How to Set Up Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro
For owners of Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8 Pro, we’ll show you how to officially unlock your phone’s bootloader. Thanks to the fast support of Xiaomi developers, mods and custom firmware for the phone have already begun to appear. In addition, if you want to manually flash a smartphone to MIUI 11, you must first unlock the bootloader.
Since Redmi Note 8 is a budget device, these modified custom firmwares are always useful for improving smartphone performance. Before performing all actions, we recommend that you read the entire manual.
- This bootloader unlock guide is only for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 / Note 8 Pro. Please do not try to do this with any other models.
- Before proceeding, make sure that you back up all your data on the phone, as all data will be deleted.
- You will void your warranty by unlocking the bootloader.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 / Note 8 Pro
- USB cable
Step 1. Log in to your Mi account and go to http://en.Miui.Com/unlock to get permission to unlock your account. Make sure you have an account with mobile phone verification.
Step 2 After logging in, click “ Unlock » on the web page and then click “ Download Mi Unlock » on the page that opens.
Step 3. On your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 / Note 8 Pro, enable the developer options by going to “Settings » > “About Phone, and then continuously click on the MIUI version until will not appear pop-up window developer.
Step 4 In the main menu “Settings » click “Additional settings” > “Parameters Developer ». Browse until you see Mi Unlock Status, and then log in with the same account that you used to download the unlock tool to step 2.
Step 5. In the developer options, also enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
Step 6. Now put the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 / Note 8 Pro into FastBoot mode by first turning off its power and then turning it on while holding down the decrease buttons volume and buttons power supply. Hold until you see that your phone is loaded in Fastboot mode.
Step 7. Connect the Redmi Note 8 / Note 8 Pro to the computer.
Step 8. Unzip the previously downloaded program Mi unlock and run the program
Step 9. Now log in to your Mi account, which should now be configured on your smartphone, and wait for the verification process.
Step 10. Make sure that you have the drivers installed by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right corner, which allows you to view the status of installed utilities. If drivers are not installed, click Install.
Step 11. Next, click on Unlock. The program should start unlocking, and should also display the percentage of download status in real time. After the successful unlock process of the bootloader Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 / Note 8 Pro, the inscription appears Unlocked.
This is it! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 / Note 8 Pro bootloader is now unlocked!
It is well known that the phones of the Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi are running an Android system in the MIUI proprietary shell, which is quite different from the standard Android format. For example, the phone does not have a clearly defined menu with shortcuts to installed applications. Shell settings are also different. Because many people who first bought a smartphone Xiaomi Redmi 4, do not know how to configure the gadget correctly. So that this task does not cause you any difficulties, we will talk about the configuration features of Xiaomi Redmi 4.
- Making the initial settings
- Internet setting
- Camera setup
- Developer Rights
- Scanner Setup
Making the initial settings
As soon as you bought a smartphone, the device asks you to make the initial settings. Without them, Android simply won’t start. In this regard, Xiaomi gadgets are no different from phones running on a clean Android system.
You will need to choose a convenient interface design language, connect to a Wi-Fi network, which will later be considered home, specify the main mail profile, etc. This stage can be called mutual acquaintance. You see the phone for the first time, and he gets to know you, learning basic user information. Everything is very clear and simple here. You are asked basic questions that need to be given the same simple answers. In addition, system prompts are constantly issued. In a word, even if you did not have experience in setting up your phone, you are unlikely to get confused.
Video: How to Set Up Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro
The main thing is to approach the issue of filling out information responsibly. Often, users performed this task through their sleeves, and as a result, they had problems with further gadget settings. Therefore, do not rush, do everything sequentially, and success is inevitable.
One of the most important advantages of smartphones is Internet access with their help. If it turned out that during the initial setup you for some reason did not enter the Internet connection parameters, or this information was entered incorrectly, then do the following:
- Open the notification panel. We find the Wi-Fi icon and hold on it a finger for a couple of seconds.
- A menu of available connections will pop up. Choose your home network.
- Enter the password and log in to the system by pressing the button “To plug”.
If you need to configure the parameters of mobile Internet, you should enable the transfer of mobile data. The corresponding button is located in the same notification panel.
If you use two SIM cards at once, and the Internet needs to be turned on strictly on one of them, then you need to do the following:
- Go to the settings.
- We are looking for a parameter “SIM-cards and mobile networks”.
- At the very bottom of the list that appears, we find the option “The Internet”. Click on it.
- We indicate which SIM card the system should use to connect to the Internet by default.
Before I start using the phone, I always set up the camera. For most users of mobile gadgets, it is important how their devices can take pictures in various conditions. In order to best meet your expectations, be sure to pre-configure your phone. Chinese smartphones, including Xiaomi, provide extensive functionality for this. Some models have a dual camera module that allows you to beautifully blur the background if desired, as well as extensive zoom and photo editing options.
As with most other applications, in “Camera” all the most important parameters are changed through the corresponding item. “Settings”. In this case, it is the application item that is meant, and not the standard shortcut for the general settings of the smartphone. So, first of all, we advise you to make the following changes to the settings:
- Saving photos to an SD card. By default, photos will be saved in the internal memory of the smartphone, which is strictly limited. In order not to clog it, specify a memory card as the base storage location for the photo.
- High image quality. You can choose in what quality you want to take a photo. The higher the quality, the more energy the battery consumes and the longer the picture is processed. But if these parameters are not the most important for you, then feel free to increase the characteristics of the photo to the maximum.
- Aspect ratio. It is best to choose a 4: 3 ratio. This is a standard format that uses the entire useful area of the matrix.
- Sharpness. Here, focus on your own preferences. Someone values the maximum sharpness in photos, and sharpness is important for someone.
- Contrast and saturation. In these points, everything is also individual, but practice shows that optimal photos are obtained if you set the parameter “Normal”.
- Auto exposure. Set value “The average”. This will help improve dynamic range.
- Activate the grid. The item is useful for those who have problems with the horizon. Having decided to activate this option, you will always see in front of you the correct location of the horizon from the famous “golden section”.
Also do not forget to set up the video. The following important options are available:
- The quality of the recording. It’s best to choose Full HD or 4K, depending on the maximum performance your device supports. HD can suit you only if you like shooting in slow mo.
- Focusing. Install the CAF option. Implied continuous autofocus. If any other parameter is specified, then in the field of sharpness when shooting, not the desired object will remain, but only the selected area of the frame.
To use the manual focus option on Xiaomi, just click on the display in the place where you want to focus the camera.
Some important settings for Xiaomi phones become available to the user only after obtaining developer rights. Getting them is a snap. You need to go into the settings and find the item there “About the device”. Click on it and get into the next menu, where you need to click on the item 7 times “Firmware Version”. It may also be called “MIUI Version”. Having done this, you will see the message “You have received developer rights.”
Now, returning to the previous screen in the settings window, open “Additionally”, and we see that among the available options there is a new section called “For developers”. Going into it, you will see several new options. For example, the ability to debug via USB.
To use the fingerprint scanner to unlock the smartphone, you need to install a sample of your fingerprint. Do the following:
- We go in “Settings”.
- Click on “Lock screen and password”.
- Find item Password and Fingerprint. Also in Russian-language firmware this item may be called “Add Password”.
- Click on PIN.
- We invent a security code by entering it three times.
- When you have successfully entered the code, a slightly different menu will appear. In the center, you will see a circle very similar in shape to a fingertip. We attach to it any of the fingers, which in the future will unlock the phone. When the circle turns orange, you can remove your finger. This is a sign that the scan is finished, and you can check the scanner.
Remember: in the settings there are a lot of options in order to optimize the system according to your preferences. Do not be afraid to explore one or another parameter. As a result, it will affect your own convenience.