Download Tvigle on LG TV
The popular app ForkPlayer, designed as a multifunctional program for smart TVs, is now installed more often than online movie theaters and streaming video portals. Installing ForkPlayer on LG Smart TV allows you to watch many TV channels on these TVs for free. With this widget you can watch videos, movies, clips, listen to music news.
Connect other devices to your TV or use your home network. All gadgets will also be able to stream video content in good quality. Other programs can perform these functions. However, with ForkPlayer there is no need to switch from one application to another. This widget will replace several softwares at once for a comfortable viewing of content. Let’s consider how to install it on LG brand devices.
What you need this widget for
Not everyone knows that this application can be installed on any TV or other device with Smart TV support, regardless of its brand. This program allows you to search for movies in a convenient online mode in public sources. Thus, each user will be able to access content of the most diverse subjects, this service is completely free, while it does not matter how the connection will be carried out. You can do this with a simple flash drive or over the Internet.
Modern “smart” TV offers all users a huge number of opportunities to obtain content and information, for this reason, the presence of special applications is a must. Forkplayer has become particularly famous, because through this media player you can easily access an extensive list of TV channels on any topic for free. It is also designed to watch movies, videos, listen to music online and from any media connected to the TV.
Common features of the utility
Smart TV plays many TV channels and movies from the Internet. The Forkplayer app for LG extends these capabilities. Major additions include:
- Easily set a parental viewing mode to control the TV shows your kids watch.
- Independent search of the similar by interests and queries content on the Internet.
- Expanded Playlist capabilities with music and clips.
- Show hidden pages on VK or other social networks.
- Detailed instructions on how to use the application. no need to open any unnecessary sites to understand the work of the utility.
In fact, with ForkPlayer any Smart TV becomes almost a fully-featured computer. And the main thing is that this application is completely free for any owner of LG technics.
What can ForkPlayer do
The current version of the software for summer 2020 is 2.5. In fact, it’s a browser adapted to work on Smart TV. It converts content from the web (web pages, streaming video) into its format with the help of executable scripts and outputs it to the TV screen. The software has the following functions:
- work with playlists XML, M3U (ready-made or generated by the user);
- playback of files from connected devices;
- Creating tabs to save data and after restarting to continue playback from the same place;
- searching for information by keywords;
- setting up the appearance of the program;
- return to the previous section. through a special button;
- Displaying search progress and content downloads.
For your information! In addition to the above, the application has another interesting option. if the desired data already appears in the search results, you can interrupt it by pressing the “Return” button. Please note, however, that application features depend on the Smart-TV receiver model and installed operating system version.
Installing on LG
When adding the ForkPlayer app, take into account the year of manufacture of your device and the system installed on it. For LG TVs produced since 2010 with WebOS or Netcast, the following instructions will do:
- Open the main menu.
- Go to Smart TV Internet connection settings.
- Select “DNS server”.
- Enter value 126.96.36.199.
- Save your configuration.
If ForkPlayer does not appear in the application list after entering this DNS, try turning SmartTV off and then on again. Or enter a different address:
Depending on the address, different applications are installed. If 188.8.131.52 adds ForkPlayer directly, then 184.108.40.206 puts the unofficial ForkStore, from which you will have to download the player itself.
If you set up ForkPlayer on LG TVs with WebOS or Netcast 2.0-4.5 then follow the steps below:
- Open the TV settings and click on the “Network Connection” tab.
- Select the method used to connect the device to the Internet.
- Select an access point or network from the list.
- Click on the “Advanced Settings” button.
- Select the manual DNS entry tab.
- Enter 220.127.116.11.
An error message may appear on the screen when connecting to DNS. Do not worry. Wait a few minutes and reconnect. If the error pops up again, turn off the Smart TV and turn it on again. To launch the application after the connection is established, open the “Premium” tab and select the vTuner widget, Russia TV or First Automotive.
ForkPlayer can also be installed on LG from a flash drive, but in this case its abilities will be significantly limited, and in order to expand them you will have to install the RemoteFork program and then activate it on the TV.
Since you’ve decided to expand your multimedia library on your Smart TV, check out what other free apps you can install: we’ve thoughtfully prepared a selection.
This is interesting: Error: “Not enough memory” on LG Smart TVs when watching videos on the built-in browser
How to install forkplayer for LG Smart TV
The owner of the equipment chooses one of three simple methods of using the utility on TV. The easiest way to change the DNS, if you have Net Cast OS installed on your TV. If the option does not allow you to download the program, then use alternative ways:
If you still have questions or complaints. let us know
Installing by changing DNS
To install forkplayer on LG Smart TV on the LG device, you should turn on the Smart TV folder and follow:
- press the “Connect to internet” button;
- look for the folder “Connection settings” and the function “DNS server”;
- in a new tab enter the combination 85.17.30. 88 to download;
- Second option. insert digits 18.104.22.168 to open the software in the electronic store ForkStore;
- Use the information, based on the type of DNS.
The first way
Owners of LG Smart TV devices that have WebOS or Netcast, which are on sale from early 2011 to today, have the following instructions:
- turn on the main TV menu on WebOS;
- start the section to connect the set-top box to the home Wi-Fi;
- then click on the line “Service DNS”;
- in a new line, you must enter one of the options of DNS;
- when entering the combination 22.214.171.124 opens the ForkPlayer widget;
The second way
You own an LG Netcast Smart TV with WebOS or Netcast? Downloading the utility is via a DNS change:
- Open the settings in the TV and the “Network connection” folder;
- Next, click on the connection method to the TV and wi-fi;
- For direct connection, click on the desired item;
- Define the available access points;
- Click the “Advanced Settings” button;
- On the line that opens, enter the IP DNS;
How to update the firmware on your Samsung Smart TV through the Internet and a flash drive
Installing ForkPlayer on LG webOS via developer IDE
Another method to download forkplayer for LG Smart TV is to use the adapted development environment. The method does not require you to enter a new DNS value. Also doesn’t need flash drive. Basic steps to boot:
- download the current version of Java for OS;
- Enter the latest version of the webOS TV SDK;
- If you get a Git error, download the latest version of the application;
- Authorize your account on the webOS TV site;
- Connect PC and TV to your home Wi-Fi;
- Then run the TV settings.
Next, run the “Settings” TV. To do this, turn on the Smart TV and proceed to the execution:
- Choose Developers Mode from the LG Content Store;
- open the platform and register in the system;
- turn on Dev Mode and Key Server options.
Install from flash drive
It is possible to get ForkPlayer from an external drive. It is important to keep in mind that the media content will not be in full. To get all the options, you need to download Remote ForkPlayer to your device. The function is activated in the Smart TV settings.
- Download the file and unzip it to flash drive.
- enter your account located on your Smart TV system.
- insert a flash drive.
- Then click on the “Home” button;.
- download the software on the TV, then on the device with the application.
This option is for LG equipment that is on the market since 2009., as well as for devices with Netcast:
- save the archive and move it to an external drive, unzip it.
- Open LG Smart TV page.
- Find “My apps” folder.
- click on the USB section.
- click on the ForkPlayer line.
Install via a DNS change
Setting up ForkPlayer by changing your DNS is the easiest and fastest way to install this widget on your Smart TV. The only thing you need for this is an internet connection and a correctly entered IP address.
Samsung Smart TV of 2010-2014 model years
To configure this widget on your Samsung Smart TV and access your playlists, you will need:
- Go to Smart Hub;
- Log in by entering your login or password or, if you have not yet registered, by typing “develop” as your login. In this case, the column with the password must be left blank;
- Click on Tools and go to the development tab;
- In the list that appears, select “Setting the server IP address”;
- You will see a window in which you need to enter the address of the DNS server;
- After that you will need to click on the button “Synchronize user applications” and wait for its completion. As a result, the ForkPlayer widget will work and you will be able to create your own playlists, view ready-made playlists and watch your favorite videos on the Internet.
LG Smart TV
To set up ForkPlayer on your LG Smart TV, you need to:
- In the TV settings, select “Network connection;
- Next, you will need to go to “DNS Server”;
- You will see a window in which you must manually enter the address of the DNS server;
- After that, you’ll need to go to the “Premium” section. Here you need to run the application Russia TV, Radio, First Automobile, vTuner, or, if you enter a new DNS, the application Accu weather. This will launch the ForkPlayer widget and you can watch your favorite videos.
However, this option has some nuances that may arise during the installation process. If you can not find any of the above applications, then make sure that the TV settings are Russia or Ukraine. If running them, ForkPlayer still doesn’t work and you can’t access the playlists, then you need to figure out what the problem is and solve it another way.
DNS for LG Smart TV
If you decide to install the program by changing the DNS, you must take into account that not every address can be suitable for you and your model of Smart TV. In general, to configure the program to work correctly, you can try to prescribe the following DNS:
To make closed sections, which can only be opened by changing the DNS, more convenient to work with, you can go to the settings of the ForkPlayer app for Smart TV and connect RemoteFork. You will also need to install the Remote ForkPlayer application on your computer. This way it will be much more convenient to work with the application.
Installing by changing DNS
There are several ways to configure the program ForkPlayer on TVs from LG supporting the Smart TV function, and one of them is to set it via a change of DNS. You should take into account the year of manufacture of the TV and its operating system. Depending on these nuances, the setup instructions will also differ.
So, if you have a TV Smart TV from LG, running the operating system WebOS or Netcast, which was released starting in 2010 to date, the instructions to configure it by changing the DNS will be.
- Go to the TV menu on WebOS;
- Go to the tab responsible for configuring the Smart TV connection to the Internet;
- Select the “DNS Server” option;
- In the window that appears enter one of the following DNS addresses. Note, that depending on the DNS address, a certain program will be launched. So, if you enter 126.96.36.199, then the ForkPlayer program itself starts. If you enter the DNS address 188.8.131.52. the unofficial ForkStore will launch, which will include the app.
- If you have entered the DNS.79.190.156, in the window that appears you will need to go to the “Premium” section. You will be able to find and launch Rossiya Television, First Automotive, Radio, or vTuner in it.
The second way
If you have an LG Netcast Smart TV with the operating system WebOS or Netcast version 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 or 4.5, then the process of installing the widget through the change of DNS will be as follows:
- Go to the network settings on your WebOS TV and click on the Network Connection tab;
- After that, you need to select the method by which the Smart TV was connected to the Internet: wired or wireless;
- If you are connected via wire and select the appropriate item, you will see an entry in front of you saying that the network is connected;
- Next, you will need to select a list of access points or networks;
- After that you will need to click on the Advanced Settings button;
- On your screen you will see the connection settings, where you should go to the manual DNS IP address entry tab;
- Here you will need to enter the DNS number 184.108.40.206;
- If the TV with the WebOS operating system is connected via a Wi-Fi network, you need to select the wireless type of connection and enter a password to connect to the Internet;
- After Smart TV will connect to the Internet, you will also need to select advanced settings in the list of networks;
- Now enter the DNS IP address;
- You will get a message on your screen, saying that you have an error connecting to the DNS server. Do not worry about this. You should just wait a couple of minutes and reconnect. After that everything should work. If not, try disconnecting and reconnecting the Smart TV.
- When everything is working, press the “Done” button;
- To run the application, you need to go to the “Premium” tab, find and run Russia TV, vTuner or First Car.
In order to work with the application was more convenient, install Remote ForkPlayer on your computer, laptop or smartphone and activate RemoteFork in the TV settings.
What can go wrong. errors after installation
Despite the popularity and stability of the fork player for LG TV, errors can occur after installation. They are related to the IP television technology itself, which is considered new. Let’s find out how to eliminate them.
Sometimes black screen appears after settings, when playing any IPTV. This is a software failure, which also entails the loss of volume. Appears because of:
- Owner of TV opened a hidden playlist or inactive IPTV. About 1000 pages are blocked every day, so it is worth going to “Settings” and look at the connection statuses before launching.
- Wrong player format selected. Enough to go to “Settings” and change the player type. Then, refresh the page with services.
Large number of blocked pages caused by a huge amount of created video on IPTV. Every day people make different recordings, trying to illegally broadcast them via interactive television. Such resources and are blocked.
Tip. In order not to get to the blocked tabs, it is better to use the “General rating” tab, where the list of working channels is placed.
Black screen instead of video
Appears when viewing media content. Causes. there are codecs on the page, which does not play the TV. And also the player format is incorrectly set, which is changed in the settings. Often a simple reboot of the device helps.
Important! Forkplayer on LG is a utility that helps you to open a bigger list of commands and increase the functionality of your Smart TV. It does not affect the internal settings of the “smart” TV. Therefore, when software crashes appear, it is worth checking the basic Smart TV settings, rather than trying to immediately remove the application, blaming the problems on it