How To Reset Settings On Android Redmi
It’s time to move on to more sophisticated methods of rolling back your Android smartphone or tablet to factory settings. First, let’s take a look at resetting via recovery mode. To start Recovery, you need to hold down several keys, depending on the manufacturer of the device:
- Volume down button device on / off button;
- Volume up button on / off key;
- Volume up or down button Home key power key;
- Volume up button volume down button device on / off button.
If you press and hold these items for about 10–20 seconds, your smartphone / tablet will turn off and start in Recovery mode. The further aLGorithm of actions is as follows:
- Go to the item “Wipe data / factory reset”;
Click on the “Yes. Delete all user data” button;
Click on “Reboot system now.
Again, in Xiaomi and Meizu, this method has several differences. So, in the first case, the recovery mode is launched by holding down the volume up button and the on / off key, and it is available initially in Chinese. Therefore, first you need to switch the language. Press the right button located in the second row from the bottom. Then everything is SIMple:
- Select the item “Recovery”;
Click on “Wipe All Data”;
Confirm the action by clicking on the “Confirm” button.
After that, you need to go back to Recovery and restart your device. The first start-up may take even a few minutes.
As for Meizu, here, too, everything is not the same as on other smartphones. You can start Recovery by holding down the same keys as in the case of Xiaomi. Volume “” and the power button. Then you just need to select the item “Clear data”, and then click “Start”.
To navigate the recovery mode, you must use the hardware keys. So, to go down the list, you should press the volume down button, and you can go up by pressing the volume up button. The on / off key of the smartphone / tablet is responsible for confirming the action.
Now let’s find out about one of the most unusual factory reset options on smartphones and tablets with the Android operating system. It consists in using a special service that was developed by Google and is called Find My Device. But immediately it is necessary to stipulate two nuances:
- Smartphone / tablet must be connected to the Internet;
- The device must be signed in to a Google account.
Without these two conditions, you will not be able to perform a Hard Reset. First, you need to follow the link https://www.Google.com/android/find, log into your account (the same as on the device), click on “Erase data”, click on the “Clear” button and confirm action.
A few words should be given to one of the most popular custom Recovery. TWRP. Its advantage is that it makes it possible to delete individual parameters of the smartphone, and not all at once.
To do this, select the “Wipe” section in the main menu, and then you should perform your choice of the action you need:
- Swiping from left to right performs a Factory Reset;
- “Advanced Wipe” allows you to mark the sections that need to be removed;
- “Format Data” allows you to format the device and delete all data from memory.
To confirm the action in the last two cases, a swipe across the screen is also used. To reboot the device, click on the “Reboot System” button.
I would like to start with the SIMplest method of resetting the parameters to the factory settings, namely, using the service codes. In order to use this method, you do not need to obtain superuser rights or perform any other complex manipulations. You just need to type one of the following key combinations on your smartphone:
- 27673855 #;
How to factory reset Android
Most of the owners of smartphones running Android OS have experienced slowdowns in the operation of the device. You can fix the problem by resetting all settings. After that, the device should work again without lags. However, if the braking was not caused by software, but by hardware malfunctions, rolling back the parameters will not help. Today we will analyze how to reset the phone to factory settings.
Hard Reset will erase the data stored in the internal memory. Files located on the memory card will remain intact.
There are several ways to reset Android settings:
- Via the options menu;
- Through recovery mode;
- Using secret codes;
- Via Fastboot mode;
- Using Google service.
There is another method thanks to which you can easily roll back the device to the factory settings. Its disadvantage is that it cannot be used if the device does not turn on.
For most smartphones and tablets, factory reset is done in the Backup and reset section of the options menu. The device will show you what data you are at risk of losing. If everything suits you, feel free to confirm the action by entering a password or a pattern (if such protection means are installed).
Things are a little different on smartphones and tablets from companies like Meizu and Xiaomi. The thing is that these manufacturers decided to hide the rollback function to factory settings. So, to reset the parameters on Meizu, follow these steps:
- Open the options menu;
- Select the item “About phone”;
- Go to the “Memory” section;
On Xiaomi tablets and smartphones, open the “Advanced” section in the settings, then go to the “Restore and reset” tab, then click on “Reset settings”, select “Personal data” and confirm the action with a password, fingerprint, pattern or PIN.
6 ways to do a factory reset on Android Method 6
It’s time to get to know the latest factory reset method on Android. It differs from the above in that a personal computer is needed to roll back the parameters to the factory settings. In addition, to perform a Hard Reset in Fastboot mode, you must first unlock the bootloader. You can do it yourself only on Nexus devices.
If you own a smartphone or tablet from any other manufacturer, you will have to fill out the appropriate form on your company’s website, indicating the reason for unlocking. Consideration of an application may take even a month.
It should be noted that the bootloader is unlocked via Fastboot. This will automatically reset the device to factory settings. Further, to make a Hard Reset with an already unlocked Bootloader, you need to go to Fastboot and connect the device to a personal computer in USB debugging mode. When everything is done, you should enter the following commands on the command line:
- Adb reboot bootloader;
Fastboot erase userdata or fastboot.W;
Instead of command line on Windows 10, you can use Windows Power Shell. In this case, at the beginning of each command, you must add without quotes “. \”.
But what to do if Recovery appears, but does not respond to the touch of a finger?!
To move through the items, you can use the buttons. Decrease to increase the sound, therefore, these will now be up and down keys. And by choosing reset, you can confirm your action with the key. Power.
Next, you need to move to the point “Wipe data / factory reset”. The desired menu will open and further, you only need to confirm the complete deletion of all data, that is, press the android power button again. The action to reset all the information has begun, and when the process ends, you will need to select an item called. Reboot System, which means that the phone will start rebooting. After this operation, Android will be “clean” and functional, but without personal information.
Method two: Using hardware buttons.
So, how to factory reset on Android?
Press the “button” to turn on the phone and hold it until Android turns off completely. Further, in the recovery mode, called “Recovery”, you must press the key combination at the same time, and these are two or three buttons. The combination is different, depending on the android model and manufacturer, but they must be pressed only to enter the “Recovery” mode.
For example, these are the keys: reduce the sound and the power button of the hadroid, in the models “Acer” and “Asus”.
And in “Lenovo” these are three buttons: increase the volume, power and decrease the volume. Press them at the same time and hold until you feel the vibration of the smartphone. And then press the volume up button four times. Then, press two buttons SIMultaneously: power and increase the volume.
Android model “Huawei” For ten seconds, SIMultaneously hold down two buttons: power and decrease the volume. Then, SIMultaneously press the buttons: power and in the center, adjust the volume button. Hold, in the same way, for ten seconds. As soon as the android logo appears, release the power button, but keep holding the volume key. After that, a picture of an androd will appear. A robot with gears, holding down the key in the center of the volume control, smoothly switch to increasing the volume. Keep holding until a green bar appears, indicating loading.
For the LG smartphone, the combination looks different, these are two keys: Power and volume down. As the logo appears, lower both buttons, and after one second, press them again SIMultaneously. Hold until the entry to the “Recovery” mode appears.
It’s a little different for Samsung. Press three buttons SIMultaneously: volume up, “Home” and power, or a combination of two buttons. Power and volume up.
If in the hands of the adnroid “Sony”, then you need to do this: SIMultaneously press the buttons. Power and increase the volume. Or like this: connect your smartphone to the mains. Wait until the green indicator lights up, indicating the power of the phone. Then, using a paper clip, press the recessed “Reset” button, the screen will immediately light up and for a few seconds, hold down the power button. Then, release the button and press the sound increase button five to six times.
There are two options for Prestigio. First: a combination of power and volume up. Second: a combination of power and sound reduction.
For android models “Xiaomi” and “Meizu”, the combinations are the same, these are: power and increase the volume, then release the power key and wait for the logo to appear on the screen, keep the volume up button further. After waiting for the “Recovery” menu to appear, remember that the question was asked about how to reset the Android settings to factory settings? Continue phone recovery.
Method One: Using the Menu.
An elementary method that will help a smartphone return to the state when it was sold. Simply reset all data by pressing the corresponding “button” in the Menu. But, this method is suitable only for those androids that do not freeze when moving through the points.
- Move and press the following “buttons”: Menu. Settings. Restore Reset.
- Next, move to the very bottom of the list and there will be a button, which is called differently in each smartphone model. This is either “Reset settings”, or “Erase all data”, maybe “General reset”, or “Reset phone settings”, or something else.
- As soon as the “button” is pressed, the OS will warn the user that all data and personal information, as well as settings, applications, phones, will be erased. It remains only to confirm the intention to delete all this by pressing the button. “Erase”.
How to factory reset Android?
Android’s mobile OS is not only an easy-to-use little thing with which you can perform many daily tasks, but, at the same time, a capricious smartphone, which, at the most inopportune moment, can “freeze”, give an error and “glitch”. The problem of a “tired” operating system can be solved quickly, just reset all settings. Also, this procedure is necessary even if it is decided to sell an Android smartphone.
So, in more detail, how to factory reset on Android? When buying a smartphone, it “flew”, quickly responded to a call, search, and now it can completely infuriate, because it takes a very long time to open menu items, and launching any application is generally unrealistic. It’s time to do a full factory reset. BUT, there is one important point!
Third method: symbols and signs are used in combination.
Press like this: “Phone” application and code: “###”, or “27673855 #” or “###”, then. “Call”. Then Android will reboot and start erasing all data and information.
Reset and Reboot functions
Many people confuse the word Reset with the word Reboot. If the user is experiencing significant lag or any other problem they want to fix without losing all their data, they will use the Reset function, which will SIMply reboot the phone. If you apply Reboot before you reset “Android”, then you need to be prepared for the fact that this function will delete all data and phone settings.
The difference between soft and hard. It is equivalent to the words Soft and Hard, which come from SOFTware and HARDware. This means that if the user is using the software to restart the Android phone, it is SOFT. Pulling out the battery would be a hard boot as it touches the device’s hard drive. Hard Reboot requires the user to do something with their phone’s hardware.
Some devices, such as the Nexus 5 or Samsung Galaxy S6, do not have removable batteries. To SIMulate battery power, turn on the phone while holding down the power and volume down buttons so that the screen turns off and the reboot animation appears. If the user did not manage to make a backup before resetting the Android phone, all data from the device will be lost.
However, since most of the device’s content is tied to its Google account, such as downloaded applications, contacts, messages, emails, it can try to recover its data from the cloud.
If the user has an Android phone, he can make a so-called Nandroid backup before resetting the Android phone to factory settings, which can be easily restored later, and the device will be in its previous state.
Complete erasure of personal data
Before selling your phone or sending it to the manufacturer for warranty repair, it is recommended that you delete all personal data from the device. Before you reset the settings on “Android” from “Samsung”, do the following:
- Resetting your mobile phone to factory settings.
- Wipe mobile phone data: manually or using the Shredder app.
- After resetting the phone, set up the smartphone again, but this time with a different Gmail address.
- Download random sample images to your smartphone.
- Create imaginary contacts and install various applications that they have never used before. This overwrites old data that can no longer be recovered.
- Turn off the phone and reset to factory settings.
A convenient alternative to manual removal is the so-called shredding attachment. Restart the phone to factory settings again, then load an app like iScredder.
All Shredder apps are designed to automatically override old storage with random content, so personal data cannot be recovered. After that, you can reset your phone and sell it without any problems.
Reboot TVs with Android
As you know, any Android device needs a reboot from time to time to keep it running smoothly. Over time, they become bloated with redundant files and data, and all this makes them run slower. Performing a factory reset removes all layers and restores the device to its original factory state. This means it should work the same as new.
To perform a factory reset on TVs you will need a Toothpick keyboard and USB, especially if the remote doesn’t work. The following steps are taken:
- Disconnect the device from power.
- With the power off, place the pin in the AV or SPDIF port on the back of the box. If you press gently, you will feel a small button.
- Press it lightly until you feel like it is pressed.
- Hold down the button and turn on the power again.
- Continue to hold the button until the logo appears.
- When this happens, she is released.
- The TV immediately goes into startup mode.
- Move on to the final stage.
- If this does not happen, the user will be taken to another screen that asks how to load the device. A menu should appear.
- Using a USB keyboard, press until the reset mode is highlighted.
- Press a tab on the keyboard.
- Choose to delete all user data.
- Wait until the process is complete, select the reboot device and click the tab.
- After reboot, provide your login credentials.
Soft reset phone
If the device freezes or starts acting very strange or slow, for example ignoring touch input, the first thing the user should try is to perform a soft reset, otherwise known as turning off / on the smartphone. There are several options for resetting Android devices:
- Hold down the power button until the boot menu appears and then press Power off.
- Remove the battery, wait a few seconds, and then reinstall it. This only works with a removable battery.
- Hold down the power button until the phone turns off.
- You may need to hold down the button for a minute or more.
- After any of these methods, wait 10-30 seconds and turn on the phone again.
Unresponsive touch screen
Sometimes there is a situation when the touch screen of a smartphone does not respond well. Elimination of external causes:
- The external environment causes the screen to become less sensitive.
- The magnet affects the phone, so the touch screen does not work properly, the phone must be kept away from the magnetic field.
Static electricity, sweat, and grease on the hand cause the phone to become unresponsive to touch. Before touching the screen again, make sure your hand is clean, dry and free of static electricity. Unplug the Android phone from the power source to stop charging, after which the phone will most likely get rid of the problem. In particularly hot or cold temperatures, it is easy to obtain an unresponsive touch screen. Therefore, in this situation, it is better not to use the phone.
The process of troubleshooting internal crashes, or how to reset “Android” on Samsung:
- Disconnect the power supply and restart the device.
- Turn off Android phone and tablet completely.
- After 1 or 2 minutes, press and hold the Power key to turn it back on. Then the touch screen will work as usual after the device is restarted.
- Remove the memory card and SIM card; sometimes the error may be on the memory card or on the SIM card.
- If the device provides a removable battery function, you need to pull off the back cover of the mobile phone and remove the battery.
- Wait 1 or 2 minutes, then reinsert the battery and turn on the smartphone.
- Boot the device in safe mode. This will help you know if the touchscreen crash is caused by a recently installed program.
- Install an anti-virus program. If the sensor failure does not affect the ability to download applications from the Play Store, download and install the antivirus application and scan the phone. It can solve all problems.
- Calibrate the screen.
- Various programs are available on the Play Store that can calibrate your phone’s touchscreen and improve the accuracy of your experience. These programs are very effective, especially when the touch screen is inaccurate or slow.
- Apply Factory Reset Android in recovery mode. If the screen is completely unresponsive, then it’s time to restart your phone in this mode. Although this will erase the information stored on the Android device, so you need to apply this solution as a last resort and, if possible, back up and restore your Android data in advance.
Crash: Android stuck in boot process
There are situations when the device is locked, and the user does not have a password, in which case you will need to uninstall the lock application. Before resetting “Android” using the buttons, if it gets stuck in the boot process, follow these steps:
- Remove the battery and wait for the capacitor to discharge.
- Press and hold the Left Side Button (Top and Bottom), Right Side Button (Top Only), and I / O Button at the same time.
- Continue to hold all buttons until the logo appears on the screen.
- Releasing only the I / O button and still holding the other side buttons.
- Release all buttons after the Android logo appears.
- Move to “Recovery Mode” and press the upper right side to confirm.
- When Android appears with a red triangle, press the button.
- The device is now in recovery mode.
- Then, before you reset the “Android” buttons to factory settings, use the right side buttons to move to “Reset settings” and press the “Enter” button to confirm.
- Performing a factory data reset completely removes all data, files, and downloaded applications from your computer’s memory. This is a useful trick for troubleshooting a device or selling it.
However, if the user only troubleshoots issues, it would be nice if they reset Android without losing data.
Button recovery tools
When it comes to factory restore, there is little disagreement between Samsung phones and the user may need to find specific instructions before resetting “Android” to “Samsung”. The main functions of the phone buttons:
- After turning off the power, press Volume Up Power, until the recovery menu appears.
- Use Volume Down to scroll through the settings mode and Power to select the mode.
- Use Volume Down to scroll through the delete position and press the Power button before selecting.
- Press the Power button to select the reboot system.
- Some Samsung devices require users to hold down the Volume Up and Home key and then press and hold Power until the Samsung logo initiates a factory reset.
- While holding Volume Up, press and hold Power until the Fastboot screen appears.
- Apply Volume Down to go to Recovery and press the Power button to select the mode.
- When Android icon and red exclamation mark appear, quickly press the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
- Apply Volume Down to scroll through the factory reset and press the Power button to select the mode.
- After complete cleaning, press the Power button to select the reboot mode.
Reset in recovery mode
Sometimes it is impossible to reset the settings, for example, if the user has forgotten his password or the smartphone does not start properly. Then only a hard reset in recovery mode will help. It allows you to access the base system of any Android devices. Procedure to reset “Android” to factory settings with the buttons:
- First turn off the power, and then for several seconds SIMultaneously press “Power”, “Volume up” and “Home”.
- A menu will appear with many settings to calibrate the software. It’s best to make changes that the user is confident about.
- In this mode, before “Samsung” with “Android” is reset to factory settings, move using the volume buttons.
- Select the “Erase data or reset factory settings” item and confirm the action.
- Now Samsung Galaxy is reset to factory mode and user data will be deleted.
Making a backup
Before restoring your phone to factory settings, make sure you have backups of all important data. If it’s still possible and your phone allows it, it’s best to make a full backup of your personal information. To create it before resetting your Android phone, you can use the manufacturer’s software, for example, Samsung Smart Switch or for older Samsung KIES devices, a Google account or additional backup applications such as MyPhone Explorer or Helium Backup.
Once all your contacts, photos, user settings and applications have been backed up, you can start the reset. Simply through the menu on your smartphone. This option basically works on all versions of Samsung and tablets.
Before you reset the phone with “Android” to factory settings, perform the following operations:
- Go to “Settings” in the phone menu.
- Opens “Backup and Reset”.
- In the case of Samsung Galaxy S8, you can do a “Reset” through “General Administration”. A message will appear stating that it is possible to back up all application data, Wi-Fi passwords and other parameters via a Google account.
- Set the checkbox to the “Restore automatically” option if you want to restore the saved data immediately during a new installation of the application.
- For a hard reset, click on the “Factory data reset” option. A hint will appear indicating which data and accounts will be affected, the user will also have the option to save the information to the inserted SD card.
- Press “Reset device” and again, before resetting “Android” buttons, confirm this step.
- Click “Delete All” and enter PIN or password for security reasons.
- After that, the device will reboot with factory settings.
How not to lose data when resetting Android settings
Restoring the default settings is associated with the loss of all data stored on the phone. All programs, documents, video and audio files, pictures, passwords and contacts are deleted by the system.
There are two ways to store important information:
- Transfer data to micro SD drive. If an external storage was purchased when purchasing the phone, all the necessary information can be copied to it using the file manager. In the absence of a card, it can be purchased immediately before returning the factory settings to the Android smartphone.
- Phone data can be saved by uploading it to the Google Drive app. In fact, this program is an analogue of “cloud” storage. The user can download and store 5 GB of various information, and if he pays extra, this volume can be increased up to 1 TB. The application is installed from the Google Play.
Factory reset on Samsung (Android phone)
This phone brand is one of the most widespread, so it should be mentioned separately. In particular, for Samsug gadgets, to exit to Recovery, press (SIMultaneously): “Power on”, “Home” and the volume key “”. The combination must be held until the menu appears.
If the reset is made through the settings menu, select the “General settings” section and go to the “Reset” item (it can also be called “Privacy”, “Archive and reset”). At this point, select the action “Reset data” (or “Reset device”). After confirmation, the phone will return the system to its original form.
How to restore factory settings on Android using service codes
The owner of the phone must go to the dialing menu and enter a code combination consisting of numbers and symbols. Manufacturers program their products differently, plus the codes change over time. Therefore, for each specific model, especially the uncommon one, it is better to check the code on the Internet.
However, there are some of the most popular combinations:
- 27673855 #
After the introduction of one of them, the system will return the phone to its original program state.
How to Factory Reset Android in Phone Settings
The phone must be switched on. To return to the factory settings of your Android device, go to the general settings section. There we find the item “Restore and reset”, where we select the action “Reset settings”. After that, the system will warn the user about deleting data and ask to confirm the operation. After completing the procedure, the phone will reboot and start the operating system with the old settings.
Android factory reset apps
The above methods on how to factory reset Android phone didn’t work? You can try downloading one of the specialized applications. These programs independently roll back the system to its original state. Examples include:
- “SIMple Factory Phone Reset”. When launched, it opens a screen with a white background with a large “Start” button in the middle, which begins the process of “rolling back” the settings. Able to remove “buggy” programs individually, without touching the system data;
- “Phone Hard Reset”. After launching it displays a menu with two windows. One of them offers to read the instructions, and the second resets the settings;
- Phone Factory Reset. Makes a complete rollback and reboot of the system. In the main menu of the program, you need to click “Full Factory Reset”.
Application manager. Allows you to delete downloaded or system applications. His duties also include: search.
It is the most powerful Windows optimization tool. The main function of the program is cleaning. It is supposed to delete temporary files.
How to reset iPhone to factory settings, when the phone starts loading for a long time, applications stops turning on and.
- How to remove root Android rights in three minutes
- Wi-Fi does not work on a laptop: we solve it in three clicks
How to reset settings if you forgot your phone password
If the user of the Android device has forgotten the password that unlocks it, and no recovery methods have worked, they will have to resort to a factory reset. This can be done, firstly, using the Recovery menu (the method is described at the beginning of the article).
Or here’s another way to restore factory settings on an Android gadget. So, the phone is on, but locked. When the system prompts you to enter your password, ask someone to call your number. During a call, the user has the opportunity to access the settings menu. Without accepting a call, you must go to this section and select “Reset all data”. We confirm the operation. After restoring the original settings, the password requirement will disappear.
How to Factory Reset Android in Recovery Mode
Has your phone gotten too slow, freezes on boot, or won’t turn on at all? You need to restore the system to factory settings. To go to Recovery mode, you need to turn off the phone, and then press the key combination. Such combinations are individual for each manufacturer.
The most common is the SIMultaneous pressing of one. Or two at once. Of the volume control buttons and the Power key. The most popular companies use the following combinations:
- “LG”. “Turn on” “Increase the volume”; after the logo appears, release and press this combination again;
- HTC, Nexus, Xiaomi. “Turn on” “Volume down”;
- Lenovo and Motorola. Both buttons responsible for the “Power on” volume.
After loading the Recovery mode, the user will see the system lines with different names. Select the line “wipe_data / factory_reset” and confirm the selected action. The phone will perform an operation to reset new and restore old settings for a while. Upon its completion, the owner of the gadget will only have to click the line “Reboot_System_Now”. The phone will first turn off, and then reboot with the restored Android system.
How to reset Google account settings on Android
Typically, resetting the settings leads to the need to re-enter the password for the “Google” account. Don’t remember this data? There are several ways to solve the problem. The SIMplest is as follows.
After resetting the settings on your Android phone, turn it on. We connect to the Internet. When filling out the “Google” account in the field of our e-mail, we write and select any few letters. A menu will appear above them, offering a choice of one of the actions: select, copy or send. We select “Send”. We indicate “SMS / MMS” as the program that will do all this. In the addressee’s line we indicate “112”, and in the message we enter a few letters. After sending, the system will send an SMS stating that our letter has not been delivered. This is what is required. You should go to this SMS-message and press the “Call” button located next to the recipient’s number. This action should take the user to the contacts and dialing menu, where you need to erase “112” and dial the code: “###”. The system will display a menu of several items. Select the second one (something related to statistics). This will move the user to the settings menu, where a new function will appear in the “Reset and restore” item. Data reset with deleting the “Google” account.
Why do you need to Hard Reset Android
Hard reset means deleting all user information on the phone, except for the preinstalled system programs, melodies, pictures and Android OS startup settings. After a successful “hard reset” on the smartphone, there will be no trace of its use.
Resetting Android to factory defaults helps to solve many problems that arise when using your phone. Namely:
- Remove malware, especially annoying ads (often the user downloads it along with the application to his device);
- Speed up the work of your gadget;
- Delete unnecessary files that take up space in the device’s memory;
- Eliminate errors in the Android OS that appear as a result of crashes or incorrect updating of applications of Google services and much more.
You can also resort to this troubleshooting method in those cases when the device suddenly turned off and does not turn on. Such situations are not uncommon, and a common cause is an erroneous application update or a malfunction of one of them.
Formatting smartphone via PC
There is an option to reset Android to factory settings, which involves installing an additional utility on the PC and using the command line.
This Android formatting option is more complex than formatting through recovery, and is mainly intended for advanced users.
It will take most of the time to install the ADB utility itself. After downloading the archive with the application to your computer, you will need to unpack it and make sure that there is an executable file named adb in the “platform-tools” folder. If the file is not in this folder, you need to launch the SDK Manager, which is located in the “Android-sdk-windows” folder and download the Android SDK Tools and Android SDK Platform-tools to your computer.
After installing Android Debug Bridge, you can start deleting all data on your phone. To do this, do the following:
- Launch the command line using the cmd command.
- We connect the phone to the computer (we first enable the USB debugging option on the gadget in the For Developers section). To make sure the phone is connected to the PC, use the “adb devices” command.
- Go to the ADB directory by entering the “cd” command. To do this, put a space after “cd” and specify the path to the directory.
- Enter the command “adb reboot recovery” in the command line (without quotes) and wait for the phone to start in recovery mode.
- We select using the physical buttons on the phone, first the item “wipe data / factory reset”, and then “Reboot system now”.
The use of this utility is relevant when the device is locked or malfunctioning (for example, the sensor does not work).
Hard reset via the Recovery menu
To reset to factory settings through recovery, the gadget does not need to be loaded until the desktop appears on the screen. This solution to the problem will work even if the phone does not turn on.
The main condition is a charged phone and working physical buttons on it. It is with the power and volume buttons that you can enter Recovery and format.
The combination of buttons to be pressed may differ depending on the device manufacturer. On some phones (for example, HTC), you must SIMultaneously hold down the volume down and up and power buttons.
On Samsung phones, just hold down the volume up and power button.
In order to perform a hard reset on Samsung smartphones via Recovery, you need:
- On the phone off, hold down the combination of buttons: volume up and on. We wait until the phone vibrates, and then we drop the power button, while be sure to hold down the volume up button;
- When the list appears on the screen of the gadget, go down to “wipe data / factory reset” and press the power button;
- Confirm the action by clicking on the corresponding item (in order to go down to the desired section, you must use the volume down button, and use the power button to make a choice);
- Reboot the device by selecting the appropriate item;
How to Hard Reset on Android
Hard reset or resetting your phone to factory defaults is one effective way of troubleshooting. Many people, both experienced and inexperienced users, resort to this option of “treating” their smartphone. In general, the process is safe and does not contradict the warranty obligations, requires special attention from phone owners. After all, not all of them know how to reset the settings on Android correctly.
Things to do before formatting
Formatting internal memory on Android does not take much time (5-10 minutes). It takes much more time from users to save personal data, because after a hard reboot, contacts, photos, videos, programs (except for pre-installed ones) will be deleted on the phone.
The accounts entered on the smartphone will also be lost. Therefore, it is advisable to remember or write down the logins and passwords from them before formatting.
Attention: it is important to remember the registration data from your Google account, because after formatting (when you turn on the device for the first time), the user will definitely need to go through authorization.
You can save information in any of the ways: use programs to create backups, a cloud storage service, or transfer photos, documents and videos “manually” to a computer through an explorer.
Resetting the smartphone to factory settings via “Settings
The easiest way, which does not require the owner of the gadget to install additional software and connect to a computer, is to format directly on the “problematic” smartphone.
To do this, you need to follow these SIMple steps:
- Open “Settings” on the device;
- Go to the “Recovery and reset” section;
- Click on the item “Reset settings“;
- Click “Reset phone settings”;
- Confirm the action by clicking “Erase all”.
If your phone has a security lock, you will be prompted to pass authorization before resetting.
It will be possible to clear the gadget memory in this way only if you have access to the settings. If the phone is locked, the screen is damaged, or for some other reason it is impossible to get into the “Settings”, then you can use Recovery.
What are the ways to reset settings on Android
There are several ways to format the memory of a gadget on Android. The most popular ones are:
- Formatting using the “Recovery and reset” section on the phone;
- Hard reboot through the Recovery Mode menu;
- Clearing internal memory through a computer using the Android Debug Bridge application;
- Deleting all information on the phone via Google account.
When rolling back the device to factory settings, the user may face problems. For example, the physical buttons on the smartphone may be faulty, or the sensor may not respond when pressed. If you did not succeed in hardreset in one way, you need to choose another.
How to clear all data on your phone remotely
There is an Android formatting option that does not require “direct” contact with the phone. Using a google account.
In order to do a full reset on Android in this way, you can use absolutely any device that has access to the Internet.
In order to be able to delete all information from your phone in the future, you need to properly configure your device. To do this, do the following:
- Go to the “Security” section, which is located in the device settings;
- Click on “Device Administrators”;
- Put a tick next to the “Find device” option;
- Enable mobile Internet and the option “Transfer of geodata” on the phone.
In addition to the above conditions, the Android device must not be turned off.
Note: in addition to formatting the device’s memory through an account, the user can remove the lock from the screen if he forgot the password, and, in case of loss, “see” the location of the phone on the map.
To perform a full factory reset using Google, you need to do the following:
- Open a browser on the device and go to google.com.
- In the right corner, click “Login”.
- Go through authorization and click “Next”.
- Click on the “Google Apps” icon located in the upper right corner.
- Select “My Account”.
- Click on the “Proceed” link, which is located in the “Phone search” section.
- Select the gadget you want to format.
- Confirm that the user is the owner of the account.
- Click on the link “Delete all data from the device”.
- Confirm deletion by clicking on the “Yes, erase” button.
You can reset to factory settings in one more way. Using a secret code.
This method does not always help and is not suitable for all smartphones, therefore it is used less and less in practice.
In order to reset Android using a secret code, you need to enter the combination ### or 27673855 # in the dialing menu.
You can format Android in this way if the phone is locked. To do this, select on the locked screen “Emergency call” and enter one of the combinations.