How to Recover a Google Account Without a Phone Number
You can recover your Google account in various ways, depending on how exactly you lost access. You can unlock your account in several well-known ways, depending on what data from Google services you have saved. Below are instructions on what to do if you suddenly forget your password, how to restore your Google account. If these methods do not suit you, then we will solve your problem personally, you just need to unsubscribe in the comments.
Recover deleted account
The ability to recover a deleted Google account depends on the timing of its removal. If no more than 5 days have passed since the deletion of the account, Google support will help you recover your account.
When you try to log into your account, Google is required to enter the mailbox address and password.
If you forget your password, the system will offer you its help to recover lost data. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click on the “Help” line. A window appears with a choice of one of three items.
- You need to put a mark in the first line, “I do not remember the password.” This will open a window asking you to enter your email address.
- Enter a real email address. After that, another window will appear. Enter numbers or letters in it that you at least remember a little. If you don’t remember at all, at least try to restore your account information in this way.
- What if the credentials are completely forgotten? If you do not remember your password, then indicate that you are at a loss to answer. You will be asked to unblock your account by entering your real phone number that you are currently using. If you specified a phone number in the settings of your account and it remained the same, then you can unlock the deleted Google account via SMS or as a result of a phone call. A confirmation code will be sent to your number very soon. You need to enter it in the appropriate field, and you can unlock the Google entry.
- On the new page, enter the changed password, and then confirm it. After that, click the “Reset Password” button, which is located at the bottom of the window. The old password for your account will be reset. Access to Google records will be restored with a new password.
- If you don’t have the opportunity to use your phone, then you can restore access after deleting your Google account to a backup email address. Typically, when you create a Google account, you are asked to enter an additional email address. Enter it in the appropriate field. For further steps, click the “Continue” button. Now open your backup mail, and read the letter that came from Google. It will contain instructions telling you what to do if the account is mistakenly deleted.
- If you have not provided data on the phone number and additional email account, you can unlock your account only by answering a few additional questions. For example, questions such as: “when was your Google account created”, “when was the last time you logged in”, some email addresses, the name of the created labels, etc. Based on the results of your answers, Google will conclude that whether you are the owner of the account. Accordingly, a decision will be made whether to unlock it or not.
Tip: if the questions asked by Google seem too complicated for you, and you don’t know the answer to them, just try to guess some data. The system will make a decision based on most of the answers.
The last step is to change the password. Come up with any option that you like.
What to do next, if Google decided that you do not own the account? In this case, you will have to start a new record.
How to recover a forgotten password?
Consider 2 ways in which you can recover your forgotten password for your Google account, if the login is known.
Your phone or another email address is tied to your account
If you forgot only the password, you will have to do the following operations:
- Open the following address in the browser: https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery.
- We indicate that we do not remember the password.
- Enter the address of the spare email inbox.
- The access recovery page will open.
- Since the password is forgotten, you should click on the button “I am at a loss to answer.” It will be offered to use the help in the form of a call or SMS. Choose the most suitable option.
- If your profile does not have your phone number, then use a spare email account. By going to an additional address, you can, guided by tips, answer a few questions, and reset your password.
How to recover a password if data is not specified
Unblock access, knowing the login in Google, it will be possible if you answer correctly several questions. They will all relate to your account. Indicate the approximate time and date of the visit to your account. The closer the date you enter is closer to the real one, the easier it will be to prove that the profile belongs to you.
Tip: if during the creation of the account you selected a secret question and answered it, then there will be no problems with recovery. Always write down similar questions and answers to them.
If you answered correctly, Google will take a positive decision to reset your password. After confirming your account, you will be asked to change the password to the one you choose. So you can quickly unlock your account.
How do I sync my Google account after changing my password?
After your Google account password is changed, some devices may not work correctly, because they only knew the remote password. What can be done to quickly sync your account? You can use one of the following methods:
1. Restarting the application.
Just go to one of the Google apps you usually work with. In most cases, the application will ask you for a username and password. After entering them, synchronization will be restored.
2. Deleting an account.
Important! Before this operation, back up valuable information and all applications that are associated with your account. After resetting the account, all data associated with it will disappear. The following message will warn you about this.
- Go to the settings of your device.
- Find the Accounts and Sync section.
- Find the Google Account in this section.
- Delete the account.
- Create an account again.
- Account will be synced.
3. Change the settings of the device.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Applications” section.
- Select the Gmail subkey there.
- Run the Forced Stop command.
- Then clear the cache. To do this, give the appropriate command.
- Close the settings section.
- Launch Gmail.
- After starting, Gmail will ask you for a new password.
- After entering a new password, the account will be synchronized.