Recovery from cloud storage
On any Samsung, the function of automatic synchronization of all media files with storage from the manufacturer (Samsung Cloud) is available. Also, synchronization is carried out with a Google drive, which is tied to the user’s personal account. If the phone had a stable Internet connection, including via Wi-Fi, the missing photos could be synchronized with the connected cloud.
When using Yandex Disk, all photos are automatically saved to the cloud storage linked to the Yandex email address. This allows you to store all your images in the cloud, saving your smartphone memory. The program has an option “Trash” for media files deleted from the phone.
If automatic download from phone is enabled, the program does not calculate the weight of photos. This allows you to use unlimited access while maintaining high quality images.
Recovery via third-party applications
Let’s take a look at ways to recover photos on Samsung phone if the photos were not synced to the cloud or the storage space is exhausted. To quickly return the missing pictures, you will need to download a special utility to the gadget. The programs received the highest user ratings:
- DiskDigger Photo Recovery,
- Photo Recovery,
- GT Recovery,
Wondershare Dr. Fone for Android
With root access, Wondershare Dr. Fone can discover all of your personal data on your device. They can be located both in the file system and in sublayer data, which allows data recovery after formatting the device. The folder for the found data can be created on a USB flash drive or on a PC. The program has only an English version.
After the standard procedures for installing the utility and connecting the gadget, you need to do the following:
- Connect your smartphone to your computer and click the “Start” button.
- Wait until the end of the scanning process, select the files you are looking for and click on “Recover”.
You can recover a deleted video or image only after payment. There is no free working version of WonderShare Dr Fone for Android.
Samsung Cloud is a proprietary service pre-installed on any Samsung device. To store personal data, 15 GB are available to the user. If you delete a photo on your tablet or phone, its backup remains in the cloud.
- Check your internet connection.
- Open the “Settings” menu.
- Select the “Cloud” line, in the pop-up window, click on Samsung Cloud.
- In the tab that opens, you will see basic information about the storage. Find the line “Gallery”. there should be a check mark next to it.
- Pay attention to the date of the last synchronization: if the photo was taken earlier, then it was copied to the Vault.
- Go back one step and select the “Restore” function. Select the desired folder and confirm the operation.
- Images will automatically return to the Gallery.
Not enough memory
If your phone runs out of internal memory, system processes malfunction. To ensure proper functioning, the OS begins to clean up free space on its own. This may delete the files you are looking for.
Check if the Gallery sync option is enabled
Photos on Samsung Galaxy phones are initially sent to Gallery. If the branded cloud sync option is enabled, the copy is sent to Samsung Cloud. If a user or some program has deleted a photo, it disappears from the local memory of the gadget, but the copy remains in the cloud.
- In Settings, find Cloud & accounts, select Samsung Cloud.
- The section indicates the amount of space available to the user in the cloud, the degree of its use and the sync options. An important point is the Gallery. There should be a check mark next to it, which means that synchronization is enabled.
- If the date of the last synchronization is between the photo you took and the moment it was deleted, the gadget managed to copy it to the cloud. Let’s go to rescue her in the Samsung Cloud.
Recover Deleted Photos on Samsung
Recovering mistakenly deleted photos is a fairly common problem faced by users of Android phones and tablets. On this operating system, by default, there is no Recycle Bin, which is familiar to us from personal computers and laptops running under Windows. Nevertheless, it is possible to recover deleted photo on Samsung phones and it is not difficult to do it.
Recovering deleted photos using standard Samsung Galaxy tools
In Samsung phones and tablets, sync with cloud storage is enabled by default. This is a proprietary Samsung Cloud service, where a new user is allocated at least 15 GB of space.
Finding a deleted picture in Samsung Cloud
In Settings, go back to the Samsung Cloud section and select the Restore option. It takes some time to search for recently made copies in the cloud, after which the system prompts you to choose what can be returned to the device’s memory from the cloud storage. If there is a Photos item, then click on it to restore the pictures.
Check your internet connection
To restore a file using the Samsung Cloud Recycle Bin, an internet connection is required. Better to use free or home Wi-Fi. P
Recover Deleted Photos on New Samsung Phones
In the latest models of Samsung Galaxy phones, work with the Cloud Storage Trash is implemented, and the Restore mode here is intended exclusively for documents, SMS messages, phone call logs and more. The situation is much simpler with pictures.
- We go to the Gallery, where all the images from the camera taken by the user at different times are collected. Click the item with three vertically located dots in the upper right corner, select Settings.
- Deleted files in Samsung Cloud’s recycle bin are retained for 15 days. This is necessary to maintain a sufficient amount of free space in the cloud for the user account. The basket is cleaned automatically and does not require the intervention of the owner of the phone.
- The user only needs to select a photo by clicking on its icon and select the desired action. When restoring pictures, the cloud copies the backup stored in it, the image quality does not suffer.
Android Data Recovery
It is noteworthy that the program recovers various types of files from sections: contacts, messages, call history, media files and others. To fully implement the program’s functionality, ROOT rights must be installed on the phone (this is done while the program is running):
- Download and Install “Android Data Recovery” on PC.
- Connect the phone with a USB cable to the USB port of the computer and run the installed software.
- Click Android Data Recovery.
- On the phone (upon request or manually, in the developer menu), enable the USB Debugging mode option.
- On the next page, select the type of data you want to recover. In this case, check the boxes next to “Gallery” and “Image Library”. Then click “Next”.
- To start looking for erased photos, you need to give the program superuser rights. To do this, click the “Rooting Tools” button.
- The “KingRoot” application will be downloaded to the phone, with which you can root your smartphone. After a successful operation, click “Retry” for further work of the program.
- The program will start scanning, which will take about 20 seconds.
- After that, all the photos found in the device’s memory will appear in the program window. Check the boxes next to those that need to be restored. And click the corresponding button.
- In the new window, select which folder to save the recovered data to. After, continue the operation.
- Done, the photos have been reanimated and they can be viewed in a saved location on a PC, and later transferred to a smartphone.
If there is no backup copy and the photos have been permanently deleted, they can be reanimated by programs specially created for file recovery. With their help, you can fetch data that has been erased on the device, but has not yet been overwritten by other files.
There are many such programs. They are aimed at fetching deleted files from smartphones, tablets or other Android gadgets. Programs running on a computer that work with a phone connected to that computer via USB work best.
Since the goal is to recover lost photos, it is better not to use Android versions of applications. They will most likely not find erased files in the memory, or they can harm by their actions to overwrite the part of the memory in which the photos were located.
Recycle Bin recovery
- Go to the gallery and click on the ellipsis in the upper right corner of the screen to bring up the menu.
- Here select the item “Cart” to go.
- After opening the contents, find the deleted photos. Select the files you need and click “Restore” to return them to their place, or “Delete”. to finally free up space in the device’s memory.
If you don’t find a photo in your shopping cart, there are usually three reasons for this:
- You did not delete the photo through the “Gallery”;
- than 60 days have passed since the data was erased (some devices may have a limit of 15 days);
- You have already deleted information from the cart.
When your situation corresponds to the first option, If the second and third, go to the point with the programs.
UltData for Android
A program with similar capabilities, but without using ROOT rights. The lack of superuser rights can hinder the operation of the program, and, as a result, it will not get deleted photos, but it is worth trying, especially if the phone is still under warranty. To fetch deleted data in a free trial of “UltData for Android”:
- Download the utility and install it on your PC. Pair the phone with a PC via a USB cable.
- The program will detect the gadget, then a request for access to ROOT rights will appear on the screen. Click “Cancel” and continue working with the utility. Select “Gallery” and click “Next”.
- Wait for the scan to complete. As soon as you complete this, the program will return all the files that it managed to find under the “Gallery” item. Select the checkboxes of all the photos that need to be restored and click “Next”. Select a location to save, then click “OK”.
- Done, you can see the result.
Recover Deleted Pictures on Galaxy S8,S9,S10,S20
If you have connected a Google profile to your phone, the Google Photos application is installed on it, and the data synchronization with the Google cloud is activated in the settings. there is every chance to get your photos back, since the latter must remain on the cloud. To get them back:
- Open the Google Photos app on your Samsung device.
- Click the “Menu” button in the upper left corner.
- Click “Cart”.
- Tap on the photos that need to be returned back.
- Then click “Restore”.
How to Recover Deleted Photos and Videos in Samsung Devices
Done, the files will appear in Samsung Gallery and will be available via Google Photos.
How to Recover Deleted Photos on Samsung Android: Expert Answer
Hi everybody! Photo deletion is a necessary option, without which the gallery would be littered with unnecessary or no longer relevant photos. Sometimes, when cleaning your smartphone from unnecessary files, you can accidentally delete what is important. There are several ways to recover deleted photos on Samsung phone.
The Samsung ecosystem for users of its products provides each registered profile with up to 15 GB of memory in the Samsung Cloud. In this network “storage” you can protect your personal data. Plus, the cloud is perfectly integrated into the “One UI” shell. thereby allowing you to change some parameters right in the settings, including the synchronization of videos and photos.
By default, this option is activated. This means that all photos and videos created and stored on the device are automatically synced to the cloud in accordance with the user agreement of your Samsung account. In fact, the cloud stores copies of all the photos you took that were successfully synced when the Internet was on.
If you have erased photos from the device memory, it is quite possible to recover deleted photos on your Samsung phone via the cloud:
- Open your phone settings
- Click on “Cloud and Accounts”.
- Move to “Samsung Cloud”.
- Make sure photo and video sync is turned on now. If so, chances are high that the sync was working while the photos were taken with a Samsung Galaxy j3 or other model.
- Click “Restore” and wait for the device to find the last backup.
When the operating system prompts you for recovery options, select Photos and wait for the process to complete. After a few minutes, you can check if your deleted photos are in place.
If you deleted a photo not just now, but a few days ago. At the same time, they actively used the device, rollback, while the deleted photos are present on the device, can play a cruel joke. restore the necessary photos, but delete everything that was created after. Therefore, make a backup of all the photos you have and put them in a safe place. for example, on your PC hard drive.
The “DiscDigger” utility allows you to recover deleted photos right on your phone. One of the advantages of the program is that the presence of a PC is not required to run the application. For work:
- Download and install “DiscDigger” on your phone.
- Go into it, and it will automatically start scanning all media (read-only memory and SD card).
- Set up file search filters. for example, files over 200 kb in size to cut off thumbnails from the Thumbnails folder.
- Upon completion of scanning, select the files to save and click “Save”.
Every year, there are more and more data recovery programs, since this is a fairly popular topic. Even if you use a program with a different name, the algorithm of operation of each is similar to each other. Remember the sequence of actions and successes in photo recovery.
CardRecovery program. recovery on tablet
CardRecovery does an excellent job of recovering photos, documents on tablets and phones.
I strongly advise you to install it, since the program has the ability to select an area for reconstruction, as well as file types to search for on an Android tablet. You can also use this program to recover lost / erased / inaccessible videos on a USB flash drive, allowing you not only to restore them to Android, but also preserve their original visual quality.
Preview scanned files on your phone
When the scan completes, the program provides a preview of the found pictures, photos, videos or music at the same time. The function helps you find target items. for example, if the flash drive is not recognized on your phone at all.
How to quickly get back erased photos on Android if the phone can’t see the flash drive
Regardless of which phone (or tablet) you have, in addition to the internal memory, as a rule, there is a small memory card (SD card, for example) inside the device. When you try to get rid of files, they are not lost forever! This space is simply classified as available, so the phone knows it can now write new data to that area. Lost files will not be recognized by Android phone even if they are present in memory. The answer is obvious: you can recover deleted photos on Android. Chances are high as long as the erased or destroyed Android files are not overwritten by other programs! How to do it. I will tell you in detail.
The procedure for reanimating deleted photos, multimedia files
Step. 1: Connect your phone or tablet to PC with a USB cable.
Step. 2: After carefully reading the instructions on how to recover deleted files, enable USB debugging. To do this, follow these steps on your phone:
- For Android 2 0.3 or earlier: go to the “Settings” section. “Applications”. “Development”. and check the box “USB debugging”.
- For Android 3.0 or 4.1 version: go to “Settings”. click Developer Options. check “USB debugging”.
- For Android 4.2 or newer: go to the “Settings” section. “About the phone”. Build number as many times until you get the notification “You are in developer mode”. Then go back to the “Settings” item. “Options for Developers”. check “USB debugging”.
This step will help you connect your device to your computer to scan the erased files later. To recover deleted items, follow these steps:
Step. 3: Click the “Start” button to scan your tablet or smartphone, recover deleted photos from your phone. After a few seconds, you will get a picture as shown below, turn to your phone, click “Allow”, then proceed to the next step. Click the Start button again.
Step. 4: After the verification procedure is completed, all recovered media files such as images, videos, audio will be displayed.
Photo preview on Android phone / tablet:
Select the photos you want to recover on your Android tablet or smartphone, press the Recovery button. save them on your computer.
Attention! If you failed to recover photos or contacts, perhaps the whole point is that you do not have ROOT rights to access the phone’s file system. See our guide on how to root Android.
How to get back deleted photos via Google Photos app (tip of the day)
- Launch the Google Photos app on your mobile device
- Find the icon at the very top of the screen and click on the image of the trash can
- Check the list of photos and videos for their further recovery
- Find the icon with a circle and an arrow on the top right, then the files will be returned to your phone.
Dr Fone. file recovery on smartphone and tablet
In the Dr Fone program, you can recover not only deleted photos and videos on your phone’s flash drive, but also messages (text / media), contacts, Android files that have been deleted or damaged. You can view images, contacts before recovery. Support for all Android phones, tablets and devices. Works on Windows (8, 7, Vista, XP), Mac OS X (10.4 or higher, including the latest Mountain Lion). Download this program.
A smart program that will recover photos on your Android phone. It will help recover deleted photos on Android if the phone does not see the USB flash drive, and also finds the disappeared videos, documents and other important information on the smartphone and tablet.
How to Recover Deleted Photos on Samsung Phone?
Recover Deleted Photos from Samsung Phone with UltData for Android without Root
If the first two methods did not help you, then it makes sense to try to recover your photos using Tenorshare UltData for Android. This program is easy to use and has good functionality, as a result of which it is quite popular among people who are often involved in recovering lost or deleted information. The program is paid. You can always download the trial version from the official website, but a free trial version of the product will work for us at the moment. Russian language is present in new versions of the product, which makes work easier.
Download the program and install it on your PC. Connect your Samsung phone to your computer with a USB cable
After detecting your device, a request for root access will appear on the screen. Click “Allow” to continue working with the application. Select Gallery and click Scan.
We are waiting for the program to finish scanning. At the end of the scan, the program will give you all the files it found. As usual, we tick off the photos we need and click on the Restore button, which, as we are already used to, is in the lower right corner and select the path to save the files.
Recover Photos on Samsung from Google Photos after Accidental Deletion
If you have previously installed the google photos program on your phone and logged into your google account, and synchronized the image information, then you can use this method to recover deleted photos.
Click on the white icon with a multicolored spinner and open Google Photos. If you synced your phone album with Google Photos before deleting photos, they can be found.
Click on the recovered image you want and then click the “” button in the upper right corner of the screen.
Then click “Save to Device”. Deleted photos will reappear in your album.
How to Recover Deleted Photos on Samsung Phone
There are times when, when deleting a group of photos or individual photos, people delete those from them that they need, or may need in the future. Therefore, the question arises, how can you recover deleted photos? There are several ways to do this, you can recover deleted photos on Samsung phone. In this article we will look at several ways to do this.
Using Samsung Recycle Bin Functionality to Return Photos
As you know, recently released Samsung models have added the Recycle bin function. It allows you to view and recover photos deleted in the last 15 days. If the deletion of photos happened within this period, you can easily return all data on your Samsung phone.
- Open the Gallery app on your Samsung;
- Click on the button with three vertical dots on the top right;
- Tap on “Trash” or “Recycle Bin”;
How to Recover Deleted Files from SD Card on Samsung
If you saved your images on an external SD card, then use the functionality of the “Data Recovery” program.
- Remove the Micro-SD (TF) card from your Samsung and connect it to the PC via a card reader;
- Run the “Data Recovery” program;
- Click on “Image” to scan;
- Select the drive that contains the SD card;
- Click on “Scan”;
Is it Possible to Recover Deleted Photos on Samsung
Losing photos on Samsung can be a nightmare for many, no matter where your photos were located. in the Gallery, DCIM folder, micro SD card or anywhere else.
Photo loss can affect anyone and is usually caused by the following factors.
|Accidental deletion.||You cleaned up bad photos and accidentally deleted high-quality counterparts.|
|Damage to SD card.||The SD memory card containing the photo was damaged due to various reasons (How to transfer to a memory card on Samsung: photo).|
|System crash||Samsung has failed to update the system, as a result of which a number of files (including your photos) have been deleted.|
|Virus.||Virus from an unknown source is running on your phone.|
If the deletion occurs, the first step is to avoid adding (downloading) new files to your device, which can change the current file structure. Disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. and until you recover your lost photos, do not use your device.
Now let’s take a look at the ways to get back deleted photos on your Samsung device.
Recover Deleted Photos Using “Android Data Recovery
What if you haven’t used the Trash and Samsung Cloud? In this case, various programs will help us to find and restore images from the internal memory of the device. One of these applications is “Android Data Recovery”.
This software performs a thorough scan of the device’s memory, and restores the found images in a pre-specified folder on your PC. Besides photos, the program recovers other types of files, including contacts, messages, call histories, media files, and more. To restore the photos we need, the program will need ROOT rights on your phone.
The procedure for recovering deleted photos on your Samsung using “Android Data Recovery” is as follows:
- Download and install the “Android Data Recovery” program on your computer;
- Connect your phone to this PC via USB cable and run the specified program;
- Select the “Android Data Recovery” option on your interface;
Samsung Cloud. cloud technology for photo recovery
As you know, Samsung Galaxy phones have a built-in option that allows you to create backups, sync data with a cloud service and restore the photos we need from there. If you have activated this function on your device, then your images from the Gallery will be saved in the Cloud.
To recover deleted photos using Samsung Cloud, do the following:
- Go to the settings of your phone (Settings);
- Scroll down the settings panel to the bottom and select the “Accounts and backup” option;
Google Photos. help to get all lost photos back to Samsung
Currently, cloud services continue to gain popularity among Android users. Google Photos is at the top of this list, offering a convenient and efficient way to back up photos to the cloud. If the Google Photos app was installed on your Samsung Galaxy. and you turned on sync before deleting your photos, then they should stay in the Google cloud.
To restore them from the cloud, do the following:
- Open the Google Photos app on your Samsung;
- In the upper left corner, click on “Menu”;
- Tap on the basket;
- Select the photos you want to return;
- Tap on “Restore”. Photos will be restored to your Samsung Gallery.