How to Roll Back Android to Factory Settings
Computers love cleanliness, both on the hard drive and dust on the hardware. If the second question can be dealt with more simply. just to clean it, then the first is not so easy. The main problem for novice users is the desire to install more “useful” programs and the inability to use the computer’s disk space correctly, which entails problems in its operation. When the situation is at its peak, users have no choice but to reset to Windows factory settings. Our article will describe in detail how to restore the system to the out-of-box view for different versions, starting with Windows 7.
What is a factory reset?
To begin with, the factory settings are the PC configuration that was installed initially and is the main one for this unit of equipment. All changes that were made by the user during use “knock down” the factory settings and the computer is no longer considered new. Reset to settings “out of the box”. transition to the initial state, i.e. getting rid of user settings in general, and, in some cases, even files and other data that remain after it.
It is recommended to perform a reset only when it is really necessary. Please note that if you previously reinstalled Windows either by yourself or with the help of computer system wizards, you may not be able to switch to the factory settings. The whole point is that if you reinstall it incorrectly (stupidly from one disc on which a pirated copy of Windows is recorded), the special recovery section on which the copy of the installation version is stored is lost on the hard disk.
This indicates that it just won’t be able to switch to the factory settings. you will need the same distribution kit that was used initially, and not any other (even if the versions of Windows match). Otherwise, you will not return the computer to its original form (programmatically) in any way. Therefore, take the reinstallation of Windows more prudently and seriously. if you use the services of the wizards, ask them to reinstall Windows so that the recovery partition is not affected. If, nevertheless, the recovery partition has been deleted. all you can do is install any convenient version of Windows using a clean installation method (with deleting all the data) and at least somehow, but create the appearance of a reset to the factory settings.
How to reset Windows 7 to factory settings
Unfortunately, the “seven” does not support a quick reset to factory settings, which is an obstacle to returning the computer to its original form without using additional knowledge. If you have a task to return the computer to its original state, you can use the following options:
- Through “Computer troubleshooting” in Additional Download Options;
- With the help of your distribution kit, which came bundled with a PC or laptop.
If you are more inclined to the second option, then you just need to boot from the distribution kit and select system recovery there. Then everything will happen on the thumb.
In the case of the first option, you need to get to the menu “Additional download options”. For most computers (laptops) this can be done with the F8 key, which must be pressed immediately after the computer starts to boot (without leaving the standby mode or hibernation). When it is downloaded, you need to select “Computer troubleshooting”.
Next, a transition to the window System Restore Options. It contains some features that can actually be used before loading the system as a whole. Among them, either a built-in reset or a proprietary one will be hidden. In this case, for example, we have the option of restoring the factory settings of the Toshiba laptop.
You will need to go to this point and follow the prompts of the built-in utility so that you can restore the factory settings. Please note that all files on the hard drive that you used / saved will be deleted permanently.
How to reset Windows 8 | 8.1 to factory settings
In the case of Windows 8, things are more favorable. The system interface provides for the use of the built-in program for returning to factory settings directly from the “Control Panel”, as well as from “Additional Download Options”. Consider this in more detail to improve understanding.
- In this version of Windows, the familiar “Control Panel” is, but you can go the simpler way to enter the desired menu. You just need to move the mouse from the top of the screen to the right of the screen. You can do this even from the normal interface, or from the Metro panel;
- Choose “Parameters”, and then “Change computer settings”:
- If you have version 8. select “Are common”, if 8.1. “Update and recovery”. We have the second option, so select the appropriate item. Further, everything happens similarly in both Windows 8 and Windows 8.1;
- Select item “Recovery” and we get three ways to restore the state of the system;
- The first option is recovery without deleting files, i.e. depending on which recovery point will be selected. This is not a return to the factory settings, so we discard this option. The second point is the complete deletion of all user files, accounts on the computer, etc. The system will be reinstalled from a hidden partition if it is not removed. Otherwise, you will need a distribution of the version of Windows that was installed initially. otherwise you won’t be able to switch to the same factory settings. The third option is a combination of the first two and additional, which in this case are not relevant.
- Push “To begin” under the second option and go through “Recovery Wizard” all stages gradually. After that, the computer will restart and return to its original state. The process is not fast, but it will be necessary to be near the PC at this time (not constantly. when the system is reinstalled, you can move away).
How to reset Windows 10 to factory settings
The “top ten” has the same recovery functionality as in Windows 8, but to get there, you need to go a slightly different path.
- To do this, log in “Start” and click “Parameters”;
- In the parameters we select Update and Security:
- Among the extended list of items (in different versions of Windows 10 it may look different), we find the item “Recovery” and push it:
- The menu items of the recovery tools have become different, but we only need one: “Restore the computer to its original state”;
- After pressing the button “To begin” You will be offered two options:
a) Just delete files from your PC (without reinstalling the system);
b) Completely reinstall the system and delete the files. a real reset to the factory settings.
You just choose what you need and then you will need to wait until the end of the process of returning to the default settings.
The debate that Windows 10 or Windows 7 is better is not abated. This phenomenon is not accidental. Microsoft developers claim that it is better than Windows 10 to find nothing, and experienced users say the opposite, they say the system is more reliable than Windows 7 now.
Sometimes when installing programs or applications, a message appears on the computer screen stating that a 5 Windows 10 error has occurred. This means that the user is denied access. This happens if there are several accounts in the system.
For a long time on our site there were no major reviews, and even more so global ones that are related to updating / reinstalling the operating system. We present to your attention a concise, but very useful overview on how to upgrade to Windows.
2 comments on “Reset to Windows factory settings”
I tried it more than once already but I want to install vin7 back and I constantly have some errors, although before the reinstallation from the disk it went fine
What to do if in Windows 10 there is no sound on music and, but on applications there is