How To Roll Back Firmware On iPad 2019
Almost every user of the legendary Apple products at least once in their life came across the question of how to roll back iOS on their mobile device. The process of returning the old operating system to an Apple device is usually straightforward. In order to learn how to roll back iOS, it is enough to clearly follow the instructions below and then you can not only install the old version of iOS, but also save all your data on the device.
Before installing the old version of iOS, we recommend that you take a few simple preparatory steps:
- Data backup. If in any way an error occurs during the rollback of iOS, then you risk losing all the data on your mobile phone or tablet. To avoid such troubles, it is necessary to backup data.
- Choosing the version of the operating system. Before you learn how to roll back the version of iOS, you need to select the version of the operating system. Keep in mind the fact that iOS developers have ceased to support older versions of OSes.
How to return the previous version of iOS?
So, considering the question of how to install the previous version of iOS on your mobile device, you should be guided by a simple instruction. Firstly, you need to download the version of iOS you need:
- Go to the getiOS.Com resource;
- After that, find the field in which YOUR DEVICE is written and indicate which mobile device you are using.
- Now you should see a field in which you should indicate the model of your gadget.
- In the new iOS VERSION window, you must specify which iOS OS you want to install on your device. Only after that, as you indicate the desired version of iOS, rollback can be successfully made.
Video: How To Roll Back Firmware On iPad 2019
Now we can consider how to return the old iOS on our mobile device:
- Connect your mobile device to your PC. Please note that the latest version of the special iTunes program must be installed on the PC. Otherwise, before installing an older version of iOS, you must download and install this program.
- Launch the iTunes application on your personal computer to start returning the old firmware to the device.
- After that, you must select the type of your mobile device. To do this, you can press the corresponding key in the interface or use the CTRLS key combination.
- Next, in the window that appears, click the “Browse” button and select “Update” in a new window.
- If Windows is installed on your PC, hold down the Shift button and simultaneously click on the “Update” button. If you have a Mac, hold Alt instead of Shift.
- After that, you will see a form where you should select the previously downloaded file for iOS rollback.
- Congratulations! The installation process of the old OS version has begun. In most cases, the process of installing a previous version of iOS runs pretty quickly.
So, let’s look at another option how to install the previous version of iOS on your gadget. For this we need the RedShow program. This program can be installed on both Windows and Mac. By the way, before proceeding with the rollback of iOS, you should carry out the preparatory steps described above for the safety of your data on a mobile device. It should be said in advance that this method is somewhat more complicated than the previous one, but sometimes it becomes necessary to use it for advanced PC users.
Rollback iOS firmware using RedShow should be as follows:
- Run the program.
- Select Extras and go to the Even more masonry.
- After that, click on the Restore button.
- We click on IPSW and specify the path to the file with the previously downloaded old version of iOS.
- As soon as the window pops up asking Prevent baseband update, click on the YES button to start iOS rollback.
- After this step, enable DFU mode on the mobile device.
- In a new window, specify the path to the SHSH certificates
- As soon as you see the restore successful message, you can be sure that the iOS rollback to the previous version completed successfully.