How to Transfer Contacts from Samsung to Samsung
Fastest way to transfer contacts: MobileTrans
If you are looking for one of the fastest solutions to transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung, try MobileTrans. Developed by Wondershare, it provides a solution to transfer data directly from one device to another. This means you can transfer data from Android to Android, iPhone to Android, Android to iPhone, and so on. Besides contacts, it can also move your photos, videos, audio, messages, call logs, notes and more.
Three ways to transfer contacts between Samsung phones. Summary
A contact is the most important information that we would like to transfer when switching a phone. Transferring contacts is a simple task, but it can still puzzle some Samsung users these days. Therefore, we will update this theme in 2019 to show you the 4 best ways to transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung to.
How to transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung
Transfer Contacts to Samsung via Smart Switch Mobile
Considering how to copy contacts from Samsung to Samsung, the Smart Switch Mobile program should be highlighted. It allows you to back up user data, update Samsung Galaxy firmware, and transfer information from one mobile device to another.
Before transferring contacts from Android to Android, you will need to install Smart Switch Mobile on the receiving and transmitting device, as well as activate the wireless modules (the transmission will be carried out over a Wi-Fi network). After that it is necessary:
- Launch the application on both devices and agree to the license terms.
- On the old and new gadgets, click “From Android to Galaxy”.
- Mark the data to be moved on the transmitter and confirm the download on the receiver.
After copying is complete, all numbers from the phonebook will be displayed on the new smartphone.
transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung via bluetooth or wifi
This is one of the universal ways to transfer all types of data from one Smart device to another. Almost all devices support Bluetooth data transfer, and the latter even have a direct Wi-Fi option, so you can transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung using either method. Just make sure both devices are close to each other beforehand.
Since contacts do not take up much space, transferring contacts wirelessly via Bluetooth or Direct Wi-Fi does not take long. To learn how to transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, please do this basic exercise.
First, go to the settings of both devices and turn on Bluetooth (or Wi-Fi Wi-Fi Direct). Now you need to pair both devices in order to establish a secure wireless connection between them.
After connecting both devices, simply open the Contacts app on your original phone. From here you can select all or individual contacts you want to transfer.
Later go to the sharing options and choose to send contacts directly via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Select the connected device here and accept the incoming data to the target Samsung phone.
Ways to transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung
In addition to manually copying each number, you can transfer contacts between Android devices in the following ways:
- using the built-in Android procedure “Import / Export”;
- through the Samsung Smart Switch Mobile program;
- via google virtual drive.
How to Transfer Contacts from Samsung to Samsung
After buying a new Samsung instead of an old smartphone, you will need to restore all data from the phone book. This can be done manually by entering each contact separately. However, if you are a sociable person and have many numbers stored on your device, this procedure can take a lot of time. That is why Android has special tools that allow you to transfer contacts from phone to phone in minutes.
MobileTrans. Phone Transfer
Transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung in 1 click!
- Ease of use with an intuitive interface that requires no technical background.
- Supports direct phone-to-phone data transfer for photos, videos, music, contacts, call logs, bookmarks, messages, notes and more.
- Select the type of data they want to move before starting the process.
- Compatible with 6000 different phone models and even supports cross-platform data transfer, for example, from iOS to Android (and vice versa).
- The data quality will remain 100% unchanged and will not be stored anywhere in between.
4,085,556 people have downloaded it
To learn how to transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung in seconds, follow these steps:
Download MobileTrans to your Mac or Windows PC from the official website whenever you want to transfer your data. Launch it and from home click on the “Phone Transfer” option.
Now connect both Samsung devices to the system and wait for a while for the app to detect them. They will be flagged by the interface as source and destination devices. If their placement is wrong, use the Flip button to fix it.
Done! Now you can simply select the type of data (for example, contacts) that you want to move and click the “Start” button.
In no time, the selected content will be moved from your source to the target Samsung phone. When the process is complete, safely remove both devices and access your data on the target phone.
How to Transfer Data from Samsung to Samsung
Data Transfer Methods on Samsung Smartphones
There are several ways to transfer information from one Samsung device to another. using the proprietary Smart Switch utility, synchronizing with a Samsung or Google account, using third-party programs. Let’s consider each of them.
dr. fone. Switch
A small utility from Chinese developers Wondershare that allows you to transfer data from one Android smartphone to another in just a couple of clicks. Of course, the program is compatible with Samsung devices.
Enable USB debugging on both devices. Read more: How to enable USB debugging mode on Android
Then connect your Samsung devices to your PC, but before that, make sure that the correct drivers are installed on it.
Run other background. Switch.
Click on the “Switch” block.
When the devices are recognized, you will see an image like the screenshot below.
On the left is the source device, in the center is the selection of data categories that need to be transferred, on the right is the destination device. Select the files you want to transfer from one smartphone to another and click “Start transfer”.
The transfer process will start. When it is over, click “OK” and exit the program.
As with Smart Switch, there are restrictions on the type of files that can be transferred. In addition, dr. fone. Switch in English, and its trial version allows you to transfer only 10 positions of each data category.
Synchronization with Samsung and Google accounts
The simplest possible way to transfer data from one Samsung device to another is by using Android’s built-in data sync tool with your Google and Samsung service accounts. This is done like this:
On your old device, go to “Settings”. “General” and select “Backup and reset”.
Within this menu item, check the option “Archive data”.
Go back to the previous window and tap on “Accounts”.
Select “Samsung account”.
Tap on “Synchronize everything”.
Wait for the information to be copied to Samsung cloud storage.
On your new smartphone, log into the same account where you backed up your data. By default, the automatic sync function is active on Android, so after a while the data will appear on your device.
For a Google account, the actions are almost identical, only in step 4 you need to select “Google”.
This method, despite its simplicity, is also limited. you cannot transfer music and applications installed not through the Play Market or Galaxy Apps in this way
Samsung has developed a proprietary application for transferring data from one device (not only Galaxy) to other smartphones of its own production. The app is called Smart Switch and exists in the format of a mobile utility or programs for Windows and Mac OS desktops.
Smart Switch allows you to transfer data via USB cable or Wi-Fi. In addition, you can use the desktop version of the application and transfer information between smartphones using a computer. The algorithm for all methods is similar, so let’s consider the transfer using the example of a wireless connection via an application for phones.
Install Smart Switch on both devices.
Run the app on your old device. Select the transmission method “Wi-Fi” (“Wireless”).
Go to the new device. Open Smart Switch and select “Receive”.
In the window for selecting the OS of the old device, check the item “Android”.
On the old device, click on “Connect”.
You will be prompted to select the categories of data that will be transferred to the new machine. Together with them, the application will display the time required for the transfer.
Check the required information and click “Send”.
Confirm receipt of files on the new device.
After the marked time has passed, Smart Switch Mobile will notify you of a successful transfer.
This method is extremely simple, however, using Smart Switch you cannot transfer data and settings of third-party applications, as well as cache and save games.
How to Transfer Data from Samsung to Samsung
When buying a new smartphone, users often wonder how to transfer data from their old phone to it. Today we will tell you how to do this procedure on Samsung devices.
If you only need to transfer your photos, then the Google Photos service will perfectly cope with this task. It’s quite easy to use.
Install the app on both Samsung devices. Enter it first on the old.
Swipe right to access the main menu.
In the settings, tap on the item “Startup and synchronization”.
After entering this menu item, activate synchronization by tapping on the switch.
If you use multiple Google accounts, select the one you want.
On the new device, sign in to the account you turned on sync and repeat steps 1-4. After some time, photos from the previous Samsung smartphone will become available on the currently used.
Method to transfer contacts to phone using Bluetooth
You can transfer phonebook data from one Samsung to another Samsung smartphone using Bluetooth technology.
- Activate Bluetooth on both phones by clicking on the corresponding icon;
- Take the Samsung phone with the contacts you want to transfer, then go to Phone. Contacts. Menu. Import / Export. Send namecard via (Send a business card through);
- Next, a list of subscribers will be displayed. Tap on “Select All Contacts”;
- Then select “Bluetooth”, find a new Samsung phone in the list of available devices and select it;
- A small data file called vCard or vcf will be transferred from the old phone to the new one;
- All you need to do now is accept data transfer on your new Samsung phone.
Dr.fone-Switch is a handy program for transferring information from the Samsung phone book
Dr.fone. Switch makes transferring contacts from an old Samsung smartphone to a new Samsung quite simple and straightforward. All you need to do is connect both gadgets to your PC, launch “dr.fone” and transfer the necessary contacts to your new phone. The functionality of the program also allows you to completely erase old data from the recipient’s smartphone before transferring contacts to it.
- Install the program on your PC and run it;
- In the opened menu of the program, click on “Switch”;
Click on “Switch” in the program menu
Samsung Smart Switch Mobile. transports any data to Samsung
Another way to transfer contacts between Samsung smartphones is to use the “Samsung Smart Switch Mobile” program. Its use will allow you to transfer contacts without using unnecessary cables.
- Install the program on both Samsung phones;
- Place the phones at a distance of no more than 10 cm next to each other;
- Run the program on both devices, and specify “Android Device” on each;
- Select “Sending Device” on the old device and “Receiving Device” on the new one;
- Initiate the connection by clicking on “Connect” on one of the phones;
- When both devices are connected to each other, a list of data types to copy will be shown. Select “Contacts”;
- Then just below tap on “Transfer” just above to start the transfer procedure;
- To complete the copying process, click on “Ok” just below.
How to Transfer Contacts from Samsung to Samsung
Having purchased a new phone, we may be puzzled by the issue of transferring the contacts of the old phone to the new device. It’s one thing when there are a dozen or two such contacts, and we can quickly drive them into the phone book of a new device. But what if there are more than a hundred of them? There is an exit. Below we will analyze how you can copy contacts from one Samsung phone to another. And also what we need for this.
Transferring contacts to Samsung via Google account
A fairly simple way to transfer contacts from one phone to another is to use the functionality of your Google account. And although the implementation of the steps described below is slightly different on different Samsung phones, the mechanism as a whole is quite efficient and is available on different models.
- If you don’t have a Google account on your old phone, then register it. If there is (as is usually the case), then move on;
- Copy your phone contacts to your Google account. To do this, open the “Contacts” application, tap on the settings icon with three horizontal lines. Next, click on “Manage contacts”. “Move contacts from phone”. “Google”. It remains to click on “Move”;
- Now you need to configure the saving of new subscribers in your Google account. Open the Contacts application again;
- Then tap on the “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines;
- Then select “Manage contacts”. “Default storage location”;
- Select your Google account;
Select your google account
Check the storage of your data in Google at contacts.google.com;
Check for migrated contacts in your Google account
Apowersoft Phone Transfer software for copying data from Samsung
The easiest and fastest way to transfer contacts between Samsung phones is to use Apowersoft Phone Transfer.
|Transfer of different data.||In addition to transferring contacts, this application can be used to transfer various files such as audio, video, images, music, applications, call logs, SMS, and the like.|
|Support for different devices.||The tool supports most of the famous smartphones brands “Samsung”, “Apple”, “HTC” and so on.|
|Creating a backup.||Program to back up and restore smartphone data.|
To transfer data using this program, follow these steps:
- Download and install Apowersoft Phone Transfer on your PC;
- Open the program, and on the basic screen that opens, select “Phone to Phone Transfer”, then click on “Start”;
- Then connect both of your Samsung phones to PC with USB cable;
- The program will detect both of your phones. The old phone should be identified as “Source” on the left and the new phone as “Destination” on the right;
- Check the box next to the “Contacts” option in the middle of the screen and click on the “Start Copy” button;
- Wait for the process to finish.
In our article, we examined in detail the ways to transfer contacts from a Samsung phone to another Samsung. They also provided methods and programs that allow you to do this as conveniently and simply as possible. Each of the tools we have listed shows high efficiency. Therefore, it can be used as a practical tool for implementing the tasks of transferring the data we need.