How To Set A Contact Photo On Samsung
How to put a photo on a contact in Samsung phones: all the ways
In practice, there are three options for how to set a photo to a contact in a Samsung phone. Through the gallery, contacts, or using special software. But before doing the work, you need to take a number of preliminary steps.
What to do if the photo is not put on the contact?
As a rule, users rarely encounter difficulties when linking a picture. But there are situations when a photo is not put on a contact in Samsung. This is possible if there are restrictions or some peculiarities of the Android OS. Before making changes, you need to check that the contacts are transferred from the SIM card to the phone. Otherwise, you will not be able to put a photo.
When using the application, check that it is suitable for your OS version. Sometimes additional requirements are imposed on the format and size of the photo. To avoid mistakes, it is easier to take a photo of the contact with the built-in camera. Otherwise, the work does not cause problems, and the picture is successfully attached to the subscriber. Please note that advanced functionality can only be obtained by using additional programs.
How to Transfer Picture Files from Home PC to Samsung Galaxy 3 | Small business
You can use the Gallery app on the Samsung Galaxy S3 as a portable portfolio of your images, including those you capture on other devices. The Galaxy S3 can connect to your home PC and act as a flash drive or external hard drive to transfer images. Copy images to and from your phone and computer by opening photo catalogs on your phone and memory card through the explorer interface on your device.
Boot Windows on your home PC and turn on your Samsung Galaxy S3 phone.
Connect the smaller end of the Micro B USB cable to the charging port on the Galaxy S3.
Connect the larger end of the USB Type A cable to an open USB port on your computer.
Wait for the autorun window to open and then select the “Open device to view files” option.
Select the directory “Phone” in the explorer window. You can select the “Map” option if you have a memory card installed.
Open the Pictures folder and leave the window open.
Open a new File Explorer window and find the images you want to add to Galaxy S3 on your computer.
Select the images you want to add to Galaxy S3 in File Explorer on your computer, and then click the Copy button on the Quick Access Toolbar.
Return to the Galaxy S3 File Explorer window and click the Insert button on the Quick Access Toolbar.
Wait until the file transfer warning window disappears, which means the image transfer to Galaxy S3 is complete.
Disconnect USB cable from PC and Galaxy S3 after file transfer is complete. Now the phone scans the memory for new data and adds images to the gallery.
How to put a photo on a contact in Samsung. Solved: Adding Photos to My Contacts
None of the information provided is truly helpful and avoids the real issue here. Uploading photos to contacts on Samsung S8 is really easy. The first thing to understand is that the contact list comes in 2 forms; one lists the SIM and the other. On the phone. You can only upload photos to contacts in your phone list, which are then automatically, but not immediately, transferred to your SIM card list. To upload photos to contacts, do the following:.
1) Go to the application list on the home screen and select “Contacts”.
2) The third line at the bottom will tell you if you are viewing the list “SIM card” or “Phone”; you need a list of phones, NOT a list of SIM cards. If you are on the phone list, ignore 3)
3) Select the phone list by touching the 3 horizontal bars on the left, 2nd row down, you will see the selected SIM is highlighted in orange; tap the line that says “phone” above it. This will bring you back to your contacts list and you will see that the third line says “phone” because you are now in the “phone” list.
4) Select a name from your contact list to which you want to attach a photo.
5) Above the name you will see a circle with the camera logo; click on it.
6) You will see 3 options; list of cartoon emoticons on the first line and the choice of “camera” or “gallery” on the second line.
7) You can choose “camera” where it will take an instant photo and attach it, or “gallery” where you can choose a photo from there.
# 128526; Select the photo you want to attach, then tap Done and then Save. Close the app and reopen it and you will find it there!
TO CHANGE A PHOTO IN YOUR CONTACT LIST
9) Select the contact you want to change.
10) Tap “edit” in the middle of the bottom of the screen.
11) Make sure you are in the phone list and NOT in the SIM list. If you are in the list of SIM cards, you will see a choice of 3 options at the top of the screen; “phone”, SIM-card “Google”; tap “phone”.
12) Tap the photo you want to change.
13) Select a photo as described in point 7) in the previous list.
View solution in original post
Application of additional software
One of the drawbacks of standard methods is that when a person calls, the photo is displayed only on part of the Samsung display. You may need to install an application to make the picture appear full screen. You can find many such programs on the Play Store. Below are some utilities to put a photo into Samsung.
- Phone This is a SIMple and handy application that allows you to personalize your incoming and outgoing calls. Developers are constantly adding new themes to replace uninteresting calls with brighter images. In addition to personalization, the program provides the function of synchronizing and backing up contacts to Samsung. Additional software functions. Quick dialing, setting a standard picture or photo instead of a subscriber. Alternatively, you can even put a video greeting or flash on a call.
- Full Screen Caller ID is a program that allows you to put the caller’s photo on the entire Samsung screen. The popularity of the utility is confirmed by more than 5 million downloads and 50,000 paid installations. Features of the software. Using a video or photo from a smartphone to attach to a contact, customizing the design, supporting different themes, changing the button assignments, notification of missed calls and much more.
- Photo Caller Screen is another program that allows you to attach a photo of the caller to the Samsung screen. This is one of the best utilities with over a dozen interesting themes, easy installation, stable operation and other useful functions.
There are a number of other programs that allow you to put a photo on a contact in Samsung. The decision is made individually. The best way to make a choice is to download and try it out. As a last resort, the utility can always be removed.
How to put a photo on a contact on Samsung: set a caller’s photo
Personalization of the caller is very convenient, so many people ask how to put a photo on a contact on Samsung. To resolve the issue, you can use three methods. Use the functionality of the phone itself or a special application. The manual is relevant for all Samsung smartphones with Android OS. A3, A5, A7, J3, J5 J7 and others. We will also consider the situation, what to do if you cannot install the photo.
Another way to add a photo to a Samsung contact is to go the other way. In this case, you first need to find an image, and only then attach it to a specific subscriber from a smartphone.
The aLGorithm of actions is as follows:
- Enter the Galareya section on Samsung.
- Select a photo to be delivered to the subscriber.
- At the top right, click on the Menu button and select the Set as contact photo option.
- Select the person of interest from the list.
- Define the required area in the photo and click on Finish.
For many, this is the easiest and most intuitive way to insert a photo to a contact on a Samsung phone. But there is another option, which we will focus on below.
Where to begin?
If you decide to put a photo or picture on a person, take into account the peculiarities of the Android OS. The solution to the problem is realistic if the contacts are saved on the Samsung device, and not on its SIM-card. If you do not perform a preliminary transfer, you will not be able to put the picture. That is why the information from the phone book needs to be transferred from the SIM to the smartphone.
To solve the problem, take the following steps:
- Enter Contacts on Samsung.
- Go to the settings, and there in the Export / Import section.
- Select a SIM card from the list (it may have the name of an operator) and click Next.
- Specify Phone number as the new location for the data.
- Mark the information you want to transfer in the list of subscribers.
- Confirm the operation by clicking OK.
After completing the work, you can set a photo to a contact in your Samsung Galaxy phone. You can choose any of the options below.
How to add contact photo in Outlook 2007 and 2010
In these editions of the mail client, an avatar is added to a business card or to a contact form, which allows you to initialize the user with his image or the logo of the company in which he works.
The contact image appears in an open email message, but only if it was added by the sender. The program allows adding graphic files of such extensions: GIF, JPG, BMP, EXF PNG, ICO, and TIF.
- Open the “Contacts” folder.
- If the contact already exists, open it, if not, then click the “Create” button, enter all the necessary data about the user.
- In the “Parameters” group on the “Contact” tab, go to the “Picture” item and click on the picture itself, or click the “Add picture” button.
- Double click on the image you need.
How to add and replace contact photo in People view in Outlook 2013 and 2016
With the advent of a special section in new versions of Microsoft Office 2013 programs. “People”, the aLGorithm for adding photos has also changed. Below are detailed instructions, following which you can easily add or replace the photo of the interlocutor, as well as your profile picture.
How to change existing contact photo in Outlook 2007, 2010
- Open a contact in a folder.
- Go to the “Parameters” group and click on “Picture”.
- Click “Change Picture” and double-click to select a new image.
To update the image in the electronic business card, go to it by double-clicking on the contact, or select the appropriate item in the “Options” menu of the “Contacts” folder.
In order to delete photos, follow the above aLGorithm, but at the last step, select the command “Delete picture”.
Add contact photo in Outlook 2013 and 2016
Go to the “People” tab in the navigation bar.
In the “View” menu, go to “People”.
Find the contact you need in the list and click on “Outlook (Contacts)” in the item “View source code”. So a user card will appear in front of you.
Click on the picture field.
To replace an existing contact photo in Outlook 2013 and 2016, follow steps 1-3 in the instructions for adding a new image, then right-click on the contact’s image and select “Change picture. “.
How to add a photo to Outlook
The presence of photos in contacts allows you to speed up the search for the interlocutor you need. Adding a photo to your profile makes it possible to design your account, making it more individual or corporate.
Below we will consider step-by-step instructions for adding, changing and removing photos both in your personal account and in contacts.
Add and replace your profile photo in Outlook 2013 and 2016
The aLGorithm of actions for the initial loading of the image and replacement of the existing one is SIMilar.
- Go to the “File” tab.
It is possible that the program will automatically open Outlook Web App. In this case, log in to the application and replace the photo.
The updated photo will be displayed on your profile and on your interlocutors after a couple of minutes.
If in the previous version we started our actions by choosing an image, then the second way is to edit the data of a specific subscriber.
The procedure for performing the operation is as follows:
- Open “Contacts” and choose the number we need;
Take a photo or find the desired picture in the phone’s memory;
If you decide to set a photo or picture to a contact in Samsung Galaxy, keep in mind that the Android operating system provides this option only for numbers stored in the phone’s memory. For the address book located on the SIM card, attachment of personal graphics is not performed. Therefore, subscriber data must first be transferred from SIM to smartphone.
This SIMple operation is performed like this:
- Launch the “Contacts” application on the mobile device;
- In the settings menu, tap on “Export / Import”;
The system will automatically transfer the required information. Now you can proceed to the direct study of how to set a photo to a contact in Samsung.
As mentioned above, this is the fastest and easiest way. We go to the “Gallery”, find the image we are interested in (photo, picture, logo. It does not matter) and open it. In the upper right corner, click on the “Menu” with the properties of the graphic file and select “Set. As a contact photo “. In the proposed list of subscribers (from the phone memory), we designate the corresponding number.
The last stage of the operation: selection of the desired area of the image. Swipe the borders of the highlighted area until you get a suitable size and click “Finish”. The procedure is over, now when this subscriber calls, the picture you have set will be displayed on the screen.
How to set a photo to a contact in Samsung. Step by step instructions with a photo
Often, incoming phone calls find us at the wrong time. Driving a car or under the disapproving glance of a boss at a meeting is not very convenient to spend precious seconds reading the name of the subscriber. The ability to set a photo to a contact in a Samsung Galaxy smartphone or any other mobile device running the Android operating system is a good solution for such situations. A quick glance at the screen is enough to identify the caller.
There are several different ways to set a contact photo on Samsung:
- Directly from the Gallery. The SIMplest and fastest option that allows you to use not only photos, but also any other images saved in graphic format.
- Using the system application “Contacts”. Allows you to use already saved pictures or take an instant photo.
- Using specialized applications. Such software provides a number of advantages (for example, it allows you to get a full-screen image or attach not only a photo, but also a video to a contact) and contains many other useful functions for managing a mobile device.
Each of the options has its own merits, so each user chooses the most convenient method for him. Let’s consider all of the above methods in more detail.
After you set a photo for a contact in Samsung, it will be displayed on any call of this subscriber. However, using the system capabilities to pin the picture has one drawback: the picture will be located on a small area of the display. If you want the photo to occupy the entire screen area, you need to use specialized software.
Play Market offers three free utilities that allow attaching graphic files to subscribers:
- Phone. In addition to providing full screen mode, it backs up the phone book and many other useful actions.
Full Screen Caller Pro. It not only places the picture on the whole screen, but also makes it possible to attach a small video to a contact. In addition, it contains a lot of functions for customizing the display of calls: the shape and size of the “Answer” and “Cancel” buttons, setting the animation and other interesting elements of the external design of the display.
Each application has its own way of how to set a photo to a contact in Samsung. However, it makes no sense to describe in detail the direct installation steps: the software interface is intuitive even to the most inexperienced user, so linking a picture to a subscriber will not be difficult.
How to Set Photo to Contact in Samsung Phone: 3 Working Ways
On Samsung devices, as on any other gadgets with the Android operating system, you can put a photo on a contact. This is a convenient option that personalizes the phone number and allows you to quickly figure out which person wants to contact you. As part of the article, we will consider all the methods. How to put a photo on a contact on Samsung.
You can add a photo to a contact in a Samsung Galaxy phone if it is saved in the device memory, but not on the SIM card. If your subscriber’s number is on a SIM card, you should transfer it to the device’s memory. Otherwise, the option specified in the article will not work in any of the ways. To transfer recorded data:
- Launch the “Contacts” application and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Import / Export Contacts”.
- Click “Export”.
- Then choose from which place it is carried out: SIM card.
- Specify the phone as the new location for contacts that were on the SIM card.
- Then choose the records about people that should be transferred to the device.
- After selection, click “OK”. The data will be transferred to the specified location.
Putting a photo on a Samsung contact can be done through the native “Contacts” application:
- Open this app.
- Select from the list the person whose number you will attach the photo to. Click (on Samsung A5, or any other model) the “Change” button.
- Pay attention to the camera icon placed in the center. You need to press it to add a picture under the number.
- You can take a photo here and now using the camera, or add it from the ones available on the device. After adding, you can use the editor and “play around” a little with cropping a photo using a frame. In this way, you can manually fit a disproportionate picture into the window, throwing out all unnecessary.
- Click “Save”. Done. Now every call to your number of this subscriber will be accompanied by the picture you have chosen.
If you were leafing through your own gallery and saw a photo of a person that you would like to put on his contact, you can do this without leaving the system program:
- Decide on a photo in the “Gallery”. Click on the “Menu” button, which is located in the upper right, and click “Set as contact photo”.
- Select the required subscriber from the list of your book.
- Make a storyboard.
- Then click “Finish”.
On Samsung Galaxy j5 and other models, this is an intuitive way, and it is more often used by users to use a photo on an incoming and outgoing call.
Third party software
Since the call on devices Samsung Galaxy J7 and others is not a priority action, the involved photo is displayed on a part of the screen, and not on the whole. To fix this, it is recommended to expose the photo through additional applications installed on the device. Among the many SIMilar ones are:
- Phone is a convenient, SIMple, constantly evolving application with many themes for replacing template calls. Allows you to replace the standard call picture with one of the template, a person’s photo, a picture, a short video and add a flash when you call.
- Photocallerscreen is a stable and SIMple utility with many themes to install on calls. Implements the necessary option of installing a photo to a subscriber number in one or two.
- Fullscreencallerid. The utility displays a photo for an incoming call on the full screen. Quite a popular application that allows you to use not only pictures, but also video for contacts.
Problems with the implementation of the photo
- After installing photos to the saved number with the picture, you can work further. If it is not needed, it can be removed or replaced with a new one.
- If you exhibited a photo through the application, and you can’t deliver, return everything to its original settings, delete the application and use another. Or use standard methods.
If there is no option to add photos to contacts, check if they are tied to a SIM card. If so, first transfer them to the smartphone’s memory, and then link the photo to the subscriber’s number.
How to set photo to contact in Samsung Galaxy phone?
To set a photo to a contact on Android smartphones, including Samsung, this contact must be linked to an account (also Google), and not saved in the memory of the SIM card. Otherwise nothing will work. If the contact is linked to an account, then everything is in order. In this article, you will learn how to put a photo on a contact on Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Go to the “Phone” application.
You can also open the Contacts application, but there is no difference in this case.
Open the “Contacts” tab.
Find the desired contact and tap on his avatar, for example:
The user page has opened. Click on the avatar.
Then you need to select “Camera” or “Gallery”. Usually the image is loaded from the gallery, so we will click on the button of the same name.
Then. The image itself, for example:
The picture is given as an example. You can choose a specific place in the image, or you can leave it as it is. If everything is OK, tap “Done”.
The selected image is saved for the specified contact.
This is how the subscriber is displayed in the “Contacts” section.
For other contacts, the image is added in the same way.
Use the functionality of the “Contacts” application to put a photo on the subscriber
Samsung phones have a standard mechanism for adding a photo to contacts.
To implement it, you need to do the following:
- Open the “Contacts” application and tap on the desired phone book number;
- Click on the pencil icon or the “Edit” button;
- The contact details will open. We tap on the image of a man;
- Choose where we want to get the image for this contact. By taking a photo or uploading a picture from the gallery;
- After selecting the desired source and attaching the picture to the subscriber (you will need to indicate the optimal size of the future picture for display), click on “Save”.
Features of storing information about contacts in Samsung smartphones
The current functionality of Sumsung phones allows us to choose four data carriers about a contact:
|SIM Card (1 and 2)||Contact details are saved on 1 or 2 SIM cards of your phone. Since the memory capacity of the SIM card is small (often it is only 128 kb), the SIM card usually stores only the last name and first name of the contact (in Latin) and his phone number. Other contact details, including photos, are not saved here.|
|Phone (phone memory)||In this case, we get more opportunities to save contact data. We can easily save the full name of a contact in Cyrillic, its several phone numbers, address, place of work, place of residence, photo and other information|
|Google (Google Account)||In this case, the contact details are linked to the phone user’s Google account. Accordingly, the contact data is stored on Google’s servers. If necessary, such data can be easily transferred to a new phone.|
|Samsung account (Samsung account)||Linked to the user’s Samsung account. It is rarely used, but the possibilities are wide.|
If you have previously saved your contacts to a SIM card (or this saving method was set on your phone by default), then you will not be able to set a photo to your contact on Sumsung. In this case, you need to transfer the numbers of your contacts to the phone. To transfer phone numbers from the SIM-card memory to the phone, you usually need to launch the “Contacts” application, select the “Import / Export” option in the settings menu.
Then select a SIM-card from the list of sources and click on “Next”. We indicate the phone as a new location for storing contacts. It remains to mark the list of subscribers for transferring their numbers to the phone, and confirm the transfer operation with a tap on “Ok”.
In addition to the phone, you can select a Google account as the storage location for your account data (relevant for newer Samsung models). In this case, when adding a contact, enter the number, click “Add to contacts”. “Create contact”. Google. Next, it remains to enter the contact information, and tap on the round field to link the picture to the subscriber.
Let’s look at the standard ways to put a photo on a contact in a Sumsung smartphone.
How to set photo to contact in Samsung phone
It would seem that it could be easier. To set a photo to a contact in the phone. This is a trivial operation, known to almost every owner of a modern smartphone, no matter what manufacturer it is. But when we get our hands on Sumsung phones (especially the latest models), we may encounter certain difficulties when adding a photo to the desired contact. What to do? Below we will analyze how to put a photo on any contact in Samsung phones. And also what we need for this.
The Gallery application in Sumsung smartphones will allow you to set a picture on a contact
Using pictures from the well-known Gallery application. Convenient and SIMple ability to put an image on the right person in the phone book in Samsung.
- Go to the Gallery application;
- Open the desired image for selection;
- On the top right, tap on the menu button, and select the “Set as contact photo” option;
(Guide) How to Set Photo to Contact in Samsung Galaxy A50
You have a lot of repetitive contacts, for example, several “Andrey” or 3 “Natalia” And despite the presence of the last name, sometimes you get confused as to which of them is who! The logical solution to this problem would be to link a person’s photo to contacts.
- How to set a photo to a contact in Samsung Galaxy A50. Using smartphone settings
- How to set a photo to a contact in Samsung Galaxy A50. Through the “Contacts” menu
- Via a third-party app on Samsung Galaxy A50
- In custody
How to set a photo to a contact in Samsung Galaxy A50. Using smartphone settings
Have you just photographed a friend or loved one and want to use it as a contact photo? You can add a photo to a contact on Samsung Galaxy A50 through the Photos app for this:
- Go to the Photos app or also called Gallery. There, open the photo by clicking on it.
- A panel will appear at the top of your Samsung Galaxy A50 with a menu represented by three aligned dots.
- Select it, then go to Install As. Another menu will open.
- Select “Contact Photo”. You will be redirected to the “Contacts” menu. Scroll through the list of contacts until you find the one you want. Click on it.
- Adjust the selection around the image so that only the person’s face or the entire image is used as the contact photo. Click Finish.
How to set a photo to a contact in Samsung Galaxy A50. Through the “Contacts” menu
You just added a contact and want to link a photo to it. You can add a photo to a contact in Samsung Galaxy A50 through the Contacts menu. For this:
- Open the Contacts menu and navigate to the contact to which you want to add a photo. Click on it.
- You are on the contact page. In the upper right corner you can see three icons.
- Choose a pencil. This is the “Change” option. Next to the name is a circle with a “” symbol. Click on it.
- A menu will open in which you will be asked to select a photo from the gallery or take a photo of a person directly.
- Go to the gallery, select the desired photo by clicking on it.
- Then adjust the selection around the image so that only the person’s face or the entire image is displayed as the contact image on the Samsung Galaxy A50.
- Click Finish.
Via a third party app on Samsung Galaxy A50
There are third-party apps that can help you put a photo into contact. Some collect your personal photos, others allow you to connect to social networks and apps to get contact photos on them and share them on your phone number.
Here’s how to add a photo to a contact on Samsung Galaxy A50 via a third-party app:
Go to the Google Play Store and search for “contact photo”. You can find applications that allow you to put a photo in a contact. Feel free to browse them and read the opinions and comments in addition to the features to see if the app meets your expectations on your Samsung Galaxy A50.
We just saw how to add a photo to a contact on a Samsung Galaxy A50.However, if you run into any problems, feel free to ask a friend for help who is familiar with this technology related to your Samsung Galaxy A50.
Linking a picture to a contact from the Gallery
There are several ways to attach a photo to a call in Samsung Galaxy J5 or on any other Galaxy phone model:
- Through the standard Gallery application;
- By changing the profile of the called subscriber in the preinstalled Contacts program;
- Using additional software.
Whichever option you choose, you need to know that you can only link a picture to a number saved in the phone’s memory. Therefore, if the subscriber is saved on the SIM card, he must first be transferred to the smartphone. This is done as follows:
- We are looking for and launch the “Contacts” application on the mobile device.
- Go to its settings and select the procedure “Import / Export”.
- In the list that opens, select where to transfer the number (SIM card) from, and click “Next”.
- We indicate the new storage location (“Phone”).
- We tick one or several numbers that need to be dragged into the memory of the mobile device.
After the contact has been successfully transferred to Samsung Galaxy, you can proceed directly to attaching a picture to it:
- Enter the Gallery program.
- Select the photo you would like to contact.
- Call its properties by tapping on the corresponding button and click “Set as contact photo”.
- Specify the area of the picture that will be displayed on the Samsung Galaxy screen when there is an incoming call and click “Done”.
After performing the above actions, the selected picture will also be displayed on the Samsung Galaxy display along with the name of the caller.
Considering how to set a photo on a contact, you should dwell on one more way of implementing this procedure:
- We open the program “Contacts”.
- We are looking for the number to which we want to link a photo, and click “Edit”.
- Click on the standard picture and in the drop-down menu set the picture from the gallery or take a snapshot.
- We save the changes made.
Setting a photo to a contact in Samsung phones
On all smartphones running on the Android OS, it is possible to install a photo of a calling number or any other picture on any contact from the phone book. This function is very convenient, as it allows you to instantly identify the subscriber without bothering to read his name. Let’s take a look at how to put a photo on a contact in Samsung.
Using additional software
Although the standard features for editing contacts from the phone book allow you to link a picture to a specific number, when you call, it will be displayed only on a small part of the screen of a mobile device. If you want the photo to occupy the entire display of the Samsung Galaxy during an incoming call, you will need to acquire additional software that can be downloaded from the Play Market absolutely free. These programs include:
- Phone. This utility is endowed with good functionality and allows you not only to bind a picture to a contact and display it in full screen when called, but also to back up your phone book.
- Full Screen Caller Pro. Allows you to put on a contact not only a photo, but also small videos. The program has ample opportunities for initial customization, so you can easily adapt it for yourself.
- Ultimate Call Screen HD. In addition to directly linking an image to a phone number, this application also allows you to use gestures and built-in sensors to control your smartphone.
Having figured out how to set a photo on a contact on Samsung, you can decorate the design of your device and make the process of accepting a call more convenient.