How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone
Instructions for transferring data from iPhone to iPhone
When buying a new iPhone, the user may be faced with the need to transfer his personal data from the old device. How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone? Read below.
This method is the easiest, you will need to use Apple’s proprietary iCloud service to transfer information to a new iPhone. It is a cloud storage that allows you to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone and to other iOS devices. It can also be useful when archiving critical files. So, first, take your old iPhone and follow these steps:
- Go to settings. Go to the iCloud menu, find Storage & Copies. The date of the last backup (copies of important device files) will be displayed at the bottom of the screen. If you want to create a more recent version, click the Create a Copy button;
- The phone will then copy the files to iCloud. This procedure can take quite a long time (depending on the memory of the device and the speed of the Internet connection).
This completes the manipulations with the old iPhone. Switch to your new iOS device and do the following:
- Reset the settings to factory defaults. If the phone is new, you do not need to do this. After configuring the basic parameters (time, date, Wi-Fi network), click the “Recover from iCloud copy” button. In the menu that appears, enter your personal information (Apple ID and password). Accept the privacy terms;
- In the new window, select the latest version of the backup made on the old device. Immediately after that, the process of copying data and settings from the old iPhone to the new one should begin.
After completing all the manipulations, the new smartphone will reboot and display information about the successful restoration of the backup.
data transfer via iTunes
For this method, we already need a computer with iTunes installed (preferably the latest version). Before starting work, connect the old device to the PC and wait for it to be detected by the program. iPhone will be highlighted in the top menu, click on its icon. Then go to the “This PC” window, where there is an item “Create a copy now”.
iTunes will ask for your permission to copy programs, confirm it using the button in the pop-up window. At the end of the procedure, iTunes will display the date of the last backup of the device.
Then you only need to reset the settings on the new iPhone to factory settings (if this is the first start of the phone, you do not need to reset anything). After manipulating the start screen, select the “Restore from a copy of iTunes” button. A window will appear in iTunes prompting you to restore from a backup, select “Restore from backup” and click “Continue”. At the end of the process, wait until all applications are fully synchronized.
data transfer through the AnyTrans utility
- Connect your old and new iOS device to your computer using two USB cables. Launch AnyTrans and wait for the gadgets to sync. Its status will be displayed in the upper left corner of the program;
- Select your old device from the menu, click on the iOS icon at the top of the window;
- Click the “Content to iOS” button. In the next window, a menu will open with all possible files for transfer, their number will also be displayed here. Mark the necessary icons and confirm the transfer of all data;
That’s it, the operation is complete. As a reminder, when transferring contacts to a new iPhone, you will need to temporarily turn off iCloud syncing for that device. AnyTrans can also work with Android smartphones where the USB debugging option is pre-enabled. We hope our data transfer guide was helpful to you.
If you are reading this, then you were interested, so please subscribe to our channel on Yandex.Zen, well, for one thing, like (thumbs up) for your efforts. Thank you!
If you are reading this, then you were interested, so please subscribe to our channel on Yandex.Zen, well, for one thing, like (thumbs up) for your efforts. Thank you!
How to create a backup
To completely transfer the necessary information from one iPhone to another, the client must create a copy of all data contained in the gadget. This can be done using the Aycloud cloud. The operation is performed according to the following instructions:
- to transfer the parameters of an old smartphone, you will need to make a copy in the cloud;
- first, the user must go to the section with the gadget settings;
- then select the “Menu” item, where the client clicks on the “iCloud” section;
- a list will open on the screen, in which the owner selects the “Copies and storage” subsection;
- if the client has the “Backup” service activated, then the latest version of the copy will be located at the very bottom, the date is also indicated there;
- if a new copy is required, you can create it yourself, for this click the “Create a copy” button;
- when all the actions are completed, the copying procedure will begin, the duration depends on the operation of the smartphone and the speed of the network connection.
After a few minutes, the time of the last copy will appear on the screen.
How to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone
Apple is constantly releasing new versions of gadgets, and iPhone owners are trying to replace outdated models with updated ones. But after purchasing a smartphone, you need to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. Information is spread in different ways, it is worth talking about them in more detail.
How to copy data using iCloud
The user can drop the necessary files and contacts using the iCloud smartphone. To do this, you first need to sync. This is one of the easiest ways to transfer data to a new gadget. For this option to be available, the user will need to insert a working SIM card into the device.
Before transferring data from iOS to iOS, the client must create a backup. To perform the operation, you first need to connect your smartphone to the Internet via Wi-Fi. After that, the owner must log in to the Apple ID system. Next, the client needs to follow the instructions to create a copy:
- a section with settings opens on the cell phone;
- select “iCloud” in the menu;
- “Backup” is selected in the list;
- after the transition, the user will see a list, opposite the inscription “iCloud Copy” must be ticked;
- now the “Create a copy” item is selected.
- While the copy operation is in progress, it is prohibited to turn off the device.
As soon as the system creates a new backup, the user can start the operation to transfer the parameters to the new gadget:
- first you need to turn on the purchased device, a welcome message should be displayed on the screen;
- if such a window is not displayed on the screen, you will need to manually reset the settings to the factory settings;
- the client is now connecting the gadget to the Wi-Fi network;
- you can adjust the parameters of the smartphone until the item “Data and Programs” appears on the screen;
- select “Recover from iCloud copy” in the list;
- the owner of the smartphone must log into the Apple ID account through the iCloud system;
- the previously created backup is selected from the list.
After selecting the copy, the data download will start. The operation takes several minutes, during the process you cannot turn off the Internet on your phone.
- If the user needs to reset the installed settings to factory settings, he should open the section with iPhone settings. There the client clicks on the “Basic” sub-item and clicks on the “Reset” button. A section for resetting settings and content is selected from the list.
How to pass parameters if the initial gadget setting is used
When the company released gadgets running on the iOS 11 operating system, customers were able to transfer information from iPhone to iPhone. This procedure is provided during the initial configuration of the gadget. For the operation to be successful, you must follow these instructions:
- on the purchased device, the language should be set, in this case “Russian” is selected;
- a window will appear on the screen for entering data on the Apple ID account, the user clicks the “Continue” item;
- an image will appear on the new device;
- it needs to be scanned by a smartphone that has already been in use;
- on the new device, enter the same access code that was used on the old phone;
- you can configure the Touch ID / Face ID functions on the purchased gadget;
- after that, the smartphone will prompt you to choose to restore data from saved backups, you will need to select the desired.
- It takes 5 to 20 minutes to transfer data from your old iPhone to your new phone. It all depends on how the gadget works. When the procedure is completed, all parameters will be saved in the new smartphone.
How to transfer information using iTunes
This is an additional way to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. To apply the option, the customer must download the iTunes application to their computer. Also, the user must have a wire to connect the smartphone to the PC. A Lightning cable will do. The transfer operation is performed according to the following scheme:
- the client must check which version of the program is installed on the computer;
- if iTunes is not the latest version, it is recommended to update it;
- then the old device is connected to a stationary PC;
- iTunes starts on the computer;
- after launch, a window will open, at the top of the page there is a smartphone icon;
- you should click on it;
- then select the item “Encrypt local copy”;
- you also need to add an access password;
- the screen will display a question about the need to create a backup;
- the user clicks the “Skip” button;
- the copying operation will start, it will take some time;
- when the procedure is completed, you should disconnect the old gadget from the PC;
- you can pull out the SIM card from the smartphone, having previously turned it off;
- now you need a new smartphone, connect it to your computer;
- the basic setup is performed, the language is selected and the Wi-Fi network is connected;
- iPhone Settings will be highlighted, you must select the “Restore from a copy of iTunes” section;
- now you need to go to the application and click on the “Restore from backup” button there;
- the client clicks on the last created copy and specifies the access password.
The data transfer procedure will take some time, it all depends on the number of files and contacts. Until the operation is completed, you cannot turn off the gadget or disconnect it from the PC. Once the recovery process is complete, you can use your new smartphone.
How to use the Quick Start option correctly
If the client has previously used a smartphone on which the operating system iOS 11 is installed, and the purchased iPhone also has this OS, then you can change all the parameters using the “Quick Start” function. To complete the operation, the client must follow these instructions:
- an old device is taken, it is placed next to a new gadget;
- now you need to turn on the purchased smartphone;
- if settings are already set on it, they are reset to factory settings;
- on the new cell phone the language “Russian” is selected;
- as soon as the “Quick Start” notification window appears on the purchased gadget, the automatic synchronization of the two smartphones should begin;
- for the procedure to begin, confirmation from the owner is required;
- then the system will offer the client to authorize using the password and Apple ID login;
- this is necessary for full customization;
- if the button is not pressed, it is recommended to connect Bluetooth on the smartphone;
- an animated picture will appear on the screen of the new gadget;
- smartphones should be pressed against each other with back panels;
- it is now recommended to wait for the operation to complete successfully.
- In order for the transfer process to be performed without losses and errors, the devices must be kept as close to each other as possible.
Also, to perform the transfer without errors, you should charge both gadgets to a full battery and do not turn off the Internet while transferring files. If you follow these rules, then all parameters will be pumped without losses and errors.
The user can transfer music, contacts and photos from an old smartphone to a new iPhone in different ways. The easiest way to do this is through iCloud. If this method is not available, iTunes applies. New versions of operating systems have a Quick Start function.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone Using iTunes
In this way, you can move not only phone numbers, but also all the information (photos, videos and music) stored in your gadget. So, what needs to be done for this?
- Connect your iPhone, which stores all the phone numbers, to your computer. Launch iTunes.
- In the window that opens, select your device and configure the sync settings. Click on the “Apply” button.
- Disconnect the first device from the PC and then reconnect the new one.
- Synchronize in the same way. After it ends, you will see that all phone numbers will be in the new device.
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone: instructions
Progress does not stand still, and sooner or later any owner of an iPhone gadget decides to purchase a new, more modern model of a mobile device. What worries us in the first place when we are going to part with an old phone? The answer is obvious: how to get all the phone numbers to appear on the new mobile device. Indeed, sometimes there are more than two hundred contacts, and it seems simply unrealistic to rewrite them manually. That is why in this article I will tell you how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone, as well as to any other modern gadget. So let’s look at a few options.
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone using Microsoft Outlook
This is usually the easiest way. To transfer contacts, you need to do the following:
- Use a USB cable to connect your old iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes.
- In the window that opens, select the “Information” section and synchronize with Outlook.
- Disconnect the device from the PC.
- Take a new gadget and connect it to your computer. In the program window, perform synchronization in the same way.
- That’s all. Contacts copied.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone Using the Mover App
In order to use this method, it is necessary that this program be installed in both gadgets between which information will be exchanged. The Mover app is available in the AppStore and you can download it absolutely free. So, let’s get down to action:
- Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi wireless network.
- Launch Mover on the gadget from which you will transfer information.
- In the program window, click on the plus sign and mark the contacts that need to be transferred.
- Launch the Mover app on the second device.
- Pay attention to the screen of the first iPhone. an arrow will appear at the top pointing to the second gadget.
- Did you see? Now just slide your finger along the highlighted pins in the direction of this arrow. All information will be in the new device.
How to transfer contacts to iPhone from any other phone
In order to copy contacts from Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson to iPhone, you need to make sure that your old mobile can work with PC. Usually, the set with the phone should come with an installation disc on which you can find the necessary program. So, let’s get down to action:
- Connect your old phone to your PC and sync it with your computer using the app.
- In the window that opens, find the “Export contacts” function. Using it, the program will create a file with contacts in one of these formats: CSV, vCard, vcf, etc.
- Disconnect your old phone and connect your new iPhone to PC.
- Start iTunes and look for the “Import Contacts” function. If the file formats are compatible, then all phone numbers from one application will automatically be transferred to another application. You just have to transfer contacts to iPhone by synchronizing it with iTunes. And how to do this, see a little higher.
From all that has been said, we can conclude that moving contacts from phone to phone is not that difficult. The main thing is to follow the instructions. I hope you won’t have any more questions about how to transfer contacts from iPhone or iPhone.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone
If you want to transfer photos from one iPhone to another iPhone, then the easiest option is to use the Airdrop technology. This technology was developed specifically for sharing files over a Wi-Fi network or Bluetooth. One of the main features of the Airdrop technology is that it does not require any configuration from the user and works, one might say, out of the box.
The only limitation of Airdrop is that it cannot transfer files over the Internet. Both devices must be close to make a transfer. If you want to upload a photo over the Internet, then you need to use other methods for this. For example, you can use messengers (iMessage. VK, WhatsApp) or cloud storage (iCloud, DropBox, OneDrive, Google Disk).
So, in order to transfer a photo from iPhone to iPhone using Airdrop, you need to turn it on first. To do this, put your finger to the bottom edge of the screen and pull it up. As a result, a small menu with basic settings should appear.
Here you need to click on the Airdrop button and select “Only for contacts” or “For all” in the list that appears. In the first case, you can upload a photo only to those users who are added to your contacts, and in the second, Airdrop will work with all devices. In a similar way, you need to enable Airdrop on the second iPhone, otherwise nothing will work.
After that, open the “Photos” application and find the photo that you want to transfer from iPhone to iPhone. There should be a Share button next to the photo (it looks like a square and an arrow). Click on the “Share” button and you will see a list of possible ways to transfer the photo. And immediately below the picture, all nearby devices with Airdrop enabled will be displayed. Click on the device to which you would like to transfer the photo, and it will be sent immediately.
It should be added that the Airdrop technology works with all Apple devices. So with the help of this technology, you can transfer photos not only from iPhone to iPhone, but also from iPhone to iPad or MacBook.
We also recommend reading our article on how to transfer photos from iPhone to computer.
Transferring data via iTunes
In this method, you will also need to use a computer.
- Connect your old phone to your computer.
- Launch iTunes. If an outdated version of the program is installed on the computer, then you need to update it.
- Create a backup by clicking on the “Create a copy now” button in the “Browse” item of the device settings in iTunes.
- Wait for the end of the copy creation process.
Next, you need to transfer the copy to a new device.
- Start a new device. Settings should be reset to factory defaults. (The welcome screen should appear. If not, refer to the last instructions in the previous paragraph).
- Customize your new phone to your liking until the Apps & Data screen appears.
- Select “Recover from iTunes Copy”.
- Connect your new smartphone to a PC that has a backup of your old device.
- Select a new device in iTunes.
- “Recover from copy”.
- Select the copy you need (navigate by date).
- Once the restore is complete, you can complete the setup of the new device.
Methods to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone
Depending on your convenience, you can use one of the instructions below to transfer data from one device to another.
Using the Quick Start feature
If the old and new devices have versions of the operating system iOS 11 and higher, then you can use the “Quick Start” function.
- Put old and new devices side by side.
- Start a new device (settings must be reset to factory defaults).
- Select the language on your new phone.
- When a notification about “Quick start” appears on a new device, a window about synchronization with a new smartphone should be displayed on the old one.
- Please confirm. Quick Start prompts you to use your Apple ID to set up. If the continue setup button is not pressed, turn on Bluetooth on your phone.
- The animation should appear on the new iPhone. Press the back covers of the smartphones together and wait for the message about the end of the process.
It is important to keep the devices as close to each other as possible so that the data transfer process goes without errors.
It is advisable to keep the Wi-Fi connection active throughout the entire process and make sure that the smartphones are more than half charged beforehand. These two actions allow the iPhone to load photos, applications, music and more into memory at one time.
Transferring information using iCloud
Using iCloud to sync data is one of the easiest ways to get your purchased phone ready for everyday use. It is only important to take into account the fact that a new smartphone must have a SIM card installed.
Before porting data, you must create a backup copy of it in the phone’s memory. To do this, connect your old iPhone to the network using Wi-Fi. You also need an Apple ID account. Now you can start directly creating a copy.
- Open the device settings menu.
- Find the item “iCloud” there.
- “Backup copy”.
- Switch the “iCloud Backup” slider to the active position.
- Click “Create Backup”.
- Wait for the end of the process without disconnecting the device from the Internet.
When the copy is finished, you can start transferring data to the new device.
- Start a new smartphone. A window with greetings in different languages should appear (if the device has not been configured yet). If the screen does not appear (that is, the device is already configured), then you need to reset the settings to the factory settings. Instructions for resetting the settings are below.
- Choose your Wi-Fi network, connect to it.
- Next, customize your smartphone to your liking until the item “Programs and data” appears, in it select the line “Recover from a copy of iCloud”.
- Sign in to iCloud using your Apple ID account information.
- Select the copy of the data you need. To select, you can navigate by the date of its creation.
- Wait for the end of the data download process without disconnecting from Wi-Fi.
If you need to restore the settings to factory settings, then do the following sequence of actions.
- Open the settings.
- Go to “General”. “Reset”. “Erase Content and Settings”.
How to Transfer Data to New iPhone. All Methods
If you are considering this article, congratulations, most likely you have become the owner of a brand new iPhone and so far you are just figuring out the functionality of the desired acquisition. The initial question that needs to be resolved now is transferring all data, contacts and settings from your old device. In this article, we will analyze the question of how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone in simple and convenient ways.
Thus, transferring data from one iPhone to another is easy. You just need to choose the most convenient transfer method and perform a series of simple actions. successful settings!
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Huawei or Honor?
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Huawei or Honor? A similar question is asked not only by ordinary users, but also by employees of the mentioned Chinese company. That is why they designed and built a simple, user-friendly application that allows you to instantly import contacts from one device to another. Phone owners only need to download and install the service, after which they can use it. True, it has certain drawbacks, so it is worth additionally considering alternative transfer options.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Android Huawei or Honor via Phone Clone?
The easiest way to quickly transfer information from iPhone to Android is to use the new app from Huawei. It’s called Phone Clone. Using it will require:
- download the program and install it on both smartphones that need to be synchronized;
- specify in the settings the receiving phone as “new”, and the sending phone as “old”;
- connect both devices to a single Wi-Fi network;
- select the files that need to be transferred;
- start the sending process;
- wait for it to complete.
How to transfer data from iPhone to Huawei?
The main disadvantage of the described approach is that both devices participating in the transfer of information must be located nearby. This is not always possible, so users should figure out how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Honor using other methods. There are many similar ones:
- cloud services iCloud and Google;
- special mobile applications.
In a word, there are many different options that allow you to achieve the desired result in a short time. You just need to search a little and choose the best approach.
MobileTrans is a universal telephone service that allows you to transfer several types of files at once. To transfer contacts, you will need:
- install the program on your computer;
- connect both phones to the PC;
- wait until the devices are displayed in the program interface;
- carry out basic connection setup (following the instructions and system messages);
- select the files that you want to transfer by checking the boxes next to them;
- start the process and wait for the transfer to complete.
The transfer speed depends on the amount of information being transferred, so it is impossible to predict in advance when the process will end.
using a google account
The first method is suitable for people who already have a Google account (if this option seems convenient, you can also register for those who have not yet managed to create their own account). When everything is ready, to throw contacts from iPhone to Android, there will be:
- go to iPhone settings;
- switch to the section offering to link your account;
- log in to your Google profile;
- select files and information to sync;
- save selected parameters.
After that, it remains to open the used account on another smartphone and access the received contacts.
In order to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud, you will have to attend to creating a backup copy. To do this: enable Wi-Fi transmission on the current smartphone; open the settings menu and find the item with the owner’s name; go to the item “iCloud”, in the window that opens, find the link “Backup to iCloud”; move the slider to the active position; click on “Create a backup”. Wait until the copying is completed and do not disconnect the Internet connection. the copy is uploaded to the cloud server, the duration of the process is influenced only by the amount of uploaded information. If the owner believes that the smartphone contains a lot of useless files, it is recommended to clean the iPhone.
Before transferring data from iPhone to iPhone via iTunes, you should take care of creating backup archives. For this:
- connect the current smartphone to a personal computer via the supplied USB cable;
- open the iTunes app;
- encrypt the information, if you used the “Activity” and “Health” programs, to do this, check the box next to “Encrypt backup”;
- click on the button “Create a copy now”.
To make sure that the copy was created correctly, after copying is complete, go to the “iTunes Settings” menu item. A window with a backup copy and creation date will appear in the “Devices” tab.
Quick Start app
In updated versions of iOS, starting at least 11, the function of securely transferring information to another “apple” device called “Quick Start” is implemented. The application is used to configure mobile devices in an automated manner. The nuance is that both the old and the purchased phone are used during the work. Smartphone manufacturers note that during the transfer of information, the use of devices in the normal mode is not encouraged, so you should leave the phones alone and then follow the recommendations. Pairing does not take much time, information transfer lasts on average 10 minutes. it depends on the volume of copied files and settings.
Synchronizing devices near each other
Place smartphones in close proximity, and then open the Quick Start app on your current phone. To transfer data to your new iPhone, follow the guidelines.
- Connect the phones with Bluetooth and pair. To transfer information, the smartphone will offer to use the current Apple ID. Verify that the correct user record is being used.
- An animation will be displayed on the purchased smartphone, position the current device over the purchased one so that the picture is in the middle of the viewfinder. Wait for the end message to appear on the purchased phone. If the camera module of the current machine does not work, select the manual authentication method.
- If necessary, confirm the action by entering the current digital display lock code.
- Set up identification by face or fingerprint on the purchased smartphone. iPhone will kindly offer instructions.
- When prompted on the display, enter the numeric code.
- The purchased smartphone will offer to restore settings, apps and files taken from an extreme iCloud backup. The user independently chooses which settings and files should be transferred.
If the current smartphone is synchronized with Apple Watch, then confirm the request to pair with the new smartphone.
Transferring a SIM card or contacting a telecom operator
Most of all, users are worried about the saved contacts and phone number, so first of all it is worth paying attention to the SIM card.
- Check if the size of the card matches the tray of the new device. if so, remove the SIM and install it in the purchased smartphone.
- If the card is not suitable for purchase, contact the office of the mobile operator for a SIM replacement.
- It is also recommended to contact sales outlets if the SIM is larger than necessary. trimming takes a minute and costs a penny.
Copy SIM information
If the SIM configuration is suitable for the updated device, simply remove and insert the card into the smartphone. The iTunes program will help you save contacts. go to the “Devices” menu and check the box next to “Synchronize contacts with:”. Select the appropriate option from the drop-down list. If the size does not fit, contact the office of the mobile operator to get another SIM.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone. Via iCloud
We will transfer all information from the iCloud cloud to a new smartphone from an iPhone backup. In time, everything will take about the same as in the method described above.
On the phone from which data will be transferred, open the settings and go to your account by clicking on your name. Next, open the “iCloud” section.
Here go to the “Backup” section and activate this function, immediately make a new copy.
The receiving iPhone should also be reset to factory settings if you’ve used it before. Do it as described in the previous chapter.
Once enabled, you will be prompted to restore from iTunes or iCloud. select iCloud. Next, enter the data from your account on which the backup was made and wait for the process to finish.
Interesting! I also recommend that you read the material. Transferring Contacts from iPhone to iPhone. There are detailed ways to do this as easily and quickly as possible.
What will be carried over to the new iPhone
Using the methods described below, the following content will be transferred to the new smartphone:
- Phone book
- Applications that were installed
- Notes, calendars, voicemail, and wherever you are
- Photos, if their synchronization is not enabled separately in the settings
- Health information
- Passwords and keychains
Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone. Quick Start
The function works on devices with iOS version 11 and higher. At the same time, two phones should be in your hands, since the transfer will be carried out directly.
On the receiving iPhone, you need to do a full reset, otherwise you simply won’t be able to transfer the data. If you have not turned on the phone yet, then you do not need to reset.
Open the settings, go to the “General” section, then open the “Reset” menu item and click on “Erase content and settings”. If asked to enter a code word. do it.
When you turn it on for the first time, you must go to the settings stage (after selecting the language and region) Here you will be able to use the “Quick Start” function.
Bring the old iPhone to the new one, as close as possible, an information message will appear on its screen. click on the “Continue / Next” button.
You will be asked to point the camera of the old smartphone at the screen of the new one to confirm the action. Next, you will need to enter the password code also from the old iPhone. The transfer will begin, after which all that remains is to do the initial setup of the new iPhone. This method is as simple and fast as possible.
Important! Do not interrupt the process, do not put the old phone away while there is a message on it stating that the transfer is still in progress. Otherwise, everything will have to start over.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone: All Methods
There are several easy ways to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. Apple has made this process as easy as possible for users.
Using them, you can quickly copy everything that is stored on your current smartphone to a new one, and even the settings will be transferred.
In the previous article, we examined in detail what to do if you forgot your Apple ID password. Now we will analyze in no less detail all the possible ways of how to transfer data from one iPhone to another, for example, from the old to the new one as simply and quickly as possible. The instruction will be with explanatory pictures to make it easier for you to understand. You can also use it for iPad tablet.
About third-party programs and Bluetooth
Do not use third-party computer software to perform the transfer. Firstly, this does not make any sense, everything can be done with the functions described above. these are official ways. Secondly, the likelihood of losing your personal data is high, since often such software is malicious and it is not clear where your Apple ID or photos can get.
Only certain content can be transferred via Bluetooth, for example, contacts or photos. You can read how it works in the article. how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone. Via iTunes
This option is suitable for those who cannot use the Quick Start feature and want to transfer data that exceeds their free iCloud space. ITunes must be installed on the computer.
Important! To avoid errors in the process. connect a wire no longer than 1 meter and preferably into the blue USB port of version 3.0.
Connect the iPhone to be copied to your computer and launch the program. Click on the icon of your phone, the “Overview” section should be open in the left column. In the right window, click on the “Create a copy now” button. Wait for the process to finish.
The new device must also be zeroed, reset the iPhone to factory settings, as we discussed in the first chapter. You can of course not do it, turn off the locator function in the settings and just click on the restore button in the program, but it’s easier to do just the reset.
When you turn on for the first time, go to the menu for choosing where you want to restore your device from. Connect iPhone to PC and launch iTunes. If prompted to make the device trusted. do it.
Choose the option with iTunes on your smartphone, it may also be called “From Mac or PC from Windows”. Next, indicate that you want to recover from the copy and the copy itself. Follow the instructions on the screen and wait for the process to finish.
Interesting! If the copy was encrypted, you will be asked for a password. do so. Plus, when restoring a copy from Tunes, even those applications that are no longer in the App Store will be restored.
Usually, the entire copying process does not take more than ten minutes, but, of course, everything will depend on the amount of content, so in some cases it may take more time.
Instructions on how to sync contacts using the iCloud service
Usually the synchronization process does not exceed 2-3 minutes. At the time of copying records, you should connect the phone to a stable Wi-Fi network.
Instructions on how to transfer contacts by importing from a vcf file
Next, the automatic export of contacts will start. The process lasts from a couple of seconds to several minutes, which is influenced by the number of records. New numbers will be automatically transferred to the directory.
How to transfer phonebook contacts
If the phone numbers are stored in the SIM card, then it is enough to move the card to the new device. Otherwise, the following methods should be considered:
- Import records from vcf file.
- Sync data with iCloud.
- Use the iTunes desktop program.
- Third party applications.
- Importing numbers from a SIM card.
The vcf option is optimal if you previously had a backup of your contacts saved in the cloud or on a PC. In this case, it is enough to send the file to a new smartphone, and then import the contacts.
The iCloud cloud service allows you to automatically transfer contacts to your phone. It is enough to activate the synchronization option on the old phone, and then do the same operation on the new phone.
ITunes comes in handy when the network on the iPhone is down or there are difficulties with the iCloud service.
Third-party applications allow you to back up and transfer important information. A convenient way when you don’t have a computer at hand.
The method of importing numbers from a SIM card is useful if you need to change your phone number.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
Section: iPhone, For beginners, Data transfer Date: 08/13/2018 Author: Alexander Moiseenko. Комментарии и мнения владельцев: 0
Switching to a new iPhone is not uncommon among iOS users. This is usually a whim, but sometimes an urgent need due to a damaged apparatus. Regardless of the reason, this article will show you how to transfer phone records from one device to another.
Instructions for transferring contacts using iTunes
Important! iTunes will replace existing recordings on the new device. Take care of moving important contacts ahead of time.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Launch iTunes. It is recommended to check for program updates before starting data synchronization.
- After detecting your phone, open the “Details” tab.
- Next, activate the option “sync contacts”, and then confirm the action.
- After copying the data, disconnect the old device, then connect the new smartphone.
- In the “Information” tab, go down to the inscription “Advanced”, where check the item “Contacts”. And then confirm the action.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone?
The way Apple CEO Tim Cook confidently belittles the previous version of the iPhone immediately after the release of the new one has already become a plot for Internet memes. This strategy has an effect: many “Yabloko” players immediately sell their “outdated” gadgets and queue up for “improved” devices.
However, when rearranging the SIM card to the new iPhone, users are faced with an unpleasant surprise: there are no contacts on the card. they are all saved in the device’s memory. Such a system is certainly inconvenient, but Apple is not going to abandon it. Therefore, lovers of Apple technology should read the instructions on how to copy contacts from iPhone to iPhone. they all apply to both the latest and old modifications.
How to move contacts through iTunes?
Transferring contacts from iPhone to iPhone is also quite easy:
After connecting the gadget to the PC and launching iTunes, click on the “Device” icon.
Go to the “Information” tab (in some versions of iTunes. “Information”).
Check the box next to “Sync contacts with:”. In the drop-down menu, leave “Outlook”.
Scroll down and make sure that the box next to “Replace the following information on this iPhone: contacts” is not checked in the “Add-ons” section. If there is such a check mark, iTunes will erase all contacts from the gadget’s memory as soon as the next synchronization occurs.
Click “Apply”. this will start the synchronization.
Next, you need to connect the second gadget to the PC and repeat steps 2, 3 and 5 already with it.
How to transfer numbers through the Mover program?
Mover is a specialized application for copying numbers and photos from one “apple” gadget to another (this is not only about iPhones). This application is available for free download in the AppStore at the link
Install Mover on both smartphones (“addressee” and “addressee”).
Connect two gadgets to the same Wi-Fi network. If only one gadget is connected to the network, Mover will refuse to work and will greet the user with such an unfriendly message:
On the “addressee” gadget, open Mover and use the “” button to select the contacts you want to transfer.
Open Mover on the second smartphone. you will see that an arrow appears on the screen of the first one.
Move your finger to the desired contacts in the direction of the arrow and wait until they are transferred to the new device.
Ease of use is the key to the fact that the number of Mover users is growing at an impressive rate. However, this program also has competitors. The most famous is an application with a very discreet and rather long name “Synchronization and transfer of contacts between different accounts”, which is also distributed in the AppStore in the Freemium version. The functionality of this program is wider than that of Mover, however, there is an unpleasant limitation: it will not be possible to import more than 100 contacts for free.
How to transfer contacts via iCloud?
The essence of this method is that the user saves his contacts in the iCloud cloud storage, from where he then imports them to his new device. There is also a limitation: this method is relevant only for those users who have a valid account with Apple ID. Therefore, before thinking about transferring contacts, you should register here. It is better to write down the password for the account. it will have to be entered on a new device, since contacts will be available only under the same account.
After registering your Apple ID, proceed as follows:
Go to the “Settings” section and find the subsection “iCloud”.
In the subsection “iCloud” activate the toggle switch opposite “Contacts”. In the same way, you can select other data that you would like to save in the “cloud”. for example, notes, tabs in Safari.
Please note: a stable Wi-Fi or 3G network connection is required to sync with cloud storage. At the end of this stage, the old gadget can be put aside.
Activate the “Contacts” slider. from this moment contacts will be transferred to the new device. If there were already entries in the phone book of the new iPhone, iCloud will merge them with the transferred.
Rewriting numbers and contact information on a piece of paper. greetings from the last century. There are a lot of options to transfer contacts from one iPhone to another, and the article contains only a part of them. If the iPhone user is a beginner, the option with third-party applications, like Mover, is more suitable for him. you do not need to learn these programs, since they are intuitive. sophisticated users are better off using the free iCloud cloud storage. having uploaded contacts there once, you no longer have to worry about their safety.