Why iPhone speaker doesn’t work
The sound of the iPhone has never caused any complaints in its entire history. A rare case when an iPhone is brought to our service center with this problem, without a previous history, fell, got wet and other troubles.
The most common reason for treatment is sound reduction. In addition, speaker diagnostics is required for the following symptoms:
- extraneous noise, crackling;
- periodic unreasonable loss of sound;
- lack of response to volume control, pressing the button does not lead to the expected result.
All these reasons will contact the service center for diagnostics. If the sound reduction was preceded by some kind of accident, solve the problem unambiguously only through a specialized workshop.
How to test the speaker on an iPhone
How to test the speaker on an iPhone
Before you “bury” the iPhone or its individual parts, you should try all software solutions to the problem.
Method # 1. If your iPhone is intermittently losing sound, there may be a software problem. To fix, you need to update iOS to the latest version.
Method number 2. If the speaker in the iPhone becomes quieter, check the settings. The smartphone may have turned on “Power Saving Mode”. When this function is activated, the volume becomes quieter, the brightness. lower. To do this, go to “Settings”, “Battery”, “Energy saving mode”.
Method number 3. To check the next option, why the iPhone speaker does not work well, go to “Settings”, “Sound”, “Sounds and tactile signals”. Here, on the “Sounds and Warnings” strip, you need to move the slider to one side and the other. If the volume does not change or the slider indicator is not active. Looks like iPhone speaker repair threatens.
Method # 4. Sometimes the iPhone volume becomes quieter due to the “Noise Canceling” mode enabled. I activate it when using the Airpods headset. The function will redistribute the intensity of the sound coming from the microphone. To check this, go to “Settings”, “Bluetooth”, select Airpods, in the item “Noise Control”, turn off the mode.
Method # 5. Sometimes the sound reduction occurs due to the “Music Playback Settings”. Check: go to “Settings”, “Music”, look at the item “volume limitation”, should be in the “Off” position
Method # 6. After the changes made, restart the device. If after that the situation has not changed, it’s time to go to the service center for hardware testing.
What to do if iPhone speaker is not working well
If none of the above methods helped to revive the sound, come to AppleLab. We will conduct a thorough diagnostics, absolutely free of charge, if necessary, we can repair the speaker or make a thorough cleaning. We restore sound after any breakdowns and moisture ingress. We have extensive experience in repairing Apple devices. We carry out all types of repairs. We provide a guarantee for the work performed up to 12 months. We have no problems with the availability of spare parts, all the most demanded parts are always in stock. We keep our finger on the pulse and are always aware of new equipment and methods of its repair. Repairs at AppleLab. reliability and uncompromising quality.
We fix the malfunction on our own
If you stop hearing the other person or he speaks very softly, start by checking the equalizer settings. First, adjust the volume during a call, making sure the indicator is displayed on the screen. Then make sure that no other devices are connected to the phone jacks. Insert and remove the headphone plug several times. Disable Bluetooth function.
To rule out the possibility of a software problem, you should uninstall new, recently installed software and reset all settings. Algorithm for hard rebooting the device:
- press the “Home” and “Power” buttons at the same time
- hold for 10-15 seconds
- wait for the gadget to restart
If iPhone speaker still does not work (spoken or downstream), restore your system backed up using iTunes. Remember to update iOS to the latest version regularly.
Simple cleaning of hearing and polyphonic speakers from dust often helps. Before performing the procedure, remove the cover and film from the back and front panels, then use a soft bristle brush slightly moistened with alcohol or refined gasoline.
If you suspect a factory defect, immediately take your iPhone to an authorized service center or Apple dealer. they should change the internal parts of your model free of charge. Remember. when installing unlicensed software and careless handling, the warranty conditions are violated. Therefore, if you dropped or flooded your smartphone and damaged the speaker (hearing, voice), do not waste time traveling. It is much easier to call an experienced craftsman at home.
Speaker stopped working on iPhone
And get the best deals from trusted masters.
- Compare and choose the best conditions
- Feedback from interested professionals only
- Don’t waste time communicating with intermediaries
If your iPhone speaker does not work. it is completely broken or wheezes and rattles during a call. you don’t have to go to the service center right away. First you need to try to find the cause of the problem yourself and fix the malfunction at home.
Is Your iPhone Speaker Not Working?
What could be the reason for the breakdown
Sound problems with spoken (high) and low (polyphonic) speakers are fairly common. The main causes of malfunctions:
- ingress of moisture due to the fall of the smartphone in the snow or flooding with liquid (tea, coffee, juice, water)
- mechanical impact (shock, falling on a hard surface), causing damage to internal parts (loop, “ear sensor”, microphone, front camera, etc.)
- dust and debris on the speaker or headphone jack
- software malfunctions (especially if you install “left” programs on your phone)
- volume is poorly adjusted
- manufacturing defects
Problems can manifest themselves in different ways: it is hard to hear when the interlocutor speaks, the iPhone speaker rattles and wheezes, or stops working altogether.
Where to go for help
If you’re having problems with your microphone (bottom left) or speaker (top, spoken), save time and effort by finding a wizard on youdo.com. Yuda performers will find and fix the breakdown as soon as possible if you are faced with the following situations:
- the speaker does not work well. it became worse to hear the interlocutor during a call after moisture or mechanical damage
- rattling sound (when communicating through the voice speaker, when turning on the speakerphone)
- the sound does not wheeze or tremble. it does not exist at all
Each YouDo performer has been working for many years, has extensive experience in diagnosing and repairing iPhones. Other benefits of performers:
- leave within an hour to any area
- provide services without days off and holidays
- use only new and original spare parts (loops, ear sensors, upper and lower speakers, etc.)
- repair any model, from 3 to 7
Private traders and companies registered on YouDo guarantee the quality of cleaning, soldering and installation of new components. If the speaker on the iPhone does not work (for example, it broke due to mechanical impact), order the service through Yuda. the master will change the spare part within one hour.
The proven way to clean your iPhone speaker
Protective films and glasses, soft rubberized cases and hard shock-resistant bumpers. right after purchase, Apple smartphones are routinely packed into a collection of accessories that can save both from scratches on the screen and back cover, and from dents and chips that appeared after “accidental” falls.
But, as practice shows, even the listed “starting” set of protective measures does not always lead to success. sometimes the front camera “gathers dust”, sometimes the lightning connector is clogged with unknown debris, and in some cases even the sound during voice communication becomes “deaf” and hardly distinguishable.
And the reason for this is a loose film or special “free slots” for some important interfaces (for example, for a speaker). And, if the camera problem is calmly solved by a new film, and Lightning is treated with a toothpick, then in the case of the speaker, the situation is a little more complicated. you will have to clean the speaker on the iPhone.
To the service or at home?
Speaker cleaning is the same process for almost all iPhone versions. The actions are the same for both “4” and “10”, the main thing to remember are a few things: if your hands start shaking at the very thought of having to dig into your favorite smartphone, and panic is already arising in your head, then you definitely should not take action. it will only get worse.
And one more thing. before using the algorithm described below, it is worth choosing the right tool. Toothpicks or toothbrushes will not work. you need a soft brush that is not capable of damaging the membrane or disrupting the “mesh” of the speaker. However, first things first:
- First of all, you will have to prepare the workplace: turn off your smartphone, take a small plastic container (a bottle cap and a food container lid are also suitable) and drip gasoline or an alcohol-containing liquid (it is undesirable to use high-grade alcohol, in addition, in no case should you apply for help to the water!). If there were no solvents or other liquids at hand that could disinfect the surface, then you can use gasoline from a lighter. The option is proven and working, the main thing is not to overdo it with quantity and observe safety precautions;
- After preparation, pick up the iPhone, and dip a soft brush specially prepared for cleaning the speaker in gasoline or alcohol-containing liquid solely for the sake of surface moistening (the brush should not “drip”, otherwise there is a real chance to completely “accidentally” fill the connector and aggravate the situation). Before using the brush, it is worth checking three times to see if there really will be no extra drops?
- With a prepared brush, apply the dynamics 2-3 times. The procedure should be repeated until at least visually there is less dust on the speakers, and the mesh takes on a distinct “gray” or “silver” design. If desired, hold over the rest of the connectors, which have become dusty during operation. Remains of gasoline or alcohol should be removed with a napkin;
- If after 2-3 attempts even visually the speaker has not become cleaner, then you may have to cut off the upper part of the brush fibers to increase the stiffness of the bristles;
- As a result of the work done, the speaker should return to its former state. If nothing has changed, and the interlocutors are still not heard, or the words cannot be heard even at maximum volume during voice communication, then two options remain. to start disassembling the device or contact the service center. In the first case, there is serious work ahead, which is definitely not worth touching without knowing the case (if the opening is incorrect, the risk of damaging the loop that is responsible for the operation of the touch screen or the actions of the buttons approaches 100%) and a suitable tool (a screwdriver must be included in the kit) sprocket capable of handling tiny parts).
In some cases, it is worth visiting several services at once to conduct an appropriate independent diagnosis. are the repairmen trying to raise the price or oblige to pay for additional services? Sometimes it is better to be patient, but bring what you started to mind.
Where to store passwords on iPhone
The main place for storing passwords on Apple mobile devices is an account, or rather, a branded cloud storage that is provided with it. In addition, if you actively use Google services, in particular a browser, passwords for accessing sites will be stored in the account associated with it. Let’s consider how to get access to such important information in each of the cases.
iPhone is quite difficult to use without an Apple ID account, and if you want to store not only photos and videos in iCloud, but also application data, accounts and some other information, this cloud is absolutely impossible to do without. It also stores passwords, but only if you previously allowed it yourself. In order to view the information of interest to us within the framework of today’s article, do the following:
Open iPhone Settings and scroll down.
Then select the first item from the available ones. “Passwords for sites and software”. The transition to it will need to be confirmed using Face ID or Touch ID, depending on the iPhone model and the security parameters set.
Already on the next page you will see a list of accounts, services and applications, data from which are stored in iCloud. these are logins and passwords.
Immediately after that, you will see both the username (line “User”) and “Password” from the account. It is noteworthy that the latter is simply not displayed on the screenshot, although it is inscribed in this field.
Likewise, you can view all other passwords stored in your Apple ID account, or rather, in the branded iCloud storage. We remind you that the recommendations described above will only be useful if you yourself have previously given permission to save this information.
Note: The logins and passwords used to log into sites in Safari are not stored in Safari, but in the iPhone settings section discussed above. This browser does not have its own menu.
Google account passwords
If you use Google Chrome instead of the standard Safari browser to surf the Internet, passwords from visited sites that require authorization will be stored in it. True, this is possible only on condition that you not only logged into your Google account, but also gave permission to store logins and passwords in it. Otherwise, you will either see only the data that was previously saved to the account from the computer, or, if this was not done, you will not see anything.
Go to the “Passwords” section. Under the block “Saved passwords” (does not appear instantly, but after a second or two), you will see a list of all those sites, logins and passwords for access to which are stored in your Google account. The web resource address and your login are visible immediately, and in order to see the password, tap on the corresponding line.
In the “Password” section, click on the “Show” item and confirm your intentions via Face ID or Touch ID.
Immediately after that, you will see the required information.
The same steps will need to be performed to view any password saved in the Google Chrome browser, or rather, in the Google account. Note that the above-described algorithm of actions can be applied to any other third-party browser that supports the synchronization function and provides the ability to use your own account.
Now you know where passwords are stored on iPhone and how you can view them. There are only two options. the section “Passwords for sites and software” in the settings of the mobile device and “Passwords” of the Google Chrome browser or any other that you use as an alternative to Safari.
Weak speaker sound or why the iPhone became quiet?
Good! Just the other day, some incomprehensible nonsense began to happen to my iPhone. It consisted in the fact that the sound from the speakers. normal and spoken, suddenly became quiet. And if you can somehow live with the main unimportant speaker (nobody canceled vibro), then the fact that the interlocutor is very hard to hear during a call is quite a problem. And I really was about to go to the service, but before that I decided to tinker myself As a result, the author tried a lot of methods and one of them helped. Victory!:)
To celebrate, it was decided to help everyone who encountered a quiet sound from the speakers on the iPhone and collect all the tips for eliminating this problem in this article.
As the saying goes. we will always have time for the service, first we will try to fix it ourselves. Go!
At first I wanted to share the tips for each of the speakers specifically, and then I realized that they are almost identical. Therefore, do not blame me. all possible solutions will be presented in the form of a general list.
- Let’s start with the simplest, but you never know check if the volume is at the maximum? The buttons on the side of the device will help you change the volume.
- Reboot your phone.
- There is another very strange, but at the same time, frequent situation. Immediately after buying an iPhone, people sometimes complain about faint audio when talking. The whole problem is in the shipping film, which is glued to the phone right at the factory. Since the iPhone is an expensive device, some do not even remove the film. thus trying to preserve its appearance for a longer time. Naturally, this blocks the speaker and does not fully reach your ear.
- We continue about accessories and the next in line are covers. If worn, it is recommended to remove and check without them. Some part of the cover or bumper can easily block the lower speaker and thereby muffle the sound.
- It is possible that the mesh that covers the speaker membrane is clogged. In this case, you can try to clean it (alcohol, a toothbrush, cotton wool and some non-sharp object will help you) or blow it out, just do not forget about accuracy and caution during this whole process. True, there may be another problem lurking here, you can clean the outside, but the dirt accumulates from the inside. You may have to disassemble the phone.
- Try plugging in and pulling out the headphones. Judging by the messages on the forums, some users are helped by just such a simple action.
- If moisture gets in and corrosion forms, the sound may also be muffled or even absent altogether. How to be? We read about water and the iPhone here, about complete silence. here.
It must be remembered that there is only one bottom speaker. it is on the right.
- At the very least, a very strange phenomenon.
- As a maximum, you are the owner of an absolutely unique device.
However, let’s go back to what helped the author of this blog. And in the end, my situation was solved very simply.
Some kind of software glitch was to blame for everything, which I personally associate with the use of beta firmware.
It was enough to do the restoration and that’s it. the sound became loud again. Yes, it took a little time, but better than walking around with a quiet iPhone 🙂
I hope that one of the listed methods will still help you and you won’t have to go to the service center.
However, it may happen that this cannot be avoided.
Fortunately, there is good news (of course, if in this case they can be good at all). such repairs will be relatively inexpensive. And they will do it quickly. Replacing speakers is a simple operation.
2.2 the speaker itself died
The speaker itself died. To be honest, I have not yet seen such a speaker stop working just like that. Although it is possible, of course, that this is a manufacturing defect. Or would-be masters installed a Chinese speaker in your smartphone and it ended (
Much more often the speaker starts to wheeze. This can be due to the ingress of dirt, metal particles, moisture, due to damage caused by prolonged use.
In these cases, nothing but replacing the speaker will help.
what can be done with the connector?
As a temporary solution to the problem, you can try to insert and remove the headphones by pressing the connector sideways in different directions. But it doesn’t always help.
A match with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol can also help. It often happens that the contacts do not fall off, but simply become dirty. However, with such manipulations, you need to be careful, because the fleece can start to cling and wind on the connector pins and you can pull out or bend the rest of the contacts.
If you managed to restore the connector, that’s good, sometimes after something like this it can work properly for a long time. If this problem repeats regularly, then you cannot do without replacement.
2.1. no contact?
Lost contact at the speaker connection. This is possible due to a strong impact, for example, when falling onto a tiled floor or due to moisture. In this case, you need to disassemble the smartphone and make sure that the contact is reliable.
How to test the ear speaker on an iphone in ios 12 without voice memos, facetime, or voicemail
Reasons why the speaker of the phone may not work
There are also other possible problems leading to the inoperability of the speaker on your phone. For example, if your phone happened to take water procedures for which it was not designed, then there can be sooo many problems
So let’s look at the possible problems outlined above in order. As mentioned above, the recommendations are suitable both for an Android smartphone and for everyone’s favorite iPhone, as well as for ordinary phones. In this regard, the difference in their device is not very diverse.
how to check the connector?
Many phones show a headphone icon. If it is always there, even when there are no headphones, then this is our case.
In addition, if the ‘silent’ mode is not enabled, then even with the headphones inserted, most gadgets will play a ringtone through the speaker.
Likewise, when you turn on the speakerphone during a call, with the headphones inserted, the speaker should work. If so, then the problem is clearly in the connector.
If the speaker still does not sing, then the problem is already associated with it, then See paragraph 2
What to do if speaker does not work on iPhone or smartphone
Probably many have faced such a problem. the speaker of the phone does not work. The article will discuss the main causes of this problem and possible solutions to it. The article does not contain clear instructions on how to disassemble the iPhone and plug the speaker into it, and often this is not necessary, for this, an explanation of the possible reasons is given, suitable for phones and smartphones and for tablets.
Have you ever wondered how the phone detects that headphones are inserted into it?
Everything is very simple: inside the connector there are two pins specially reserved for such needs. When these contacts are closed, the phone detects that the headphones are inserted. At the same time, he, of course, directs the sound to the headphones and turns OFF the SPEAKER.
In order to support what I said, I deliberately disassembled my phone, and I myself was surprised to find that there are even 7 contacts on its connector, despite the fact that the headphones need only 4.
So, do not be confused by this, but very often the speaker does not work, because the phone thinks that headphones are inserted into it and the speaker is actually just turned off.
This happens because those two pins responsible for identifying the headphones in the connector are hooked on each other. Quite often the opposite happens. one or both contacts break off. In this case, the phone will not see the headphones at all.
This usually happens due to the very active use of headphones. But much more the killing of the connector is facilitated by the trinkets inserted into the headphone jack. 😕
Perhaps, under the influence of dark forces, your player (application) stopped outputting sound to the speaker. If at the same time you are sure that the speaker itself is working and the reason is not in the headphone jack, then the problem lies in the software part.
The first step is to check if there will be sound if you play music through another player, maybe something happened with the settings of your player or there is some kind of bug in it after the update.
If changing the player did not help, then the problem lies deeper.
In general, the entire software part connecting your player and speaker is built into the firmware, so you will hardly be able to install separate drivers for the sound. Although who knows) Therefore, if you are unequivocally sure that the problem is in the firmware, you should reflash your gadget.