If you think what to choose. the built-in SmartTV system or an external “smart” set-top box, then give preference to the latter option. Why?
The fact is that this gadget, namely the digital set-top box, has a wider range of functions and settings. The Smart TV set-top box will allow you to watch online movies and TV shows, surf the Internet, chat on Skype and social networks, play your favorite games. all from the screen of your TV. And now, the purchase is complete. Now it remains to configure. How to quickly set up Internet access on a TV set-top box? Read below.
Modern models of TV set-top boxes are compact multifunctional devices that can turn a regular TV into a convenient gadget for use. Purchase Smart tv box easily replace a satellite dish. In this article, we consider what is necessary to connect to the network and what sequence of actions.
Connect android consoles via Wi-Fi
Wireless technology has so tightly entered our lives that now in almost every apartment you can find a Wi-Fi router. It is with the help of this device that it is most convenient to connect the Smart TV set-top box to the Internet. To do this, follow a simple procedure:
- After connecting the device to the TV, go to the TV Box settings menu using the mouse or remote control;
- Find the “Wi-Fi” menu item. By default, this feature is disabled. To enable it, drag the slider to the active mode.
- After a few seconds of searching, the device displays a list of available wireless networks. In this list, select your Wi-Fi network.
- Enter the password that was specified when creating your Wi-Fi access point and press the confirmation button.
- If your router is configured correctly, connecting to the access point will take a matter of seconds.
What is the advantage of this method? Connecting your Android set-top box to the Internet via Wi-Fi will allow you to place your TV in any corner of your house or apartment, within the reach of the router signal. so you will not be tied to the length of the cable. The main advantage is to connect other gadgets in parallel with the TV.
Connecting a set-top box via an Internet cable
Another way to connect android tv box to a global network is the use of an Ethernet cable.
- Locate the RJ-45 type connector (marked on the figure) on the TV-box housing and connect the cable to it;
- Go to the menu and activate the slider opposite the “Ethernet” item.
- After a few seconds of auto-tuning, the Internet connection in most cases is established automatically;
- If the connection failed, configure it manually. To do this, in Ethernet, enter the same settings that you use when connecting your computer to the World Wide Web. The only difference is in the IP address input field, add or subtract one from the last digit.
This method of connection allows the console to maximize the capabilities of the Internet cable, without sharing the speed of information transfer between several devices. However, in practice, this type of connection is less convenient than wireless. And all because you have to select a separate line for connecting an Android TV set-top box or constantly switch the cable between several devices. Therefore, for greater convenience, it is worth taking care of buying a router in advance.
Turn your TV into a multimedia entertainment center and take full advantage of modern TV boxes.