Despite all the usefulness, root access is considered a potentially dangerous tool. This is due to the fact that with its help, owners of Meizu smartphones have the ability to edit data from the Android system partition. And if you accidentally delete the wrong file, the operating system can simply crash, and the gadget itself will turn into a useless brick. Therefore, if the unlocked Superuser rights on the mobile device are no longer needed, it is better to close them. Let’s look at how to disable root access on a Meizu phone.
Ways to delete a superuser profile on Maize
In many cases, the superuser administrator account is a truly indispensable tool. It allows you to erase pre-installed applications, discover the hidden features of a particular program, install a custom Recovery Mode rescue environment, and much more.
Root rights often lead to malfunctions in the OS and can block the next update of the Flyme shell over a Wi-Fi network. Another disadvantage of root is the cancellation of the current warranty on the device. Therefore, if you need to take the phone to a service center, it’s better to remove extended access.
Complete root removal on Meizu can be done in several ways:
- through special software;
- by resetting all settings to factory settings (hard reset);
- Using the flashing device.
We will analyze in more detail each of the proposed options.
Erasing root access via special software
On the Internet there are many programs designed specifically for managing root rights on mobile devices. Some utilities can only open or close the Superuser profile, while others are simultaneously endowed with those and other functions. The most effective means to disable the root on Meizu M5, U10 or another smartphone are:
The first program closes root as follows:
- Download the specified software on your smartphone from the Play Market.
- We start it and in the menu that appears, click on the virtual UNROOT button.
- We confirm our actions by clicking Yes and provide the utility with extended access.
After a reboot to Meise, all traces of previously established rights will disappear.
The only drawback of Universal Unroot is its fee. Therefore, instead of this program, many use a free analogue for erasing the root. the SuperSU utility.
To remove root rights to Meizu M3 Note, just install and open SuperSU, then go to the “Settings” tab and start the cleaning procedure by tapping on the corresponding button.
If the superuser profile on Meise was opened through a laptop or PC and the Kingo Root program, you can get rid of it in the same way.
Manual erase root access
You can also turn off Superuser rights on the phone in manual mode. The only thing that will be required for this is a file manager that can work with system memory. As such a tool, Root Explorer is perfect:
- Download the application from Play Market.
- Turn it on, and then open the System / app folder located in the internal memory of the smartphone.
- Find the file Superuser.apk and put a checkmark in front of it.
- Click on “R / O Rights”, then go to the basket and delete the selected object from there.
- Erase the SuperSu.apk, su, and busybox files (bin and xbin directories) in the same way.
- Restart the device.
Deleting a Superuser profile via hard reset or flashing
Considering how to remove root rights to Meizu, it should be noted a method that involves the full formatting of a mobile device. In this case, not only extended access will be erased on it, but also all user data, applications and settings.
To perform a hard reset, you must:
- Turn off the smartphone completely.
- Press the Power and Volume Up mechanical keys on the device at the same time.
- When Meizu appears on the screen, release Power. After entering the recovery environment Recovery Mode also release the second button.
- In the window that appears, select Clear data and click Start, thereby starting a full reset.
- After formatting is complete, restart the phone by clicking Restart.
You can also remove the rights of the main administrator by flashing the device. This procedure is performed on Meizu in the following order:
- Download the firmware file suitable for your smartphone model from flymeos.com.
- We name it update.zip and save it in the root directory.
- Turn off the gadget and enter Recovery Mode, as described above.
- Check the box next to System Upgrate and Clear data, and then activate the flashing with the Start button.
After the firmware is completed, all traces from the previously installed root access will be erased on the phone.