How to reset LG TV to factory settings in 2 minutes: reboot on webOS and Netcast
Settings reset or hard reset of any Android mobile gadget (not only Samsung Galaxy) is to clear its permanent memory of all applications, settings and files, except those installed by the manufacturer.
- Restore device functionality in case of software or malware infection, when the failure cannot be eliminated by milder methods.
- Preparing the gadget for sale or transfer to another user.
- Optimizations after firmware upgrade.
After hard reset the smartphone does not retain any user data other than that stored in the removable memory card and SIM card (contacts). However in some cases changes performed by the user are saved. Namely:
- If you have rooted the device before undoing it. The preinstalled apps that were deleted with root access rights will not be restored after a reset.
- When activating FRP (Factory Reset Protection). enhanced owner data protection in case the phone is lost or stolen.
The device with FRP on will prompt for the user account password even after hard reset, and without it you won’t be able to access the system. Therefore it makes no sense at all to do a rollback on such a device in order to remove the forgotten password.
Algorithm of rebooting
Please note that the process of resetting the TV receiver, if it is interpreted as a reset, does not involve a return to a previous version of software. the firmware will not change. Let’s move on. There is no way to reset the Smart receiver by pressing the “Power” button, which is responsible for the activation and deactivation of the equipment. To reset all operational processes you will need to unplug the power cord from the outlet, and 3-5 minutes later plug it back in. But there is one condition that must be met: when you unplug the TV, it must work.
And only if the described process has not helped to solve the problem, you can proceed to resetting. This procedure has some differences depending on the platform used in Smart TV: earlier Netcast or advanced WebOS.
How to restart the Smart TV?
Restart the TV with the remote control
- Point the remote control at the backlight LED or status LED, press and hold the POWER button on the remote control for about 5 seconds or until the message Power off appears
- Your TV must reboot automatically
- The TV reset operation is complete.
Repair LG TVs from 45 minutes
Order the repair in our service center, and get a working device on the same day, from 45 minutes
Leave your question through the feedback form and you’ll get a call back from the wizard and answer without imposing any. or services.
How to reset LG TV
If you do not have such an opportunity to connect your TV to the Internet, or there are other reasons that prevent to carry out the update from the previous example, it is possible to do it with the help of flash drive. In this case, we download the appropriate firmware from the network, write it to a flash drive, then connect the media to the TV and run the update. TV firmware update should run itself.
In a previous article I wrote why we need to update the TV firmware. If you are going to update from a USB stick, then you’ll need to know the exact model. And best of all, look it up in the TV settings. And at the same time, we will see the current version of the firmware. Next, press the button to check for an update.
We would like to warn you in advance that incorrect flashing of the TV set can lead to its inoperability. You do all the actions with the operating system of your TV at your own risk. But if you follow all the rules and warnings, flashing LG TV will pass without any problems. In this article, you will find a detailed illustrated guide that will make flashing LG TV easy and understandable, and most importantly safe. Using the firmware for LG TV from the original source is the most reliable option.
If the problem persists after rebooting, perform a factory reset.
Performing a factory reset will erase all of your TV’s data and settings (for example: Wi-Fi and wired network information, Google account and other login information, Google Play, and other installed apps).
Owners of TV-receivers with Smart-options have the broadest opportunities, comparable with PC. they can watch not only TV, but also movies, TV-series, and other video-content online, download games, se-network, communicate in popular social messengers, and so on. All of this functionality is provided by a set of special programs called the operating system. As a result of external circumstances or internal system errors, the “smart” equipment sometimes fails, which manifests itself as freezes, brakes, failure to play any multimedia content and other signs of incorrect operation. In this case restarting the device will help. In this article we will tell you how to reset LG Smart TV.
Why do you need the TB service menu??
Every LG brand TV has a service (aka engineering) menu and you can use it to change various parameters of your TB. This is an advanced mode, very different from the usual screen with standard settings, with which every TV-lover is familiar.
With the help of a special service menu, make serious changes to the TB. To use it you need a special remote control. You should have received one with your TV. If you don’t have one, you have to buy one separately.
A universal remote control will not work in this case. You need to buy a personal remote control specifically for your brand LG TV (tell the seller when buying).
You can change the following with this menu in LG’s TB:
- Image Spectrum. In most cases, these settings are changed to restore the normal image, which can be confused for various reasons. For example the image can become too red or green.
- Screen Settings. You can zoom in and out in a special window. If you have accidentally changed the settings and the picture is cropped at the top, the bottom or the side, this feature can also help to fix the problem and return everything to normal.
- Sound. If you are not happy with how the sound bar reacts when you press the “-“/” buttons (the sound is too big/weak when you press the “-“/”), you can adjust this in the menu. Here you can also adjust various effects. ECHO, acoustic amplification, etc.д. You can even set TB so that when you turn the volume up, the sound is barely audible. It comes in handy, for example, when there is a small child in the house.
- Built-in TV functions. For example, you can configure the parameters of Smart TV /Connected TV.
- Full reset. The service menu of TV can require the user to return to the factory settings. You may need to do this if the device is unstable, hangs or crashes.
Using the engineering menu of the TV with attributes other than the standard, skilled users can turn their average TB into the very real home theater.
How to reset the Smart TV settings
Good day dear readers of PomKomp blog.In one of my articles I touched the topic of installing applications on Smart TV. As I have already told, it sometimes happens that if you perform all the actions correctly, the TV just simply refuses to install one or another widget. Because of this situation you cannot use the full functionality of your new device. Usually in this case it helps to reset the Smart TV settings. In fact, this situation can occur due to the lack of free space in the TV memory, or because of the huge number of installed applications.
For starters, without going too far, try deleting a few unneeded applications. How to do this I have described in a separate article, the link to which is provided above. If that doesn’t help, then let’s take some serious action.
In fact the process of resetting is not very difficult and many people on these lines already understand where and what they need to look for in order to fix the error that blocks the installation of applications. I will however continue with my description for new users.
So, we’ve solved the question of why we need to reset Smart TV settings, so let’s proceed directly to action.
Holding the remote control, press the “Menu” button, then select “Support” and “Self-diagnosis. How it will look like, can be seen in the figure below.
After all these steps, select “Reset” and the TV will ask for a PIN-code, before fixing the error that blocks adding a new widget.
If you have not changed it during operation, the base pincode is 0000 (four zeros).
If everything has been done correctly, the TV should reboot automatically for all the changes to take effect. After turning on TV will try to update the firmware, but successful result will be only if your device is connected to the Internet. If you do not know how to connect your TV to the Internet, then I advise you to read the article which gives you the step-by-step instructions.
Here I finish the description of how to reset Smart TV to remove the error in installing applications. I hope you found this article helpful. If for some reason you still have questions, please leave your Комментарии и мнения владельцев and I will definitely help you to solve the problem.
If you enjoyed this article subscribe to new ones and please use the buttons:
This method is used for the most serious problems. It is the only salvation when the device does not boot the operating system or during its launch there are insurmountable problems. For example, blocked by a ransomware virus.
Fortunately, for such cases in Android devices, including Samsung, there is a Recovery menu (recovery) with a hard reset function. This menu can be accessed even when the main system is completely disabled.
To enter Recovery, turn off your phone or tablet by long-pressing the power button. Then press one of the following key combinations:
- Home Power Volume Up.
- Bixby (voice-activated assistant button) Power Volume Up.
- Power Volume Up (on devices with touch Home button).
After the manufacturer’s splash screen appears, release the power button. Continue to hold the rest until the “Samsung Galaxy” inscription changes to the “Android Recovery” menu.
- Using the volume keys for navigation, select “Wipe Data Factory Reset”. Press power button once to confirm the selection.
- After returning to the Recovery menu screen, select the “Reboot system now” command. The device will restart.
If the reset and restore is successful after a few seconds you will see the desktop, which will look the same as when you picked up the phone for the first time.