How To Share A Password On An Iphone
Sometimes it is not just a curious person who gets access to photos, but an intruder. Therefore, it is important to protect personal information from prying eyes. Setting a password on pictures is a surefire way to avoid trouble.
New undocumented feature from Apple.
We are talking about the ability to secretly store, protecting them with a password. The feature appeared in iOS 9.3, works on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Who needs it: everyone who keeps confidential on the iPhone and iPad, but does not deny access to the device to his wife or children.
There were minor changes in the application, the function we needed was not added there. To store the private ones, we will use the Notes application.
How to put a password on a gallery in an iPhone
You can store photos on the iPhone both in albums in the standard application and in applications from the App Store. Many users are worried about the security of their data, so they prefer to restrict access to them with a password.
Restricting access to gallery photos
In new versions of iOS, it is possible to limit the display of photos from the Gallery using the built-in Guide Access service. In this case, you can fearlessly give your iPhone to another person. The vault will be protected by a master password.
To enable this mode on iPhone, go to Settings:
Select the Basic item from the menu list. Find the Accessibility settings link.
- We are looking for an option to enable Guide access.
- We set the mode by an alphanumeric password or using a fingerprint sensor.
You will also need to make a small setting of the Gallery, open it and go to the list of photos:
- Select a snapshot for display and press the Home button three times.
- In the menu that opens, click Options.
- Deactivate the Press function.
Now access to the Gallery is closed, a stranger will not be able to see others until the password is entered.
Guided Access function
The iOS system offers its user a special Guided Access function. It allows you to open only certain images on the device and prevents you from flipping the album further. This will help in situations where the iPhone owner needs to give his device away so that another person can see the photo. When the function is enabled, he will not be able to view other photos without knowing the combination and password.
Go to iPhone settings.
Open the General section.
At the very end of the list, find Guided Access.
Activate the function by moving the slider to the right and tap Passcode settings.
Set a password by clicking on Set passcode for guided access, or enable fingerprint activation.
Open the image you need in the iPhone application that you want to show to your friend, and press 3 times on the Home button.
- In the window that opens, click Options and move the slider to the left opposite the Pressing line. Click Finish Continue.
- Guide access has been started. Now, to start flipping through the album, press the Home button 3 times again and enter your password or fingerprint. In the window that appears, click End.
This method does not allow setting a password for already created photos that are stored in the application. However, if a user takes a photo from the notes themselves, then he can block it with a fingerprint or a security code.
Enabling the function
Go to your device’s Settings.
Scroll down and find Notes.
In the window that opens, disable the Save media to function. To do this, move the slider to the left.
Now go to the Password section.
- Go to the Notes app on iPhone.
Go to the folder where you want to create the entry.
Click the icon to create a new note.
Tap on the camera image to create a new photo.
Select Withdraw or.
Take a photo and press Use.
Find the Share icon at the top of the screen.
Tap on Block note.
Enter the previously set password and click OK.
The lock has been established. Tap on the lock icon in the upper right corner.
The note with the photo taken was locked. To view it, you need to enter a password or fingerprint. The selection will not be displayed in the iPhone gallery.
How to send a password from a MacBook to an iPhone
The functionality of the MacBook allows you to share passwords from various sites and networks with other devices of the corporation. To do this, you first need to add the contact to the list of known ones. After that, in the settings of passwords and accounts, you will need to find the item Passwords for sites and software. All records available for the laptop with saved data will appear in the list that opens. After that, select the line corresponding to the desired Wi-Fi network, select Password, or Password. Among the proposed means of transmission, you need to stop at AirDrop. The last step of the transfer is to select the contact to whom you want to send information.
Note! Sometimes problems occur when transferring passwords from different devices. As a rule, the error lies in the incorrect preparation of the phone. To be able to get the necessary data, you will need to perform a simple setup of the AirDrop function through the control center.
The user must determine from whom the gadget can receive data. You can turn off filtering by allowing everyone to receive files, or restrict access to your contacts. Now, when exchanging, to learn each password, you will need to agree to accept.
Which iOS versions support passcode transfer function
Considering the sequence of actions related to how to share a Wi-Fi password on an iPhone, it is worth understanding that this function is built-in and starts automatically. Unlike other platforms, there is no need to configure additional settings or download third-party applications. However, there is such a convenient way of transferring data with an insignificant limitation for most users, namely, the iOS version should not be lower than 11. Before it, the developers did not bother to add to the functionality of this exchange tool, so the current firmware is a prerequisite.
For your information! Ios 12 introduces the familiar Parental Controls feature for the first time, allowing children under 12 to purchase separate Apple IDs. This made it possible to exchange passwords between gadgets linked to accounts.
How to share Wi-Fi password on iPhone quickly
The views and preferences of the manufacturer of the equipment do not always coincide, so one has to look for methods of exchanging passwords between devices running on different operating systems. For this purpose, android lovers have a unique program built into the system. However, the firmware must be at least Android Q (10 platform version).
Qr code for android
How to set everything up:
First, you need to create a QR code, when read, the exchange will take place. To do this, in the Settings section, you need to find the Network and Internet item.
- In the item with a list of all available Wi-Fi networks, you need to select the current one to which the device is connected.
- In a new window that opens, information about the name and other technical characteristics appear. There are also two functional buttons Forget and Share at the top of the screen. The second provides the ability to create a unique barcode containing information about the password for the network. She needs to be chosen.
- To confirm the action, you will need to enter a pin code or a fingerprint.
- An icon will appear on the screen that needs to be scanned using the Camera application. The iPhone has a built-in recognition function, so no additional action is required.
Note! This method of exchange is the fastest, as it does not require any action from the user with the iPhone. However, for a number of other devices, it is necessary to take into account the availability of the necessary programs for reading or generating QR codes.
Which devices can automatically share a Wi-Fi password on iOS
Apple developers strive to make it easier for users to interact with the iPad, iPhone, and other Apple-made devices. This applies, among other things, to remembering keys, passwords, access codes on various pages of third-party sites. For this reason, the software has a simplified function of how to share Wi-Fi on an iPhone. It helps the user to transfer the combination from one device to another, the process does not require additional configuration.
How to transfer Wi-Fi password from iPhone to iPhone
The sequence of how to share Wi-Fi from iPhone is not difficult to remember. To begin with, two interacting gadgets are being prepared:
On both devices between which the exchange will take place, the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth modes are turned on.
- Modem mode is disabled if enabled.
- Checks if device IDs are added to each other’s contact list.
- Find out which update is installed on each iPhone. It is important that these versions are newer than 11.
Important! Macbook and tablet software versions must also be up-to-date when paired with a phone.
After that, you can start exchanging passwords. To distribute data, you will need:
First, connect the phone to the network that is already familiar to the device. In this case, a password is not required, since after a single input it is automatically fixed.
- On the second device, open the Settings window, after which you need to go to the list of available networks by selecting the Wi-Fi with which you plan to interact.
- Attempt to connect a device that does not have a stored code. On the already paired gadget, a window will appear prompting you to share the password. It will be shared and automatically saved. No need to re-request after a single connection.
Note! The procedure for a tablet or laptop is no different.
How to Share Wi-Fi Password on iPhone in iOS
Sometimes someone else’s Internet access network is close, which allows you to use it, and a complex combination of Wi-Fi code can prevent this. Sometimes the user does not want to dictate or write a password, and sometimes he simply does not remember it. Sharing a Wi-Fi password is easy for iPhone, but not all users know how to do it right.
Why I can’t share my Wi-Fi password on my iPhone
The inability to transmit the Wi-Fi password may be due to the fact that one of the following parameters is not met:
- A prerequisite for transferring a password from a Wi-Fi from an iPhone to an iPhone is an installed update of version 11 or higher. Later versions of the software do not have the function of transmitting passwords in the firmware. The firmware version 13, which is current for January 2020, will also help the user to send a code to connect to an existing network;
- The enabled Bluetooth function is the second prerequisite when transmitting the access code to Wi-Fi. In this case, it is important that both devices are turned on: both transmitting and receiving;
- The distance between iPhone, Macbook or iPad in contact should not exceed 10 m, which corresponds to the Bluetooth range. At a greater distance, they will not be able to contact;
- Ipad, iPhone or computer should not be tied to one account, since in this case it is not necessary to share the password, this is done automatically. If Macbook, iPhone, iPad support different Apple IDs, it is possible to share the password even with the created family access between the interacting devices;
- Both devices must be unlocked;
- A gadget for which the network is not yet available must be in the process of connecting. The ability to copy the code will appear only at the moment when an attempt is made to connect, and an inscription on the need to enter the password will appear on the screen.
Failure to comply with any paragraph will result in the transfer process not starting.
Various manufacturers are striving to simplify the process of sharing passwords on gadgets to speed up the user experience. To make it more convenient, Apple has made significant adjustments to the firmware. As a result, the time for transferring the code with preliminary preparation of both devices will not be more than a minute.
How to share Wi Fi password using iPhone? To send a general password from Wi-Fi, you need to check the version match on both devices, it must be 11, and Bluetooth must be enabled. If both rules are met, make the connection:
- On a device on which the password is unknown, go to the menu, to the Settings category and select the wireless connection.
- On the second iPhone, where the code was already known before, a window appears in which there is a proposal to share the WiFi iPhone password. You need to confirm it by clicking on the Share password button. It is worth considering that the window sometimes appears at the wrong second, you need to wait a little. And also if, for some reason or by accident, the window with the offer was closed, after locking and unlocking the device, it will reappear.
- After confirmation, the password is automatically transmitted to the device, and after a few seconds the new user is already connected to the Network.
Also, the updated version 11 acquired the ability to transfer the password over the air. How to share WiFi contactless? To do this, it is enough for a user with a connected Network to pass authorization and bring the screen with it to the new device. And then the system does everything automatically.
Without long prefaces, let’s get down to business. Here’s a roadmap for sharing a Wi-Fi password on iPhone:
- Turn on the Bluetooth module on both phones.
- We take a smartphone, having previously removed the lock, which is already connected to the wireless network.
- We bring the second iPhone to it at a close distance and open the settings in it.
- In the Wi-Fi block, among the available connections, select the access point to which you want to connect.
- The first device will display a window with the inscription: Share password. Click on her.
- On the second phone, the following message will appear: Wi-Fi password shared. Click Finish or Finish.
That’s all it takes to distribute a wireless password from one iPhone to another. The same instruction will work to share Wi-Fi code from iPad and MAC. As you understand, the main condition is set on iOS 11 or 12 gadgets.
Look also with visual instructions:
Step by step instructions with photos
Connecting Wi-Fi on iPhone: setting up the Internet on a locked device
The user interface resembles the connection process with AirPods. When trying to connect to a device that is on a Wi-Fi network, an ad appears on the iPad or iPhone. How to transfer Wi-Fi password from iPhone to iPhone? To make a connection, you need to go through a few simple steps.
The innovations on iOS 11 and iOS 12 are quite interesting and useful, and most importantly, they simplify the work with a mobile device. In order to establish a connection, you need to check if Bluetooth and WiFi are enabled on mobile devices, as well as whether the connection between smartphones is correct. But there are times when everything is done correctly according to the gadgets settings, but the connection is still missing. Then you need to check your overall wireless network connection. The main problems that occur on the iPhone are the frequently appearing Failed to connect message. This point is solved by rebooting the phone. An incorrectly hammered password can also interfere with the establishment of a connection. It also needs to be double-checked. And if a laptop is used as a distributor, rather, it’s not even the phone that matters, but the establishment of a connection. Also, not all antivirus systems on the iPhone miss the connection to the shared passwordless wireless network. If the connection is not established, you need to check if the correct Network is selected. The main thing is to check the operating version installed on the device. It must be 11 or more. If not, you should update your iPhone first.
Hello! Today we have a theme for iPhone and iPad owners. Or rather, about one interesting and very necessary gadget that became available for iOS 11 (and older).
Version 11 of the operating system was introduced in the fall of 2017. To date, there have been several OS updates, the latest of which is 11.4.1. Some of the changes include an interesting option that allows you to share your Wi-Fi password between two iPhones or iPads. Agree, sometimes it can really come in handy.
List of compatible gadgets:
- Smartphones iPhone 5s, 6/6 Plus, 6s / 6s Plus, 7/7 Plus, 8/8 Plus, SE, X;
- Internet tablets iPad Air / Air 2, 2017, 2018, mini 2/3/4, Pro;
- Ipod touch Portable Media Players
Devices that support this function
Connecting iPhone to computer and laptop without cable via Wi-Fi
Gadgets that support the function of transferring the password from Wi-Fi have operating system version 11 or higher. The original devices from Apple did not have such capabilities, so most people cannot yet assess the need for this feature. The list of devices on which it is possible to make such a connection is as follows:
- Iphone 5s, 6/6 Plus, 6s / 6s Plus updated to 11 and 11.4.1.
- Smartphones 7/7 Plus, 8/8 Plus, SE, X.
- Macbook, iPad Air / Air 2, 2017, 2018, mini 2/3/4, Pro.
- Portable iPod touch.
Confirm action on the sending device when a message appears “Share password”, and after a few seconds the connection is made.
In this version of the OS on the iPhone, a special function has appeared for viewing the screen time and, accordingly, its limitations. Here you can not only set a password for the application, but also track how much time you spent in it.
Allows you to set time limits for using applications on the iPhone. For their further use, you will need to enter a password code. This feature allows you to restrict both standard iPhone applications and third-party ones. For example, social media.
- On the iPhone home screen, find and tap Settings.
Select Screen Time.
Click on Use Passcode.
Enter your passcode and remember it.
Re-enter the passcode you assigned. The user can change it at any time.
Click on the line Application limits.
Tap on Add limit.
Determine which groups of applications you want to limit. Let’s take Social Networks as an example. Click Forward.
In the window that opens, set a time limit when you can work in it. For example, 30 minutes. You can also select specific days here. If the user wants to enter the security code every time the application is opened, then you need to set the limit time to 1 minute.
Activate blocking after the specified time has elapsed by moving the slider to the right opposite Block at the end of the limit. Click Add.
Application icons after enabling this function will look like this.
By launching the application after the day limit has expired, the user will see the following notification. To continue working with him, click Ask to extend the term.
Click Enter Passcode.
Having entered the necessary data, a special menu appears, where the user can choose how long to continue working with the application.
for all iOS versions. Allows you to hide the standard application from the iPhone home screen. In order to see it again, you will need to enter a special 4-digit password in the settings of your device.
Follow Steps 1-5 from the instructions above.
- Go to Content and Privacy.
Enter your 4-digit password.
Slide the indicated switch to the right to activate the function. Then click on Allowed Programs.
Move the sliders to the left if you want to hide one of them. Now on the home and work screens, as well as in the search, such applications will not be visible.
- You can activate access again by following Steps 1-5, and then you need to move the sliders to the right.
Ios 11 and below
In devices with OS version 11 and below, you can prohibit the display of standard applications. For example Siri, Camera, Safari browser, FaceTime, AirDrop, iBooks and others. To remove this restriction is possible only by going to the settings and entering a special password. Unfortunately, you cannot restrict access to third-party applications, including putting password protection on them.
Scroll down and find General.
Click on Restrictions to configure the function of interest.
Now you need to set up a passcode that you need to unlock apps in the future. Enter 4 numbers and remember them.
Re-write the password code.
The function is enabled, but to activate it for a specific application, you need to move the slider opposite to the left. Let’s do it for the Safari browser.
To see the hidden application, the user must re-enter the Settings General Restrictions, enter his password. Then you need to move the slider opposite the desired one to the right. This can be done by both the owner and another person, it is only important to know the password.
If a user often gives his phone to children or just acquaintances, but does not want them to see certain information or open some kind of application, special restrictions on such actions can be set in iPhone. It will also help protect personal data from intruders when the device is stolen.
We put a password for the application in the iPhone
Today, the iPhone is not only a means for calls and messaging, but also a place where the user stores data about bank cards, personal photos and important correspondence, etc. Therefore, there is an acute question about the security of this information and the possibility of setting a password for certain applications.
How to find out the iOS version
Before configuring the function in question on your iPhone, you should find out which version of iOS is installed on it. This can be done simply by looking in the settings.
- Go to your device settings.
Go to the General section.
Select About this device.
Find Version. The value before the first dot is the information you are looking for about iOS. In our case, iOS 10 is installed on the iPhone.
So, you can put a password on the application in any iOS. However, in older versions, the launch restriction applies only to the standard software of the system, and in newer versions even to third-party.