Instructions on how to force restart any iPhone
In the life of every iPhone owner, there has probably been a situation when the phone began to malfunction, freeze, glitch, slow down, or completely stop responding to pressing the touchscreen. Although the apple device is considered a quality product. Let’s figure out how to restart an iPhone. The procedure allows you to restore system processes and unload smartphone memory.
The manual is suitable for all models, starting from 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XS Max, XR, 11. 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max.
- How to restart iPhone depending on model
- Series 8, X, XS, XR, 11
- 7, 7 Plus models
- 6s and 6
- SE, 5s and older models
- Question answer
- Difference between hard reboot and normal
- What to do if the screen doesn’t work
- What to do if mechanical keys do not work
- Why freezes occur
- Can I reboot with Siri
- What to do if iPhone requires a password after restarting
- The technique itself reboots
- How to perform the procedure through a computer
- Recovery mode
- DFU mode
“Reboot” the iPhone and cure software faults, you can through the recovery mode (reset). During the recovery process, iTunes downloads the updated operating system from Apple servers. After that, the utility removes the old firmware and automatically installs the new one.
During this process, under no circumstances should you disconnect the iPhone from the computer. Otherwise:
- At best, you have to start all over again.,
- Reset settings to factory settings and customize iOS for yourself again,
- At worst. to restore the phone from a “brick” state in a service center.
When the recovery is complete, all you have to do is make the initial setup and restore your backup from the cloud.
SE, 5s and older models
If the iPhone SE, 5s or earlier model is working normally, then reboot as follows:
- click on the “Power” button located in the upper right corner of the gadget;
- hold it for a few seconds;
- turn off the phone using the touch switch that appears.
If the phone freezes and does not respond, then you need to force restart the device with two keys.
- hold the buttons “Home” and “Power” at the same time for about 7-8 seconds;
- after that we wait for the logo to appear and if suddenly the screen remains dark, then press “Power” until the device turns on.
6s and 6
To perform a standard 6 or 6S reboot, all you need to do is:
- press the “Sleep” button and hold until the switch appears on the screen.
- move it to the other side and the gadget will turn off.
- after about a minute, press this button again and the phone will turn on again.
iPhone 11 & 11 Pro: how to force restart, recovery mode, DFU mode, etc.
For an emergency restart of these models, the sequence of actions is as follows:
- press the “power” key and without releasing it press the “Home” key;
- keep them for a few seconds until the device turns off.
What to do if iPhone requires a password after restarting
A password is required, even if the iPhone has a Touch ID. This is required in order to download your data from the Secure Enclave security system, since the Touch ID sensor itself does not store user data. Therefore, if you suddenly forget the password, then you need to remotely erase the iPhone if there is a backup copy, of course, and return the device to factory settings. If there is no backup copy, then you can also remove the password through a computer using iTunes, although here you have to tinker.
When do you need to perform a Hard Reset?
It is important to remember that a factory reset implies the complete deletion of all data. from contacts to installed applications and files in the device’s memory.
After performing the action, the information cannot be restored. As a rule, restoration to the original settings is performed in the case of:
- Resale of the gadget. To use the smartphone, the new owner needs to clear all information from the smartphone. This is the only way to log in under a different Apple ID;
- The phone starts to freeze frequently or has too many installed applications, malware and other parameters that interfere with the normal operation of the system;
- Error after iOS update. There are times when, as a result of a server error, the new version of iOS is not installed on the smartphone correctly and the iPhone stops turning on.
How to restart iPhone when it is frozen so much that it does not respond to pressing the lock button? Then the so-called “hard reset” will come to the rescue of the user. With its help, it is really possible to restart the device in case of any software and hardware error. This method works on all Apple equipment, from phones to tablets of all models and configurations.
To reboot iPhone 5 in hard reboot mode is simple, simultaneously hold down the lock and Home keys, wait 10-15 seconds, the phone should go into reboot. If this does not happen, wait longer. In any case, this method will help, sometimes you just need to hold the buttons longer. The hard way will help if the sensor does not work, but it is unlikely to restore its performance, if this is not a software glitch.
instructions on how to restart iPhone 5s if the regular restart does not work, but it freezes.
How to Restart iPhone to Normal Mode
In modern mobile devices (tablets and smartphones), there is no such convenient thing as Reset, but the developers have provided the ability to perform an operation without its presence. The standard way to help reboot takes place when you turn off and reconnect the gadget:
- You must press the power key and hold it for at least 10 seconds.
- The display will show a red “Off” label that needs to be shifted to the right.
- After a few seconds, the device will turn off.
How to turn on iPhone 10? The reboot procedure in normal mode involves not only putting the gadget to sleep, but also its subsequent awakening. For the last procedure, you need to hold down the power key and hold it until the company logo appears. After a short time, the operating system will start up and start functioning as usual. This emergency method is considered the easiest, but it will not help if the power key on the device is broken.
Important! This is the only way to overload the smartphone in normal or sparing mode.
Restart iPhone 7
The iPhone 7 also did not have a mechanical Home button, but the reboot process in the absence of a touch mode and buttons response to user actions differs from newer models of the gadget. So, to restart iPhone 7 you need to:
- Simultaneously hold down for 6-10 seconds mechanically the volume control buttons (decrease or increase) in the side panel and “Power”.
- After a short time, the screen of the gadget will darken and turn off, and after a few seconds the manufacturer’s logo will appear on the display, and the boot process will begin.
This method allows you to force restart the iPhone system, but is an emergency restart.
Keyboard shortcut to restart iPhone 6s and 6
A violent restart of the operating system is used for serious and sudden problems. The manufacturer does not recommend it for a regular reboot, which must be done periodically. The procedure follows the standard algorithm:
- It is necessary to simultaneously press the “Off” keys. and Home. The latter has a built-in sensor for fingerprint recognition.
- The darkened display will soon be replaced by a company logo.
- When it spins, they can be released. This means that the activation of the start of the operating system has occurred.
Important! This technique is used to restart iPhone 6S and 6S Plus. Both versions have a mechanical Home key.
Rather, this is not even a way to reboot, but just a regular function to turn on / off the iPhone. Since the beginning of the entire line of iPhone models, 2, 3, 4, 4S, etc., the on / off button of the device was located on the upper edge of the device. The power button was moved from the upper end to the right one starting with the new models 6, 6 plus, 7, 7 plus. According to rumors, the 8 iPhone will also have the power key on the right side.
How do I completely restart my iPhone using the normal power-on option? Everything is simple and reliable. Press the power button and hold it for 10 seconds, until the slider with the inscription Turn off appears, now we swipe, the phone turns off. After a couple of minutes, turning on the gadget, we get a cleared cache, most of the glitches will never again make themselves felt. The method works if iOS is not frozen tightly, and all applications are working normally. But there are situations when a frozen device does not respond to pressing hardware buttons, then a “hard reboot” will come to the rescue.
In this tutorial, we discussed how to reset iPhone using iTunes. As you can see, resetting your iPhone isn’t your only activity. It includes a series of steps such as backup, reset and restore. We’ve provided the best solutions and detailed guides for each step. If you follow our instructions, you can easily get what you want. importantly, iPhone Data Recovery can simplify the process of restoring iPhone after setup. If you still have questions about resetting iPhone using iTunes, you can leave us a message under this article.
At least once, but every owner of an iPhone or any other iOS device faced software glitches when the device stops responding to touching the screen and pressing mechanical control buttons (Home and Power). What to do if iPhone freezes and refuses to obey elementary commands? In today’s instructions, we will introduce you, dear readers, with 3 ways to restart your iPhone from any state.
Method 2: Backup iPhone with iTunes
Step 1.Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable and launch the latest version of iTunes.
Step 2. Wait for it to detect your phone and click on your iPhone name in the upper left corner of the window.
Step 3. Tab “Summary” and find on the right. Then click the “Back up now” button in the “Manual Backup and Restore” area. After that, you can start resetting iPhone using iTunes.
Note. iTunes will back up iPhone to your computer.
How To Reset & Restore your Apple iPhone X. Factory Reset
Besides iTunes or iCloud, you can also try iPhone backup software to save all your iPhone data to computer.
How to restart iPhone using iTunes
After backing up your iPhone, you can start resetting iPhone using iTunes. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer, which can be downloaded from the Apple website.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to your computer using the cable that came with your device and open the iTunes client. If this is your first time connecting your phone to a computer, you need to click “Trust this computer” when prompted on the screen. (iPhone won’t appear on computer?)
Tip: If your phone is frozen or black screen, you need to switch to the recovery mode screen by holding the Home and Power buttons on iPhone 6 / 6s, Power and Volume Down buttons on iPhone 7/7 Plus button Power “on iPhone X / 8/8 Plus until the recovery mode screen appears.
Step 2. Once connected successfully, your iPhone name will appear on the left side of the iTunes window. Expand the “Summary” tab and click the “Restore iPhone” button on the right side.
Advice. If iTunes doesn’t recognize your phone, you should check if you have the latest version of iTunes installed, trust your computer, and use the original USB cable. Try restarting your computer and phone; then connect again.
Step 3. When the warning window appears, read the message carefully and click the “Restore” button to confirm it. ITunes will then start formatting your phone and installing the latest iOS.
Step 4. After resetting iPhone using iTunes, restart iPhone to set it up as a new device.
Hard reset iphone 6s/ 6s plus, SE, 6/ 6 / plus, 5s, 5c,5, 4s,4 (reset to factory settings)
iPhone Can’t Be Discovered by iTunes? Read this page to