How To Sync Ipad With Iphone
How to sync iPhone with computer?
The iPhone user has access to music, games, all kinds of applications and even fine-tuning the device. Of course, under the vigilant supervision of the manufacturer and within the framework of the latter. Even to create or recover an Apple ID password, you have to share personal data with the system. Synchronizing your iPhone with your computer isn’t easier; how to do it with minimal loss of time and effort. Let’s try to figure it out.
How to sync iPhone to computer via Wi-Fi?
To sync your iPhone and computer, you don’t have to connect the devices to each other with a USB cable every time. Like sharing data via iCloud wirelessly, you can set up the same way to transfer files in iTunes in a few steps.
- Using the cord, connect the phone as described earlier, then go to the “Settings” of the program and in the “Options” section, check the “Synchronize with this iPhone via Wi-Fi” checkbox.
- In the “Settings” of the phone, move the “Synchronization over Wi-Fi” slider to the “yes” position.
Now data can be exchanged over the entire coverage area of the home network; you should only remember that such synchronization leads to a much faster discharge of the iPhone or iPad.
The main advantage of iTunes over iCloud is the absence of difficulties with free space: if the “cloud” service does not allow the user to take more than the limit set by the manufacturer, then the program allows you to store on your computer (and synchronize with iPhone) any amount of information. From a couple of megabytes to hundreds of gigabytes.
The official program from Apple also has a major drawback: synchronization in it is carried out only unilaterally. Data is transferred from a PC or laptop to an iPhone or iPad. To copy files to your hard drive, you have to resort to various tricks. Or use a third-party application.
In addition, the user should keep in mind that the iPhone will sync with the device every time they connect to iTunes. In fact, this means that the data deleted on the computer after the last copying will be automatically destroyed on the phone. In order to keep the “personal library” in order, the owner of the iPhone or iPad will have to constantly store the necessary data on the PC or refuse to sync altogether.
How to sync iPhone with PC via iTunes:
- Connect your phone or tablet with a USB cable to your computer. Until the end of the work, it is not recommended to pull out the cable or otherwise interfere with the operation of the application. Launch iTunes. The PC application can be downloaded from any trusted source; installation, depending on the parameters of a computer or laptop, takes from several minutes to half an hour.
- In order not to interrupt synchronization in the middle of the process, it is strongly recommended to check the relevance of the program. Otherwise, the warning about the need for an update may “come out” at the most inopportune moment. This can be done by clicking the drop-down menu “Help” and then selecting the item “Updates”.
- It usually takes a few seconds to find updates; if difficulties arise, you should check your internet connection.
- If the latest version of iTunes is installed, the user will see a corresponding notification. Now you can close the check window and go to the synchronization of iPhone and computer.
- To connect your phone, you need to use the “Enter the iTunes Store” button.
- In a new window, the system will offer the owner of the device to log in by entering his account data, or create a new account.
- If registration with Apple has already been made, the user just needs to enter his email address and password in the appropriate fields, and then click on the “Login” button. If the password is forgotten or lost, you should use the recovery form by clicking on the corresponding link under the main fields.
- If an account does not exist yet, you can create one without leaving the application. To do this, click on the “Create a new Apple ID” button, and then fill out an electronic registration form consisting of several pages, indicating, in particular, your payment details.
- When you are finally logged into iTunes, the name of the iPhone or iPad will appear in the side menu of the application, and the phone icon will appear at the top, right below the main menu.
- To synchronize your iPhone with your computer, you should click on this schematic image. It’s easier than using the standard “Settings”.
- On the main page of synchronization, the user will see detailed information about his device. Here, in particular, you can check which cell phone is attached to the iPhone, find out the serial number of the device or, using the button of the same name, restore the iPhone or iPad to factory settings.
- Scrolling down the page below, the owner of the phone will see in the “Settings” section the checkboxes needed for synchronization. Synchronization on every connection (first checkbox) is not recommended for the above reason; but limiting the list of data transferred from a PC to an iPhone or iPad (third) does not hurt. After checking the boxes, you can safely click on the “Apply” button at the bottom of the page.
- Now all that remains is to select the files to transfer, click on the “Synchronize” button and wait for the process to complete. Its duration depends primarily on the amount of information. As already mentioned, you should not disconnect your phone from your computer or laptop until the copying is complete.
- If you are not going to use the computer connected to the iPhone or iPad in the future, you should log out of your account by calling the drop-down menu “Account”, hovering over the item “Authorization” and selecting the sub-item “Deauthorize this computer”.
- By clicking on the “Deauthorize” button in the new menu, the user will secure personal data. But in order to synchronize the iPhone and PC again, he will have to repeat the login procedure.
How to sync iPhone to computer?
You can synchronize your iPhone with your computer using two software systems recommended by the developer. “stationary” iTunes and “cloud” iCloud, as well as many third-party applications. The order of the operations described below for the iPhone and iPad is fundamentally the same: both types of devices work under the iOS operating system and are equally controlled by Apple.
The owner of an iPhone or iPad will need:
- The device is switched on, working properly and with sufficient charge;
- A computer or laptop connected to the Internet;
- Usb cable for connecting the device to a PC.
If the phone or tablet is not ready for work, before connecting, you should find out what the reason is: you may need to clear the memory on the iPhone, remove unnecessary applications or take the device to a service center. Synchronization of faulty equipment is impossible.
Icloud, unlike iTunes, is a completely cloud storage that allows the iPhone owner to synchronize as many devices as he wants without worrying about the safety of files: all data is downloaded to a virtual disk, encrypted and, if necessary, can be restored on the end device.
The most significant drawback of iCloud is the limitation of the amount of memory available to the user. So, by default (free), it can only have five gigabytes; to “improve” the indicator to 50 gigabytes, you will have to pay 0.99 per month; up to 200 gigabytes. 2.99 per month and up to 1 terabyte. 9.99 per month.
Before synchronizing the phone with a PC, you should make sure that the device is working properly and is ready for work: for example, if the computer does not see the iPhone, you must immediately find out the reason and eliminate it.
To sync data, the device owner must:
- Go to “Settings” iPhone or iPad, find the iCloud section and select it by clicking.
- Log in to the system by entering your Apple ID information in the appropriate fields: email address and previously invented password.
- If you haven’t created an account yet, you should use the corresponding link at the bottom of the page. Having come up with a password and providing personal data, the user will have access to synchronization.
- Now all that remains is to select, by moving the sliders, which data (contacts, mail, photos, and so on) will be transferred to the “cloud”. If the need for synchronization disappears or the data exchange needs to be temporarily suspended, it will be enough to return the sliders to their original positions.
- Now you need to set up iCloud on your personal computer. The easiest way is to go to icloud.com, log in with your Apple ID account information, and go to file management.
- If you plan to sync data between your iPhone or iPad and your computer on a regular basis, the user will benefit from downloading the iCloud app. To do this, you need to use the link given at the top of the same page, then in a new window click on the link “Download iCloud for Windows”.
- Now you need to click on the “Download” button and wait until the file is downloaded to your hard drive.
- The installation process, depending on the parameters of a PC or laptop, takes from two to three to twenty minutes. If desired, the owner of the phone can cancel the installation using the button of the same name.
- When the installation is finished, click on the “Finish” button.
- Restart the computer. Some options will be unavailable until a new restart.
- You can synchronize data between iPhone and computer directly in File Explorer by entering the iCloud folder.
- Inside, the user will find several folders; data in them is easy to delete, move, update and rename.
- To start synchronization, you just need to select the data by ticking the corresponding checkboxes, and click on the “Apply” button. The process starts automatically.
You can synchronize your iPhone with your computer using the official software from Apple: iTunes or iCloud. In the first case, the data is stored on a PC; in the second. In the cloud. Information exchange is possible only for users who have received and confirmed Apple ID; a USB cable or Wi-Fi network is used to copy files.
If you enable the synchronization of contacts and calendars in the “Information” menu of your iPhone in iTunes, and in the “Add-ons” section, check the box next to the corresponding data category (contacts, calendars), then during the next synchronization iTunes will replace the selected information on your iPhone with the information from this computer. You can get your contacts and calendars back from a backup. Personally, I use iCloud to sync contacts and notes, which I advise you too.
To be fair, I note that the iPhone / iPad can be easily synchronized with multiple iTunes libraries on different computers without loss.
If iPhone / iPad won’t sync with iTunes over Wi-Fi
- Reboot your computer.
- Reboot your device.
- Reboot your wireless router (Wi-Fi router).
- Change the security type of your Wi-Fi wireless network to WPA-Personal and the encryption type to TKIP. Install the security key.
In the configuration of your wireless router (Wi-Fi router), change the operating mode of the wireless network (Wireless Mode) from “Author” to “B / G”.
As I said, you cannot transfer data from iPhone to computer using iTunes. It is also impossible to transfer data between different iOS devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, that is, directly from one iPhone to another. But still, such a tool exists and it is called iCloud.
What is iPhone sync?
It means that:
If you delete a file from your iTunes library, it is automatically deleted from your device during sync.
How to sync iPhone to computer via USB?
Connect iPhone to computer with standard USB cable and launch iTunes. Use the original cable and here’s why.
Click the connected device icon in the upper left corner of the iTunes window.
Turn on and configure syncing of apps, music, movies, photos and sounds on the corresponding tabs.
Click on the “Synchronize” button and wait for the process to finish. During synchronization, you can use your device. This feature appeared in iOS 5.0.
By default, when you connect your iPhone / iPad to your computer with a USB cable, iTunes will automatically launch and sync. If you charge the device using a computer, please disable this function.
How to sync iPhone with iTunes over Wi-Fi?
This feature appeared back in 2011 (October 12) in iOS 5.0 and iTunes 10.5. Now, in order to download music, movies, TV shows or ringtones to the device’s memory, it is not necessary to connect it to a computer via USB.
Not many people know that there are 2 modes of syncing iPhone with iTunes over Wi-Fi: automatic and manual.
In the first case, 3 conditions must be met:
Connect iPhone / iPad to power source.
In the second (manual synchronization). It is not necessary to connect the device to a power source.
By default, iPhone / iPad wireless syncing with iTunes is disabled. You need to configure it.
Secrets of syncing iPhone and iPad with iTunes on computer
Don’t know how to download content (music, movies, games, apps and photos) to your iPhone / iPad? Sync it with iTunes. How? We answer under the cut.
Surely the iPhone is not your first mobile device and you have used other smartphones before. If I’m right, forget about how you transferred data from your computer to your Android, Windows Phone or Symbian device. These skills in iOS will not be useful to you, because everything is different here. Via iPhone / iPad sync in iTunes.
Is it convenient or not? No, personally, I am not comfortable installing games and programs, as well as downloading music to my iPhone and iPad using iTunes, but I still believe that every iOS user should have an idea of syncing with iTunes and be able to perform it without assistance.
I will hint that there are other, much more convenient, ways to download content to the memory of the iPhone and iPad, for example, paid Waltr.
If you only need to update information in applications, some notes or a calendar with mail, there is no point in bothering yourself with long settings via a computer. Using the iCloud service, you can set it all up in a few steps. After that, all data will be updated when connected to the Internet.
The advantage over the computer method is that there is no need for long-term settings, to remember something, to connect, and generally do any actions to synchronize. The only drawback is that not all data types are supported.
The only parameter that needs some kind of instruction for connection is photos. In order for the iPhone to sync with the iPad, you need to create a stream on the devices. You can do this by going to the gallery by clicking on the button for creating a new stream. After giving it a name and turning on the “Open website” function, click “Create”.
Sync iPad to iPhone
Recently, an increasing number of users of mobile devices began to have Apple technology. This means that the number of questions on the most important functions of these devices is also growing. Let’s try to answer one of them. How to sync iPad with iPhone.
If for some reason you want to turn off iPhone syncing with iPad, connect your device via cable to the computer with the desired library and click on the icon representing the device. Then uncheck the boxes from all data types in the left menu and click on the “Synchronize” button, then. The “Apply” button to save the settings. Then you can delete the data with the data.
To begin with, even within this method, there are several options for how to do this. You can choose the best one for yourself.
After the device is identified in iTunes (an icon will appear in the upper left corner), click on it. The menu we need will open. The bottom part shows how much memory a certain type of data takes on the phone. In the middle, the connected device will be displayed, and in the left block, the list of threads for synchronization. By setting the marks, select the data we need and click “Synchronize”.
Then we turn off the phone, connect the tablet and carry out the same actions. The advantage of this method is its simplicity.
The only drawback of the method is that when all media libraries are combined under one account, any deleted or changed file on one of the devices is automatically deleted / changed on all the others. Not very convenient if you use them for different tasks.
The second way to combine iPhone and iPad is a little more complicated. To do this, you will already need two accounts. One per device. This type of connection can be called mediocre, since the phone and tablet are not synchronized directly, but through an intermediary. A PC. With two accounts, you automatically separate all directories, so you don’t have to worry about disappearing, for example, a song on your phone after deleting it on your tablet.
The third and most optimal option is to create several media libraries in one account and change them depending on the connected device. Thus, you get full synchronization of your calendar, contacts, events, notes, and so on, and separate storage for data. Convenience is that all information is updated automatically, and the file system remains intact.
To do this, you need to create a media library for your phone. Then close iTunes and open the application again while holding down the Shift key on your keyboard. If you also have an Apple computer, instead of Shift, you need to press Option. A window for creating or selecting a library will appear. We call it iPad.
At the moment, most, if not all, iOS applications have support for backing up to the branded “Apple” cloud. In short, you can start playing on your tablet, and then continue at the same level on your phone. You can connect iPhone and iPad with one iCloud account, and the programs themselves will sync.
Since the free space on the cloud is not unlimited, you can and even need to disconnect applications that do not need it from synchronization. To do this, go to Storage Backups in iCloud. The “Storage” tab contains all synchronized programs on your device, there they can be disabled using the sliders.
Synchronizing devices of the same type
This is undoubtedly the easiest way to combine i-devices with each other. You need to create or log in with the same Apple ID on all devices. Then enter your account information in the settings in the “iCloud” section. Thus, you can connect, for example, iPad with iPad or iPhone with iPhone. You can read more about synchronizing devices of the same type in the article “How to sync iPhone with iPad“.
Sync iPhone and iPad with iTunes over Wi-Fi
Reading time: 2 minutes
With the release of iOS5, the process of sharing iPhone data with iTunes has been greatly simplified. Now you can sync via Wi-Fi without any USB cables, run it not only from your computer, but also directly from your iPhone, or simply put your phone on charge, trusting in automatic wireless sync.
To use Wi-Fi syncing, you need to update iTunes to version 10.5. This can be done via the File. Updates menu. Don’t forget to upgrade your i-device’s firmware to iOS5. If you’ve already done this, make sure you have the ability to connect your computer and iPhone to the same wireless network at home / office. Is there a network? Then set up wireless sync.
Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch with the cable to your computer one last time. In “tuna”, click on your device, go to the “Overview” tab, scroll down a bit and check the “Sync with this iPhone via Wi-Fi” checkbox and click the “Apply” button in the lower right corner. The last sync is done via the cable. After its completion, feel free to pull out the cable.
Make sure that both your computer and i-device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, for example, to your home or office. If this is true, then your i-gadget will remain in the list of iTunes devices, despite the fact that the wire no longer connects them.
Now you can experience wireless syncing. You can launch it as before. From the “tuna”, or directly from the iPhone. For this:
The status bar displays the usual count of synchronization steps, a new icon is spinning at the top of the screen. What is especially nice. The synchronization is in the background, you can fully use your iPhone along the way.
Wi-Fi sync will start automatically whenever you connect your iPhone to a power source, of course, if iTunes is running on your computer and is on the same wireless network with the i-device.
Quite convenient: when you come home, you can just put the apple-phone on charge to the first socket that comes across, and it will transfer the information downloaded during the day to the computer on its own.
If, for example, you downloaded some applications from the AppStore directly from the iPhone, then during synchronization they will automatically be added to iTunes. If necessary, synchronization can always be started manually, both from the computer and from the iPhone. But what exactly to synchronize and how can still be noted only in iTunes in the corresponding tabs “Programs”, “Music”, etc.
It should be noted that synchronization in a new way is still slower than via a cable, and the battery of the device will drain faster.