How To Transfer Image From Ipad To Tv
Previously, there was a need to separately purchase a Miracast wireless adapter. Now, most TVs are equipped with this communication protocol out of the box or receive it with a firmware update. This solves the problem of how to output the image from the computer to the TV via Wi-Fi.
The computer must be equipped with a wireless adapter that supports Miracast.
The connection procedure is as follows:
Miracast support is required in the TV settings. On Samsung TVs, this feature is called Screen Mirroring. If it is not possible to set the desired settings, then in this case you need to make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on.
- On a laptop, you need to open the Charms bar. In Windows 8.1, it is located on the right side of the screen. Next, go to Devices, then to Projector (Transfer to Screen). After that, you need to click on the item Send to wireless display.
Note! If it is not possible to find the last item, it means that the computer does not support this method of communication. In some cases, it will be able to, if you transfer the wireless adapter driver to a new version.
Miracast support is built-in in Windows 7 and above. For example, in this operating room, in order to use the TV as a monitor via Wi-Fi, you need to do the following:
Press the WinP key combination. It is not necessary to press it for too long, as in this case the screen may go out.
- Then the screen will show the menu related to the design. In it you need to click on the line Connection.
- The operating system will provide a list of devices connected to the wireless network.
After that, the broadcasting process will begin.
Displaying images using Wi-Fi (mirroring the laptop screen on a TV)
To use the TV screen to mirror the image on the display, you need to use Miralinks technology or Intel WD.
In order for the laptop to be able to transmit images wirelessly, the TV must have a wireless adapter. In the process of work, it will be connected to the home router and will receive from it.
Modern models of Sony Bravia, Samsung and others may adopt Wi-Fi Direct technology. In this case, the TV itself creates a wireless network. In this case, a router is not required to organize communication between devices.
Important! You can even stream to a TV that doesn’t have a wireless adapter or Wi-Fi Direct. An HDMI input is sufficient for this. In this case, a mini PC the size of a USB flash drive can be connected to it.
Output and broadcast of images from a computer to a TV via Wi-Fi
Sometimes it is convenient to view both on the computer and on the TV. Modern wireless technologies provide this opportunity. To do everything right, you need to figure out how to transfer an image from a computer to a TV via Wi-Fi. This article will detail how to do it.
Transfer media from laptop to TV via Wi-Fi (DLNA)
In this case, the movie being watched on a laptop will be shown on TV at the same time. A wireless network is required to display images. To display, you need a wireless adapter. In this case, the laptop must be connected to Wi-Fi. When these two devices are connected at the same time, the image will be transmitted.
Some devices use Wi-Fi Direct technology. In such a situation, it will be possible to do without a router. The wireless network will be provided by the TV.
Connection to Wi-Fi is made from the corresponding menu during setup.
The first step is to set the desired parameters on the TV.
If you have a router to which the devices are connected, then you need to do the following:
- On the remote control, select the entrance to the settings.
- In the menu you need to go to the item related to network connections.
- Next, you need to select the section on wireless connection.
- Select the desired network from the list of available networks and enter the security key.
If you have the Wi-Fi Direct function, you need to do the following:
- Enter settings.
- In the menu, go to the section dedicated to Wi-Fi Direct.
- Enable this mode. The screen will display the name of the wireless network and the security key.
Having received the necessary data, you can connect to this network.
The next step is to configure the DLNA server.
For example, we will consider how this can be done on Windows 7:
- If you used Wi-Fi Direct, you need to connect to a wireless network. In this case, you must select a home network.
- If you have a home router, there should already be a connection to it.
- Further, the procedure boils down to organizing shared folders on the computer, where it will be located for viewing.
This is done like this:
Right-click on the folder name and go to its properties.
- Go to the Access tab and select advanced settings.
- Check the corresponding box to enable sharing of the folder.
To configure, it is enough to indicate that the wireless network is private. In this case, the Documents,, Music and Pictures folders are shared by default. You can add arbitrary folders to them, go to their properties, go to the Access tab and set general access in it to be able to send files.
Now in the control panel you need to go to the network section and go to the home network settings. You need to create a home group and open access to the necessary folders.
After DLNA has been turned on, you need to go to the Home button on the TV and go to the section for viewing available files on the screen.
File c must be in the shared folder. They go into it on a PC, right-click and select the Play on TV item. Here, instead of the last layer, the name of the TV is indicated. After starting, the stream will be transferred to the screen.
With this connection method, you can use the Media Player software to dub view files. To configure it, you need to do the following:
After starting the program on a laptop, in the upper horizontal menu, click the Stream line.
- In the menu that appears, click the line Allow access via the Internet.
- While the broadcast is in progress, the program should work. It is possible to turn it off after the end of the stream.
During the entire time of connection, the player will broadcast the file being played to the TV screen of Sony, LG or Samsung.
Important! For such broadcasting, programs that have a DLNA server function can be used. The most popular ones are: Kodi, Tversity, Plex, HMS (Home Media Center), Samsung Allshare, Mezzmo, Serviio.
In the VLC player, you can broadcast by selecting Broadcast from the Media menu. Then you need to go to the File tab and specify the file that you want to broadcast. However, to view it on TV, you need to launch a browser on it and specify the IP address of the computer on the home network. It is possible to do this using Chrome cast.
How to connect a regular TV to a laptop via Wi-Fi
To do this, the TV must have a built-in wireless adapter. To watch TV this way, you first need to set it up correctly. In this case, proceed as follows:
- Go to the section related to network connections.
- Select a wireless network connection.
- Open settings options. A list of available connections will be shown. You need to choose the one you want and connect.
To configure, you can use the free Home Media Server program (you can download it from the link. When you start, you will be prompted to add it.
How to transfer the image to the TV via Wi-Fi depends on the brand. Usually you need to go to the settings and select the DLNA server among the available connections.
After that, you can play the files on the screen on the laptop.
Apple TV and AirPlay
With the Apple TV set-top box on the big screen, you can view from various services, listen to music from iTunes. And AirPlay technology allows you to do all this remotely. It is she who makes it possible to display the image from the tablet on the TV screen.
Connect the set-top box to the TV.
- Activate AirPlay in its settings.
- Check that the iPad and the set-top box are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your tablet, double-tap the Home icon.
- In the menu that appears, click on AirPlay and activate the connection to Apple TV.
- Under the name of the set-top box there will be a switch for the function of mirroring the screen or Mirroring click on it.
- Adjust brightness with volume.
After that, the tablet will connect to the TV and you can start using all possible functions.
To view content on a large screen in the Apple Store on iPad, you need to download several applications, for example, Samsung SmartView in conjunction with Smart Remote. This option is only suitable if the TV supports Smart-TV.
Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the downloaded Samsung SmartView app on your tablet.
- After that, a menu will appear to select the device to which you want to connect.
- The TV receiver screen will display a message informing about the discovery of a new device. Allow the connection.
- The second Smart Remote app is needed for rewinding, adjusting the volume and other functions.
There are other utilities for equipment pairing, such as AirServer, Belkin MediaPlay, Reflector.
An important advantage of a wireless connection is that there are no wires. The user just needs to connect the tablet through an additional device or through the program.
How to connect iPad to TV: connection options
Apple appliances are known to users for their good performance and build quality. But for many, watching movies and TV shows on the big screen remains a priority, so you need to know how to connect iPad to TV. Broadcast from iPad to TV can be done wired and wirelessly.
An adapter like a Google Chromecast flash drive allows you to view photos, website pages and other information from a tablet on a large screen. The configuration involves the following actions:
Connect the adapter to the HDMI connector of the TV and to the power source.
- Connect the adapter and tablet to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Download the Google Home app on your iPad.
- Adjust all display parameters through it.
Tablet screen can now be cast to TV display.
How to display an image from an iPad on a TV
The vast majority of modern TVs are equipped with HDMI and / or VGA connectors, which allows you to create a wired connection between an iOS device and a TV. Such a connection will allow you to directly broadcast the image from the smartphone screen in 1080p HD quality without the slightest delay. The data transfer speed will allow not only watching movies or photos, but also comfortably playing dynamic games, quickly typing text, etc. Using a wired connection, you do not need to install additional software and configure your smartphone, just connect the Lightning and HDMI / VGA ports.
What about the disadvantages of a wired connection? Firstly, it is wired, which in itself is not very convenient if you want to show photos on a TV at a party, then you or the owner must have an appropriate adapter and cable.
Secondly, these toys are far from cheap.The Lightning-HDMI or Lightning-VGA adapter in the Russian online Apple Store costs 4 thousand rubles, another 1.6 thousand will have to be paid for an HDMI or VGA cable.
How to output or from iPhone or iPad to TV 3 ways
Iphone (iPad), as a personal-use device, in most cases fully meets the requirements of the owner. However, what to do when you want to watch a movie in a big company or show your friends photos? In this case, you can connect your smartphone to the TV, below we describe 3 ways to do this.
Wireless connection via DLNA
Dlna (Digital Living Network Alliance) standard is designed to transfer content over a local area network and is supported by most modern TVs. To broadcast photos,s and music from the iPhone to the big screen, you will need to install a special application from the App Store, fortunately, most of them (for example, Flipps, iMediaShare) are distributed free of charge.
The algorithm of operation of such programs is quite simple, the only condition is that the iPhone (iPad) and the TV (supporting DLNA) must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. All that remains is to select the desired TV in the application to create a pair, and then start broadcasting content to the big screen. At the same time, the application itself often offers the user many different streaming services, films and music (in most cases in English), as well as the ability to transfer content from applications, and Music.
If the TV is not equipped with a Wi-Fi module or does not support applications for broadcasting content from an iPhone, you can use a special transmitter. For example, Defender Smart Transmitter X1, which costs about 2,000 rubles, connects to the HDMI connector of the TV and receives a signal from a smartphone or tablet via Wi-Fi. For transmission, and music, you also need to install Flipps or iMediaShare on the device.
The advantage of this method is that the connection does not require additional devices (except for the transmitter in some cases) and is quite easy to configure. However, at the same time, such programs are not able to directly display the image from the iPhone (iPad) screen to the TV, but only transmit content from certain iOS applications and connected partner services. In addition, DLNA technology implies the use of resources of the final output device (i.E. Tv), which can affect the speed of work.
Connecting iPhone to a TV via Apple TV can be summed up in three words quickly, reliably, and expensive. Naturally, it is unprofitable to spend 14 thousand rubles for a set-top box (fourth generation with 32 GB of internal memory) solely for displaying images from the iPhone screen on a TV, but in general, the purchase of this device is unlikely to be unjustified.
We talked in detail about the capabilities of Apple TV in this article.
To start broadcasting content from your iPhone or iPad to your TV, you just need to follow a fairly simple procedure, go to Control Center on your smartphone (gesture from the bottom of the screen up) and select Air Play, and then Apple TV. All that remains is to move the repeat switch to the active position.
The connection will be established automatically, which will be signaled by the corresponding icon in the status bar of the iPhone or iPad.
With such a connection, the performance of the TV is absolutely not important, all resource-intensive processes will be performed by the set-top box.
How to transfer image from Android phone to TV instruction
Transferring images to an Android TV via Wi-Fi (Miracast)
Make sure to turn on Wi-Fi on your Android phone or tablet before starting, otherwise the following steps will show that wireless screens are not available.
Transferring an image from your phone to your TV may take slightly different steps depending on your Android version and smartphone brand, but the following options are usually available:
In the notification area, find the Broadcast icon, and after searching for available TVs, click on the desired one and wait for the broadcast to start.
- If you have a Samsung Galaxy phone, find the Smart View icon in the notification area, tap on it, wait for the TV to be found, tap on it and wait for the broadcast to start.
- Go to Settings Display Broadcast (or Wireless Miracast Screen), your TV will be displayed in the list (it must be turned on at this moment). Click on it and wait for the connection to be completed. On some TVs, you will need to allow connection (a prompt will appear on the TV screen).
- Open the quick action list in the Android notification area, select the Broadcast button (may not be available), after finding your TV, click on it.
That’s all if everything went well, then after a short time you will see the screen of your smartphone or tablet on the TV (the Camera application is open on the device below and the image is duplicated on TV).
You may also find additional information useful:
- The connection does not always happen the first time (sometimes it tries to connect for a long time and nothing comes out), but if everything that is required is included and supported, it is usually possible to achieve a positive result.
- Image and sound transfer rates may not be the best, and most games will not work like this.
- If you run something on your phone, and it is transmitted to the TV as a black screen (which may be in some players and with protected content), it is better to use the transfer methods described below in the section with additional image transfer methods.
- If you usually use portrait (vertical) screen orientation, then by turning on automatic rotation and rotating the device, you will make the image occupy the entire TV screen.
How to Transfer Picture from Android Phone to TV
Not all owners of modern Smart TV and Android smartphones or tablets know that it is possible to transfer images from a phone to a TV over Wi-Fi using Miracast technology. There are other ways, for example, using an MHL cable or Chromecast (a separate device that connects to the HDMI port of the TV and receives an image via Wi-Fi) or using DLNA when connected to the same network.
This manual details how to use the ability to broadcast images with sound from your Android 9, 8, 7 and earlier phone to a TV that supports Miracast (Screen Mirroring) technology. At the same time, despite the fact that the connection is carried out via Wi-FI, the presence of a router at home is not required, in any case for the direct transmission, which is discussed in the first part of the manual. Also may be of interest: How to use an Android and iOS phone as a TV remote.
- Checking and enabling broadcast support on Android
- How to enable screen transfer via Miracast on Samsung, LG, Sony and Philips TVs
- Transferring Picture from Android Phone to TV via Wi-Fi
- How to transfer an image from a phone to a TV instruction
- Additional transfer options from phone to TV
Checking for screen casting support on Android and enabling casting
In order not to waste time, I recommend that you first make sure that your phone or tablet supports displaying images on wireless displays: the fact is that not every Android device is capable of this, many of them belonging to the lower and partially to the middle price segment do not support Miracast.
- On Android 9 (in case of a clean OS) go to Settings Connected devices Connection settings Broadcast and make sure that the option to transfer images from the phone is enabled in the menu, as in the screenshot below.
- On Samsung Galaxy smartphones, open the notification area completely and see if there is a Smart View icon there (keep in mind that icons in the notification area can be scrolled and the desired one may not be on the first page).
- On earlier versions of the OS, go to Settings Display and see if there is a Broadcast item (in Android 6 and 7) or Wireless Display (Miracast) (Android 5 and some devices with proprietary skins). If the item is present, you can immediately switch it to the On state using the menu (called by three points) on pure Android or the On-Off switch in some shells.
- Another location where you can detect the presence or absence of the wireless image transfer function (Screen transfer or Broadcast) is the quick settings area in the Android notification area (however, it may be that the function is supported, but there is no button for turning on the broadcast, or it is hidden and can be enable in the settings as shown below).
If you are unable to find wireless display settings, Screen Mirroring, Smart View, Broadcast, Miracast, or WiDi, try searching through the settings by going to settings and using the search field. If nothing similar is found with a high probability, your device does not support wireless image transmission to a TV or other compatible screen.
How to enable support for broadcasting Miracast image (WiDI) on Samsung, LG, Sony and Philips TVs
Usually, in order to be able to transfer the image from the phone to the TV, it is enough that the TV is turned on and it has the Wi-Fi adapter turned on, but sometimes the wireless display function is turned off on the TV and you may need to turn it on in the settings first. Below are examples of such settings, on your TV the items may differ slightly, but the logic is usually the same and you can find the desired parameters.
- Samsung on the TV remote, press the Source button and select Screen Mirroring. Also in the network settings of some Samsung TVs there may be additional items for setting screen mirroring.
- Lg go to Settings (Settings button on the remote) Miracast Network (Intel WiDi) and enable this function.
- Sony Bravia Press the source select button on your TV remote (usually at the top left) and select Screen mirroring. Also, if you enable Built-in Wi-Fi and a separate Wi-Fi Direct item in the TV network settings (go to Home, open Network Settings there), the broadcast can be started without selecting a signal source (the TV will automatically switch to wireless broadcast), but when the TV must already be on.
- Philips option is enabled in Settings Network Settings Wi-Fi Miracast.
Theoretically, the items can change from model to model, but almost all today’s TVs with a Wi-Fi module support image reception via Wi-Fi, and I’m sure you will be able to find the desired menu item.
Additional options for transferring images, and from Android to TV
If your task is to transfer photos to a TV, and not just transfer a screen with all its limitations, I recommend using other methods, however, keep in mind that, unlike the previous method, it requires both the TV and the smartphone to be connected to the same network ( via cable or Wi-Fi does not matter):
- An application for casting to XCast TV, available for free on the Play Store and supporting DLNA streaming (you can also stream from your phone), Chromecast and even AirPlay https://play.Google.com/store/apps/details?Id=cast.Video.Screenmirroring.Casttotv
- The Cast Web application, which allows you to transfer images not only from your phone, but also from network services, is available here: https://play.Google.com/store/apps/details?Id=castwebbrowsertotv.Castwebvideo.Webvideocaster
- Do not forget that if the TV is on and you are playing YouTube on your phone, you can click on the broadcast icon in the application on your phone to start playing the same on a TV with control over on Android.
Hopefully one of the suggested solutions worked for your phone and TV sharing scenario.