How to access your data in iCloud Drive
Together with iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite, Apple’s cloud service has made a major step forward. The iCloud cloud storage service has evolved into iCloud Drive, bringing users a whole new way to place and manage files on the web. Let’s dwell on these issues in more detail.
Log in through your computer
Before logging in, users must install the latest version of the OS.
Many people are interested in how to access the iCloud cloud and see information from their Apple computer.
- Use the same Apple ID;
- In the Apple iCloud app, go into System Settings;
- Write down your Apple ID information;
- click on the “Login” tab.
Working with iCloud (login to personal account) on the computer from “Apple” takes into account the peculiarities of the OS. If a person uses Windows, then he must download a special application from the official site. This is how you can log in from another device. It is important that it is the operating system no lower than the seventh version. After that, you must restart the computer. Next, after rebooting, the iCloud cloud will appear. log in to your page. You need to fill all the fields with your data and click on the “Login” tab. After that, the sections will appear: “iCloud drive login”, “photo”, “mail” and “bookmarks”.
However, in this utility you can not see the settings on the iPhone.
In it you can only look at the entire occupied volume or buy additional space for the cloud.
Can I sign in to my personal account without an iPhone
How to sign in to iCloud without an iPhone at hand?
Here is where the user will appreciate the great functionality of the installed application on the PC.
Once downloaded to your computer, the Start menu will display all the main functions of the program, and in a full-fledged version. When you click on the selected tab, the user will immediately get to the personal cabinet of the desired section.
How to sign in to your Apple ID/iCloud account on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Once you sign back in to your account, your information will be synced and appear on your device. The consequences listed above will no longer apply. You will be able to continue to use iCloud and all related services.
- Open the Settings app and at the very top of the screen select “Login to iPhone(iPad,iPod)”.
- Enter your Apple ID mailbox and password.
- Now enter the six-digit verification code that will be sent to your other Apple devices. If you have no other devices, the code will come via SMS or incoming call.
The main problems when logging in
How to sign in to iCloud from iPhone, if there are problems during registration?
The most common reasons for this are:
- Case error in the password you’ve entered. In this case, make sure the Caps Lock key is not pressed.
- Wrong email address and password for Apple ID.
- Error when entering a code sent to trusted hardware or number when dual verification or two-factor authentication is available.
- If only Notes, Contacts, Keynote, Pages, Numbers, and Settings are given access, account only gives you access to web-based storage features. To activate other features, you must set up cloud service on your Apple devices before accessing iCloud from your iPhone.
If the user does not remember the access code, or a message appears saying that the account is blocked for security reasons (for example, after several unsuccessful attempts to sign in from the phone), it is necessary to change or reset the password.
Perceive iCloud.com like any other site. Open Safari and go to iCloud.com. When the site opens, you won’t see a login box. Just follow the steps below.
1) Tap the Share button at the bottom of the screen and select Full Site. Alternatively, you can click the Refresh button in the address bar and select Full Site Version in the menu below.
2) The page will refresh and a full version of the site will open, just like in Safari on a Mac. Login to your account by entering your Apple ID and password. If you are accessing the site for the first time from your current device, you will need to enter the verification code.
3) After that iCloud.com will open as it does on your computer.
Remember that this is the full version of the site, so it will look a little strange on a mobile device. You may have to zoom in and out of the screen to see the items you want.
This is not the most convenient way to access iCloud.The com on your iPhone or iPad, but it works. Also, you can use any browser for this.
iCloud website in your browser
You can also use iCloud with Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera, or Safari.
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. If you use Safari, you can use Touch ID/Face ID or a password to sign in.
- Choose one of the apps or services.
- You can also view your account settings, which contain several useful features. You can restore recently deleted files, contacts, calendars, and bookmarks.
The iCloud website works on iPhone, but only six options are available: Mail, Photos, iCloud Drive, Notes, Reminders, and Find iPhone. On some Android smartphones, you can access the full site, but it will not work correctly.
Now you know how to set up the iCloud service on different devices, and what you can use it for.
How to set up iCloud on your iPhone or iPad
Our experienced team of editors and researchers contributed to this article and checked it for accuracy and completeness.
The wikiHow content management team carefully monitors the editors to ensure that each article meets our high quality standards.
Number of views of this article: 19 012.
In this article, you’ll learn how to set up your iCloud cloud service (storage and app platform) to work with it on your iPhone or iPad.
Open the Settings app. The icon for this app looks like a gray gear (⚙️) and is usually located on the home screen.
- If you don’t have an Apple ID, click “No Apple ID or forgot it?” (below the password line) and follow the on-screen instructions to create an Apple ID and iCloud account for free.
Unlock your device. To do this, enter the unlock code that you set up when you set up your device.
Merge data. If you want to merge your calendar entries, reminders, contacts, notes, and other items you have on your device with your iCloud account, tap “Merge”; otherwise, tap “Don’t merge.
Open the Settings app. The icon for this app looks like a gray gear (⚙️) and is usually located on the Home screen.
Choose the type of data you want to sync with iCloud. Under “Apps that use iCloud,” move the slider next to their data types to “Enable” (green) or “Disable” (white).
- Turn on iCloud Media Library to automatically upload photos from your device to iCloud. So your photos and videos are available on any mobile device or computer.
- Turn on “My Photo Streaming” so that new photos are automatically uploaded to iCloud whenever your device connects to your wireless network.
- Turn on iCloud Photo Sharing to create photo albums that your friends can access online or from their mobile devices.
Click on iCloud. This option is located in the upper left corner of the screen; it will take you to the main iCloud settings page.
Scroll down and tap Keychain. This option is at the bottom of the “Apps Using iCloud” section.
How to open the iCloud site.com (Find iPhone) on iPhone and Android
Open your browser and enter the iCloud address.com in a new window or tab.
Ignoring the iOS iCloud page with app shortcuts, click on the “Share” button (the icon with the box with the up arrow).
In the menu that appears, select the “Full Site Version” option.
iCloud.com will open in the desktop version, and the usual login window will appear on the screen.
The main disadvantage of using the web version of iCloud.com on mobile devices is awkward navigation and difficult scrolling. Sometimes you have to flip your device horizontally to open the app you want.
If your Phone or iPad does not have a modern version of iOS (9 or higher) or if you for some reason do not want to use Safari, access iCloud.You can use the mobile version of Chrome.
Note. The method described below also works for the Android version of Chrome.
Open your browser and go to the iCloud site.com. Then click the three-dot button in the top right corner of the Chrome app.
Select the “Full Version” option in the drop-down menu to reload the page.