Hello! In many articles on various malfunctions in the iPhone and iPad, I write. Remove the jailbreak, because it is often the very problem that causes something to not work or does not work as it should. Now it’s time to tell how to do this. Remove the jailbreak and, more importantly, while not harming the device. In fact, it is not so simple. Why? Because there is no magic button in the device menu, after clicking on which the jail will be erased and everything will return to the factory settings.
Precisely, there is such a button, I talked about it in this article. True, for devices with a jailbreak, pressing it will cause the device to become completely inoperative and freeze on the apple. Therefore, removing a jailbreak via a normal reset is a bad idea. But what then to do? Now I’ll tell you everything, let’s go!
Attention! Before you perform any of the actions specified in the article, be sure to create a backup either in iTunes or in iCloud (well, if you want to save your data).
How to remove a jailbreak without a computer and without doing a firmware recovery
The method is suitable for advanced users, so if you are only recently using Apple technology, then I recommend skipping this section of the article and moving on to the next subheading. Although it’s never too late to learn! 🙂
The method is good for several reasons:
- When removing the jailbreak, the firmware version will remain the same as it was. Everything happens without software recovery.
- IPhone or iPad will not upgrade to the latest software version and you can easily leave your old firmware.
- Everything happens directly from the device’s menu; a computer is not needed.
Cons also have:
- So far, it only works on iOS 8.1. 8.4. Although there are reports that some users work on iOS 9. But not all.
- 6th generation iPod Touch. Not supported.
- We disable the password on the device (which is on the screen) and the “Find iPhone” function.
- We go in Cydia.
- In the search, enter Cydia Impactor (located in the repository http://apt.Saurik.com).
- Install this program.
- Open it and see the inscription below: Delete all data and Unjailbreak device.
- Feel free to click and wait about 10-15 minutes. Do not do anything! Just wait.
After everything is over (the device will reboot itself), the iPhone will be completely clean. Without jailbreak and other user data. At the same time, the firmware version will not change and will remain the same as it was!
In the event that this method does not suit you, then there is only one way out. Firmware recovery.
How to completely erase jailbreak from iPhone and iPad
The easiest option and the most reliable one is to use iTunes. It is enough to follow a few simple steps:
- Download, install, and if all these steps have already been done, then just update iTunes.
- We connect the device to the computer, if there are problems with the connection, read this article.
- In the upper right corner of the program, click on restore.
- ITunes will download the latest current firmware and install it on your device.
- Your iPhone or iPad is completely clean, you can proceed with activation.
It would seem that everything is very simple, but it sometimes happens that the jail has already done a unique harm to the device and it simply refuses to boot, gives out various errors or hangs on an apple. There is no way to get rid of a simple recovery. You need to do this.
IPhone or iPad freezing on apple after jailbreak removal via factory reset?
If a similar situation has occurred, then it is necessary to act in a radical way. Suitable for the most severe cases. All kinds of errors, crashes, glitches, etc. And most importantly, it solves the most common problem when removing a jailbreak. An attempt to do this through the “reset settings and content” in the device menu. If you perform a similar operation, then everything will be erased from the device.
However, the iPhone or iPad will freeze, stop loading, and simply display an apple with a download bar on the screen.
To get rid of this, you need to return the firmware, after entering the gadget in a special mode.
Everything is done quite simply, but it requires some care. How to enter the device in DFU mode. Read here, how to restore the firmware. Here. There are no other ways to save an iPhone or iPad that are “stuck on an apple”!
As you can see, there are many approaches in order to erase jailbreak and there are no absolutely hopeless situations. However, if something does not work out, then welcome to the comments. We will understand the whole community and try to find the right solution!