How to Set a Ringtone on Samsung J2
How to put SMS ringtone on Samsung Galaxy?
Tired of the standard ringtone that sounds when you receive an SMS message? It doesn’t matter, you can always change it yourself. We strongly recommend adding a ringtone to one of the folders on your smartphone, if you don’t plan to use the built-in ringtones. Or, alternatively, you can download the melody online.
If the melody is prepared and is on your smartphone, open any file manager. We have this “File Manager”, but you can use the standard one, sewn into the smartphone’s firmware.
Open the manager, find the folder where the ringtone is located. We have this folder Music.
Here is the melody. Tap on it and hold it until a menu appears and the file itself is selected. Click “Copy”.
Return to the main section of the smartphone and find the Notifications folder. you need to download ringtones into it in this case. Here is the folder:
Come in and insert the file by clicking on the button.
Make sure the file is copied or moved to the specified folder.
Please note that you can do all this using a computer or laptop by connecting your Samsung smartphone to it.
Next, open the settings.
Tap on the line “Sounds and vibration”.
Click on the item “Notification sounds”.
Next. “Message notifications”.
Now. “Notification Sound”.
Find the added ringtone, click on its name and exit. Everything.
By the way, this way you can change the melody to the one built into the firmware without adding a third-party ringtone.
How to set Samsung ringtone for all contacts?
Select the section “Sounds and vibration”.
Here is the item “Ringtone“.
Select the SIM card for which you want to change or add a melody. Let it be the first SIM for example.
Choose a melody, for which just tap on it. The melody will start playing, and if it suits you, just press “Back”.
How to set a ringtone to a contact on Samsung?
We go to the “Phone” application.
We select the item “Contacts” (also available as a separate application).
Tapem to username, for example:
Next. the button in the form of the letter i.
To add your own melody, on the same page with ringtones, tap the plus sign button.
By default, the system shows all the songs that are in the smartphone’s memory. To select a melody from those available here, tap on it. If this is the melody you want, click on the “Done” button. Please note that the system can automatically select a part of the track. the item “Only selected fragments”.
The specified melody is used as the main ringtone.
In addition, Samsung allows you to select folders with songs in memory.
How to set a ringtone on Samsung?
Samsung smartphones, like similar devices from other companies, allow you to choose from the ringtones available in the memory or set your own without any problems, including for each individual contact in your address book. But we will tell you how to do this right now in our article.
On this page. “Change”.
At the bottom of the page, click “Ringtone”.
And choose a ringtone.
Of course, you can also choose your own melody. You already know how to do this from the first part of the article.
The only moment: when you change the ringtone for a contact, do not forget to click on the “Save” button.
Otherwise, the changes will not be saved.
Using the player
Another option is how to put an audio track from downloads as the main melody:
- go to the main menu. In the list, click on ” Applications”;
- then select the built-in player “Samsung Music”;
- play the track you want to select as a ringtone. When it opens, click on the three dots in the upper right corner;
- now select “Install as”. Provide enhanced access for the application;
- put a tick in front of the item “Ringtone“;
- choose whether the song will be played from the beginning or from a separate section, and tap on “Finish”.
How to set different audio to a call
To put music on a call on Samsung, use:
- settings of device parameters;
- player built into the firmware;
- third party software.
Third party software
This option is suitable for all Android devices, regardless of the version of the operating system.
- Go to the Play Market. From there you will need to download the “Cut Music Ringtone Make” application from the developer of Recorder Smart apps.
- After starting the software, tap on “Select audio files”.
- Navigate to the folder with tunes. Opposite the track, click on three points.
- A list will appear where select “Set as default ringtone”.
- Give the program extended access to the system.
In smartphone tinctures
A universal way to change the ringtone on Samsung Galaxy A10, A11, A30, A31, A50 and A51. For this:
- go to smartphone settings. Go through the list to Sounds and Vibration;
- tap your finger on “Ringtone”;
- a new menu will appear. Go down to the category “Incoming calls” and tap on “Ringtone”;
- a list of standard ringtones will appear in front of the user, tap on any of them to listen to and set as the main one.
On A8, J2, J3, S8 and S10 models, the Incoming Calls category is not available due to a different firmware version. Instead, there will be a “Ringtone”, when you select it, you will be prompted to change the song on the first or second SIM.
To select a track from the phone memory:
- follow the path described above. When a list of standard melodies appears, click on “Add from phone” at the bottom of the list or by tapping on the icon “”. located on the top right;
- there will be tracks in MP3, WAV format, which are allowed to be used for calls;
- when there are no tracks, tap on “Folders” from the bottom right and go to the directive where the loaded audio is stored.
How to set a ringtone on a Samsung phone
On smartphones from Samsung, you can set a ringtone from the list of available ringtones or music loaded into the device’s memory. We will explain how to do this using the built-in software or an application downloaded from the market.
Setting a track to a ringtone on Samsung smartphones takes up to 3-5 minutes, depending on the selected option.
How to put a ringtone on a contact on Samsung?
Additionally, you can put a specific melody on a separate contact to immediately determine who is calling you. But this option is not supported on a number of Samsung devices. Therefore, you will need to use a third-party application. Ringtone Maker.
No third-party software
A number of smartphones from the Korean manufacturer can be handled without third-party software. Required:
- Open the standard “Contacts” application.
- Launch the Actions menu with three dots.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Choose “Contacts”.
- Click “Show Contacts”.
- Choose to display them on your device.
- Open the contact list again, find the person from the list.
- Click on the pencil.
- Select the item to set the ringtone. It can be added in case of absence.
- Confirm the launch of the “Storage” application.
- Choose a suitable melody.
- Save changes.
How to set music (ringtone) to ringtone on Samsung
How to put music to ring on Samsung? If you want to change the default melody, then this procedure will not cause problems. Our article will provide appropriate instructions for users.
How to put music on a call on Samsung?
To set a specific ringtone, you first need to download music or select a standard ringtone. Galaxy series devices are considered very popular in our market. They provide ample opportunities, are easy to use, and have a good design. But how to change the default ringtone on Galaxy from Android?
There are two ways:
- Directly through the settings.
- Through the “dialer”.
Through the “dialer”
Important! This instruction is relevant only for the standard “Phone” application on Samsung. If you use a third-party “dialer”, then there is no such option in it, you must select the signal directly through the settings.
- Open the “Phone” application.
- Go to dialing.
- Click on three dots to open the menu.
- Select the “Settings” section.
- Go to “Challenge”.
- Then proceed to “Melodies and key signals”.
- Press to select a ringtone.
- Choose one of the standard signals, or add your own according to the previously described algorithm.
Installation using phone settings
How to put music on a call on Android? On a Samsung device, you need to perform the following sequence of actions:
- Initially open Android settings.
- Then go to the section “Sounds and vibration”.
- Here you can set up alerts for various events, including SMS. Select the section with ringtones.
- You are presented with a list of different standard signals.
- If you want to put your own melody, then click on “Add”.
- Run “Sound Selection”.
- Choose a melody from the list. If it is in a folder, then click on the appropriate item and specify the path.
- Add a melody, after which it will be set to the call.
Instructions for users:
You can change other notifications in the system settings. The device provides ample opportunities for adjusting notifications, the smartphone quickly adapts to the user.
Ringtone Maker allows you not only to edit ringtones, but also to set them both for the entire address book and individual entries in it.
- Install the app and open it. A list of all the music files that are present on the phone will immediately appear. Please note that system ringtones and default ones are highlighted separately. Find the melody that you want to put on this or that contact, click on the three dots to the right of the file name.
Select “Add to contact”.
Very simple, and most importantly, fits all Samsung devices. The only drawback is that the app shows ads. If Ringtone Maker does not suit you, the ability to put a ringtone on a separate contact is present in some of the music players we have considered in the first part of the article.
General device settings
To change the ringtone through the phone settings, you need to do the following.
- Enter the “Settings” application through the shortcut in the application menu or the button in the curtain of the device.
Go to this item by tapping on it 1 time.
Next, look for the item “Ringtones” (may also be called “Ringtone”) and click on it.
This menu displays a list of built-in ringtones. You can add your own to them with a separate button. it can be located either at the very end of the list, or is available directly from the menu.
Click this button.
Please note that not all file managers support the ringtone selection feature.
When using Sound Select, the system will display all the music files of the device, regardless of storage location. For convenience, they are sorted by category.
The method described above is one of the simplest. In addition, it does not require the user to download and install third-party software.
Setting your ringtone in Samsung
There are two ways to set your own ringtone on your Samsung phone. Let’s consider them in more detail.
This method is also quite simple, however it is not as obvious as the previous one.
- Open the standard phone application for making calls and go to the dialer.
- The next step is different for some devices. Owners of devices in which the left key brings up a list of running applications should use the button with three dots in the upper right corner. If the device has a dedicated “Menu” key, then press it. In any case, such a window will appear. In it, select “Settings”.
- In this submenu we need the item “Calls”. Go to it. Scroll down the list and find the Ringtones and Key Tones option.
Selecting this option will open the next list in which you need to tap on “Call melody”. A pop-up window for selecting a ringtone will open, the actions in which are similar to steps 4-8 of the first method.
Note also that this method is unlikely to work on third-party dialers, so keep in mind this nuance.
Setting a melody to a separate contact
The procedure is slightly different if you need to put a ringtone on a separate contact. First, the entry must be in the phone memory, not on the SIM card. Secondly, some budget Samsung smartphones do not support this feature out of the box, so you need to install a separate application. The last option, by the way, is universal, so let’s start with it.
Setting your own ringtone on Samsung
Of course, the desired goal can be achieved by means built into the firmware, but we repeat that on some smartphones of the budget segment such a function is not available. In addition, depending on the version of the system software, the procedure may differ, although not much.
- The easiest way to do the desired operation is using the “Contacts” application. find it on one of the desktops or in the menu and open.
Next, enable the display of contacts on the device. To do this, open the application menu (a separate button or three dots at the top) and select “Settings”.
Then select the “Contacts” option. In the next window, tap on the item “Show contacts”. Select the “Device” option.
Return to the list of subscribers, find the one you need in the list and tap on it.
Clicking on the “Ringtone” item leads to a call to the application to select a melody. Media Storage is responsible for standard ringtones, while the rest (file managers, cloud clients, music players) allow you to select a third-party music file. Find the program you need (for example, a standard utility) and click “Only once”.
Find the desired ringtone in the music list and confirm your choice. In the contact editing window, click “Save” and exit the application.
Done. a ringtone for a specific subscriber is installed. The procedure can be repeated for other contacts, if the need arises.
As a result, we note that it is very easy to set a ringtone on Samsung phones. In addition to system tools, some music players also support this option.