Which models support digital
Most modern SONY Bravia TVs already have a built-in digital tuner that supports the DVB-T2 broadcasting standard or DVB-C digital cable TV. But Bravia TVs released later than 2014 can only support the outdated DVB-T standard, which is practically not used in our country anymore. Therefore, you will have to purchase a digital set-top box.You can check your model using the Internet if the product passport is lost.
- Enter the TV model and instructions in the search engine, then see the online instructions for your TV model.
- Another way is to keep TV data and go to the Yandex market, see here all the characteristics of the TV.
- And the easiest way is to go to the site Look at the number and in the Check your TV section, we are driving the brand and model of our SONY Bravia. So you can only find out about the possibility of receiving the Terrestrial digital.
If the autosearch did not give any results, use the manual channel tuning. This method is convenient because you can see the signal strength and quality and tune your antenna for maximum values. After all, the higher the indicators, the better the broadcasting of TV channels will be.
- Go to the TV menu.
- Click on Digital Configurations.
- Selecting manual search for digital stations.
- Select the frequency or channel number
- We set the parameters of the multiplex
- Turn on the power if you have an antenna with an amplifier.
- Click on Scan Up
- We look at the results.
- If the signal is weak, we begin to twist the antenna until the indicators begin to change to maximum values.
- After that we save everything and go to the next frequency.
The frequency of the multiplex of your settlement, see the RTRS website by opening an interactive map.
Auto channel search
The easiest way to set up and connect a digital on a SONY TV is to run auto-tuning of TV channels. But the setup itself is slightly different from other TV models, in that the names of the search launch processes are different.
The instructions below may vary slightly, but the basic parameters are similar for most models.
- First of all, we connect the antenna cable to the TV jack.
- Press the HOME button to bring up the menu.
- Next, go to the Settings item, this is where the necessary parameters are located.
- To search for channels, we find the item Digital configuration.
- The next step is to enable Autosearch for digital stations.
- Select the Connection Type Ether if you have an antenna connected, Cable if you have cable TV.
- By clicking on Ether, the search for programs will immediately begin.
- To search for cable programs, you will need to maintain a few more parameters.
- The next step is to select an operator from the proposed list, click on Others.
- Click on Full scan type. Select Fast scan only if you know the network frequency of the provider.
- Click on start and wait for the end of scanning digital programs.
After the scanning process is completed, you can use the program editor to sort and delete unnecessary programs.
Connecting the set-top box to an old Sony
If your TV does not support modern digital TV DVB-T2, then a tuner is required. After all, analog broadcasting is disabled in most settlements and in order not to remain a buzz of favorite programs that are available in digital form, additional equipment will be required.
Also, if you want to connect IP TV to interactive television or make a modern Smart TV out of your old TV, you just need to connect the appropriate set-top box.
In this case, your TV receiver will act as a monitor. Switch channels and other functions will be performed by your set-top box tuner.
- We connect the antenna cable to the set-top box.
- Next, we connect the tuner and TV receiver with a video cord (Tulips, RCA, HDMI).
- Turn on the video channel on the TV using the INPUT button.
- We search for channels on a digital set-top box.
Although our topic is about Wi-Fi, I will still write how to connect Sony Bravia to the Internet by connecting to a router with a patch cord. We take a network cable, one end to the LAN port of the router, the other to the corresponding socket on the TV.
The TV receiver may have a port for direct connection of the provider’s cable. But I do not recommend this method, since the receiver may not recognize the connection type, and you will not succeed. Through a router, it is more reliable and for sure.
- Press Home on the TV remote control;
- Select “Network”, then “Network Settings”;
- We need a wired setup type;
- Next, select “Auto” and wait for the connection.
You can now enjoy Smart TV functions and services to the fullest.
- Home Button (MENU).
- Section “System settings”, then “Wi-Fi settings”.
- Turn on “Built-in Wi-Fi” and “Wi-Fi Direct”;
- Go to the “Wi-Fi Direct Settings” tab.
- press the “Options” key;
- choose the “Manual” method;
- press the button “Other methods”;
- the SSID and WPA key will appear.
Reference! The option is not available on all devices that are compatible with Wi-Fi Direct. For more information, refer to the user manual of your smartphone, tablet or PC.
How to access the Internet via Wi-Fi on a Sony TV: our method
Some models of SONY TVs have a function that allows you to access the Internet using a wireless connection. There are several methods, each of which is discussed in detail below.
Setting up a wireless network
How do I set up Wi-Fi on a Sony TV? It is important to know a few basic points:
- use wired setup;
- only UWA-BR100 adapter is supported;
- the option gives access to the Internet, and the setting depends on the type of network and router.
- Home button (MENU);
- go to “Settings”, then “Network”;
- sections “Built-in Wi-Fi” and “Wi-Fi Direct” are included;
- then go to “Wi-Fi Direct Settings”.
There are three ways to connect your Sony TV to Wi-Fi:
- via the WPS key;
- PIN-code input;
- using SSID and network key.
details about each method of connecting SONY BRAVIA to Wi-Fi:
- WPS key. Pairing with WPS simplifies setup and minimizes manipulation. You need to find WPS on your router. The subsequent actions look like this:
- press the HOME key on the remote control;
- go to the “Settings” section;
- select “Network settings”;
- go to “Wireless setting”;
- select WPS (button);
- then the system will offer to press WPS on the router.
Not all router models are equipped with this feature. Therefore, if you do not find the button, you will have to connect manually. by entering the network name and password from it.
- Entering a PIN. You need to perform the same manipulations as when connecting via the WPS button. Only instead of the button, select WPS (PIN) to use the code. In the future, you need to follow the instructions of the system.
- With SSID and password. SSID is the name of the wireless network. To connect, find out its name and network key (password). Once you have received this information and completed the first 4 steps, you need to click the “Scan” button. Then select the desired network from the search and follow the requirements.
After connecting Sony Bravia to Wi-Fi, it is recommended to update the list of applications. On the remote control, select Home, then “Settings” and “Network”. Click on the second item “Update Internet Content / Download Available Web Content”.
After the update is finished, press Home on the remote again. We will see the “Processed” section, where all installed applications will be. We click on “All applications” and “Add to my applications”. Everything.
You can find a complete guide to connecting to Wi-Fi in your Sony TV manual. View it if something did not work out, or write to us!
Sony BRAVIA TV. Set Up and Quick Guide
Detecting and activating Wi-Fi Direct
And we will start, perhaps, with a wireless connection of a PC or mobile gadget to a TV. This is where Wi-Fi Direct technology comes in handy. There are three types of SONY TV. Each has its own way of finding a function.
- On the remote control (RC), press the “Home” (MENU) button.
- Go to the “Applications” section.
- Select “Wi-Fi Direct Mode”.
To prepare the TV for digital television, connect the antenna cable to the provided input, select the “Antenna” signal source in the settings. Make sure all additional devices are disabled.
How to set up your Sony Bravia TV?
Modern Sony Bravia TVs, not only with Smart-TV function, can enjoy the benefits of digital TV without purchasing additional equipment. The search for available programs is carried out through the built-in receiver. Exclusively for users who have not previously encountered the equipment of a Japanese manufacturer, an instruction manual has been created to help adjust the image, sound, and other parameters.
Color palette saturation
To make the image natural, saturated, change the dynamics of the palette until all transitions are pronounced on the central gradient.
Features of Sony Bravia TVs
Before connecting a digital TV, perform the panel setup, check if the model has a digital tuner. If the model was released after 2015 for the Russian market, this option is 100% available. For old TVs, you can use the manufacturer’s official website, where it is enough to drive the TV modification in the search bar. If your Sony Bravia TV does not have a built-in T2 tuner:
- buy an external TV set-top box that allows you to receive and decode a digital signal;
- update your TV. The old model is not always capable of producing a high-quality signal, providing access to all functions.
Use the lightest part of the adjustment table to set the contrast. Change the level until the right side of the screen becomes extremely light. With the correct values, the difference between the right and left zone will be significant.
You can adjust the contrast on the TV.
You can also set up digital broadcasting on Sony TVs in manual mode. To do this, using the remote control:
- go to “Menu”. “Options.” Manual search “;
- change the broadcasting frequency using the keys and. until the desired channel is found;
- carry out the procedure for all programs.
After saving the channel, make fine adjustments using the corresponding menu item. This will achieve the best image quality.
Manual channel search.
Calibration should be started by checking the image size parameters. The default settings visually enlarge the picture, which degrades the sharpness. As a result, moiré may appear on the contours of the resolution bands. For change:
- go to “Settings”. “Screen controls”;
- disable the item “Automatic display area;
- also uncheck “Maximum resolution.
As a result, arrows should be visible in each corner of the panel, which indicates that the panel is correctly calibrated.
If the owner of the TV has noticed an unnatural picture, then he needs to adjust the sharpness. This process should be carried out until a light outline remains on the calibration chart.
Select the lightest part in the diagram. The contrast should be adjusted until the right area is very light. In this case, the difference between the right and left side of the screen should immediately be striking.
Manual channel search
digital channels on the Sony Bravia TV can be set manually. To do this, you will have to connect an analog antenna, take the remote control and use it to enter the main menu. In the manual search section, the frequencies are changed using the minus and plus keys. After the TV channels are found, each should fine tune. Thus, it will be possible to adjust the quality of digital broadcasting:
- In the menu, select the item “manual”.
- Frequency parameter entered in manual mode.
- Leave “auto” in the window with the access code.
- In manual mode, the symbol rate parameter is entered.
- Click on the “start” button.
Choice of broadcasting TV channels
After the TV is connected to the antenna, the owner must follow the instructions. It tells you how to tune channels on your TV and what to do next. The user will be prompted to select the method of receiving and transmitting the signal. For example, it is only planned to set up digital television on a sony TV. In this case, you need to click on the appropriate link, after which the search for channels of the digital TV operator will start. Also, the owner of the TV can give preference to cable TV, select on-air broadcasting and carry out analog tuning.
After that, parameters are selected in a separate tab:
- online identifier;
- scan type;
Sony Bravia 4K Android TV | Installation Guide
Important! If necessary, you can change the default data. After confirming the action, TV will automatically search and display all available TV channels.
Automatic channel search
The user must find the corresponding connector on the TV and insert the antenna into it. After that, you will have to select the signal source of the same name. To prepare the TV to search for channels, disconnect all previously connected devices (optional). Tuning channels on a Sony Bravia TV can be performed both manually and automatically. If the TV owner does not want to waste time, he can use the remote control to carry out automatic setup. To do this, the main menu is entered, the “parameters” section is located, the link “auto-tuning” is selected, the action is confirmed.
After the basic functions are configured, you can start setting additional parameters. This should be done in the tab of the “settings” section. The link “system settings” is pressed, the subsection “eco” is located (the light sensor is turned off). The other parameters are set in the same way.
Some information about IPTV
IPTV technology, or Internet Protocol Television, is the transmission of a television signal using an Internet connection. It’s important to note that IPTV is not a streaming service like Netflix, for example. This means that to receive this type of transmission, you need a special set-top box or a Wi-Fi connection.
The biggest plus of this connection is interactivity. Due to the fact that playback is recorded, almost all broadcasts can be paused, rewound and re-started. By connecting IPTV, you no longer need to adjust to the channel’s schedule, you yourself control what you want to watch.
Depending on the service provider, the service part makes it possible to group channels by playlists to make navigation more convenient and take less time. You can also connect additional packages of TV channels, usually they are sorted by subject.
How to install Vintera TV
If for some reason the previous option does not suit you, then you should install Vintera TV. The functionality is almost identical, so you can consider this option.
- Either in PlayMarket or Opera TV, in the search engine write “Vintera TV”.
- Click the “Install” button.
- Once the application is installed, go to it and apply the necessary parameters.
How to set up IPTV on a Sony Bravia TV
Before you start setting up your IPTV, you need to turn on the Wi-Fi connection. Without an Internet connection, digital TV from the network will not work.
How to connect Sony Bravia TV to IPTV, setup and problem solving
Classic television, as a rule, is accident-free, and this is its disadvantage. To access a large number of channels, you need to be connected to cable or satellite TV. For some reason, not everyone has the ability or desire to install a satellite dish or run a cable into the house. Service providers know this and have come up with the perfect solution. IPTV. Next, let’s talk about installing IPTV for Sony Bravia TVs.
Installing SS IPTV
So, after turning on the Internet connection, you can start setting up your IPTV. To do this, you need:
- In the settings menu, go to the “All applications” section.
- Launch the “Opera TV” application.
- In the program settings, enable the “Developer section”.
- Find and select the “Generate ID” option. Once the key is generated, write down or remember it.
- Next, you need to go and register on the publish.cloud.vewd.com website, indicating your email there.
- You will receive a letter with a link to this mail, you need to go to it.
- A window will open where you need to enter the TV model and ID-key.
- As soon as the data is entered, the TV will start syncing.
- After the end of pairing, go to the “Developer” section.
- There, select the item “URL Loader”, then enter app-ss.IPTV.com into the line.
- Finally, you need to agree to the user agreement, specify the country and provider.
Installation of SS IPTV is completed, now you can watch TV through the program, you do not need to purchase a set-top box.
How to connect to WI-FI
Thanks to Smart technology, Sony BRAVIA TV can be connected to a wireless network. This is done as follows:
- Press the “Home” button on the remote control.
- In the menu that appears, select the “Settings” item. “System settings”.
- Use the down arrow button on the remote control to scroll to Network. Then press the “OK” button.
- Next, select the “Network Settings” option and press the “OK” key again.
- Select the “Configure network connection” settings item.
- When prompted how you would like to set up your network, select “Specialist”.
- After that, click on “Wireless Setup”, then select “Wi-Fi Network” to check for available wireless networks.
- After a short pause, all available wireless networks (SSIDs) will be displayed. Select yours from the list and click “OK”.
- Enter your password in the access field.
- When the TV is successfully connected to the Internet, select “Exit network settings”.
Your Sony Bravia TV should now be connected to the internet wirelessly. Select Applications to test your connection. “Internet browser” and find something in the search engine.
Installing Smart TV on Sony Bravia
After purchasing a Sony Bravia Smart TV device, you need to carry out its preliminary configuration, which consists in connecting to the Internet. Without this, it will be impossible to use the functions of the smart TV. Usually, the whole process can be seen in a good instruction, the use of which will significantly speed up the setup process.
Using Smart TV on Sony TVs
All TV functionality on Sony Smart TVs is implemented through the Android operating system. This platform is extremely popular, so operating your TV will be intuitive. Using the capabilities of a TV will not be much different from using a regular smartphone. And you can even connect your Google account with the saved settings. Thus, the TV will be synchronized with other mobile devices.
Sony smart TVs allow you to watch any channels and programs in real time, as well as record them on removable media. Almost all models have a built-in browser that allows you to easily search the Internet and use social networks. If social networks are used constantly, you can additionally install the corresponding application.
TVs are equipped with webcams that will help you comfortably make video calls or even group conferences.
How to set up Smart TV on a Sony TV
Setting up Smart TV on a Sony TV in most cases comes down to the process of connecting the Internet to the TV. In this case, you can use a wired or wireless connection. In any case, the process will be simple if you already have a router. This will avoid the need to manually enter parameters when directly connecting the cable to the TV.
With a wired connection, you just need to connect the cable from the router to the corresponding port on the Sony Smart TV. Then, through the main menu, go to the “Network Settings” section and start the process of establishing a connection. If the check did not reveal any problems, then the connection will quickly be established. A message appears on the screen, after which you can start using the functions of the smart TV.
The Wi-Fi connection works in much the same way. The difference is that the TV will have to independently find the networks available for connection. The user selects the desired network, then he needs to enter the password and hold down the “Connect” button. In a few moments, the device will connect to the Internet and notify the user about it.
After connecting to the network, you need to find the item “Update Internet content” in the menu and start the corresponding process. The programs will receive the latest updates, and then a notification will appear on the screen that the TV is ready for use. It will not be superfluous to also update the firmware itself to the latest version. This will avoid numerous mistakes in the future.
When working with a smart TV, various problems can occur, which in most cases are associated with an outdated version of the operating system. Therefore, when errors are found, the update should be the first user action. And only if after it errors remain, it is worth resorting to other methods of repair.
Most of the problems arise precisely through the fault of the user, as manufacturers try to quickly correct all errors by constant firmware updates.
Smart TV Sony Bravia. TV capabilities
Sony Smart TV expands the capabilities of a conventional TV into a full-fledged multimedia center. In addition to the standard viewing of TV channels, the following options are now available to users:
- using Skype for video calls;
- the ability to communicate in social networks;
- playing music in high quality;
- use of various video hosting sites;
- installation of simple games, etc.
In addition to advanced functionality, the advantages also include an increased viewing angle, the ability to watch videos in high quality and no distortion, even with a dynamic image.
The sound in such models is also at a high level. Advanced surround sound technology immerses the viewer in the world of cinema. Many devices support playback of files from blu-ray discs containing high quality materials. Also TVs support HD channels.
Separately, it is worth highlighting the presence of additional technologies that significantly increase the usability of Smart TV. Most technology is present in all models, regardless of price or diagonal inches.
List of applications on Smart TV from Sony Bravia
As soon as the Internet is connected to the TV, it will immediately be possible to use all the functionality of the device. First of all, when you switch to Smart TV mode, a special window will appear.
In one part of this window there will be television channels, which can later be sorted by level of interest. The other part contains the installed applications available for use. Initially, this part will be empty or very few programs. To expand the capabilities of the device, you will need to install the appropriate software.
To do this, go to the All Applications tab by clicking the appropriate button at the bottom of the screen. A list of available channels and applications that you can install will appear. Among the popular programs, you can see various browsers, video hosting, music players, and the like.
How To: Set-up your new BRAVIA TV (Tutorial)
Traditional television channels will also be available, including both state and local ones. The TV provider Tricolor boasts a variety, perfect for use in smart TVs. Additionally, you can use the “Opera TV Store” program to improve the convenience of viewing channels. We should also mention the possibility of using online games.
Setting up and using Sony Smart TV
Televisions are no longer a simple device for watching channels. Now these are real multimedia centers that open up ample opportunities for users. Smart TV technology dramatically improves the usability of content directly from your TV. Leading manufacturer Sony also offers users its smart devices under the name Sony Bravia. Consider the procedure for setting up Smart TV Sony and the features of applications that can be installed on such devices.
Installing and configuring applications
The control of applications on Sony Bravia TVs is carried out by built-in programs. Before installing any new applications, it is recommended to update the previously installed ones in order to avoid various errors. You can update programs in the “Preferences” section by going to the “Internet Content Update” tab. The device will automatically connect to the company’s servers and deliver the latest versions. At this time, the user only needs to make sure that the power is not turned off or the Internet connection is not.
The device is easy to set up and quite convenient to operate. And an impressive margin of performance ensures that the TV will work great for a long time to be a flagship.