Reset Samsung Galaxy to factory settings
A phone data reset is a forced deletion of all information, including contact list, messages, photos and videos, music files, mail and messenger settings, all installed applications. The reset option is also called in some models. reset, hard reset, factory reset. Software of your smartphone goes back to a new state.
This operation is an extreme measure that can be resorted to in several cases.
- If there is a problem with the device, when other methods of correction do not help, including simple reboot.
- Full data deletion is needed before selling the phone to another user.
- When you update the firmware of your device you also perform a factory reset.
First, turn on your cell phone:
- After the phone is fully loaded you will see the main screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, press the “Menu” button.
- Select the “Settings” option. Depending on the model, at the very bottom there is a “Reset Settings” or “Restore and Reset” (“Archive and Reset”) item, where you can choose which settings to reset. Some newer models have a backup or selective restore of settings, like contacts, sound profiles, phone screen, and so on. п.
- Select Reset to factory settings or perform a data reset. Read the message on the screen informing you what data will be erased from your phone memory.
- Wait until the operation is completed, then reboot the phone so that the changes you made will take effect, if it doesn’t reboot automatically.
This is a way to reset to factory settings using standard means. But what if your phone is locked because you typed the wrong passcode, or you forgot your password?? Locking is a problem with most modern flagship models.
Lucky for you, there is a solution to help you restore your locked Samsung or reset it to factory settings if you forgot your password.
See how easy it is to reset a Samsung to factory settings yourself.
How to reset your Samsung phone
As above, a factory data reset can solve many problems. However, your Samsung phone will also be as blank as new. Seriously, all personal data and settings will be completely erased from your phone. If you don’t back up your Samsung before resetting it to factory settings, you’ll lose everything.
For people who have previously encrypted the inserted SD card, you need to decrypt the SD card before resetting your Samsung phone. Because your Samsung phone will not be able to read your saved SD card data without your permission. Now let’s see how to completely erase your Samsung phone.
Step 1 Turn on your Samsung phone. Open the Settings app on the home screen. Scroll down and select General Management from the list.
Step 2 Tap “Reset” to get all the Android reset options. Double select Factory Data Reset. Later, tap “Reset” or “Reset Device”. It depends on which Samsung device you are using. Enter a security lock if needed.
Step 3 You will be notified that all of your personal information and downloaded apps will be deleted. Press “Delete All” to confirm and reset your Samsung S10 / 9/8/7/6/5 and others. It takes one or two minutes to bring your phone to the Android restore screen.
Step 4 After restoring your Samsung to factory settings, you will be at the welcome screen. Now you can set up your Samsung and restore your data with FoneLab Android Backup Restore.
Note. If your Samsung phone is running Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) or earlier, you can select “Settings” “Backup & reset” “Factory reset” “Reset device” “Delete all” to reset your Samsung phone to factory settings.
Reset Samsung S10 settings, including lock pattern, to factory defaults
A factory reset will erase all user data and settings on your Samsung S10, and therefore the screen lock graphic you forgot. After completing all the steps you will need to set up your device as new and copy the necessary files from other media (if there are copies). Files on the SD card will remain untouched. So if the internal memory does not contain any extremely important data, you can safely use this method. To do so follow the instructions below.
- Press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously to enter the boot menu.
- Then press the volume down button twice to select “Recovery Mode” and then confirm your decision with the power button.
- Then press the power button and volume up button and enter recovery mode.
Also, using the volume up and down buttons to navigate and the power button to confirm, select “wipe data / factory reset” from the list.
Wait until the process is completed, after which the main menu will appear on the screen. Select the “reboot system now” option
So, there are several ways to bypass the lock screen on Samsung S10 in case you suddenly forget the Pattern Lock you set. In this article, we presented the best methods, which include restoring the factory settings, using Samsung’s Find Phone service and removing the pattern key using professional software. 4uKey for Android. Any of these ways will help you to quickly and easily restore access to your phone. We wish you success and wait for your Комментарии и мнения владельцев under our article!
If the basic methods discussed above do not help to restore a locked phone, you can use additional options.
- Deleting the gesture file.key. To do this, go to the Recoveries menu, then open the Data-System section. From the list of files find the right one and remove it. You need to reboot your phone for full recovery.
- Service center. If you can not restore the device, you can go to the service center. With itself it is necessary to have confirming documents, for example the purchase receipt. The disadvantage is that it takes time and money.
If the user has forgotten the password, you can unlock the Samsung Galaxy phone or any other model by yourself. There are some ways to recover the device. Depending on the models and the degree of parameter setting, the options for recovery will be different. You can’t unlock a Samsung pushbutton and touchscreen phone in the same way. Universal tools are factory reset and reflash.
How to unlock the Samsung screen if you forgot your password, through your Google account
The following method works only on Android 4 versions.4 and below. Your data will also remain on your device unchanged. Note that your locked device must be connected to the network in order to get a successful result.
Enter the wrong password, pin code or picture key on your smartphone screen 5 times.
Select “Forgotten Pattern/Password” option. Next, enter your Google account information or backup pin.
After that your phone will be unlocked and you can set a new key/password.
What to do before performing a factory reset
It is recommended to perform a few useful actions before resetting. First of all, you need to save important files.
You can download them to a computer or move them to an external drive, such as an SD card. In the case of multimedia data, such as images and videos, the Google Photos app is excellent.
It allows you to save photos and videos on Google Cloud. There are many similar cloud storage sites. And to save your settings and app list, you just need to sync your gadget with your Google account.
And if the tablet needs to be reset before selling it, you need to log out of your Google account. Otherwise, when the device is turned on after returning to factory settings, the gadget will require logging into the previous Google account.
Manual deletion of the file responsible for the graphic key
Erasing a file from internal memory that stores information about a graphic key is a convenient way to unlock a Samsung. But it can only work if the phone was previously activated in debug mode using USB.
Unlocking your Samsung phone by deleting the gesture file.key:
- Turn off your device;
- Press the Power and Volume Up keys simultaneously to enter the Recovery menu (on some smartphones you need to press the Home button additionally);
- open the Data/System;
- locate and delete gesture file.key;
- Reboot your gadget, the forgotten Pattern Lock will be erased.
The debugging mode via USB is activated in the developer menu.
Reset Samsung Pattern Lock with 4uKey for Android
If you are looking for a way to remove the graphics key on Samsung as quickly and easily as possible, then you should turn to specialized programs designed specifically to perform such operations. Tenorshare 4uKey for Android is a professional program that can remove any type of screen lock on almost any Android device in just one click.
The key features of the program are:
- Unlocking your Samsung phone with just one click
- Instantly remove any type of password: Pattern, Password, Pin, Fingerprint on any Android phone
- Remove Google Account from your Samsung phone without a password
- Supports 99% of Samsung models, including the Samsung Galaxy S10. S10
- User friendly interface
- Fast operation, security of use and effective result
To know how to remove Pattern Lock from Samsung with this program, follow the guide below.
Step 1 Download the installation file from the official developer’s website to your PC and install it. Open the program by double clicking its icon on the desktop PC, then connect your Samsung phone to your PC with a USB cable.
Note: if the program can’t detect your device, click on the question mark icon in the program’s window for instructions on how to proceed
Step 2 After the program detects your phone, click on the “Remove” button.
Step 3 In the warning message that appears, click “OK” to delete all the data on your phone. Then follow the on-screen prompts to enter recovery mode on your Samsung phone.
Step 4 Then click on “Next” and also read the instructions in the program window, and follow the steps to restore your smartphone to factory settings and reboot the device. After that you will be able to use your unlocked device again.
Advantages of 4Ukey for Android:
- The program will remove the lock screen password from your Samsung phone in minutes.
- The program is extremely easy to use and has useful hints and easy-to-follow instructions on the whole process. After the program automatically detects your phone you just need to click on the “Remove” button.
- The program detects the type of locking your device, whether it’s a password, pin code, picture key, or fingerprint by itself.
- It supports almost all Samsung phones, including the latest released models. Works on Windows computers without any problems.
So, if you wonder how to bypass the graphics key on Samsung, then from this article you hope you have learned very useful information. Do not despair if you have forgotten the key set on the lock of your Samsung phone. Reset your smartphone settings yourself or contact a professional in the field to remove the lock screen graphics completely safely and as quickly as possible.