How to Set up TV on Samsung TV
Modern TVs greatly expand the ability to watch programs. Now these are not just television receivers, but real multimedia centers. The leading positions in this area are occupied by Samsung Smart TVs. But if you bother with the device for too long and cannot properly set up TV on Samsung Smart TV, then after studying this article, all the difficulties will be left behind.
- Features and specifications of Samsung Smart TV
- How to connect
- Wired LAN
- Wi-Fi wireless connection
- Connect using WPS
- Using Plug Technology & Access
- Register and create an account
- How to install applications
- How to find and configure channels
Features and specifications of Samsung Smart TV
Samsung Smart TV is not just a TV, but an advanced multi-functional platform. It includes advanced features for viewing various content. Much more this system resembles a traditional computer or smartphone.
Here you can easily use social networks, watch videos and install various applications. It is these features that make smart technology so popular.
The main functions of Smart TV include:
- The implementation of digital television;
- The ability to play content from external sources;
- Implementation of search over the Internet;
- Installation of various programs and applications;
- Watch YouTube
- Video calls via Skype or other systems.
How to connect
Setting up Samsung Smart TV is not possible without an internet connection. This is the only way to use all the functions of the TV. Without the Internet, buying a device is impractical. Consider the methods of connecting TVs of different series to the network.
This method is to directly connect the TV to an external modem. To do this, use a standard Ethernet cable. Most often, this method is used for 5 series TVs that do not use wireless modules.
Connection can be carried out not only through a modem, but also directly through a network outlet. It is better to know in advance about the possibility of such a connection, since it depends on the specific settings of the TV.
Depending on whether the dynamic or static home network, the connection is a little different. For a dynamic network, modems and routers with support for appropriate technologies are used. Often they automatically set all the necessary parameters.
To implement a connection to a dynamic network, do the following:
- Go to the “Network Settings” section;
Select the line “Cable”;
- See the verification process.
Upon completion of the test, the network will be configured. We implement this approach in devices with support for the DHCP system.
Wi-Fi wireless connection
To implement a wireless connection, you will need a device that supports this data transfer. TVs of the 7th series are already almost all equipped with the necessary equipment. But sometimes you may additionally need an external WiFi adapter that connects directly to the TV. This is necessary for those models in which this component is not integrated.
The TV needs to be connected to a wireless IP device (modem or router). If there is support for DHCP, then you can use this protocol and automatically configure the connection.
It is important to select a free channel for the TV, since the use of one channel by two devices will lead to interruptions and interference.
If you need to connect a WiFi adapter, it is recommended that you first turn off the TV. After connecting the device, it can be turned on. In this case, you can observe some distortion of the image, which can be removed after a detailed setup of the connection. You can also use the extension cord, which will help to place the adapter in a place protected from interference.
Rectangular USB adapters are widely used, which make it easy to organize an access point. This adapter connects to the Samsung Wireless LAN Port at one end and the USB port at the other.
An extension cable can also be used. It connects to a USB port and to a Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter. The adapter itself in this case can be mounted on the back of the TV.
After all the manipulations, you will need to proceed to the direct setup of the TV. An important place in this case is allocated to the account protection system and the network as a whole. For security, a security code is used, which should be as complex as possible. Otherwise, protecting the network from penetration will not be easy.
As a password, a combination of letters and numbers is used.
It is recommended to use letters of different case. A password is entered during the initial setup of the wireless network, and then each new connected device must use the network with this password.
Its useful to note. What if the connection speed is lower than 10 Mbps, then there may be problems with automatic configuration. In this case, manual entry of parameters may be required.
After that, the connection will be configured and you can begin to use the functionality of the device.
Connect using WPS
It is widely used to connect devices through the WPS function. In order to implement such a connection, you need to do the following:
- Go to the “Network Settings” section;
- Select the “WPS” position;
- Press the corresponding button with the WPS mark on the router and hold for about 2 minutes;
- At this time, the TV will receive all the necessary settings and enter them in the appropriate fields.
Thus, one button sends all the information to the TV and implements automatic configuration of the wireless network. When setup is complete, the network test screen appears. This means that the connection has taken place.
Video: How to Set up TV on Samsung TV
Using Plug Technology & Access
If the modem or router supports the Plug function & Access, you can use it to set up a wireless connection. To do this, you must:
- Insert the storage device into the USB port on the router (if the light blinks, then there is access to the network);
- Now the device is removed from the router and inserted into the TV;
- Immediately after that, the device will begin to transmit the necessary information and establish a connection automatically.
If the network check screen appears, the setup is completed successfully.
If the settings of the router change during the use of the devices, you must repeat the procedure to update the data.
Register and create an account
Before using all the features of Smart TV, you need to create a Samsung account. This is a fairly simple procedure that does not take much time. To create a stable Internet connection at a speed of at least 20 Mb / s. Otherwise, the data transfer may be delayed or not occur at all.
- Turn on the TV and press the “SMART” button on the remote control;
- In the list of applications you need to select “SMART HUB”;
- In the application, select “Create an account”;
After accepting the “Terms of Service Agreement”, the account creation window will appear;
In the corresponding field, you will need to enter the login and password using the virtual keyboard;
- Now you need to click “OK”;
Now you can use the created account. The TV will enter and allow you to use the full range of functions.
How to install applications
Smart TV allows you to use a huge number of different applications that significantly expand the functionality of the TV. But before using, they must first be found and installed.
Application installation order:
- Using the button on the remote, go to the menu;
- Among the list of programs we find Samsung Apps and select;
- Among the programs we find the necessary and select it;
- A window with the “Install” button appears, which you need to click;
- The application will begin to install.
Typically, installation is done in seconds. Immediately after that, the desired program will appear in the list and will be available for use.
How to find and configure channels
The main function of the TV is always the transmission of channels. In order to start using television, you need to connect a signal source to the device. It can be an analog cable, digital or satellite dish. Then you need to configure the channels on the Samsung Smart TV as follows:
- Open the menu;
- Go to the “All settings” section;
- Select “Channels”;
Select the type of channel search (automatic / manual);
- Run a search.
In the process of automatic search, the device will find all available TV channels and place them in the appropriate places. If for any reason the desired channel was not found, then you will have to apply a manual search.
Setting up Smart TV is not a very difficult task that everyone can deal with. The necessary information is indicated in the instruction manual, but you can also use third-party sources.
In the article below, we will understand in detail how to set up channels on a Samsung TV. Samsung is a reliable manufacturer of quality equipment. However, proper receiver setup requires some knowledge to independently configure the reception of HD channels using the remote control.
How to prepare your TV for channel tuning
Fine tuning of channels on a Samsung TV is only possible if the TV and all its components are connected correctly. For proper installation of the receiver, you must follow the instructions for use. Below is an example of the correct connection of the Samsung 6 Series model:
- For terrestrial or cable television.
The antenna is connected to the jack in the ANT receiver through a special cable with a resistance of 75 Ohm. The user will receive an analog signal.
- For cable or satellite TV, Blu-ray, game console or laptop.
You will need to connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI jack.
- For online use and software updates.
Requires a wireless connection using a regular Wi-Fi router. Any of Samsung’s SMART models supports Wi-Fi connectivity. For a wired connection, you need to insert the Internet cable into the LAN port on the back of the TV.
- To view paid channels.
It is required to install CI or CI cards. It is necessary to remove the protective film and turn off the TV, place the adapter in two holes located next to the COMMON INTERFACE port.
How to set up digital channels on Samsung Smart TV
The latest receiver models receive and display the highest quality television signal. Almost every latest TV model has Smart features. However, many still can not independently figure out the parameters of Smart-TV. Setting up digital channels on a Samsung TV does not require serious skills. Any user can handle it.
You can adjust the channels in this way on older models of Samsung E-series TVs. To get the channel pool on older receiver models, you need to know how to manually configure the channels on the Samsung TV. To do this, follow the following algorithm of actions:
- On the control panel, press “Menu”.
- Go to the “Channel” tab.
- Select the “Antenna” item and replace it with “Cable”.
- We go to the menu item “Country”, enter the password “0000”, select “Russia”. If the country is not on the list. “Eastern Europe”.
- We follow in the section of cable connection parameters. If there is no such item in the main menu, then you can search for it in the automatic settings (on some Samsung TVs such settings are set).
- Going into the cable parameters, you need to set the parameters: start frequency. 298000 KHz, end frequency. 362000 KHz. Other settings are not required to be changed.
- We open the auto-tuning and select the type of received TV channels (digital, analog, satellite).
- A search engine opens. We set the “Network” parameter, click “Search”. Automatic channel tuning starts.
- All found channels will be saved in the general list, but the TV will show only those channels that the user selects.
- Unnecessary can be deleted by selecting the appropriate items in the drop-down menu.
Setting up digital channels on Samsung TV is quite simple, does not require special training. Even an inexperienced user can install the equipment and adjust the TV channels by spending about 10 minutes on mastering the instructions. Subject to all the rules for installing and debugging the pool of digital TV channels, the image received on the screen will be of high quality.
On modern models, you do not need to press buttons and tune channels manually. Setting up Samsung TV channels from the control panel to Smart TV will take a couple of minutes with minimal effort from the user. The new TV series receive a signal through a special tuner plugged into the antenna connector. Auto tuning is done in a few taps.
How to adjust TV channels on Smart TV
Press the “Menu” button on the remote control.
- Select “Broadcast”.
- Two windows will open sequentially, in each of which you need to select “Auto tuning”.
- Click “Start”, select the search mode. “Full”.
- The program itself will select the available digital channels in a single list.
If at the end of the auto-tuning the digital TV channels are of poor quality or do not appear at all, you need to check the correct connection of the equipment and go to all points from the very beginning.
These methods are universal for setting up a pool of TV channels on Samsung TVs of different versions. If you have any difficulties, contact Samsung Service Centers for assistance.