How To Set Up Asus Wi-Fi Router
After the performed manipulations, you need to make sure that everything is done correctly and the Internet connection is working. To do this, launch any of the browsers installed on the PC. In its address bar, enter rambler.Ru and press Enter. After that, the loading of the web page should start. If this did not happen and Wi-Fi does not work on the ASUS laptop, then we check the status of the account balance. In most cases, in the absence of funds, providers block access to the global web. If this is not the problem, then we check the settings made at each of the stages, and only then contact the operator and consult with him about the causes of possible malfunctions.
Enabling Wi-Fi on an ASUS laptop requires drivers to control this adapter. To do this, go to the “Start” menu, then. “Control Panel”. In it we find the “Device Manager”. In it, we check for the presence of an exclamation or question mark next to its name. If they are not there, then everything is fine, so this stage can be skipped. Otherwise, you need to download the drivers from the manufacturer’s official website and install them so that all these icons disappear. In some cases, an additional reboot of the PC may be required. Do not forget about it, we do it without fail.
The next step is to configure Wi-Fi on your ASUS laptop properly. To do this, click on the network connections logo on the taskbar in the lower right corner (most often this is a monitor with a red screen). A list of available wireless connections will open. In the upper right corner of this screen there is a button “Update” (it shows 2 blue arrows). It is on it that you need to click with the right mouse button. After that, it starts scanning for available wireless networks. At the end of this operation, the list must be updated. Our network appeared in it, the name of which was set earlier at the stage of configuring the router. We click on it. In response, a window should appear in which we enter the password. Then we wait to receive the network address. This will be indicated by a change in the icon of wireless networks. Right away, it will look like a brown and transparent staircase, and then it will become white and opaque. After that, you can proceed to the next stage.
Setting up a router
If you do not know how to turn on Wi-Fi on an ASUS laptop, you need to understand the rules for setting up the router. If you have a configured and already working network router, you can skip this section. So, first you need to connect the router. For this, it is installed near the laptop. Another important condition is the availability of a free outlet for organizing its power supply. We immediately connect the twisted pair cable that comes with it to the laptop. We install the power supply into an outlet, and its wire with a pin into the router. We turn on the laptop and router. After the download of the mobile PC is complete, launch any browser and enter “192.168.X.1” in its address bar. Instead of “x” on some models, enter “1”, and on others. “0”. We carefully look at the documentation and find the information we need. Then press Enter. In response to this action, a request will appear in which you need to enter your username and password. They also need to be found in the documentation for the router. Next, we set the parameters of the “incoming” connection. This information is in the contract, which is concluded with the provider, and the place for their input is found in the instruction manual for the router. Also, with the help of it we find items on the name of the network, password and encryption method. We set the first two of them at our discretion, but the last one must be set to WPA2 (provides the highest degree of protection). Then everything turns off, the circuit is disassembled. The router is installed in its place of permanent deployment. An input wire from the provider and a power supply are connected to it. At the next stage, it turns on.
So how to enable Wi-Fi on any ASUS laptop? First, let’s figure out what it is and why it is needed. Today, data transmission can be carried out in two ways: using a twisted pair and without wires. The standard we are interested in refers to the latter. Nowadays, most electronic devices are equipped with such an adapter. Not only laptops and netbooks, but also smartphones, phones and tablets. The list goes on and on. Such a computer network is implemented as follows. Its connecting link is a router, to which the incoming wire from the provider is connected. It contains an adapter. Source that allows other devices, including a laptop, to connect to the wireless network. In turn, the mobile PC has a network card that receives data from the router. This statement is true before obtaining a network address. As soon as it is received, the transfer of information goes in two directions at once.
Now let’s figure out how to enable the Wi-Fi adapter in hardware. Some ASUS models are equipped with a special switch that allows you to completely turn off this adapter. Its location on the laptop case may be different, so you need to look at the documentation for it. This toggle switch must be set to the On position. The second important point is the key combination that allows you to turn it off as well. It consists of the Fn keyboard layout switch and one of the function keys (with the Wi-Fi logo on it). By pressing them at the same time, you can turn off or turn on the wireless network card. The status indicator of this device is the corresponding LED. If it is on or flashing, then the adapter is active. Otherwise, to activate it, you must press the key combination again. Another important nuance that needs to be taken into account is the availability of drivers. This will be described a little later in this article.
In some cases, it is necessary to enable Wi-Fi on an ASUS laptop using the “BIOS”. Since such an option can be located in completely different sections of the menu, it is SIMply impossible to do without an operating manual. We find this item in it. Then, when loading or rebooting the laptop, go to the basic settings. Next, we find the item of interest to us. It must be set to Enabled without fail. If this is not the case, then change it using the appropriate keys.
How to turn on Wi-Fi on an Asus laptop. Wi-Fi not working on Asus laptop
This article describes step by step how to enable Wi-Fi on an ASUS laptop for a novice user. Experience shows that this is not as difficult as it seems at first glance. It is enough just to carefully follow the instructions given in the framework of this material. And you should definitely succeed. The connection procedure is as follows:
- Configuring the router.
- Installing hardware switches.
- Parameterization of “BIOS”.
- Driver check.
- Connecting to a wireless access point.
- Testing the network.
It is in this order that the presentation of the material will be built to SIMplify the setup.
Within the framework of this article, it was described how to enable Wi-Fi on an ASUS laptop of various models for a novice user. If you follow the instructions given earlier, then you can easily and SIMply solve the problem. There is nothing difficult in this, everyone can cope with such a task, regardless of their level of training.
How to set up a Wi-Fi router at home yourself: connection tricks.
Greetings, our dear readers. In the modern world, almost everyone is faced with Wi-Fi routers. The Internet is firmly established in our lives. Sometimes you have to connect and configure it yourself, let’s find out how to configure a Wi-Fi router yourself.
First of all, we need this:
- Availability of a wired Internet connection;
- PC or laptop;
- Wireless router;
- Network card connection cable.
After that, proceed to setting up the Wi-Fi connection.
Open the Wireless / Wi-Fi tab or something SIMilar. In the tab of the basic settings of the wireless network, we need to specify:
- Connection type
- Network mode
- Wireless network name SSID
The type of connection is set based on the data in the contract, most often as “Access point”. Sometimes this parameter is SIMply not there.
How to set up a Wi-Fi router at home yourself: connection tricks.
Set the network mode as b / g / n or g / n mixed. The bottom line is that, depending on the network mode, devices with different Wi-Fi standards can work in it. So if you have an old phone or laptop, then it will not be able to connect to modern Wi-Fi. If you have a modern device, then it is capable of working in most standards.
Set the name of the wireless network as desired. This is the name of your Wi-Fi for connection, for example “My_WiFay”.
How to set up a Wi-Fi router at home yourself: connection tricks.
The channel can be left auto.
And at the final stage of setting up Wi-Fi on the router, we turn to the security settings. Here you need to do the following:
- Choosing the type of encryption WPA2-PSK,
After that, we try to connect to Wi-Fi from a phone or tablet and check the functionality. Next, you need to correctly change the settings of the network card in order to connect the laptop to the network.
Connecting via the web interface.
Nowadays, almost all network routers are managed using the web interface. Therefore, it is worth considering the question of how to set up a Wi-Fi router at home through a computer browser. To use the program, you must first enter it.
To this end, we do the following:
- Open IE or any other browser;
- Drive in http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar;
In the address bar, enter the address of the router
Setting up a Wi-Fi router.
How to properly configure the Internet via a Wi-Fi router for home? The equipment must be connected first. It is the same for all routers, for clarity, everything is clear in the photo.
Wi-Fi router connection
And sometimes manufacturers just draw a diagram on the modem itself. Very convenient and understandable.
How to set up a Wi-Fi router at home yourself: connection tricks.
Here’s what we need to do:
- To do this, insert the power supply cord into the router.
- Next, the provider’s cable should be inserted until a characteristic click into one of the ports on the device, which differs in a different color from the rest.
- We connect our laptop or desktop computer to any of the remaining LAN ports.
So they connected it. Next, you need to make some small settings.
Setting basic parameters.
In the Wan tab / Basic settings / General settings (or something SIMilar), you need to set the following parameters:
- Connection type
- Username and password
- IP parameters
- Connection mode
Currently, in most cases, the PPPoE connection type is used, for clarification, you can find out from the contract with the provider or in the support service.
Set the connection type
Sometimes there is no such parameter, more often the required type of connection is automatically connected there, if not found, skip.
We enter the username and password from the documents provided at the conclusion of the contract.
Leave IP parameters Disable, or Dinamic IP, depending on the conditions provided by the operator.
We set the connection mode to Auto so that the devices can connect to it automatically and at any time. And don’t forget to save the settings! =)
Configuring the network card
To fully answer the question, they say, how to set up a Wi-Fi router, we still need to properly configure the network card itself. You can perform manipulations in the “Network Connections” menu.
- The easiest way to get into it is through entering the parameters of the network adapter through the command line, using the WinR key combination, after that by executing the ncpa.Cpl command.
Open the network adapters settings folder
Or just go to the network parameters; Go to network settings Go to network settings
Go to network settings
Next, you should open the properties of the connection that interests us;
Network connection properties
After that, you need to go to the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4)”;
In protocol properties 4
Where is it worth putting a checkmark in front of the IP and DNS items, allowing in this way to automatically receive them.
We put everything on the car
So we figured out how to set up a Wi-Fi router (Wi-Fi) without a disk using the web interface. That’s all for me, leave your comments or questions below, subscribe to our group, bye everyone.
How to properly configure a Wi-Fi router
In the article on how to create a local area network, we gave recommendations on where is the best place to install a Wi-Fi router. When a place is chosen, and this place is most likely near a stationary computer, then this computer needs to be connected to the router using a twisted pair (network cable), which comes with all models of routers. If the location of the Wi-Fi router is not near the computer, then in any case, the initial configuration of the router must be done via an Ethernet connection. A cable.
When the router is connected to a computer or laptop, you need to go to the router settings menu. The router settings menu is made in the form of a site, so you shouldn’t have any difficulties with it. In order to open the settings of the router, you must enter the local address of the router in the address bar of the browser: “192.168.1.1”. Before entering the system, enter your username and password to access the settings menu. Login and password are the same: “admin”. The router menu will look something like the one shown in the picture below.
Re-flashing the router for quality work
To begin with, it is worth saying a few words about the firmware. For experienced users, we would advise you to reflash the Wi-Fi router, since in the vast majority of cases the standard firmware of routers is not fresh, and therefore there may be some flaws in them. To fix this, we recommend reflashing the router to improve the quality of the Wi-Fi network and the operation of the router.
Setting up an Internet connection and Wi-Fi network
First, you need to configure the WAN connection, that is, configure the router to connect to the provider, so that the router receives Internet traffic.
WAN connection type. To set up your router. Open the “Network” section and the “WAN” category. In the WAN connection settings, you must set the type of your Internet connection. As a rule, most modern ISPs use Dynamic IP, for which you do not need to enter settings. If your provider uses a PPPoE connection, then you need to select the appropriate item in the menu and enter the settings for its connection, specifying the username and password. For a static IP address, you must also select the appropriate connection type and enter the following settings: IP address, subnet mask and default gateway.
Now let’s move on to setting up a Wi-Fi network. Go to the section “Wireless” (Wireless), where set the following settings.
- Network name. The network name means the name of your Wi-Fi router, which will be displayed in the list of devices for Wi-Fi connection. The name of the router must be unique, because otherwise, if there are 2 Wi-Fi routers with the same names in the same coverage area, this can lead to problems with access to the wireless network. Having come up with a unique name for the router, we proceed to choosing a communication channel.
- Wi-Fi channel. Here you need to select the channel through which the Wi-Fi signal will be transmitted. All routers can work in 13 channels, but you only need to choose one. It is important to note that if a large number of devices work on one Wi-Fi channel, then there may be interruptions in access to Wi-Fi. And also a drop in speed. Most often, users set the automatic channel selection by the router, but this can cause problems. We recommend checking the number of Wi-Fi routers that are available in your apartment, if there are few of them, then leave the automatic channel selection, if there are many. Install manually. We recommend to set the channel from 10th to 13th, as these channels are used less often.
- Transfer mode. Wi-Fi has its own data transfer modes. Today there are several Wi-Fi standards: a, b, g, n, ac. The most used is the “n” standard, but only install that. We do not recommend it, since devices that do not support this standard SIMply will not connect to a Wi-Fi network. Therefore, we recommend setting the parameter: “b / g / n”.
- The type of data encryption. For the security of data transmission, encryption is used. There are several types of Wi-Fi encryption. Unlike data transfer mode, you can choose only one type of encryption, so devices that do not support the latter type of encryption will not be able to connect to Wi-Fi. In turn, we recommend using the encryption type: WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK. If all your devices support it, that is very good, since it is the most reliable. If some Wi-Fi devices do not support it, then you will have to set the encryption type to WEP.
- Data transfer rate. As for the data transfer speed, we recommend that you set the maximum allowed speed by the router.
- Wi-Fi password. Well, the last thing you need to pay attention to is the password. The Wi-Fi password should be as complex as possible so that it cannot be guessed. We recommend using letters, numbers and specials in the password. Symbols.
How to set up a Wi-Fi router?
Wi-Fi network application at home
For newbies, a few words should be said about what Wi-Fi is for at home and what its benefits are. Wi-Fi at home is necessary in order to divide the Internet into several devices using a router. Also, Wi-Fi is needed to create a local network. It should also be noted that many devices, such as tablets and smartphones, do not support Ethernet connection, so Wi-Fi is the only way to transfer the Internet to these devices.
By creating a Wi-Fi network at home, you can get rid of wires in your apartment, as well as get access to the Internet in any room of an apartment or private house. As mentioned above, to create a Wi-Fi network, you need a router, the correct configuration of which will be discussed further.
Setting up Wi-Fi on devices
In order to configure Wi-Fi on your devices, just find the name of your Wi-Fi router in the list of Wi-Fi devices and connect to it by entering the password you set.
How to set up Wi-Fi on a laptop
You can configure Wi-Fi on a laptop by clicking on the network connections icon in the system tray, which will offer you a list of available Wi-Fi devices. To connect to a Wi-Fi router, select your device from the list of devices and click the “Connect” button. Enter your password and save it.
Sometimes users have a problem accessing a Wi-Fi network when the Wi-Fi network is not available. To do this, look for a function key on the laptop that is responsible for turning on and off the Wi-Fi module in the laptop. Turn on the module, and after that the Wi-Fi network will be available.
How to set up Wi-Fi on a computer
Most computers do not have a Wi-Fi module, and therefore it will be impossible to connect to a Wi-Fi network. In order to have access to a Wi-Fi network on a computer, purchase a Wi-Fi adapter. This device connects to a computer via a USB port. After you install the drivers for the adapter, the Wi-Fi network will be available on the computer.
Entering the Asus RT-N10 settings and setting up the connection
After all the above has been done and taken into account, launch the Internet browser (it is already running, if you are reading this. Open a new tab) and enter in the address bar 192.168.1.1 Is the internal address for accessing the Asus RT-N10 settings. You will be asked to enter your username and password. The standard username and password for entering the settings of the Asus RT-N10 router are admin and admin in both fields. After entering correctly, you may be asked to change the default password, and then you will see the main page of the Web interface of the Asus RT-N10 router settings, which will look like the picture below (although the screenshot shows an already configured router).
How to configure the Asus RT-N10 router
This manual will go over all the steps that are required to set up the Asus RT-N10 Wi-Fi router. We will consider setting up this wireless router for Rostelecom and Beeline providers, as the most popular in our country. By analogy, you can configure the router for other Internet providers. All that is required is to correctly specify the type and parameters of the connection used by your provider. The guide will fit all variants of Asus RT-N10. C1, B1, D1, LX and others. See also: configuring your router (all instructions from this site)
Configuring Rostelecom PPPoE connection on Asus RT-N10
To configure the Asus RT-N10 router for Rostelecom, follow these steps:
- In the menu on the left, click the “WAN” item, then on the page that opens, fill in the connection parameters for Rostelecom as follows:
- WAN connection type: PPPoE
- IPTV port selection: specify the port if you need to configure IPTV Rostelecom television. Connect a TV set-top box to this port in the future
- Obtain an IP address automatically: Yes
- Connect to DNS Server Automatically: Yes
- Username: Your Rostelecom login
- Password: Your Rostelecom password
- The rest of the parameters can be left unchanged. Click Apply. If the settings are not saved due to the empty “Hostname” field, enter rostelecom there.
This completes the Rostelecom connection setup. The router will establish a connection to the Internet, and you just need to configure the parameters of the wireless Wi-Fi network.
Configuring Beeline L2TP connection on Asus RT-N10
In order to configure Asus RT-N10 for Beeline, follow these steps:
- In the router settings menu on the left, select the “WAN” item, then specify all the necessary connection parameters (The list of parameters for beline l2tp is in the picture and in the text below).
- WAN connection type: L2TP
- IPTV port selection: select a port if you are using Beeline television. You will need to connect a TV set-top box to this port
- Obtain WAN IP Address Automatically: Yes
- Connect to DNS Server Automatically: Yes
- Username: your Beeline login to access the Internet (and personal account)
- Password: your password Beeline
- Heart-Beat Server or PPTP / L2TP (VPN): tp.Internet.Beeline.Ru
- Hostname: blank or beeline
Then click “Apply”. After a short period of time, if no mistakes were made, the Asus RT-N10 Wi-Fi router will establish an Internet connection and you will be able to open sites on the network. You can go to the step about configuring the wireless network on this router.
How to connect Asus RT-N10 for setup
Wi-Fi router Asus RT-N10
Despite the fact that the question seems to be quite elementary, sometimes, when coming to a client, you have to face a situation that he could not configure the Wi-Fi router on his own just because it was incorrectly connected or the user did not take into account a couple of nuances.
How to connect an Asus RT-N10 router
On the back of the Asus RT-N10 router you will find five ports. 4 LAN and 1 WAN (Internet), which stands out from the general background. It is to him and to no other port that the Rostelecom or Beeline cable should be connected. Connect one of the LAN ports with a wire to the network card connector on your computer. Yes, setting up a router is possible without using a wired connection, you can even do this from a phone, but it’s better not. There are too many possible problems for novice users, it is better to use a wired connection to configure.
Also, before starting, I recommend that you look into the local area connection settings on your computer, even if you have never changed anything there. To do this, you need to do the following SIMple steps in order:
- Press Win R buttons and enter ncpa.Cpl in the “Run” window, click “OK”.
- Right click on your local network connection, the one used to communicate with the Asus RT-N10, then click Properties.
- In the properties of the local area network connection in the list “These components are used by this connection” find “Internet Protocol version 4”, select it and click the “Properties” button.
- Make sure that the connection settings are set to automatically obtain the IP and DNS address. Note that this is only for Beeline and Rostelecom. In some cases and for some providers, the values that are in the fields should not only be removed, but also written somewhere for later transfer to the router settings.
And the last point that users sometimes stumble upon is that after starting to configure the router, disconnect your Beeline or Rostelecom connection on the computer itself. That is, if to access the Internet you launch the “High-speed Rostelecom connection” or the Beeline L2TP connection, disable them and never turn them on again (including after you set up your Asus RT-N10). Otherwise, the router will not be able to establish a connection (it is already installed on the computer) and the Internet will be available only on the PC, and the rest of the devices will connect via Wi-Fi, but “without access to the Internet.” This is the most common mistake and common problem.
Setting up Wi-Fi on the Asus RT-N10 router
Configuring wireless Wi-Fi network settings on Asus RT-N10
In order to configure a wireless network on this router, select “Wireless” in the settings menu of the Asus RT-N10 on the left, and then make the necessary settings, the values of which are explained below.
- SSID: This is the name of the wireless network, that is, the name that you see when you connect via Wi-Fi from a phone, laptop or other wireless device. It allows you to distinguish your network from others in your home. It is advisable to use the Latin alphabet and numbers.
- Authentication Method: Recommended to set to WPA2-Personal as the most secure option for home use.
- WPA pre-shared key: here you can put the password on the Wi-Fi. It must consist of at least eight Latin characters and / or numbers.
- The rest of the parameters of the wireless Wi-Fi network should not be changed unnecessarily.
After you have specified all the parameters, click “Apply” and wait for the settings to be saved and activated.
This completes the Asus RT-N10 setup and you can connect via Wi-Fi and use the Internet wirelessly from any device that supports it.
How to connect Wi-Fi router Asus?
How to connect an Asus router
All routers today are made basically according to the same standard. Therefore, connecting a router is not difficult. This requires:
- Connect the wire from the provider to the WAN port to the router. You just need to run a wire from the front door to the router.
- Then we connect the wire from the LAN port of the router to the computer, so that later you can configure the router.
- We connect the router to the mains.
The remaining LAN ports can be used to connect other computers, laptops, printers and any equipment that can work with the router. After turning on the router, a wireless network will appear, but you still need to configure the router.
Watch the video
Nowadays, many people install a router with wireless Internet at home. Usually, a wizard comes for installation, who does all the work of pulling the necessary wires, connecting the router and configuring it. However, it so happens that installing and configuring a router is a paid service and the landlord is not ready to pay extra money for it. In this case, he wants to connect the Wi-Fi router on his own, but often does not know how.
Let’s consider together how to connect and configure an Asus Wi-Fi router yourself.
How to set up an Asus router correctly
Having connected the router to the computer via a wire, we start configuring the router. However, if the computer does not see the connected router, then you must first install the necessary drivers, which can be found on the disk for the router or downloaded from the Internet drivers for the network card.
After that, we start setting up:
- Open any browser and enter “192.168.1.1” in the address bar. The router settings menu will open.
- In the window, enter the username and password to get to the router menu. You can view the login and password in the documentation for the router or on the back cover on the router itself. Usually the username and password is the word “admin”. If, after entering the correct username and password, nothing happens, then you can reset all the settings of the router to the factory settings. To do this, hold down the “reset” button on the router for ten seconds.
- There will be several sections in the router menu. In the section with the provider’s data, you must enter all the data that the provider provided for connection. You can find them in the documentation, on the provider’s website, or to clarify by calling the provider. However, usually the settings are determined by the router automatically and there is no such need.
- In the section with the Wi-Fi wireless network settings, you need to set a new network name and a new password that only you will know. This is done so that neighbors cannot use your Internet.
- You can also change the login and password for accessing the settings of the router in the settings of the router.
- Save the new values and reboot the router.
Now you can use the Asus router.
You can also read some of our articles:
How to switch to AP mode ASUS router
Study the information discussed in the previous chapter. The sequence of actions is the same for routers of all firms: they configure the Wi-Fi network, check its operability, turn on the “Access Point” mode.
You can do the latter in an ASUS router. You can go to the “Administration” tab. “Mode of operation”:
Set the selector opposite the inscription “Access Point”, click “Apply”.
How to get an “access point” without including AP mode. Router as an access point
Some office models of routers can operate in one of two modes, the actual “router” and “access point”. In this review, we will take a closer look at how to configure the router as an access point. At the same time, it will be considered how these two modes differ, and when exactly it is required to enable the second of them.
Most users know what a “router” is. An even SIMpler device is a switch. But switches are only wired. Now imagine that the cable ports of the switch have been combined with the wireless network. A device providing this capability is called an “access point”. We can say that the access point is a “wireless switch”.
You do not need to configure the cable switch, and in the settings of the access point, only the name of the Wi-Fi network and the operating mode of the radio channel (also, the encryption mode, if required) are indicated. We will talk about how to make an “access point” from a router, that is, a “more complex” device.
- Switching the router to AP (Access Point) mode
- How to switch to AP mode D-Link router
- How to switch to AP mode ASUS router
Switching the router to AP (Access Point) mode
A problem common to both methods
By connecting the newly received “access point” to the router, you can lose access to each of the devices:
This is possible when the own IP of the access point is in the range of the local addresses of the router (modem / router). The problem is solved SIMply. You must first change the IP of either the router itself or the access point.
Let the router address end with numbers 1.1. Then, the IP of the second device is set equal to 192.168.2.1 (and you can also 192.168.0.1). The point is that the IP values are from different subnets.
How to switch to AP mode D-Link router
Note that this feature (that is, the presence of the “access point” mode) is not present in all routers. But in some hardware revisions of D-Link dir-300. It is provided.
What is the difference between a router operating in this mode? All wired ports (including WAN) are connected to a common switch. With the network of the latter, in turn, a Wi-Fi network is combined.
Before switching the router to AP mode, it is still better to fully configure the wireless network. To do this, go to the “Setup”. “Wireless Setup” tab and click “Manual Wireless.”:
Everything looks standard here: set the SSID value, select the radio channel number (or turn on “automatic”). Click “Save Settings”. If you need to configure encryption. Do it right away (using the capabilities of the “Wireless Security Mode” block).
But you can enable the “Access Point” mode on another tab. It’s called “Internet Setup”:
To activate the required mode, check the “Enable.” box and save the changes made.
Features of the “second way”
Any router can be used as an “access point”. It configures the wireless network, and then, disable the DHCP server (and the UPnP option, if it was enabled).
After that, we get a “switch” with four wired ports (no WAN port). And also, a wireless network will be combined with the network of this switch. The latter is true if you do not check the “AP Isolated” checkbox when performing the configuration (but by default it is).
We can say that the result of the second method is worse in that the user will receive one less wired port. WAN connector after configuration. Not used.
An example of setting up an “access point” based on a D-Link router
First, we set up a Wi-Fi network. Then, go to the “Setup” tab. “LAN Setup” to uncheck “DHCP Server”:
At the second step, turn off UPnP (tab “Advanced”. “Advanced Network”):
Do not forget to save the changes made (which is performed on each tab). The resulting device is a 4-port switch, into which the access point is built.
To perform the latter (in D-Link routers):
- Go to the “Setup” tab. “LAN Setup”
- Change the value of “Router IP Address”
- We save the settings
In the new D-Link interface, it looks a little different (“Network”. “Connections”. Double click on the “LAN” line):
Actually, no other problems were found.