How To Transfer From Iphone To Usb Flash Drive
Transfer from iPhone to computer via iTunes
As a reminder, iTunes is a program developed by Apple that allows you to play and organize music, movies, photos, etc. The main function of the program. It is synchronization with the device, filling with media files, and backing up all information. In order to transfer photos from iPhone to computer, we suggest doing the following:
Step one. Make sure you have a new version of iTunes installed on your personal computer.
Step two. Next, we need to synchronize the device with our PC. To do this, you need to set up synchronization. First, launch iTunes, then click on the icon in the form of a smartphone.
Step five. Wait for the sync process to complete.
This method can be carried out using a wireless Wi-Fi network, or using a wired.
Before transferring photos to a computer using iTunes, you need to sync via Wi-Fi.
Follow these steps:
- Step 1. Go to the “Devices” section.
- Step 2. Choose your iPhone.
- Step 3. Go to Options
- Step 4. Check the box next to “Sync this iPhone over Wi-Fi”.
- Step 5. Go to the menu in the “General” section, check “Sync iTunes over Wi-Fi”. After that, each time the device will automatically sync with the PC using Wi-Fi.
How to transfer from iPhone to PC via “photos” in Windows
This method is very lightweight and easy to use.
- Step one. Connect your device via USB cable to your personal computer.
- Step two. Unlock your device. A window will appear asking for access to your photos and.
- Step three. Click “Allow”, after which you will open access to your photos and.
- Step four. After that, you need to enter the internal storage of the phone. To do this, enter Windows Explorer, you will see “Internal Storage”. Double click on it, after which the internal storage of the phone will open.
- Step five. After that, the DCIM folder will appear, in order to view photos and files.
- Step six. To complete, select the necessary photos and copy them to the desired folder on your personal computer.
4 ways to transfer from iPhone to computer
The majority of owners prefer Apple products due to the wide and high-quality functionality of the camera. A large number of iPhone owners love capturing highlights on their device. But, unfortunately, a huge number of photos take up memory and have to be transferred to the hard drive of a personal computer.
Many users are wondering how it is possible to quickly and easily throw it onto a computer. In this article, we will look at how you can transfer photos from your iPhone to your computer.
Method 2. How to Transfer from iPhone to Computer Using iCloud
In this method, we will tell you how you can transfer Windows OS to your computer using iCloud. As a reminder, iCloud is a branded cloud storage manufactured by Apple. This program is convenient in that it allows you to store iPhone backups, photos,, notes, calendars, etc. It also gives access to your photos, documents, etc. From any device. Each user gets 5 GB of iCloud for free. You can access your files from any device by going to iCloud.com and logging in with your Apple ID.
In order to sign in to iCloud, you do not need to create a new account, for this use your Apple ID. First, we need to configure the iCloud library settings. Follow these steps:
- Step 1. Open the iCloud program on your PC.
- Step 2. Enter Settings.
- Step 3. Select iCloud Music Library.
- Step 4. Click on “Finish”, then “Apply”.
To download photos via iCloud to your computer, do the following:
- Step one. Connect the device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Step two. On your PC go to “Computer”, where the icon of your device should be displayed.
- Step three. Right-click and select “Import. In the window that opens at the bottom, click on Advanced options.
- Step four. In the line “Import images to” choose where to upload photos. Confirm the import by clicking “Ok” and “Next”.
- Step five. In the window that appears, it is fashionable to manually check the boxes on those photos that you need to transfer to your PC.
- Step six. Click Import. After that, the files are saved to the folder of your choice. After the import is complete, the folder will open again.
In this method, we will show you how to transfer photos to OC Mac.
- Step 1: Connect iPhone to Mac first.
- Step 2. Launch Spotlight located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Step 3. Go to Image Capture.
- Step 4. You can select photos manually by clicking the left mouse button or import all at once by clicking the “Import all” button.
- Step 5. Select the folder where the photos will be imported.
- Step 6. Before importing files, it is advised to uncheck the box next to “Delete after import”, otherwise all files on the device will be deleted after import.
4 ways to transfer from iPhone to computer
- Method 1. Transfer from iPhone to computer via iTunes
- Method 2. How to Transfer from iPhone to Computer Using iCloud
- Method 3. How to transfer from iPhone to PC via “photos” in Windows
- Method 4. How to transfer from iPhone to computer via iCareFone
How to transfer from iPhone to computer via iCareFone
Tenorshare iCareFone software is highly efficient and fast to use for transferring files to your computer from iPhone. The main feature of this program. It is the ability to work directly with the connected device without unnecessary file transfers. The utility allows you to backup and restore data.
Then follow these steps step by step:
Step 1. Connect iPhone to your PC via USB cable. Run the program on your computer.
Step 2. Click the photo (quick access) icon on the home interface or click “Manage” “”.
Step 3. Select which you want to transfer to your PC, click “Export”. Then choose a location to save them.
Step 4. You can set image formats using “Export Settings”.
Step 5.Icarefone also lets you transfer your albums between iOS and PC.
So, we have analyzed the simplest, most effective and fastest ways to transfer photos from iPhone to computer. In the first method, we explained how to use iTunes to transfer photos from your device to your computer. This method can be carried out using a wireless Wi-Fi network, or using a wired.
In the second method, we described how to transfer from iPhone to computer using iCloud. Its difference is that it allows you to store iPhone backups, photos, notes, calendars, etc.
In the third method, we mentioned how to transfer from an iPhone to a PC via “photos” in Windows. This method is completely easy and fast. All transmission takes place by moving from the DCIM folder to a personal computer. In the fourth method, we described step by step how to transfer photos to a PC through iCareFone. This method is simple, it can be done by exporting photos to a computer. This program can be downloaded from the official Tenorshare website. This utility will be the main assistant for working with media files.
Hope all of the above information was helpful.
Loading the client application
Users of OS Windows without can also use the cloud storage Ikloud. Apple developers have created an official client program for working with the service on a PC.
You can download the installation file on the corporation website at the link https://support.Apple.com/ru-ru/HT204283.
Then follow the instructions:
- Open the downloaded installer file;
- Accept the license agreement;
- Wait for the installation to complete.
Icloud for Windows
Troubleshooting iCloud for Windows installation problems
Among the common reasons for the unsuccessful installation of the Icloud application are the following:
- A message appears Multimedia functions are missing. To install the application, you must have Windows Media Player on your Windows computer. If your copy of the OS does not imply work with a preinstalled standard player, download it from a free web source and install it on your PC, as without it the installation process of Icloud will not start;
- Message There is no connection to the server. If, after installing the application and trying to connect it, you encounter such an error, check your Internet connection. The program does not connect to the WEB due to the impossibility of sending a network request;
- Icloud does not sync with other devices. This happens due to the use of an outdated version of the client application. To update the version of the programs, use the Apple Software Update utility (http://apple-software-update.Updatestar.com/ru). Run the EXE file and the utility will automatically scan all Apple software installed on your computer and update it.
Setting up content for synchronization
Ios users can limit the types of content that will be transferred to the cloud.
Before you start uploading, make sure that you have allowed moving snapshots to the vault:
- Open iPhone or iPad settings;
- Click on the iCloud line;
- In the window that opens, activate the types of content that can be sent to the server. Make sure items and iCloud Drive are enabled
Now connect your gadget to Wi-Fi to start transferring files. In the phone settings, you can see the exact time of the last synchronization with the storage.
Setting up automatic synchronization
To automatically display all yours and those captured on the camera not only on your phone, but also on other computers, use the My Stream function.
With its help, all images from the gallery independently move to the cloud and appear in the client application of Windows.
To enable the automatic image transfer function, open the settings window on your phone or tablet and click on the iCloud field.
Then select the item and in a new window activate the Upload to My Stream slider.
Figure 19 Enabling Image Streaming
Are automatically sent to the cloud after such actions:
- After closing the Camera application on a smartphone or tablet;
- As a result of connecting the phone to a Wi-Fi network;
- After uploading a specific file manually via the explorer menu.
To download files saved in the cloud to your PC, go to the iCloud program. Click on the Synchronize button.
Next, a window will appear in which you need to check the box for which years you need to add pictures.
After confirming the action, the images will start loading into Windows OS. This may take from 1 to 30 minutes, depending on the quantity and quality of your Internet connection.
If the phone and computer are connected to Wi-Fi, neither a cable nor a flash drive is needed to transfer data. You can exchange files over the network, sometimes even faster. The only condition is to install the program for transferring objects via the Internet to either device or only to the phone.
Previously, Apple devices were closely related to iTunes and were synchronized with the computer only using this program. Now the situation looks completely different. The App Store has tons of apps to send photos and other files from iPhone or iPad to PC.
Wi-Fi data applications
Documents (free) is a Ukrainian development, which for a short time of its development received the title of almost the main file manager for Apple smartphones and tablets. Application language is Russian. Recently Documents has the ability to transfer files from phone to computer and vice versa wirelessly.
Open Documents by Readdle app on iOS device.
- Go to Services.
- Click on the Wi-Fi Transfer button.
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to docstransfer.com.
- Scan the QR code that appears on the monitor with your phone camera.
- Then select a folder on your computer and manually upload the photos you want (you can download whole albums at once).
All is ready!
Send Anywhere (free) is another application for sending photos from a mobile device to a computer, which works in a similar way to Documents. App language English.
To send snapshots via Send Anywhere, do the following:
Open the Send Anywhere app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Check boxes to be sent to PC.
- Click on the Submit button.
- A special code will appear to access files on another device.
Then open the website send-anywhere.com on your computer.
- Enter the six-digit code from your phone in your browser.
After that, the file (or several files) will be automatically loaded into the system.
Zapya (free) This service differs from the previous two by the need to install proprietary software not only on a phone or tablet, but also on a computer. This is justified by the principle of the service. Application language is English. To send via you need:
Open Zapya on your phone and select to send.
- Click on the Send button in the lower right corner.
- Open Zapya on a Windows 7 or newer computer.
- Wait for Windows to appear on the radar in Zapya and select it.
After that, the document will be sent to the computer.
Ways to Transfer Files from Phone to PC
This article will discuss the following ways to download pictures from a mobile device to a computer.
By USB cable, the classic version. Its main advantage is speed and reliability. You do not need special programs to connect your phone to a PC, and the cable is included in the bundle of any mobile gadget. In addition, data transfers via cable faster than network.
- Using an SD card or flash drive. Almost the same convenient and fast way of data transfer as the first one. If you have a USB flash drive or SD card with a reader for connecting to a computer, but there is no USB cable, then it is better to prefer it.
- By bluetooth. This option is usually used when you have difficulty connecting to the Internet, do not have an SD card and a suitable cable. Slowest and most unstable way.
- Wi-Fi. Not the easiest, but versatile and fast method of data transfer. However, it requires the use of additional applications or services to send files from one device to another.
Icloud Drive is Apple’s built-in cloud storage that automatically saves photos to the company’s servers. To access these snapshots from your computer, you need to download the iCloud program for Windows.
When setting up the application, check the box next to iCloud Sharing.
After installing it:
In File Explorer on your computer, open the iCloud folder.
- Click the Upload button and
Instead of iCloud, you can use another popular Dropbox storage. It is enough to register an account and install branded applications on both devices.
How to transfer photos via Dropbox:
When launched on a smartphone, the application will ask if it can be uploaded to the cloud automatically.
- Confirm your consent, then all your pictures will be transferred to the cloud.
- Open dropbox.com on your computer.
- Find the photo you want and click Download.
How to transfer photos from phone to computer
Why do people copy from smartphone to computer? Someone just stores them on a larger disk, someone wants to free up space on the phone, and someone is editing them on a PC. There can be a lot of reasons, there are just as many ways to transfer pictures from one device to another. Let’s focus on the most convenient and fastest.
Using a flash drive or memory card
Another method that can be used if your phone has a microSD card. To transfer from it to your PC:
Connect the card to the computer using a card reader (adapter device).
- Open File Explorer.
- Find the / DCIM folder on the map.
- Copy all the necessary photos from it.
The same goes for USB sticks. The only difference is that you first have to connect the USB flash drive to your smartphone via a USB-A to micro / mini-USB adapter and manually load it onto it. This process may look different depending on the device and file system. Usually it consists in simply transferring files from one folder to another.
Snapshots, as you remember, are stored in the / DCIM directory, and the folder of the connected flash drive can be called differently. After connecting to the phone, it will appear in the file and folder manager.
How to Transfer from iPhone to Computer
Reading time: 4 minutes
Today the subject of the article will seem to be a simple, but not always clear topic. After all, I am sure that when you just got yourself an iPhone, you immediately started using it to the maximum: playing games, surfing the Internet and taking pictures. And so you took a bunch of pictures, connect your device to your computer and. You are a little lost, as iTunes comes out and wants something from us. But we just need to transfer photos from iPhone to computer. Let’s see, everything is really simple.
I will consider transferring photos from iPhone to computer on two different systems, Windows and OS X, as they do it in completely different ways. Let’s start with Windows.
It should be noted right away that the reverse process of transferring from a computer to an iPhone is radically different from what is described below. This is due to the creation of additional service files on the device. For more details, read the instructions on how to transfer from computer to iPhone.
How to transfer photos to OS X
Everything is very simple here, because, of course, Apple thought about this question about the bundle of its own devices.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer on Windows OS
Before transferring from iPhone to computer, we need to find a USB cable.
Further, in order to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows, you need to follow these steps:
- We connect the device to the computer using our USB cable.
You can open the device immediately after detection, you will see the Windows Explorer window, which will offer you a number of actions that you can do. Select “Open device to view files”.
- Also, when the computer “sees” our iPhone, then in the “My Computer” section, in the left column under the list of your displayed hard drives, your device will be displayed by the name that you awarded the iPhone when setting up in iTunes. It will appear as a media device, with its own camera icon. If for some reason you did not open the device with the paragraph above, then you can do it now by clicking on it with the mouse.
- By double clicking on the icon of our newly minted media device, we get into. List of our photos? Not yet. We find ourselves in the folder that displays “Internal storage”. Click on it twice, then on the “DCIM” folder and then on the specific folder for each name (I have it “860OKMZO”). Now we see our !
- Well, now we select the photos that we want to transfer to the computer and drag the necessary ones (or a group of several), for example, into some specially created folder or an existing one
- Everything, photos have been moved!
Note to the hostess. Sometimes the PopUp window that opens every time you connect your iPhone to your computer is very annoying. Here’s how to turn it off.
Since not everyone and do not always use standard official methods, or maybe they simply do not have the necessary program at hand, here’s how you can transfer from iPhone to computer using one of the file managers. For example iTools.
We go into the program.
- And we follow the path DCIM / 100APPLE.
- All files that you see are your // screenshots. Screenshots and photos will have three letters at the beginning of the file. Img, and, accordingly, VID.
- Now we repeat the discussed procedure more than once. Drag to desktop / folder.
- That’s all! Photos moved!
Now you can easily transfer all your photos and more! Good luck!
Again, before transferring from iPhone to computer, prepare a USB cable.
We need the “Image Capture” program, which is included with standard applications in OS X. It is located in the “Programs” section. You can also find it through the in-system Spotlight search engine (called by simultaneously pressing CMD Space).
Connect the device to the Mac.
- The system should immediately notice the device and itself should open the “Image Capture” application (if this did not happen, I wrote above how and where it can be found).
- You will see a list of photos of your device. It remains only to drag the selected photos to the desktop / folder.
- All is ready!
Another way to transfer from iPhone to computer. This time without connecting to a computer at all. This is done through a shared folder in the Yandex.Disk cloud service.
A huge plus of this method is that photos can be dropped from any place where there is Internet. And these photos will be available even when the iPhone is turned off.