What is a factory reset and when to apply it
Resetting or hard resetting any mobile gadget on Android (not only Samsung Galaxy) is clearing its permanent memory from all applications, settings and files, except for those installed by the manufacturer.
The reset function is intended for:
- Restoring the device to operability in case of software problems and malware infection, when the failure cannot be eliminated by milder methods.
- Preparing a gadget for sale or transfer to another user.
- Optimizations after firmware update.
After a hard reset, no user data remains on the smartphone, except for those stored on the removable memory card and SIM (contacts). However, in some cases, the changes made by the user are still saved. Namely:
- If, before the rollback, the device was root. Preinstalled applications removed with superuser rights are not restored after a reset.
- When FRP (Factory Reset Protection) is activated. enhanced protection of the owner’s data in case of loss or theft of the phone.
A device with FRP enabled, even after a hard reset, will ask for a user account password, without which access to the system is impossible. Therefore, it is completely pointless to rollback on such a device in order to delete a forgotten password.
ways to reset your Samsung smartphone or tablet to factory settings
By dialing code
This option is applicable under the same conditions as the previous one. In addition, he can help you out in case of problems in the system menu, if you still have access to the application for calls.
To activate the factory reset procedure, enter one of the following codes on the Samsung phone keypad:
- 27673855 #
After pressing the call button, the device will reboot and all data from it will be deleted.
Via the system menu
This method is preferable when the device boots up and works more or less normally, that is, you have access to the system menu and all on-screen buttons.
- Open the system settings utility and go to the “General” section. Some Samsung models do not have this section. If this is your case, proceed to the next step.
- Tap the “Reset” button or its equivalent. “Privacy”, “Archiving (archiving) and reset”.
- Go to “Reset device (data)”.
- Click “Delete All” or “Reset”.
Samsung Galaxy A10 Hard reset and factory data reset (soft reset)
After a few seconds, the device will restart in a zeroed state.
how to reset your Samsung phone and tablet to factory settings
Xiaomi and Meizu
To reset the settings on these devices, the use of two keys is also provided: “Power on” and “Volume up”. Release the first button as soon as the manufacturer’s logo appears.
Volume Down and Power buttons. Here you need to be careful: after the manufacturer’s logo is displayed on the screen, release both buttons for exactly 1 second, and then hold them down again and hold until the system prompts you to enter Recovery mode.
The manufacturer decided to provide a rather original solution to the problem. The device must be connected to the power supply and wait for the green indicator to light up. Find the hole with the recessed “Reset” key, and carefully press it with a special paper clip. Wait for the moment when the display lights up, and press the “Power” button several times in a row. After releasing it, go to the volume control carriage and also press it several times from the side of increasing the sound.
Factory reset phone via computer
Very often, owners notice a deterioration in the performance of Android, but they begin to take action only when problems reach critical proportions, and the device itself stops responding to touches and commands. In any case, it is advisable to perform a reset using a computer. This formatting option is considered more complex and is intended for more advanced users.
The process can take a while, but most of it goes into installing the ADB utility. After the archive with the application is downloaded to the PC, you need to unpack it and make sure that the adb executable file is present in the “platform tools” folder. If the required file is missing, you will need to go to the “Android-sdk-Windows” folder and launch the “SDK Manager”. Find “Android SDK Tools” and “Android SDK Platform-tools” among the contents, and then download them to your computer.
After installing the “Android Debug Bridge”, you can proceed directly to clearing all data on the mobile device. The step-by-step instruction assumes the following sequence of actions:
- On a PC, run the command line using the cmd command;
- On your smartphone, go to the “For Developers” section and activate the “Debugging via USB” option;
- Connect your device to your computer. To check the correctness of pairing, use the “adb devices” command;
- Go to ADB directory. To do this, enter the command “cd”, and specify the path separated by a space;
- Enter “adb reboot recovery” into the line, but without quotes, and wait until the phone starts up in Recovery mode;
- Using the external function keys, enter the menu and sequentially select the options “wipe data / factory reset”, and then “Reboot system now”.
How to Reset Settings in SAMSUNG Galaxy A10. Restore Configuration
After the end of the operation, the device will automatically reboot and look like it was on the day of purchase.
Via Google Find My Device
Apart from the traditional methods of performing a factory reset on Android devices, there is a rather unusual option. It provides for the use of the familiar to many special function “Find Smartphone”, developed by Google. Correct operation of the service is possible if two important conditions are met:
- the device must be connected to the Internet;
- you must be signed in to your Google account on your smartphone or tablet.
To use this method, you must:
- Go to the manufacturer’s website and log in to the website https://myaccount.google.com/find-your-phone?pli=1;
- Find the device using the built-in tools;
- Select the “Erase data” option and start the cleaning process;
- Confirm the intention again by pressing the button of the same name “Clear”.
As soon as the location is determined, a corresponding notification will appear on the smartphone or tablet.
What are factory settings and why reset them on Android?
The internal memory of Android is divided into separate segments, each of which performs a specific set of tasks. For example, one part is responsible for system files, the other is responsible for storing and processing data, the third is for temporary files, logs, etc. A factory reset is the removal of user data and programs, while the system registries remain intact. Technically speaking, this process involves formatting specific memory segments. At the same time, it is important to understand that in case of a failure in the operating system or after an unsuccessful flashing, restoring the normal performance of the smartphone, a rollback to the factory state will not help.
Through Fastboot Mode
If the Recovery mode seems complicated, and the cheat sheet with service codes was not at hand, you can reset the device and bring it to a pre-sale state using the Fastboot utility. It is suitable for all smartphones and is available for download on the official developer resource.
Allows you to restore the device’s performance if, for example, you do not know how to unlock the picture password on Android or Android is frozen on the startup screen saver. For a correct installation, you will need to perform a number of sequential steps:
- After the installation is complete, unpack the archive to the root directory of the C drive, then download the “Java Development Kit”, install the package, accepting the licensing terms;
- Go to the “Android SDK” folder, open it, and find and run the “Android” file among the contents;
- Install the package, having previously checked the “Accept license” option.
To perform a Hard Reset in Fastboot mode, you need to unlock the bootloader first. You can do it yourself only on Nexus devices. For owners of smartphones or tablets from other manufacturers, you will need to contact the developers, go to the official resource and fill out the appropriate form. The application should indicate the reason for unlocking. Choosing this method, it should be borne in mind that the consideration of the application may take some time, and sometimes the waiting period lasts a month.
The bootloader is unlocked in Fastboot mode. To perform a hard reset with the “Bootloader” unlocked, you need to go to Fastboot mode, and then connect the gadget to your computer in USB debugging mode. When the preparation is complete, enter certain commands in sequence on the command line:
- adb reboot bootloader;
- fastboot erase userdata or fastboot-w;
- fastboot reboot.
You can enter commands on Windows 10 in PowerShell. In this case, add “. \” At the beginning of each line.
After that, the device will reboot, and it will look similar to what it was at the time of purchase.
Hold down two keys: “Power on” and “Volume up”. Hold the buttons until the logo of the manufacturer or Android appears on the screen. a small green man, and the smartphone itself starts vibrating. Release the combination and go to a dialog box prompting you to choose one of the most satisfactory options.
How to reset Android to factory settings
The Android mobile operating system is a handy tool for performing everyday tasks using your smartphone. But even the most powerful and productive gadget over time begins to give out unpleasant surprises: it works slower, “freezes” when opening applications, or suddenly turns off spontaneously. One of the cardinal and surefire ways to fix the problem is to reset the settings and return the Android to the factory settings. And if you came here to learn how to reset Android to factory settings, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with all the methods described in our article.
How to Factory Reset Samsung from Settings Menu
A master reset will help you restore the device to factory settings, and may delete your personal data from the internal memory. downloaded content, pictures, ringtones, contacts and applications. However, this action does not erase the data stored on the SIM card or SD.
To perform a master reset, follow these steps:
- Back up all data from internal memory.
- On the home screen, press the “Menu” key and then “Settings”.
- Highlight and press “Backup & Reset”.
- Click “Factory data reset” and select “Delete all”.
How to Factory Reset Samsung with Hardware Keys
It also restores factory settings and erases personal data from internal memory without affecting the contents of the SIM or SD card.
If the device menu freezes or stops responding, you can reset the settings using the hardware keys. To perform a master reset, you need the following steps:
- Turn off the device. Press and hold the volume keys at the same time.
- Press the power key, wait for the phone to vibrate once, then release it.
- Keep holding the sound setting keys until AndroidSystemRecovery appears.
- Press the volume down button to highlight the data you want to reset. Press the power button to make a selection. Press this key again to delete all user data. Then press the power button twice more.
If your phone is not working properly, you might need to restart it and also clear the cache. This will help remove unnecessary content from the gadget’s memory. Unlike a master reset, deleting the cache does not erase your personal data.
To erase the cache, you must do the following:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold VolumeUp and VolumeDown at the same time.
- Press the power key and wait for the smartphone to vibrate once, then release it.
- Continue to hold down the volume buttons until the AndroidSystemRecovery screen appears. Press the volume down key to highlight the cache partition to be deleted.
- Hold down the required button to select the data you want to delete. Home (ICS only) or Power (GB only).
Make sure everything is highlighted correctly and restart your gadget. This method is useful in that it allows you to simply clear the device’s memory of unnecessary information. This is the softest way to help get your Samsung Galaxy S2 up and running. You can always reset the settings, so it’s best to start small. This can be verified in the course of further use of the smartphone.
How to Factory Reset Samsung in Different Ways
Sometimes it happens that the Samsung Galaxy S II doesn’t work very well. What to do in such a situation? If the phone does not function correctly, you will have to restart it through the menu or using the hardware keys. How to Factory Reset Samsung? Several ways can be applied.
Safe Mode allows you to enable your device with disabled third-party applications. By turning on the gadget in this way, you can easily remove all programs that may cause problems when loading or operating Samsung Galaxy. How to reset settings in safe mode. indicated below. You may not need a hard reset.
To enable Safe Mode and use it to troubleshoot problems, you need the following:
- Remove the battery from the phone.
- Reinsert the battery. Press and hold the Menu button and turn on the device at the same time. When you see the lock symbol on the screen, you can release the “Menu”.
- SafeMode is displayed in the lower left corner. Remove any third-party apps that are causing you problems.
- Press and hold the power key, select Power off.
- Remove the battery and reinsert it.
- Press the power button to turn on the device, but do not touch any keys during reboot.
Now you know how to factory reset Samsung. The above are the simplest methods. There are other ways, for example, flashing the device. However, these options are not recommended for non-specialists.
How to Factory Reset Android on Samsung
Probably not a single person has encountered such a problem: the new device flies, the data download speed is indeed a few seconds. But the more the device is, the worse its performance. Constant glitches, freezes and errors annoy users. Experts offer various solutions to this problem. One of them is a factory reset. It is believed that clearing the information completely will help the device perform better. How to factory reset Android on Samsung? This article is about this.
How to reset Android to factory settings on “Samsung
You can reset the settings to “Samsung” in three different ways:
- Resetting All Data Through Samsung Settings.
- Clear phone completely via service code.
- Factory reset via Recovery.
The first way through the settings is the easiest. It will help you set up your phone in a new way, reset settings and parameters. The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Select the “Settings” item in the “Menu”.
- Go to “General settings”. On modern devices, such an item may not exist, then you just need to go to the next item.
- Select the “Reset” column. It may also be called Backup and Reset, Archive and Reset, and Privacy, depending on the software version.
- Click “Reset data”.
- Confirm the selected action by clicking “Reset” or “Delete All”.
After that, the device will automatically reboot. Once enabled, it can be used again, but all data will be deleted.
Factory reset through “Settings”
The next option is using the service code. It is considered the fastest because all the user has to do is enter a specific combination. You can return to the factory settings by entering one of the following codes:
- 27673855 #
All information from the phone will be deleted.
Factory reset via service code
The third method, using Recovery, is considered the most time consuming. It needs to be disassembled in more detail, since users often have problems with it.
Hard reset Samsung smartphone via key combinations
Another way to clean your device is to use buttons. This method is carried out using Recovery. a special device boot mode that resembles a text menu. Certain combinations allow you to open Task Manager, which cannot be found in normal settings.
Note! This method is usually used when the device freezes or stops turning on. For a regular update, data reset, it is better to use the methods described above.
How to Hard Reset Android Samsung? To begin with, turn off your mobile device, if it is turned on. Then you need to hold down certain key combinations:
- “Home” volume key “Volume up” button “Lock screen”;
- If your mobile device has a Bixby key: Volume button Turn Sound Lock Screen Bixby.
- for older versions of mobile phones: volume key “Volume up” button “Lock screen”.
Factory reset via keyboard shortcut
After holding down, a dialog box will open where the user will be asked to select the next command:
- Select the line “Wipe data / factory reset”.
- Press the “Lock Screen” button once to confirm the action.
- Use the volume key to select the item “Yes” or “Yes. Delete all user data”.
- Confirm the action with the “Lock screen” key.
- The data from the device will be deleted. The text menu returns to the screen.
- Select with the volume keys the line “Reboot system now” and confirm the action with the button “Lock screen”.
Important! The device should reboot, restore work. If this does not happen, you need to contact the service center specialists. Most likely, a replacement of component parts or a new firmware is required.
Why do you need to reset the settings to “Samsung
Resetting data on Android Samsung, as well as on other devices, is a complete removal of data and information from the device: contacts, photos, music, messages, applications. absolutely everything will be deleted. Upon completion, the device resembles a new device, everything in it will have to be done from the very beginning.
When can a data reset on Android Samsung come in handy:
- if recently the device constantly freezes, overheats, reboots. Most likely, there are problems and errors in it, which over time can lead to breakdowns;
- if the antivirus program has detected extraneous software systems, viruses and spyware that cannot be removed the first time using standard tools;
- if the user wants to sell the device. Then the complete removal of information will help preserve personal personal data, avoid fraud;
- if the software (firmware) of the device was changed at the service center.
Note! As already mentioned, returning to the basic settings will lead to the complete destruction of information and any data stored on the device.
Before starting the refund process, you must:
- Save all the necessary information, documents, contacts, media data. This can be done by simply transferring it to a personal computer via a USB cable or to an SD memory card. Another option is to use cloud storage.
- Delete all passwords in the browser, untie bank cards, log out of Google and Yandex accounts.
After completing these steps, you can do a factory reset on Android “Samsung”.
Performing a Hard Reset on older versions of Samsung Galaxy
There are several ways to reset your Android device, as already mentioned. But not all of them may be suitable for older versions of Samsung Galaxy. In this case, experts recommend cleaning using a computer. To do this, you need to install the Android System Development Kit. It is available for free download on the developer’s website.
The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Enable the “USB Debugging” function on the device. To do this, go to “Settings”, select the column “For developers”. “USB-settings”. “General”. “About phone”. “Information programs”.
- A list of devices and drivers will open. Opposite each one must be ticked. This is necessary for the device to be able to connect with a personal computer.
- In order for a personal computer to see a smartphone or other device, it is necessary to download drivers for it. They are also available on the developer’s site.
- Connect the device using a USB cable to the computer.
- Run the command line, write the following query in it: “C: \ Users \ Username \ AppData \ Local \ Android \ Android-SDK \ platform tools”.
- Enter ADB reboot into Recovery.
The device will reboot and be ready for use again.
Factory reset is a good way to optimize device performance and make it faster. This is especially important for smartphones and tablets that have more than two to three years of service life. Such an update will not only fix many errors, but also increase the operating time. the phone will last longer.
If you have lost your gadget and do not want someone to use your data, you can remotely wipe your phone. This option is also possible. But only on condition that the gadget remains turned on and with an active Internet.
- Go to the main page of “Google” and log into your account.
- Then open the app drawer and click “My Account”.
- Next, you need to select “Phone search”. Despite the name, tablets are also easily detected.
- Select the desired device and select “Delete all data”.
After that, you will need to re-enter your account password. If double authorization is enabled, instead of SMS, you can send a confirmation letter to your mail.
How do I reset the settings on “Samsung” to factory settings? Instructions
When using any technique, people often have various problems, because of which they involuntarily want to rewind time and not make this or that mistake. Fortunately, this does not apply to mobile gadgets. Knowing how to reset the settings on “Samsung“, you can roll back all changes to the basic (factory) settings and start using your phone or tablet from scratch.
Despite the fact that we are considering the question of how to reset the settings on “Samsung” in a quick way, there are a few things that need to be done manually. As we found out above, in order for the data to be completely cleared, on “Android” version 5.1, you need to manually demolish the “Google” account. How to do it?
- Go to the settings in a way that is already known to you.
- Next, you need the “Cloud.” Some models may not have it.
- Then you need “Accounts”.
- Choosing a Google account.
- Press the “Menu” button of the phone or “Options” on the screen.
- Tap “Delete Account”.
You can now delete your Samsung phone settings. How exactly to do this, we will describe below.
What else needs to be done before resetting “Samsung” to factory settings? Synchronize your contacts first.
- Go to phone settings and select Google account.
- Then specify “Sync”.
- Synchronize all the data you need. This way you can restore all contacts and files on another device.
Before you restore the factory settings of “Samsung Galaxy”, you can reset all data from the flash drive to the corporate cloud. This operation is carried out all in the same tab of the “Cloud and accounts” settings. If you do not have access to the Samsung cloud, you can use Yandex.Disk or Google Drive. Remember that if you use data encryption for a flash drive, then when you reset to factory settings, “Samsung” will delete the passkey (decryptor) and the data will become inaccessible. So be sure to copy them to the cloud.
In addition to the above method, you can also use backup and restore. This method will also require you to be connected to the Internet and is no different from cloud storage.
If your gadget hangs at the boot stage, you can use the “hard reset” through the system menu. To do this, you need to do the following.
- Turn off your phone.
- Press three buttons on the device at the same time. “power”, “sound up” and “home” (center button on the panel). In some cases, you don’t need to press the third button.
- After the gadget starts up and the “Samsung” logo appears, release the power button, but continue to hold the rest.
- If the menu does not appear, then try another key combination.
- In the Recovery menu, use the volume buttons to control the pointer and find the item Wipe Data or Factory reset.
- Use the power button to confirm.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- In this case, the device will not turn off. After deleting the data, you will be returned to the main menu, where you will have to select the Reboot system now item.
The first way
So, we finally got to the method of how to reset “Samsung” to factory settings. There are two ways to solve this problem.
- Turn on your phone.
- Enter device settings.
- Next, you need either “General”, or immediately the “Archive and reset” item. In rare cases, it can be “Confidentiality”.
- After that select, respectively, “Reset device”. Item description may differ depending on phone firmware.
- Next, you need to click “Delete all” or “Reset device”.
- After that, the gadget will restart. As with the first startup of any device, it may take a little longer than usual.
Thus, you can easily delete all your data and fix a number of software errors.
Before resetting the settings to “Samsung“, be sure to check the version of your operating system (“Android”). The fact is that starting from version 5.1 “Google” has implemented an anti-theft system in its product. It lies in the fact that if the user does not delete his Google account in advance, then after returning to the basic configuration he will not be able to turn on the device until he enters the old data.
- Turn on the device and go to the main menu.
- Then you need to go to “Settings”.
- Now we are interested in the “About device” tab
- Scroll down the screen and find the line with the version of “Android”.
The phone does not turn on
Now you know how to reset Samsung. If your device won’t start after a data reset, try the following tips.
- Reflash your phone. If you are confident in your abilities, you can do it yourself using a computer. Or take it to the service.
- Discharge your phone to zero and then charge to 100%.
- The simplest and most technical bugs can be solved jointly on various technical forums.
- If all else fails, contact the service center. It will be better if you do this before any serious manipulations with the gadget, since independent attempts to solve problems can lead to a denial of free service and void the warranty.
Reset Samsung to Factory Settings
Method. through the menu
Open your phone settings and go to General Settings. Here we need the item “Reset”, it can also be called “Archiving and Reset” or other variations. Click on it.
Next, select the item to reset data / device. Confirm that you want to delete everything and the erasing process will begin. The device will be booted to zero.
How To Reset Samsung Galaxy A10. Hard Reset
Back up Android so that all settings, contacts and other data are in the cloud. And in the future, you could return them. Photos can be downloaded to SD card or computer.
Sign out of your Google and Samsung account if you don’t want to use them anymore on this device, for example. before selling. We examined in detail how to do this in the article. how to delete a Samsung account from the phone. Open settings. accounts and unlink everything.
Method. via Recovery
Disconnect your smartphone / tablet. press and hold the power button until a menu appears where you need to select the shutdown item.
Press and hold the two keys on the body of the device. volume up and power up. If there is a home button, then hold it down as well.
As soon as an inscription appears with the name of the smartphone, release the power key. The rest of the keys should be released as soon as the Recovery menu appears.
You can navigate through the menu items using both the touch screen and the volume buttons. Select “wipe data / factory reset” by going down to it and pressing the power button. Confirm that you want to reset everything.
Go to “Reboot system now”, press the power button and agree to reboot. Smartphone will boot completely reset.
Interesting! We also considered this method in the material. how to unlock a Samsung phone if you forgot your password. It is great in cases where a smartphone or tablet cannot even be opened at all.
How to Factory Reset Samsung
You can reset the settings on a Samsung phone or tablet in several simple ways, which we will look at today in the illustrated instructions.
This procedure often helps out when the device malfunctions, brakes, or other errors. It does not harm the system and “resets” the device to its initial state.
The previous post was about how to enable T9 on Samsung. In this article, we will look at the Samsung hard reset process, i.e. how to reset a Samsung phone or tablet to factory settings as simple and fast as possible.
Interesting! Always Hard Reset Samsung devices before selling or if you want to give your device to someone for a long time. This is necessary to protect your data. so that it does not fall into the wrong hands.
These were the easiest ways to do it. Even a locked device can be reset through the Recovery menu, this method is more flexible, use it if it does not work through the menu.
Demand through recovery
Step 2. Press and hold the “Power” button, the “Home” button, and the “Volume Up” button.
Step 3. Wait until the phone vibrates, then release only the “Power” button.
Step 4. Wait for the Android System Recovery screen to appear, then release the “Home” and “Volume Up” buttons.
Step 5. Press the “Volume Down” button and select the “Wipe data / factory reset” option.
Reset in Settings Menu.
Step 1. Press “Menu” on the home screen.
Step 3. Select “Backup and reset” (“Archive and reset”).
Step 5. Click on “Reset Device”. If you have activated the screen lock feature on your device, you will need to enter a password or PIN before proceeding.
Step 6. Select “Delete All”. Your phone will erase all settings and erase all your data, then reboot.
Press the “Power” key to select an option.
Step 7. Press the “Volume Down” button to highlight the “Delete all user data” option.
Step 8. Press the “Power” button again to select an option. Your phone will go through the process of resetting all settings and then upon completion you need to select “Reboot system now”.
Step 9. Press the “Power” key to reboot the system and complete the master reset.
How to hard reset on a Samsung Galaxy
Factory reset on Galaxy smartphones can be useful in case you encounter a serious system problem or just want to restore your smartphone to factory settings. However, a factory reset will completely erase all personal data and system settings. Below are 3 ways to reset the settings using the example of Galaxy S3. But everything is exactly the same on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, S5 and any other smartphones and tablets that run on Android.
Resetting the settings using the dialer application
Step 1. Open the dial pad on your phone, which is indicated on all phones by a green icon, which should be on the home screen.
Step 2. Enter 27673855 #. Your device should do a hard factory reset and delete all your personal data.
Now you know all the ways to do a hard reset of your Samsung Galaxy smartphone. It is worth noting that this should be done only in extreme cases, and do not forget that all gadget data will then be deleted.!
How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy A10 Phone from Settings Menu?
Attention! Because of FRP (Factory Reset Protection, that is, protection against reset), Android will ask you to enter your account login and password, which was assigned before the Hard Reset procedure. Therefore, if you plan to sell a smartphone, you need to log out of your Google account (“Settings”. “Accounts”. “Google”. “Delete account”) before resetting so that the person who receives your phone can activate their profile on it.
Given the wide range of Android phones and the difficulty of describing the factory reset process for a specific model, we will show the guide using three fundamentally different devices and firmware as examples:
- Mi A1 on pure Android, which is also used in Nokia, Motorola, OnePlus (has a slightly redesigned system) and in all devices released about the Android One program;
- Galaxy S7 running Samsung Experience. Recall that the Korean corporation is the largest smartphone manufacturer in the world, so it makes sense to show this shell too;
- Redmi Note 5 on MIUI. The products of this company are in great demand in the CIS, so we could not ignore it.
The easiest way to do Hard Reset is through a special menu in the system parameters. Note again that the location and name of the items may differ slightly depending on the phone used. The main thing is to find the main category for recovery and reset.
Samsung Galaxy S7 (shell Samsung Experience)
- Go to the settings in a way convenient for you.
- At the bottom, click on the “General Settings” tab.
- Select “Reset” (“Backup and reset”).
- Tap on “Reset data”.
- Click on the blue reset button.
- Enter the device PIN and click “Next”.
- Click on “Delete All” (“Reset Device”).
Your phone will restart. It will remain to customize it as after purchase.
Factory reset (hard reset) for Samsung Galaxy A10 phone
There are many reasons why you may need to perform a Hard Reset on your Samsung Galaxy A10 smartphone. Typically, this procedure is performed to restore the health of the system, which has been violated by viruses, deleting system files, “clumsy” firmware update and many other things. Hard Reset is very easy to perform on any smartphone, but you should be aware of the consequences of this action and be able to back up the system and files. We will describe all this in detail below.
Xiaomi Mi A1 (pure Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Click on the “Settings” icon in the application menu or launch them using the icon in the notification shade.
- Scroll down and go to the “System” section.
- Click “Reset”.
- Select “Erase All Data” (“Reset to Factory Settings”).
- Confirm your intention by pressing the button below.
- Enter the device PIN and click “Continue”.
- Select “Erase All”.
The device will reboot and you will need to go through the initial setup again as if it were a new phone.
How to create a backup?
Attention! A reset will erase all data on your Samsung Galaxy A10 phone. If you have not backed up your contacts, images, videos, documents and everything else, then you must do so, otherwise you will lose all personal information that was on the device.
To avoid losing your data, follow these guidelines.
- Transfer photos, documents and videos to your computer via USB cable. You can also use Google Photos to backup images, and Google Drive cloud service is suitable for documents and folders, but you can upload the number of files to it. You will have to pay to expand storage.
- In order not to lose contacts and applications, activate cloud sync in the settings. Go to the path “System”. “Advanced”. “Backup”. Enable Google Account Backup.
Once done, you can Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy A10.
Redmi Note 5 (MIUI firmware)
- Open “Settings”.
- Go to the “Advanced Options” window.
- Click on “Backup and reset”.
- Select “Factory data reset”.
- To remove absolutely all applications and files, check the “Clear internal memory”.
- It remains to click on “Reset settings” and enter the password, if required.
Attention! As you can see, the main thing is to find the “Reset” section. In order to be guaranteed not to “wander” in all parameters in search of the desired menu, it is easier on the main page to enter the query “Reset” in the search box. Select the desired menu from the proposed list and you will immediately get into it. And then everything is as in the instructions.