular social network, which ranks first in terms of frequency of use. Probably, everyone has their own page on this resource. Some have two or more of them. Here, as in classmates, the collection of photos, videos, pictures, etc. Is constantly updated and replenished. Of course, many people come across interesting things here that they want to download to their computer or other media. To show later to your friends, parents, etc. This can be done SIMilarly to the method described above for the social network classmates.
To do this, scrolling through the news feed, photo albums of friends or acquaintances, you need to left-click on the image you like. This is done to open the picture in full size. Then you need to right-click and in the appeared context menu select the item “Save image as.”.
After that, the explorer menu appears, in which the user must specify the path to the connected flash drive. At this point, you can rename the photo. By default, the picture has the name that was specified by. To change the name, you need to select the old value in the explorer window below the File name item and write a new one. Then you need to select the connected USB flash drive and click the “Save” button.
In order to check whether the photo has been saved, it is enough to go to the flash drive section in the folder where the file was downloaded. And try to open it. If the picture is not in place, you need to try this process again, checking carefully the path to save the photo.
All of the above methods are SIMple and do not require special skills. All the user needs is free time and a desire to experiment. Most people, having made the first attempt and not getting the result, no longer try again. Many errors can occur due to an incorrectly connected flash drive. If the system does not see the device, you should reconnect it.
Sometimes errors occur due to the fact that the drive is full. To solve this problem, you should clean the device. Also, errors can occur due to the fact that the flash drive has less free space than the file to copy. Here, only replacing the drive with another with a large amount of memory will help.
In the case of downloading a photo from social networks, errors can occur only in the wrong save path. To solve the problem, repeat the procedure and carefully check all points.
I would be grateful if you use the buttons:
The phone does not recognize the USB flash drive
If your smartphone does not recognize the USB flash drive, in most cases this is caused by a poor-quality adapter. Also, one cannot exclude options for the failure of both the drive and the data transfer contacts in the gadget connectors. We recommend that you check the software requirements for smartphones again: Android firmware version with OTG support, while iPhone must be running iOS 13 or higher.
Solutions to possible problems
While executing one of the methods above, sometimes unexpected failures may occur. Next, we will consider the most common and offer solutions.
Using a computer
The next option is easier to perform, and consists in using a computer as an intermediary for transferring photos. There is nothing difficult in this: just connect your phone and a USB flash drive to a PC or laptop, then just move the pictures from the device to it, and from there to the drive. Detailed instructions are provided in the following articles.
Photos are not visible in the phone’s file manager (Android)
If snapshots are not visible in the application for working with Android files, then the first thing to do is to install something else: perhaps the current one for some reason does not work with graphic data. If you still can’t see the pictures both in it and in the gallery, then refer to the instructions below.
Transferring photos from phone to USB flash drive
Android has had On The Go (OTG) technology for quite some time, which allows you to connect a variety of USB peripherals to phones, including flash drives. For this feature to work, you need the following:
- Special adapter, preferably from a reliable manufacturer;
- Software installed on the device for testing the OTG operability, for example, USB OTG Checker;
Now we go directly to the procedure.
- Connect the USB flash drive to the adapter, then connect it to the phone.
- Run USB OTG Checker and check if your drive is recognized. If everything is fine, you will see the information as in the screenshot below.
Otherwise, refer to the troubleshooting section of this.
Launch the file manager and navigate to the Camera / DCIM folder of the device’s internal storage. If the directory you want is not there, check the same address on the memory card. Also, the photos taken with the camera can be located in other subfolders of the Camera directory or in its root. Highlight the pictures you want to copy, then use the copy function.
Go to the flash drive section (it can be called whatever you want, be guided by the USB letter combination in the name), select the appropriate directory in it and insert the pictures there.
Done. You’ve copied the photo to an external drive.
In iPhones, the procedure looks SIMilar to Android devices, but you don’t need to install any additional software: the main thing is that the phone runs iOS 13 and higher, and also purchase a Lightning OTG adapter, which looks something like this:
The very procedure for connecting and transferring photos is as follows:
- Connect the flash drive and adapter, then connect this design to the iPhone.
- Launch the Files app.
Open the folder, find the images there, select them with a long touch, repeat this gesture, then tap “Copy”. Return to the “Browse” item, and through the “Places” category, select your flash drive, then use the longtap again and click “Insert”.
To move data, select the required item in the context menu, then use the selection tool to select the external medium and click “Move”.
A wired connection is one of the most reliable, so we recommend using it.
For modern phones running Android and iOS, a USB flash drive is available via cable. The principle of this function is different for OS from Google and Apple, so we will consider both separately.
“No access” error when trying to copy a photo there
Such a failure means that writing to the USB drive is prohibited either due to enabled hardware protection or due to a software error. To solve this problem, use the instructions below.
It is also recommended to check the USB flash drive for viruses: computer malware, of course, will not damage the phone, but it can easily cause problems with recording.
Using the import function for Windows
Instructions for transferring photos from iPhone to PC:
- Unlock your tablet, smartphone, if you have a password.
- Connect the USB cable to your mobile device, then to your personal computer.
- Allow PC access. In the iPhone dialog box, click Trust Device. On some devices you need to select “Allow”.
Instructions for Windows 10
- First of all, select “Start”, then “Photos”
- Then click on “Import”
- Select the transfer method “From USB device”.
Select a device for transfer, a directory for saving information and mark the desired photos.
- High speed of import;
- Photo quality is not lost;
- Detailed setting.
- Does not support old firmware;
- May display the amount of data incorrectly.
Instructions for Windows 8
- Go to the Photo Album app. You can find it through the search line or on the desktop. It is installed there by default.
- In the photo album window, press RMB, then “Import”.
- Select the connected device and click “Next”.
Photos will be saved inside a folder under the name of the move date.
You can move photos wirelessly. The procedure is the same as for iPhoto.
- The first step is to enable the device synchronization mode via a wireless connection. To do this, connect your device to your PC and then turn on iTunes.
- Select the connected device. It can be found on the left.
- Click on the “Overview” tab, then “Options”.
- Check the box next to the words: “Synchronize device via Wi-Fi”.
Synchronization over a wireless connection must also be configured on the phone itself.
For this you need:
- Open settings.
- Select “Basic”.
- Click iTunes Wi-Fi Sync.
Now with two-way sync, you can move, add files, without using a cord.
- Fast synchronization;
- You can transfer files without a cable connection.
- Internet is required;
- Problems may occur when syncing different versions of Mac OS and IOS.
Instructions for Windows 7
- During autorun, a window with a choice of actions will appear.
- The user must click on the item “Import images and videos”.
- Check the box next to “Always execute for next device”.
You can transfer photos from iPhone to computer using the iPhoto utility. All smartphones from Apple support it.
- Connect your phone to PC.
- The application will start automatically on IPhone and PC.
- A list of photos will appear in front of the user. Highlight the required amount.
- In the upper right corner, import files using the button.
- After moving the photos, the program will offer to delete the original photos from the iPhone, you can agree or refuse.
Important: deleting the original photos from your phone will significantly free up space. In case of transferring to another disk, it is recommended to confirm the process of erasing files.
- Convenient directory for storing photos;
- Fast file import;
- Easy to use;
- There is a built-in editor.
- The ability to integrate with.
- Supported only for version x and older;
- Narrow functionality of the photo editor;
- No filter setting.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac OS?
You can transfer photos from your mobile device to Mac OS as follows:
- Connect the IPhone to your computer, laptop. Make sure the phone recognizes it, installs all drivers on the PC.
- Using the built-in SpotLight application, in the search line enter the query “Image Capture”. Follow the result.
- A new window will open with photos on the device.
Select all the photos you want to transfer to your Mac, and click “Import”, in a pre-prepared folder.
The advantages of this method:
- No need to download third-party programs;
- Easy to use for exporting photos;
- Operating systems quickly recognize each other.
- Only photos are available;
- Some photos may be damaged or not found.
Using iCloud functionality
In addition to using third-party resources, you can transfer images using cloud solutions. First, the user needs to set up a photo library.
- Click on the iCloud icon. If it is not there, then go to the “Settings” item, and then at the bottom find the cloud application.
- Check the amount of free storage space. By default, the user has the right to use 5GB.
- Click on “Photos”.
- Next to iCloud Music Library, move the slider to the right to enable syncing. All photos will be uploaded to the cloud service.
- The user can then log into iCloud via PC to access the images from the computer.
You can do it like this:
- Turn on your computer. Open your web browser. Go to the official storage site https://www.Icloud.com/.
- Sign in with your current account.
- Click on “Photos”. On the right are all saved files.
- Mark the images by pressing the Ctrl (Command) combination LMB. A down arrow icon will appear at the top. Click it to download the file.
- To automatically move photos to the storage, you need to move the “My Photo Stream” slider to the right.
- Convenient storage;
- Wide functionality;
- The ability to set up device sharing.
- Limited amount of memory;
- Availability of paid services;
- Icloud support from IOS 8.0 and above.
Transferring photos through iTunes
The main program for editing, managing Apple media is iTunes. First of all, the user needs to download it from the manufacturer’s official website. And then install.
Step by step instructions for moving
Pros of iTunes:
- Wide functionality;
- Access to all types of files;
- Device firmware update supported.
- Requires detailed configuration of the directory for exporting data;
- Can only be used on one device;
- Sometimes may not recognize the device.