How To Sync Contacts From iPhone To iPhone
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud
The way to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud is the easiest and fastest. All that is required of you is to have access to the Internet.
On the iPhone you want to transfer contacts from, go to Settings → iCloud and make sure the Contacts switch is active.
Go to Settings → iCloud → Backup and click the Create Backup button. Wait for the process to end.
Advice! You can check if your contacts are successfully syncing with the cloud at iCloud.com. The number of entries in contact books (displayed at the bottom of the list) must be the same.
On the iPhone you want to transfer contacts to, go to Settings → iCloud and log in with your iCloud account. If you were already logged in, you can skip this step.
In the menu “Settings” → iCloud (on the new iPhone), activate the switch “Contacts”.
Done! After just a couple of minutes (the time depends on the number of contacts) your contacts will be transferred to the new iPhone. You can make sure that the transfer is over by looking at the number of contacts at the very bottom of the contact book.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
After purchasing a new iPhone, not all users want to transfer all information from their old device. In many cases, it is only necessary to throw off contacts, with which some owners of Apple smartphones have problems. In this tutorial, we talked about how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone in the two easiest and surest ways.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone via iTunes
If for some reason you cannot use the method of transferring contacts from iPhone to iPhone using iCloud, you will have to use iTunes. This method is also not difficult, however, to use it, you will need to connect devices to a computer.
Connect your old iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes.
Advice! It is recommended that you update iTunes to the latest version. On a PC, you can check for updates by going to Help → Updates, or on a Mac by going to the Updates tab in the Mac App Store.
Select iPhone from the iTunes menu and go to the Details tab.
Activate the checkbox “Synchronize contacts with” and click “Apply”. Note that syncing contacts with iCloud should be turned off.
After syncing is complete, disconnect your old iPhone and connect your new one to your computer.
Select iPhone from the iTunes menu, go to the “Details” tab and activate the item “Synchronize contacts with.” Scroll down the settings page to the “Add-ons” section and activate the item “Contacts.” Important. Itunes will replace the existing contacts on the new iPhone.
Done! In such a SIMple way, you can transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone using iTunes.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
Section: Iphone, For beginners, Data transfer Date: 08/13/2018 Author: Alexander Moiseenko. Comments: 0
Last updated: 20/10/2020
Switching to a new iPhone is not uncommon among iOS users. This is usually a whim, but sometimes an urgent need due to a damaged apparatus. Regardless of the reason, this article will show you how to transfer phone records from one device to another.
Instructions on how to transfer contacts by importing from a vcf file
- Download the file with the extension “.VCF”. To send, use: email, cloud storage or Bluetooth.
- Open the resulting file. In the new window, select “Add all contacts“.
- Then the system will offer to save the new contacts as newly created ones or to merge them with the current numbers. You should choose the first option. “Create new contacts“, as this will eliminate confusion with the existing records.
Next, the automatic export of contacts will start. The process lasts from a couple of seconds to several minutes, which is affected by the number of records. New numbers will be automatically transferred to the directory.
Instructions on how to import numbers from a SIM card to your phone
- Insert the SIM card into the phone.
- Go to settings, where select “Mail, addresses, calendars”.
- Scroll down to the Import SIM Contacts section
- Confirm the action and wait for the end of the transfer of contacts.
Instructions for transferring contacts using iTunes
Important! Itunes will replace existing recordings on the new device. Take care of moving important contacts in advance.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Start iTunes. It is recommended to check for program updates before starting data synchronization.
- After finding your phone, open the “Details” tab.
- Next, activate the “sync contacts” option, and then confirm the action.
- After copying the data, disconnect the old device, then connect the new smartphone.
- In the “Information” tab, go down to the inscription “Advanced”, where check the item “Contacts”. And then confirm the action.
How to transfer phonebook contacts
If the phone numbers are stored in the SIM card, then it is enough to move the card to the new device. Otherwise, the following methods should be considered:
- Import records from vcf file.
- Sync data with iCloud.
- Use the iTunes desktop program.
- Third Party Applications.
- Importing numbers from a SIM card.
The vcf option is optimal if you previously had a backup of your contacts saved in the cloud or on a PC. In this case, it is enough to send the file to a new smartphone, and then import contacts.
The iCloud cloud service allows you to automatically transfer contacts to your phone. It is enough to activate the synchronization option on the old phone, and then do the same operation on the new phone.
Itunes comes in handy when the network on the iPhone is down or there are difficulties with the iCloud service.
Third-party applications allow you to back up and transfer important information. A convenient way when you don’t have a computer at hand.
The method of importing numbers from a SIM card is useful if you need to change your phone number.
Instructions on how to sync contacts using the iCloud service
- To use this method, you must first create an AppleID account. If you have an account, follow these steps:
- On your old iPhone, open the settings section, where select. Icloud.
- Move the switch to the active state, opposite the “Contacts” item. The recordings will be automatically copied to the cloud storage. Also, while the switch is active, when adding new records, contacts will be automatically copied to the cloud.
- Next, enter iCloud on the new iPhone, and then also activate the switch to sync contacts.
Usually the synchronization process does not exceed 2-3 minutes. At the time of copying records, you should connect the phone to a stable Wi-Fi network.
Instructions on how to transfer contacts using third-party programs. Conclusion
The easiest way to transfer contacts is to set up sync with the iCloud service. And also import records using vcf file. If such methods are not available, for certain reasons, then it is recommended to resort to using iTunes. If the number of phone numbers is not more than 255, then save the entries on the SIM card, which in the future will SIMplify the transfer to a new device.
If you still have questions, then in the block below “User comments” you can ask the author a question, leave a comment or share your experience. We will try to answer.
How to sync iPhone with Windows 10
Just because iPhones are so much easier to connect to MacBooks doesn’t mean they can’t run Windows 10. It takes a little more patience and time to sync iPhone data with Windows 10, but it’s okay if your laptop is running Windows 10.
Of course, you won’t be able to connect the iPhone as it connects to the MacBook. When synchronizing, it will not be possible to SIMply move files in Explorer from phone to computer in the same way as Android, but a couple of clicks and a little ingenuity will help you work with your iPhone on Windows just as well.
Copy to iPhone
Synchronizing music, photos, movies and other video content requires mastering iTunes, which can be downloaded here. You can import music by opening the File menu Add folder to library and add a folder. Individual files are also added from the menu by choosing File Add File to Library. After adding your music library to iTunes, follow these steps:
Connect your iPhone to your laptop with a Lightning cable.
Click the Continue button when you see a request to connect your phone to grant access to the system.
Click on the phone icon in the top bar of iTunes.
Click the Synchronize button.
After that, two devices. Computer and phone will be synchronized. If it doesn’t, go to the sidebar and turn on sync by checking the boxes next to music, movies, TV shows and photos. Click the Synchronize button again.
The syncing process may take some time, depending on how much content needs to be synced.
Similarly, you can sync the rest of the content from your computer to iPhone.
Pick up your iPhone and check your photos, music, apps, and videos to make sure you’re getting all the files from your Windows 10 PC.
Copy from iPhone
But copying from iPhone to Windows 10 computer is really not an easy operation. In an attempt to avoid piracy and illegal copying of content, Apple has made it very difficult for ordinary users to sync computer with iPhone. Fortunately, there are some workarounds that we will now look at.
- Music and films. You can move media files from iTunes to your phone from your computer, you cannot send them from your phone to your computer. However, if you buy media from iTunes on your iPhone, you can get it to your desktop via the cloud. As long as you maintain one Apple ID, you will be able to download all your songs and movies again from iTunes on your computer at no extra cost.
- Photos. To import photos from iPhone to Windows 10, I recommend using the cloud service OneDrive, the client of which is easily located in the Apple Store.
- Files. The cloud service is your best friend for file syncing. Almost any cloud service can be used for these purposes, the client of which can be found in the Apple Store. Although I personally use Dropbox, you can also use iCloud. I also recommend that you read the article The best cloud services of the Russian Internet for storing information, if you do not know which cloud service to choose.
The way to sync iPhone with Windows 10 is not that difficult, you just need to download and install the iTunes application on your Windows 10 computer, and then the application will do everything for you. But when you want to get files from iPhone to your Windows 10 computer, it becomes sad. But cloud services will allow you to send any files from iPhone to Windows 10 computer.
How to sync iPhone contacts (correct way)
Reading time: 3 minutes
After writing an article on how to transfer contacts from android to iPhone, I was frankly surprised by the survey results. It turns out that more than half of users store contacts only on the phone.
Perhaps many do not attach any importance to this, but I will say from experience. Between the second and third recovery of the notebook, the thought comes that I am doing something wrong. There can be a lot of reasons for losing records, from a failed update or jailbreak to a banal loss of your phone. Therefore, this article is for those who have reached enlightenment.
Apple seemingly provides users with a convenient system for storing their records and phone book. It is tied to the iCloud cloud storage. And here, as they say, all the shortcomings follow from the positive sides. Namely:
Sync contacts with Google
Then you ask: “Is there an alternative?” Of course there is, it is very “beloved” by the Google Apple. The platform independent service Gmail is free of all these annoyances. Once you have made the settings, you can automatically sync your iPhone contacts without fear for phonebook entries. Except for you, no one will have access to it. And besides, in Google, you can restore your contact list as of any time in the past 30 days.
Create a Google account
First of all, you need to create a Google account. If you don’t have it yet, you can do this by following the link accounts.Google.com The account provides access to all services, including the Gmail mail service.
- Login to Gmail via the context menu.
- Click the Contacts link below the folder list on any Gmail page.
- This is where your notebook will be stored.
Disadvantages of syncing contacts with iTunes and iCloud
- By giving your account to someone to install programs, you immediately give him access to the phone book, because App Store and iCloud login details are the same.
- If you decide to change your iCloud account on your device, you will lose access to your phone book. Your contacts will be downloaded from the new iCloud.
- If you accidentally deleted someone’s contact, then you can restore it only through restoring a backup.
- And if you made a new entry in the phone book, then in order for it to be archived you need to sync with iTunes.
Sync contacts with iPhone
Now we will set up the synchronization of contacts from the iPhone to the created Google account.
- Open the iPhone Settings app.
- Click “Mail, Addresses, Calendars”.
- Open the “Add Account” menu.
- Click on the Google logo.
- Fill in the fields:
Name: Enter your name.
E-mail: Enter your Google account email address.
Password: Your account password.
(Note, if you have enabled two-step authentication, then you need to create a password as described here.)
Description: Enter the name of the account, for example “Google Book”.
- Click Next at the top of the screen. And make sure On is selected in the “Contacts” line.
Now contacts from your Google address book will be transferred to your phone. But we have nothing there now. Need to sync iphone contacts backwards so that everything from phone is automatically transferred to google phone book.
To do this, do the following:
- Return to the “Mail, Addresses, Calendars” tab.
- Scroll down on this tab to the heading Contacts and click “Standard Account”. Click on your Google account.
- Go back to the previous tab. It should be like this:
- Now open the Phone app on the Contacts tab on your iPhone. Synchronization will start automatically.
- All changes made on the phone will almost immediately be displayed in the Google phone book. And vice versa.
How to Delete All Contacts from iPhone?
In order to delete all contacts from the iPhone “in one fell swoop” you can need to sync it with an empty Outlook address book or Windows Contacts. Iphone will interpret such synchronization as zeroing the address book and all entries will be erased from the Contacts application.
- Connect iPhone to Computer and Launch iTunes.
- In the “Devices” menu, select the model of your iOS device and go to the “Information” tab.
- Check the box next to “Synchronize contacts with:” and in the drop-down list select an application that has no entries in the address book. Previously, you can create a backup copy of the Outlook address book and delete all contacts from the program.
- At the very bottom of the “Information” page in the “Add-ons” section in the “Replace the following information on this iPhone” list, check the box next to “Contacts” and click on “Synchronize”.
You can completely clear the phone book through iPhone restore, but in this case all user-generated content from the iPhone will be deleted. For jailbroken iPhones, regular recovery is contraindicated, only through SemiRestore.
As you can see, you can manage contacts on iPhone in various ways, both from a computer and through web applications, and this is quite SIMple, the main thing is to set up synchronization of contacts on iPhone.
If you have any difficulties or problems in setting up syncing iPhone with iCloud, Gmail or iTunes, write to us in the comments, we will try to help you.
How to create contacts for iPhone in iCloud?
Creating and managing contacts through the iCloud web app is exactly the same as creating your iPhone address book entries (unification). To create a new iCloud contact:
- On icloud.com, enter your Apple ID and password from your iPhone‘s iCloud settings and go to the Contacts web app.
- At the bottom of the page, click on the image “” and in the menu that appears, select “New contact”.
- Fill in the required fields and click on “Finish”.
As a result of SIMple operations, a new entry in the address book will be created, which can then be easily imported into the iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
Icloud goes beyond creating address book entries.
The iCloud web application is able to:
- Change the order of sorting contacts by Last name or First name;
- Change the display type from “First Name, Last Name” to “Last Name, First Name”;
- Change the format of presentation of the postal address and telephone number depending on the country;
- Establish contact as a personal card;
- Import vCard contacts (upload files in.Vcf format from hard drive to iCloud);
- Export vCard contacts (download selected contacts to a.Vcf file from iCloud to hard drive);
- Update contacts.
All features of the Contacts app in iCloud are available in the main menu.
How to create contacts on iPhone?
There are several ways to create contacts that can then be synchronized with an iOS device:
- On the computer;
- Via the Internet: in Gmail from Google and in iCloud;
- Directly on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Delete contacts from iPhone
There are times when you need to delete contacts from the iPhone address book, you can do this in two ways:
- Deleting one by one;
- Deleting all contacts at once.
How to create a contact directly on iPhone?
- On the iPhone, launch the “Contacts” application or tap on “Phone” and in the lower menu of the application tap on the “Contacts” icon.
- In the upper right corner of the program, tap on “”, fill in all the required fields and tap on “Finish” again. A new entry appears in the address book.
For example, suppose you have entries on your computer, Gmail Address Manager, and the Contacts web app in iCloud that you want to import into your iPhone. How contacts are imported depends on how they were created.
To demonstrate how to import contacts to iPhone, you will need to reset your jailbroken iPhone 5s to factory settings without losing your jailbreak.
Transfer Contacts to iPhone from iCloud
This method of importing contacts to iPhone is the easiest.
- On iPhone, go to Settings. Icloud and turn on the switch opposite “Contacts”.
- All contacts uploaded to iCloud will be transferred to iPhone.
Disadvantages of the method:
- Internet connection required;
- You must first import contacts to iCloud.
As you already know, you can work with contacts both offline and online in Google Contacts and iCloud. Each of these methods allows you to create, edit and delete contacts, and therefore it becomes necessary to apply the changes to the iPhone. There is no need to manually create, edit or delete contacts on iPhone again, for these purposes, synchronization of contacts is necessary.
Sync iPhone Contacts to iTunes
- Connect iPhone to your computer, launch iTunes and select your device model in the Devices menu.
- In the navigation panel, go to the “Information” tab and check the box next to “Synchronize contacts with:”.
- In the drop-down list, select the program on your computer with which you want to sync iPhone contacts, it can be Microsoft Outlook or Windows Contacts (for Windows 7) and click click on the “Apply” button.
After the end of the process, the contacts in the application selected during synchronization and the iPhone address book will become identical.
Tip: iPhone treats Outlook and Windows Contacts as a library from which to get data. If you delete data in Outlook, the iPhone will perceive it as updating the library to 0 and during synchronization will erase all data in itself. In this case, when a pop-up warning about the confirmation of the command, it is better to click the “combine data” button. Then the device is synchronized with the PC in both directions.
How to create an iPhone contact on a computer?
As you know, using the iTunes media combine, you can synchronize contacts between your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad with a computer based on Windows or Mac OS X. After synchronization, all existing contacts on your PC are imported into the iPhone address book (aka Contacts) and become available directly from devices.
Itunes allows you to sync contacts on iPhone with Microsoft Outlook and Windows Contacts. Let’s consider creating a contact for iPhone in the internal component of Windows OS. Windows Contacts.
- In the main menu “Start” left-click on the name of your Windows account. The “Computer” application window will open with the contents of the “Users” system folder for your account. Universal method: in Windows Explorer (aka Computer), go to the path: \ Users \ (username) \ Contacts \.
- In the main menu of the program, click on “Create contact” and fill in the required fields for the contact and click on OK. A separate file will be created with the extension.Contact.
The contacts created in this way in the “Contacts” folder on the PC can be easily transferred to the iPhone via iTunes.
There is an easier way to create contacts that can later be imported into the iPhone address book. Via the Internet. Using the web application interface from Google and Apple, you can create and sync contacts with iPhone online.
Iphone Contacts: Create, Import, Sync and Delete Contacts on iPhone
If you are lucky enough to get a brand new iPhone 6, you probably have a problem importing contacts into your iOS phonebook. Transferring contacts from an Android smartphone to an iPhone manually is a thankless task, especially if more than one 100 entries are stored in the phone book. You can synchronize contacts between an Android smartphone and an iPhone automatically, especially since it’s quite SIMple to do this.
In today’s tutorial, we will look at working with contacts in iOS: how to transfer contacts to iPhone, how to sync them, delete and restore them in case of loss.
First, let’s clearly define the meaning of the phrase “iPhone contacts”.
One entry in the iOS phonebook contains a whole set of personal data:
- Name, Surname, Company;
- The photo;
- Phone numbers with different labels: cell, home, work, etc.;
- E-mail address;
- Separate ringtone;
- Vibration mode for an incoming call;
- Message sound;
- Vibration mode for an incoming message;
- Website address;
- Mailing address;
- Date of birth information;
- Social media profile:. Flickr, Linkedln, Myspace, Sina Weibo, custom;
- Profile in instant messaging managers (messengers): Skype, MSN Messenger, Google Talk, Messenger, AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, ICQ, Jabber, QQ, Gadu-Gadu, custom;
- The note;
- Custom field: address, first name pronunciation, middle name, middle name pronunciation, last name pronunciation, suffix, pseudonym, position, department;
- Related contacts.
As you can see, just one entry in the phone book can contain comprehensive contact information about a work colleague, acquaintance or loved one. Such information is extremely important for most people and sometimes its value exceeds the cost of the iPhone itself or any other mobile phone. Therefore, you need to take care of backing up your contacts on the iPhone, keeping them up to date.