Subscriptions to digital services can sometimes be source of problems and extra costs. Here is a guide to creating, managing, viewing and (disabling, deleting) canceling subscriptions on iPhone (any model 5, 6, 7, 8, X and SE), iPad tablets and iPod touch, as well as Apple Music services, etc. d. What is the best way to view and manage digital subscriptions on iPhone and other Apple devices? Can I unsubscribe from services like Apple Music on iPhone (or iPad)?
This is quite easy to get confused, and since any subscription costs a certain amount of money, it is very important to monitor your expenses and be able to view and disconnect paid subscriptions on iPhone in time, if you understand that you no longer need them.
To help you figure this out, we’ve prepared a comprehensive guide to managing your subscriptions on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
How to see paid subscriptions on iPhone, through settings?
It’s quite easy to see existing paid subscriptions on devices with the iOS operating system (iPhone, iPad). Information about all your subscriptions is stored in the Apple ID, and you can view it in the Settings menu.
Go to “Settings”, and then find the item “iTunes and App Store”. At the top of the screen you will see your Apple ID: click on it, and then select “View Apple ID”. Using the Touch ID scanner, go through authorization, after which you will get access to your account settings.
Click on “Subscriptions” and immediately a list of all your subscriptions on iPhone and iPad will open. (If this item is not displayed for you, this means that your account does not have subscriptions made through iOS. At the end of the article, instructions are provided just for such cases).
Have you signed up for an unnecessary App Store app on your iPhone or iPad or some music and now want to unsubscribe? Fortunately, all you need is to go to the appropriate settings section on your iPhone. In the same section, you can easily disable your subscription to iCloud, Apple Music, Spotify, Netflix and many other services. Next, we will show you in more detail how to do this.
How to cancel paid subscriptions in iPhone for applications from the AppStore?
Have you noticed that money is being spent on your card to pay for a paid subscription to an application that you are not really using or, even worse, have never been used? Here’s what you need to do to cancel your paid subscriptions on iPhone and iPad:
- To get started, open the Settings menu on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll to iTunes and the App Store.
- Click on the Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Click on “View Apple ID.”
- Use Face ID, Touch ID or enter your password.
- Wait for the Apple ID information to load.
- When the page of your account is loaded, scroll down and go to the “Subscriptions” menu.
- You will see all active and expired subscriptions.
- Select the subscription you want to cancel (disconnect, delete), and click on it.
- A page will open with detailed information about this subscription, where several alternative subscription options will be offered, as well as the ability to cancel the current subscription on iPhone or iPad.
- You just have to click on the “Unsubscribe” item.
The subscription will be disconnected at the end of the set period. for example, if the subscription is updated at the beginning of each month, then you can use the application or service exactly until the end of the current month.
How to disable paid subscription on iPhone in iTunes?
Unlike devices with iOS and tvOS operating systems, on laptops and desktop computers it is not possible to manage subscriptions in your Apple account through the system settings. To do this, go to iTunes (and log in to your Apple ID account if you haven’t already).
- Open iTunes on your Mac.
- Go to the “Shop” section.
- Click on the “Accounts” link in the right column.
- Enter your details if necessary.
- Scroll to the Settings section and click Manage Subscriptions.
- Select the subscription you want to disconnect on iPhone or iPad, and click “Edit.”
- Click on “Unsubscribe.”
As mentioned in the previous section, it is likely that the subscription that you pay for did not appear in your iTunes account settings. In this case, try logging in through a different account; if this does not help, it is recommended to contact the service provider directly.
How do I unsubscribe from music on iPhone (Apple Music)?
Note: If you first logged into Apple Music, you can instantly cancel your subscription on iPhone so that the service does not begin to debit money from your account after a trial period of three months. To do this, follow the instructions below. If you want to renew your subscription, you will need to return to this menu after three months of the trial period.
- Open the iTunes app on your iPhone.
- Scroll to the end and click on Apple ID.
- Select View Apple ID.
- Enter your Apple ID password or log in using Touch ID.
- Click on “Subscriptions”.
- Select Apple Music.
- Select Unsubscribe.
- Click Confirm.
After the end of the current period, regardless of whether it is part of a free trial subscription or a regular periodic subscription, iTunes will no longer deduct money from your accounts for it.
How to return a previously canceled subscription on iPhone?
Want to subscribe to the service again? Apple stores data about your previous subscriptions, so you can return it at any time (if the selected service is still available).
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Open iTunes and the App Store.
- Click on Apple ID.
- In the pop-up window, click View Apple ID.
- Enter the password from your Apple ID or use the Touch ID scanner.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Scroll to End Subscriptions.
- Select the subscription you want to renew.
- Select a payment method to renew your subscription.
- Enter your Apple ID password or log in using your fingerprint scanner.
When you renew the subscription, the necessary funds will be debited from the account you indicated, and the subscription will appear in the list of active ones until you cancel it again.
What should I do if you don’t see an iPhone subscription?
If the subscription that you want to view, delete, disconnect, unsubscribe, cancel or cancel does not appear in the list, you may have logged into another Apple ID account. if you have a second account, try logging in and see if this solves it a problem. If this does not help, most likely, the payment for this subscription is not charged by Apple, but by a third-party service provider, so you will need to contact him directly.