How to connect WhatsApp messenger to your device
Mobile app stores offer many social messengers to communicate. But if the choice is already made and almost all friends communicate in WhatsApp. it’s time to think about installing the application on your smartphone. Detailed sequential instructions on how to connect WhatsApp on your smartphone and computer are presented in this article.
Step-by-step instructions on how to download and install will include different steps depending on the type and operating system of the device: Android, iOS, Windows.
How to work with your profile in WhatsApp?
Sending text messages
Text messaging is the most important tool for communication on WhatsApp. And that’s why knowing how to write it and how to send it should be the first thing. For this you need:
- Start WhatsApp on your smartphone;
- Go to the Chats tab. Here is a list of chats already available. If the list is empty, move on to the next item;
- Specifically, go to the contacts tab. Here you have a list of users available for chatting. All you have to do is mark the one you want. and a chat with him or her will open immediately. Having typed the message, you can now click on the send button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
How to install WhatsApp
The first step in learning how to use WhatsApp is to install the app, this is done in just a few minutes. As mentioned above, the app is completely free and only requires a phone number and mobile device to register.
- Install the application from Play Market (Android) or App Store (iPhone).
- Launch the application and confirm the requested permissions.
- Enter your phone number and tap Confirm.
- Enter the verification code you received via SMS (WhatsApp can do this automatically).
- Import your existing contacts into the app (optional).
That’s it! Now you can write a message to any of your contacts who also have WhatsApp installed. You can also manually add contacts to WhatsApp if you don’t want to import your entire contact list.
How to use the WhatsApp mobile app
Contributor(s): Jack Lloyd. Jack Lloyd is an author and editor writing about technology for wikiHow. Have more than two years of experience in writing and editing on technical topics. Enthusiast of all things technology-related and an English teacher.
Number of views on this article: 389 404.
In this article, we’ll tell you how to install and use WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android smartphone. WhatsApp is a free messaging application that allows you to send messages or call other WhatsApp users when your smartphone is connected to a wireless or mobile data network.
Launch WhatsApp. Tap “Open” in your smartphone’s app store or tap the speech cloud icon with a handset inside on a green background. You can usually find the app icon on one of your desktops or in the app bar.
- You may have to allow WhatsApp to send notifications; to do so, tap “Allow”.
- On your Android smartphone, also tap “Allow”.
Tap on the message from WhatsApp. You’ll see “Your WhatsApp code is [# ##-#####]. You can also tap on this link to verify your phone:” (Your WhatsApp code [####. ###]. You can also use this link to verify your phone number:). This phrase is followed by a link.
Enter the code in the box. If the code you entered is correct, your phone number will be verified and you will be taken to the account creation page.
Setting up video calls
When video calling was first introduced, rare users knew how to set up a video call on WhatsApp on their phone. Luckily, now you don’t have to install a beta version from a third-party source or do anything else. everything is in a separate “Calls” tab. The big green button at the bottom lets you choose who you call.
After you click, you’ll open your contact list. the numbers in your address book that have a WhatsApp account.
Select the contact and tap on the camera icon. If you want to contact solely by voice, call on the handset.
Keep in mind that, firstly, the call will require quite a lot of Internet traffic (it is better to connect to Wi-Fi), and secondly, this function may not be available in some countries.
What is WhatsApp and why you need it
WhatsApp is a popular free system and an indispensable thing to quickly send text messages, as well as voice and video information. You need a basic internet connection. WatsApp is a real panacea for those who do not want to pay for digital communication. Calls and SMS in the application are free and unlimited.
There are no restrictions in regions and tariffs: it is possible to contact a person from another country. The messenger is also used to create group chats, where people can communicate using a large variation of emoticons and stickers.
Downloading, registering and logging in
The messenger is downloaded from the official googelplay marketplace, where it is freely available, i.e. free of charge. Android models that do not support Google services, install the application using APK files.
Step-by-step instructions on how to download and install:
- Open googleplay. Use the search bar to find the application. Click on the ‘download’ inscription.
- In the window asking for permission to access contacts and forward notifications, click on the inscription ‘allow’. You can also refuse to give access, but then you may have problems using the functionality of the application.
- In the field that appears, enter your phone number and click ‘next’.Then, a window requesting to confirm the number will appear, and the ‘ok’ button should be pressed. After obtaining a code consisting of six digits, you must enter it in the designated field.
- If the user has already installed the application, he will be offered to restore the saved chat history. In this case, the user agrees to the proposal. If this is the first time the installation is performed, click ‘skip’.
- A user account is created. Here you need to indicate your name and add a photo to your profile. Done.
Installation on Android devices like Samsung, and other phones, goes the same way.
In a situation where the Google Market is unavailable, the messenger is searched through the browser. In the search bar, you type in the name, and from the proposed list of sites you choose one. In the window that opens, click on the download button. After downloading, the apk-file is launched, through a special program. In order for the application to load, you must enter the item responsible for security in the settings of the device. Find the line with the unknown sources, and allow the download from third-party resources.
Using one Watsap for 2 devices
Some users sometimes need to use one messenger account on two devices. Unfortunately, the developers have not added the option to install watsap with one account on 2 devices, in the service settings. We will have to look for workarounds.
Option one, is to use the application and the web version of watsap. To do this, on the computer opens the WhatsApp web site. The messenger starts on your phone. Through the settings panel, select ‘WhatsApp Web’, and scan the graphic key that appears on the computer display. After synchronization, you can use the browser version of watsap on your computer or tablet.
The second way requires obtaining ROOT rights for both smartphones, and downloading a special third-party program.
If you want to install two applications on a phone with two SIM cards, then you will have to use either WhatsApp and WhatsApp-business, or use third-party applications that create clones of the messenger on one device, and allow you to use different numbers.
This tutorial will help the user to configure WhatsApp on the phone to his needs. Remember that the service does not have official extensions for using one watsap account in two applications. And by installing third-party software, the user compromises their security.