Fastboot on Xiaomi: what is it
Every user can come across the concept of “Fastboot”, especially one who often turns off the phone completely. To go to a special menu, just press the power button and one of the volume keys at the same time. After such an action, not the usual Xiaomi logo will appear on the smartphone screen, but a picture where a rabbit in a hat is repairing an Android robot.
Some, not particularly experienced users, confuse switching to Fastboot mode with opening the Recovery menu. You can distinguish between two seemingly similar sections by a certain signature. As mentioned above, in the first case, a color image appears on the display, and in the second, only a menu with items in English or Chinese. And the main distinguishing feature is that under the picture there is an inscription Fastboot, indicating the opening of a specific section.
Fastboot: what is it on Xiaomi and how to remove it
Smartphones from the manufacturer Xiaomi are very popular all over the world. This is due to the fact that such phones are relatively cheap, but at the same time they are distinguished by high performance and build quality. Not to mention the unique MIUI firmware, which allows you to customize the system for specific user requirements. However, despite all the simplicity, situations sometimes occur when a person accidentally activates a certain mode and does not know how to turn it off. In this article, we will consider what Fastboot is and what it is used for, and we will also deal with possible options for exiting the mode.
What is Fastboot mode used for on Xiaomi
An ordinary person will never purposefully open Fastboot mode. This is simply pointless, since the function in question is used exclusively for low-level firmware of the device. The latter means installing a new version of Android, downloading third-party firmware, obtaining root rights, as well as creating a backup copy of existing data. All described actions are performed exclusively using a computer and special software.
A reasonable question would be: why switch to Fastboot mode, if you can just connect your phone to a PC and proceed to perform the necessary actions? Everything would be easy, but with a normal connection, the computer detects the smartphone as an external drive, which does not allow certain manipulations with it. But after activating the mode in question, the situation changes. the device is defined as a terminal, which is required to work at the system level.
How to exit Fastboot mode on Xiaomi
As already mentioned, Fastboot on Xiaomi is a special mode designed to make changes to the system. For example, it can be used to flash a smartphone or get root rights.
Usually, the Fastboot logo is the result of pressing the power button and the volume key at the same time, but it can also appear after a system crash or a serious error in some application. First of all, after activating the mode, press the power button and hold it for about 20 seconds. If the phone starts to reboot, then everything went well and you exited Fastboot mode. However, this action does not always help, so you have to turn to additional methods.
For example, you can try to exit the mode by resetting the device to factory settings through the Recovery menu. For clarity, use the following instructions:
- While in the Fastboot menu, simultaneously press the power button and the volume down key. Keep holding the buttons for 10-15 seconds until the device goes into reboot. By the way, before starting the procedure, remove the SD card, of course, if there is one.
- In the Recovery menu, navigation is carried out using the keys, where the power button is responsible for the selection. Go to the “Wipe Data” section, and then go to the “Factory Reset” tab.
- We confirm the execution of the procedure, which will lead to the deletion of all data on the smartphone, including photos, videos, applications and music.
Completing the last step will reboot the device, which may take 10-15 minutes. By the way, you can go the other way by installing a special program on your computer. The advantage of the following method is that no data will be deleted from the phone. So, first of all, we download the archive containing the necessary utilities to the PC (Android SDK Platform Tools).
We transfer the downloaded archive to the root of drive C and unpack it. To do this, right-click on the file, and in the window that opens, select “Extract to current folder”.
We connect the smartphone to the computer via a USB cable. Then open the command line (Start menu “cmd.exe”). In the window that appears, enter “cd \” and press “Enter”. By this action, we access directly the root of the disk where the program is located. Next, enter “cd adb” and press “Enter”. As you can understand, this command moves us to the folder with the program. And finally, we write “fastboot reboot” and press “Enter”.
In principle, the exit from the Fastboot mode has already been completed, so it remains to wait until the phone goes into a long reboot. Upon completion, it will be possible to disconnect the smartphone from the computer, remembering to select the option to safely remove the device. This method is optimal because it does not require the complete removal of all data.
Fastboot is a special boot mode in which the user gets advanced options for working with the device at lower levels. In this mode, you can program your smartphone via PC: delete standard applications, install new firmware, roll back access to factory settings.
- simple reboot. just turn off and turn on the device;
- long reboot. to do this, hold down the power button for 20 seconds and only then give the command to restart the device.
wipe data / factory reset. will delete data from the data and cache partitions and a folder on the internal memory with these programs. With this type of data deletion, all programs and folders to them will be erased, but pictures, music and videos will remain. With the use of wipe cache. temporary data of the existence of programs is deleted.
Each Android device has a so-called “recovery mode” (recovery mode), with which you can reset the device to factory settings and install an update (the file should be called update.zip).
What is Reboot on Android Reboot on Android is the process of rebooting a phone (or tablet), in which all processes in RAM are reset, thus eliminating lags, freezes and speeding up the device. The reboot function also means rebooting from to enter Bootloader mode.
REBOOT THROUGH LOADER. Restart the phone and boot directly to the OS Loader. REBOOT TO DOWNLOAD MODE. to boot the phone directly into Download Mode RESET TO DOWNLOAD. to reset the phone to factory settings.
- Press and hold the power button for more than 15 seconds
- Remove and reinsert the battery
- Wait for the Android device to discharge itself
- Connect Android to PC, in the ADB RUN program in the Manual Command menu. ADB enter the following command adb reboot normal (does not work on all devices)
Every smartphone or tablet has a Recovery Mode. To get into it on Xiaomi, turn off the device, then hold and hold the following key combination until the Mi logo appears: “ON” volume up
Exit Fastboot mode on Xiaomi
Service mode of operation. Fastboot, along with other (recovery and edl) non-standard modes of operation, allows you to install unofficial firmware, custom recovery or restore the so-called “bricked” device after inept attempts by an inexperienced user to fix it programmatically.
Рекавери меню на Xiaomi: как открыть и как выйти?
At the same time, one should not confuse “fastboot” with “recovery”. their purpose is different. The way to enable this or that mode is also different. There is no obvious way to exit fastboot mode on Xiaomi. Unlike recovery, there are no “exit” or “reset” inscriptions on the screen. Therefore, users who find themselves in an unusual situation due to a smartphone software failure are most often confused and do not know what to do.
How to determine if Fastboot mode is enabled
So, if on the screen you see an image of a hare in an earflap with an asterisk, which is digging into the insides of the robot, most likely, right now your device is in a non-standard mode of operation for it.
This is confirmed by the corresponding blue inscription (most Redmi models) on a dark screen. And you switched the smartphone to this mode with the help of simultaneously clamped hardware buttons “-” and “power”, right?
Most likely, everything was exactly like that. Only now, in the absence of a removable battery, it is difficult to get the device out of this mode if this did not happen automatically.
The first, and at the same time the most obvious, way out of this situation:
- Again, press the on / off button of the phone. “power”. Keep the button pressed for at least 20 seconds. Do not be afraid. the device will not deteriorate from this. Most likely it will turn off.
- Next, press the same button briefly again, after which the smartphone will enter normal operation mode.
You can, of course, completely drain the battery of the phone and thus wait until it turns off on its own. But this, as they say, is not our method. And we’ll go “another way”.
The second way. via recovery
The second, more tricky way to exit this mode is to go from it directly to recovery. You need to enter the recovery in the same way as in the fastboot. But instead of the “-” button, simultaneously with the power button of the smartphone, you should hold down the volume up key “”.
Further, already with active recovery, we find the inscription “reboot”, and then successfully reboot the device for its regular operation.
If the touch control does not work, use the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select.
If the “standard mode” did not work out, we turn on the recovery again, but we do not use “reboot”, but already “wipe and reset”. It should be noted that all user information after this procedure will be destroyed. Wipe is similar to factory reset!
Depending on your device, the recovery mode may differ. If you have version 2 of this menu, then select “Wipe Reset” and then “Wipe Cache”, after that we try to reboot the device. If this does not help, then we already use “Wipe User Data” or “Wipe All Data”.
If you have version 3 of the recovery, then everything is simpler, since there is no choice, select “Wipe Data” and then “Wipe All Data”.
This method should be resorted to when nothing helps, which indicates damage to the firmware files. If you have a computer, then you should try first through the PC to restore the functionality of your gadget, about this the next paragraph.
The third way. via PC
The third, very non-standard way to get out of a tightly hung fastboot is to use the adb interface on a PC. If you have carefully approached the study of the work of fastboot, what it is and how to enter it. you have already learned, you should study the use of a special utility for working with Android directly on your PC through the adb interface.
On the website of Android software developers, you need to download the SDK Platform-tools (in other words, fastboot for PC) and install this software on drive C (the full path to the program should be: “C:\adb”).
If you plan to further in-depth study of the smartphone operating system or its “fine” tuning, this utility will be needed more than once in the future.
- So, we will assume that the corresponding software is installed;
- At this stage, you need to connect your smartphone, with active fastboot mode, using a USB cable to the PC;
- We start command line emulation on the PC itself (open Start, write “cmd” in the search);
Just like the previous steps, these tricky manipulations will allow you to get out of the “hung” service mode.
Manual for Xiaomi Redmi 9A phone
There are two types of rebooting the Xiaomi Redmi 9A smartphone: normal and hard (hard reset). A normal reboot is used when the smartphone is operating normally, hard. when smartphone freezes.
Normal (standard) reboot Xiaomi Redmi 9A
Press and hold the smartphone’s power button for a few seconds 2. Select “Reboot” on the smartphone’s screen, then the phone will restart
Hard reset (Hard Reset) phone Xiaomi Redmi 9A
Press and hold the power button of the Xiaomi Redmi 9A smartphone for 20 seconds. 2. When the Mi Logo appears, release the button
Those who bought Xiaomi Redmi 9A also buy
Read in full. Rating of wireless vacuum in-ear headphones (features, where to buy, specifications). Link: Top 30. Rating of the best wireless in-ear headphones 2022. Buy, specifications
How to distribute the Internet from a smartphone Xiaomi Redmi 9A
How to enable Wi-Fi hotspot
On your Xiaomi Redmi 9A phone, go to Settings.
Open Wi-Fi Hotspot Setup.
Enter the Wi-Fi hotspot name and password.
Click OK in the top right corner to save your settings.
Turn on the hotspot by pressing the switch.
How to use Xiaomi Redmi 9A phone as USB tethering
Connect Xiaomi Redmi 9A phone to PC with USB cable.
On your phone, go to Settings, tap features.
Your computer will have a new network connection.
Transfer contacts to Xiaomi Redmi 9A smartphone
How to Transfer Contacts to Xiaomi Redmi 9A Phone Using SIM Card
Go to Xiaomi Redmi 9A phone in Settings, System apps, Contacts
Transfer contacts by pressing export to SIM card. Move the SIM card to the new Xiaomi Redmi 9A phone, go to the same menu section and click Import from SIM card.
Transfer contacts to Xiaomi Redmi 9A smartphone
To transfer contacts to Xiaomi Redmi 9A, open Settings, System apps, Contacts. Then click Send Contacts and choose how you want to transfer contacts: send via Bluetooth, email, Mi Drop app, etc.
How to Transfer Contacts to Xiaomi Redmi 9A Phone Using Mi Mover
If the Mi Mover application is not available on the old phone, then install it.
On Xiaomi Redmi 9A, go to Settings, System and device, Advanced settings, Mi Mover.
On Xiaomi Redmi 9A, in the Mi Mover app, select “I am the recipient”, after which a QR code will be displayed on the screen.
Select Contacts. Contacts will be transferred automatically.
Synchronization of contacts via Mi cloud
To add an account to your Xiaomi Redmi 9A phone, open your smartphone Settings, Synchronization and click Add account.
To sync contacts, open your smartphone Settings, select Accounts and sync.
Tap Contacts and make sure contact sync is turned on.
In this case, synchronization of contacts using Mi account will be performed automatically.
Transfer contacts using Google account
Go to Settings of Xiaomi Redmi 9A smartphone, in the Accounts section, select Synchronization, click Google
Select your Google account and make sure contact sync is enabled.
Those who bought Xiaomi Redmi 9A are also watching
Read in full. Rating of Bluetooth headphones from Aliexpress (advantages, where to buy, characteristics). Read: Top 30 best wireless headphones from Aliexpress 2022. Where to buy, how to choose
How to reset Xiaomi Redmi 9A smartphone
For smartphones with MIUI below version 12
At the bottom of the screen, select Reset settings.
Next, you may need to enter a pattern or password for your account.
For phones with MIUI 12
Open Settings About phone. Select Reset Settings. Select Erase all data.
Hard reset settings. Hard Reset (hard reset) smartphone Xiaomi Redmi 9A
Turn off your Xiaomi Redmi 9A smartphone to perform a factory reset.
Press and hold the power button and the volume up button of the Xiaomi Redmi 9A at the same time.
Release the buttons when the Mi logo appears on the smartphone screen. Wait for the main menu to appear on the phone screen.
Switching between menu items is carried out using the volume up / down buttons. Selecting a menu item is done by pressing the smartphone’s power button.
Select “Wipe Data” from the main menu. “Wipe All Data”. “Confirm”. Wait for the data recovery process to finish. Then select “Back To Main Menu” “Reboot” “Reboot to System”. Wait for the phone to boot up (about one minute).
Those who bought Xiaomi Redmi 9A are also interested
Read in full. Rating of smart IP cameras (advantages, where to buy, characteristics). Open: Top 17 Smart Wi-Fi CCTV Cameras. Features, buy.
How to get out of the mode
Initially, you should make sure that the device is in Fastboot, since this mode can be confused with Recovery or an operating system error.
When the Fastboot mode is activated, an image of a hare in an earflap appears on the screen of the Xiaomi smartphone, which repairs the green android.
There are three ways to exit Fastboot on Xiaomi:
- Standard way. Works in almost all cases, does not require connection to other devices.
- Through recovery mode. Suitable for those who understand the operation of the system Recovery. It is recommended to use this method if the smartphone freezes during flashing.
- Through a computer. Always works, but it is advisable to resort to this method as a last resort.
The usual method is to press and hold the power button.
The button must be held down for 20-30 seconds.
If after pressing the button it was not possible to exit Fastboot, go to other methods.
Through the Recovery mode, you can not only exit Fastboot, but also roll back the device to factory settings, install a new firmware, erase unnecessary files.
With Fastboot turned on, simultaneously hold down the volume down and power buttons. They should be held for about 10-15 seconds.
The phone will go into a long reboot, from 5 to 10 minutes. It is important not to interrupt the process.
The phone will reboot again and start in normal mode with the MIUI shell.
This method resets all smartphone settings to factory settings. All installed applications and user data will be permanently deleted.
Confident smartphone users can exit the mode by using a computer and flashing the phone. Usually this requires a special program, drivers and a firmware image.
How to exit Fastboot mode on Xiaomi
Fastboot is a special boot mode in which the user gets advanced options for working with the device at lower levels.
In this mode, you can program your smartphone via PC: delete standard applications, install new firmware, roll back access to factory settings. A device in this mode is defined as a special terminal that can be interacted with via service commands.
Fastboot is not part of the Android OS, as it starts before it, so the mode is available even if there is no OS.
Sometimes the phone starts Fastboot Mode if a critical error occurs, for example, system files were damaged or viruses were detected. Sometimes the mode is activated after an incorrect system restore or unsuccessful flashing. If the reason is a software failure, a normal reboot will not help.
To fix the problem, you will have to do a factory reset, aka Hard Reset. To learn how to make a Hard Reset, read THIS article.
Firmware via Fastboot
First of all, you need to make sure that the device’s bootloader is unlocked, i.e. has permission to flash. Then you should download the necessary firmware and MiFlash program.
Next, you need to select the path to the firmware file by pressing the “Select” button. Then click “Refresh”. If the path is set correctly, then the fields ID, device, progress and elapse will be filled in the program table.
- Check that the “save user data” item is selected at the bottom of the program in order to flash the device without losing user data.
- Put your smartphone into fastboot mode.
- Connect the device to the computer via a USB cable and click “Flash” in the MiFlash program.
The flashing will start, which lasts for several minutes.
During the firmware, you can not disconnect the smartphone from the computer.
You need to wait until the inscription “success” is displayed in the result line, after which the smartphone can be disconnected from the PC, turn it on and check its performance.
The program is used to remove system applications from smartphones that operate on the Android operating system.
Download and install the program file on your computer. Before you start using it, you need to go to the device options and activate debugging via USB cable. The interface is in English, but there are no particular difficulties in the process of use.
- simple and intuitive interface;
- the ability to remove system applications without root-rights;
- full compatibility with all versions of Android;
- users can remove utilities that do not appear in the list;
- the program allows you to clear the cache and speed up the smartphone.
What to do if you can’t turn it on
If the mode does not turn on when holding the buttons, then it is recommended to get into it through ADB Fastboot Tools.
You need to turn on USB debugging in the phone settings, then connect it to the PC and turn on the program. Here, in the main menu, select Rebooter. Reboot into Fastboot mode. The device will reboot and enter Fastboot.
If for some reason the smartphone does not switch to the required mode in any way, it is recommended to reflash the gadget or wait for a new software version that will fix this error.
How to enter Recovery on Xiaomi 2 ways
In this article, I will talk about two ways to enter recovery (aka recovery mode and recovery mode) on Xiaomi using the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 phone as an example. The first method is a little more complicated for beginners, but it will allow you to get into Recovery mode even if the phone stopped loading into the Android operating system. The second method is easier through the Settings app, but it will only work if Android is working and allows you to enter the MIUI settings. Screenshots taken on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 running MIUI 10.
For those who do not know, I will say that the recovery mode is most often used to reset the phone to factory settings or clear the cache partition in case of glitches and unstable applications. If you have a custom Recovery installed (for example, the popular TWRP), then you can not only reset it, but also install a factory reset, but also install new firmware from a file, install applications from an internal drive or memory card, and backup Android or restore Android from a previously created backup.
You have probably heard that CWM Recovery and TWRP are popular recovery shells. Mi Recovery of our own design is installed in Xiaomi devices from the factory. Unfortunately, the functionality in it is very poor, there is not even an option to clear the cache partition. However, if the gadget has been flashed, your Xiaomi may also have TWRP Recovery installed.
We go into the recovery on the Xiaomi phone from Android (MIUI)
For those who are intimidated or find the first method difficult, there is another one. Although, if you look, then by the number of clicks it is about the same. So:
- Go to Settings:
- At the very top, select About phone:
- Now select System Update:
- In the upper right corner of the screen, tap on the menu icon (three dots).
- Select Reboot to Recovery Mode:
- Confirm by clicking Restart:
How to enter Recovery on Xiaomi using buttons (keys)
So, the most universal way is to enter the recovery from any state. Even if your Xiaomi does not boot up or goes into a bootloop (cyclic reboot), you still have chances to reset the settings and restore the normal operation of the phone.
- Turn off your phone. Hold down the power key and select Power off: Then confirm: If Android is frozen, hold down the same power key until the phone is forced to turn off.
- When the device turns off, wait a few seconds. Literally 5 seconds.
Now you can perform the actions for which you entered the recovery on Xiaomi.
How to exit Xiaomi Mi-Recovery
To exit recovery mode and reboot your phone in normal mode, select Reboot Reboot to System:
If you pressed the wrong key and mistakenly got into Fastboot Mode
If you mixed up the keys (Volume down and Power) and got into Fastboot mode instead of recovery, don’t be alarmed. Yes, there is no option to turn off or restart. Most importantly, make sure that the device is not currently in the process of updating the firmware. If this is the case, then unplug the USB cable and just hold down the power key. You need to keep it until the phone reboots.
Now, to enter Recovery, simply turn off your Xiaomi from Android OS, or (if Android does not boot) hold down the power key again to force shutdown and repeat the procedure for entering the recovery correctly.
I hope I answered all the questions regarding entering Recovery mode on Xiaomi phones.
How to enter Recovery mode on Xiaomi
If you are still new to the MIUI ecosystem and do not know how to start your Xiaomi smartphone in Recovery mode, read my instructions. I know two different ways how to reboot Xiaomi into Recovery mode, below you will find both of them.
Recovery mode is available on any Xiaomi smartphone and with its help you can perform certain tasks that are not available in MIUI. Using the recovery mode, you can install the firmware on your smartphone (including third-party ones), clear the cache or data partition. You can also use this mode to reset to factory settings, which is useful if you forgot your smartphone password.
In addition to a complete reset to factory settings, you can also update the official Recovery to modified TWRP, CWM and others, they are more functional, but that’s another story. If you want to update TWRP on Xiaomi, look for a guide on my website.
Entering the Recovery menu on Xiaomi (MIUI)
This is a 100% tested and working way to enter recovery mode on Xiaomi, I myself use it and find it the most convenient.
- The first thing to do is turn off your smartphone.
- Hold down the Power buttons Volume up at the same time.
- Release the power button as soon as you feel a vibration.
- After the Mi-Recovery 3.0 menu appears, release the rest of the buttons.
You are in Recovery. Your smartphone has entered the recovery mode system menu. Use the volume up and down buttons to navigate, and the power buttons to select a menu item.
How to enter Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A1 and Mi A2
Entering Recovery mode on Xiaomi Mi A1 and Mi A2 is slightly different from entering from a smartphone in the MIUI shell.
- The first thing to do is turn off your smartphone.
- Hold down the Power buttons Volume up at the same time.
- As soon as No command appears on the screen and an image of Android with a sign of attention, release the buttons.
- Hold down the buttons again Power Volume Up.
- After the Recovery menu appears, release the buttons.
You are in Recovery. Your smartphone is in the system recovery mode menu. Use the volume up and down buttons to navigate, and the power buttons to select a menu item.
How to change the color and style of Xiaomi labels with MIUI 12
All mobile devices can be configured in one way or another, although several levels exceed the possibilities that Xiaomi offers us. This time we will know the method we have to change the style of Xiaomi shortcuts with MIUI 12 and control center. This allows us to give it a unique and inimitable look without affecting anything else in the system.
For this we don’t have to download anything, everything goes into MIUI 12 prepared for us to take advantage of it and enjoy giving it a different hue. We also found no limitations due to different versions of MIUI for high-end and entry-level smartphones. We just need to learn how to use this trick, find and choose what we like best.
Themes MIUI 12. the key to customization
If there is something that sets Xiaomi apart from other software, it is the topics section, we will have access to endless possibilities. If we learn how to take advantage of this opportunity, we can make our mobile phone unique and unrivaled, adapting precisely to what we are looking for and want. First we need to pinch the screen with two fingers, and then touch the bottom button that says “Wallpaper”.
This will take us to the Xiaomi Themes app and then click on the brush button at the bottom. Here we will find a variety of topics divided into categories. We can be patient to find what we like best in each of them, based on styles, colors, movies, or pretty much anything we can imagine.
Some of the free customization levels with which we can change the color and style of the control center are as follows, but there are many more:
Change MIUI 12 control center style
After we have identified the object of interest to us and especially the control center that we liked the most, we will do the following:
- Click “Free” to save it and download it to your mobile phone.
- After among the options that appear we are going to uncheck all the boxes except “System”.
- Finally, we click “Apply” and wait a few seconds for the process to complete.
Once this is done, we will be able to expand the Xiaomi hotbar and we will see how quickly the style has changed. In order to continue applying changes to this control center, we can change the wallpaper that will become the background of this section, and it might be interesting to change it with tones similar to those used in our control center.
How to reboot Xiaomi Mi or Redmi phone: four easy ways
Many smartphone users periodically experience slowdowns and freezes of mobile devices, and therefore are forced to use software and physical reboot methods. That’s just detailed information in the instructions is usually missing, so the owners of the devices do not really know what to do in such situations. Today we will tell you how to restart your Xiaomi phone using the power button, as well as without using it. Consider the most effective solutions and describe the nuances of their application. As a bonus, we will attach to the article several thematic videos demonstrating some of the proposed ways to reboot Xiaomi Mi and Redmi smartphones in a more visual format.
Soft reboot Xiaomi Redmi and Mi phones
In this section, we will consider situations in which smartphones slow down, but respond to user commands. We will talk about the causes of lags and freezes in a separate article, and now we will focus exclusively on soft ways to reboot Xiaomi Redmi and Mi phones. Consider two options. using the side button and using the Touch Assistant function.
How to reboot Xiaomi with the power button
If the phone needs to be rebooted, first try the standard way to achieve the desired goal. To do this, follow two simple steps:
- Press the on/off button for 1-2 seconds and release.
- Select Reboot and wait for the action to complete.
Alternatively, you can select the option to turn off the power, and after turning off the phone, turn it on again by holding the same button for a few seconds. This method is used in the vast majority of cases. Provided that the phone responds to user actions.
How to restart Xiaomi without power button
If for some reason you cannot use the side mechanical button, you must enable the Touch Assistant option and restart your Xiaomi phone programmatically:
- Go to Settings, then go to the Advanced settings menu.
- Go to the submenu Touch assistant, activate the function (if it is inactive).
- Go to Shortcut Features and set Power Button Menu to one of the shortcuts.
- Select the desired shortcut and activate the command to restart your Xiaomi smartphone.
This option requires time for pre-configuration, but in the future it allows you to quickly reboot Xiaomi Mi and Redmi phones without using physical buttons.
Hard Forced Reboot of Xiaomi Mi and Redmi Phones
If the phone does not respond to user touches on the display and other actions, then you have to resort to extreme methods. Here are two ways to force restart your Xiaomi smartphone. Both options are considered non-standard and are used only in cases of complete freezing of the device.
How to quickly restart Xiaomi phone if it freezes
The first way is simple and safe. You need to hold down the power key and hold it until the phone turns off. Usually the action takes 10-20 seconds, but other options are possible. Then it remains to turn on the device in the usual way.
In this case, unsaved changes (actions in open applications before freezing) will be lost, but nothing will happen to the saved information. Therefore, the above method belongs to the list of hard options with some stretch. Solely due to the loss of changes that the user did not have time or could not save.
How to force restart your Xiaomi phone through the Recovery menu
The following method should be used only as a last resort (if other methods do not help, and the smartphone freezes tightly or turns off and no longer turns on). The reason for caution is simple: the method involves rebooting Xiaomi with resetting user settings to factory values. Therefore, before restarting the phone with this method, be sure to try other options, or at least make sure that the necessary information is saved in the cloud or on another device.
Tip: Make regular backups of your data, no matter the circumstances. The phone can freeze or fail at any time. And since extracting data in such situations is problematic, it is better to play it safe in advance. saving information at least once a week. over, there are more than enough data storage services.
Next, directly instructions on how to restart Xiaomi Mi or Redmi through the Recovery menu:
- Turn off your phone and wait 10 seconds.
- Hold together the volume up and lock keys, and then hold them until the inscription appears on the display. Then release the lock key.
- Release the volume up key immediately after activating the Recovery menu (after the text menu appears on the screen).
- Select WipeData from the menu and confirm twice.
- Wait for the factory reset to complete and turn on the phone.
Important: Before selecting the Wipe Data item, you can first try to select the Reboot item. There is a small chance of getting the desired result (rebooting the Xiaomi phone without losing data). The chance is small (if the previous methods did not help), but it’s worth a try.
Reset Xiaomi phone via computer
In fact, there are quite a few ways to reset a Xiaomi smartphone to factory settings. For example, you can use the dedicated MiFlash program on your computer. It allows you to install another firmware on your phone. You can download this utility from the official website of the developer by clicking on the “Download” button.
Several software versions are available on the download page. We recommend downloading the latest one, as it fixes the errors found earlier. After downloading, open the archive and click on the file XiaoMiFlash.exe.
After the installation is completed, we proceed to reset the Xiaomi phone, or rather, to flash it:
- We completely turn off the smartphone, and then put it into bootloader mode (press the volume down key and the power button until a special icon appears on the screen).
- Connect the phone to the computer with a USB cable. We launch the MiFlash program and specify the path to the file with the firmware. It must be downloaded in advance for your smartphone model. At the bottom of the window, select “Flash All” and click on the “Flash” button.
Usually, the firmware procedure takes 10-15 minutes, after which the smartphone turns on and boots on its own. During the procedure, it is strictly forbidden to disconnect the phone from the computer. If this rule is neglected, then you can simply turn the device into a “brick”.
You can also use the Mi PC Suite program to reset the settings, which you can download from the official website of the developer. After the installation is completed, we connect the phone via cable to the computer and run the utility. Next, we perform authorization in the Mi account by entering the username and password. If there is no such account, then it must be created on the smartphone. Then an additional window will appear on the screen where you need to select “Delete data” or “Wipe All Data on device”.
The smartphone will turn off, and then it will start with the initial settings.
Reset Xiaomi phone through settings
The most convenient way to reset your Xiaomi phone to the factory state is through the settings. Of course, this method cannot be used in case of serious failures that prevent access to the necessary partitions. In other cases, there is no better way to find. All you need is to follow the steps described in the step-by-step instructions:
- Opening the settings.
- Go to the “Advanced settings” section.
- Go to the “Backup and Reset” menu.
- Open the “Reset Settings” tab.
- Click on the “Reset settings” button.
- Confirm the procedure by selecting “OK” in the window that appears. If any protection is installed on the smartphone, then to reset the settings, you will need to enter a password or pattern. It may also require authorization in Mi account.
After completing the last step, the phone will turn off, and then reboot with the original settings. In difficult situations, performing the actions described in the instructions can be quite problematic. Then you can use another reset option, called “Hard Reset”. First you need to completely turn off the smartphone, and then follow the recommendations of the guide:
- Simultaneously hold the volume up key and the power button.
- After the Xiaomi logo appears, release the keys and wait for the recovery menu to load. Please note that all control and movement between tabs is performed through mechanical buttons. The volume keys are used to scroll through sections, and the power button is used to navigate or confirm an operation.
- Click on “Wipe Data”.
- Select “Wipe All Data” and confirm the action by clicking on the “Confirm” button.
- We are waiting for the end of the reset procedure, which usually takes 2-5 minutes and depends on the amount of data saved. If successful, the display will show “Data wiped Successfully”.
- Press the “Reboot” button to exit the recovery menu and reboot the smartphone.
The described steps are suitable for Xiaomi phones, where the stock recovery menu from the manufacturer is installed. Mi Recovery. If you have not changed anything in the system, then this instruction will most likely suit you.
How to reset Xiaomi phone to factory settings
Resetting the phone to factory settings is a special procedure that is most often performed before selling the device or to eliminate an error that has occurred. During such an operation, all data is deleted from the smartphone, including saved photos, videos, text documents and applications. Experienced users recommend that you transfer all important information to an SD card or other storage device before starting the procedure. This will allow, if necessary, to return the necessary data to the device.
In this article, we will explain in detail how to reset Xiaomi phone to factory settings in various ways. We advise you to carefully read each of the methods, and only then proceed to the actions.
Reset Xiaomi phone via TWRP Recovery
Some users install third-party Recovery menus on their smartphones. They are most often used to flash the phone and get root rights. One of the most popular is TWRP Recovery, which can only be used on a phone with an unlocked bootloader. If you have TWRP Recovery menu installed on your device, then you can use it to reset your Xiaomi phone:
- Turn off the smartphone completely, and then simultaneously press the volume up key and the power button.
- We are waiting for the recovery menu to load and select the “Wipe” item. By the way, touch control is available in TWRP Recovery.
- Move the slider, which is located at the very bottom of the screen. If you need to perform preparatory procedures, for example, select the data to be deleted, then click on the “Advanced Wipe” or “Format Data” button.
- If the reset is successful, the message “Done” will appear on the screen. Exit the recovery menu and reboot the phone by clicking on the “Reboot System” button.
As you can see, resetting a Xiaomi phone to factory settings via TWRP Recovery is not at all difficult. Also, you may have a recovery menu installed with a Russian-language interface. In this case, the task is even easier.
Reset Xiaomi phone in case of loss
If you’ve lost your phone and don’t want the person who found it looking at your data, remotely resetting your phone to factory settings is a smart solution. This can be done using two services: Find My Device and Mi Cloud. First, we will look at working with the Find My Device service from Google:
Hard Reset XIAOMI MI 9/9T
- Go to the official website of the service.
- We perform authorization in the account that was linked to the lost phone.
- On the map we see the approximate location of the device, as well as the charge of its battery and the time of the last connection to the network. Click on the “Clear device” button and view the possible consequences.
If the smartphone is currently offline, the reset will be performed immediately after connecting to the Internet. You can also use the proprietary Mi Cloud service to remotely reset your Xiaomi phone:
As in the previous case, all data will be deleted immediately after the smartphone goes online.
Thus, you can reset your Xiaomi phone to factory settings in various ways. It is most convenient to use the built-in capabilities of the system, but you can also turn to third-party programs.
Installing TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi smartphones
Over time, the Xiaomi smartphone starts to glitch, slow down and resetting to factory settings does not help. The way out of this situation may be to reinstall the firmware to custom. But installing it using a PC via fastboot mode can be inconvenient and dangerous.
Therefore, this can be done through the recovery. But the standard recovery supports this function only on devices of 2014-2015. Therefore, the installation of a third-party recovery is required. TWRP.
Installing with fastboot
Stage #1: preparation
- Install utility.
- Unzip the archive with the fastboot / ADB utility to the root of the local disk on the PC. The folder name should not contain Cyrillic, spaces and other characters, except for Latin and numbers.
- Transfer the TWRP image to the folder with fastboot / ADB and rename it to twrp.img.
- Install drivers.
- Copy important data from the phone as unlocking the bootloader will erase it.
Stage #2: Unlocking the bootloader
- Go to the developer menu: Settings = Advanced settings. If this section is not there, then go along the path Settings \u003d About phone and click on MIUI version 7-10 times.
- Go to sub-item Status Mi-unlock.
- Allow access to Mi account and other system information.
- Turn on mobile internet and click Link account to device.
- Launch MiUnlock and log in with your Mi account.
- Connect phone to PC. Phone connected or Device connected should appear.
- Click Unlock and agree to the data reset and increased risk of infection warnings for viruses and adware.
- Wait for the procedure to complete.
The first time it will end with one of the following errors at 99% progress:
Step #3: Installing TWRP
- Start your smartphone in fastboot mode:
- Turn off.
- Turn on by holding the power and volume down buttons until Fastboot appears.
- For command line: fastboot devices, fastboot flash recovery twrp.img, fastboot boot twrp.img
- For PowerShell:./fastboot devices./fastboot flash recovery twrp.img./fastboot boot twrp.img
- smartphone charged up to 85-90%;
- Mi account with a linked number, a SIM card with it and connected mobile internet. Using Wi-Fi will not work. this is a security limitation.
- Internet connection for PC; ;
- official application (http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=791377);
- fastboot/ADB utility;
- smartphone drivers;
- recovery image.
Installation using the official app
As planned by the developers, this utility is designed to update and reinstall TWRP. But you can also install recovery with it. The procedure is as follows:
- Save the recovery image to the memory card.
- Install the utility from PlayMarket or manually and run.
- Check the boxes I agree and Run with root permissions
- Press TWRP Flash and allow the utility to make changes to the system.
- Click Select file to flash and specify the path to the image.
- Click Install (Flash to recovery) and confirm the action.
- Wait for the completion of the firmware.
After completing the procedure, you can restart your smartphone in recovery mode by selecting the Reboot and Reboot to recovery applications from the main menu.
Summing up, we can say that installing TWRP custom recovery on Xiaomi is a simple task for an advanced user. Inexperienced owners are better off contacting a workshop for this operation.
Disadvantages of “pure” Android
The standard Android, devoid of any shells, has its drawbacks. The main one is the excessive number of pre-installed Google services. They can consume a lot of bandwidth for updates. But this is no longer a disadvantage, but an inconvenience. Indeed, in the application settings, you can set a ban on access to traffic specifically for Google services. You can also stop their work so that they do not consume the resources of the smartphone. However, with this approach, it remains unclear why they cannot be deleted, because users still have the right to completely stop their work.
The standard Android OS does not carry anything other than installed Google services. This can be attributed to the disadvantages. After all, users will need to install a huge number of programs to ensure the full functionality of the smartphone, which requires a lot of time. By the way, even such applications as “Gallery” and “Task Manager” will not be available by default. With the playback of video files, unfortunately, there may also be problems. Therefore, downloading a third-party video player is a must.
Pure Android is a system developed by Google, and devoid of any shell. For example, for Xiaomi, such a shell is the proprietary MIUI interface, which many do not like because of its “cartoonishness”, plus it takes up a lot of space in the system. Therefore, some users tend to purchase devices that lack the shell developed by the manufacturer.
Xiaomi went to meet customers halfway and offered to buy devices called Xiaomi Mi A1 and Mi A2 Lite. Unlike all other models of the brand, they have a clean Android One operating system.
Android One is the same Android operating system, but with some changes. So, in all Xiaomi smartphones, the MIUI shell is installed on top of the standard Android. In Mi A1 and Mi A2 Lite, in which Android One is integrated, this shell cannot be installed, and it will be impossible to make any changes to the functionality intended by the developers. However, it is worth noting that Xiaomi agreed to such cooperation voluntarily, taking care, first of all, of their customers and giving them the right to choose.
The Android operating system itself provides its users with opportunities that, in general, are serious advantages:
1) It has a desktop and application menu. If necessary, you can remove unnecessary shortcuts from the desktop in the application menu. In MIUI, there is only a desktop, and all icons are located exclusively on it.
2) Pure Android takes up less system space than Android that comes pre-installed with MIUI.
3) Android OS is optimized for more games than MIUI.
4) This system has a well-established security system, which offers an updated database for download almost every week. In MIUI, this is noticeably worse.
5) The OS is not crowded with unnecessary services that can take up a lot of free space, but at the same time do not allow themselves to be deleted.
These are the main advantages of basic Android. Some users may note a simple, but at the same time businesslike, and understandable interface, not overloaded with anything superfluous.
How to install
To install Android on Xiaomi, you will first need to unlock the bootloader. It will allow you to download and install other firmware on your phone. Unlocking the bootloader is done through the official website of Xiaomi. You need to go to this page http://ru.miui.com/unlock/ and leave a request to unlock the bootloader.
On the screen that opens, you will need to click “Unlock Now” and then fill in the fields as follows: in the first line, enter the name, in the second line, the phone number, in the third, the serial number of the mobile device, and in the fourth, indicate the reason why you want to unlock the bootloader.
It is worth noting that, if necessary, the corresponding service from Yandex or Google Corporation will help to translate from Russian. After that, it remains to confirm the captcha and enter the code that will be sent to the specified phone number. After a few days (usually 3 to 10), the bootloader will be unlocked. The status of the application is viewed on the company’s website.
After completing the above procedure, you will need:
- download the firmware with the bare Android operating system;
- install the Mi Flash or TWRP program on the PC, which are designed to carry out the firmware procedure;
- connect the smartphone to the computer and, through the program used, download the firmware file to the smartphone’s memory;
- reboot phone;
- perform the firmware procedure through the program;
- delete all data by clicking on the “Wipe Data” button;
- reboot the phone.
This process can be completed. The phone, after clearing the data, will turn on and work on a stock OS devoid of the MIUI shell.
Pure Android on Xiaomi is found only in two models: Mi A1 and Mi A2 Lite. Other models will have to be reflashed on their own. We strongly recommend that you view a visual guide for changing the firmware in order to exclude the appearance of possible “pitfalls”. At what it is necessary to search for content for a specific model. However, we do not recommend flashing on your own if you are not confident in your own abilities. It should be borne in mind that in case of failure, there is a risk of completely making the device inoperable.
How to Exit Fastboot Mode on Android with ReiBoot for Android
If the previous methods did not help you, or if you decide to immediately turn to professional software to quickly get rid of an error on your phone, use the ReiBoot for Android program, which will return your device to working mode in a matter of minutes. This program will allow you to exit the fast download mode with just one click, and absolutely free. Using this program is completely safe, and all your data will be saved, which is a unique feature of this utility. It is worth noting that the capabilities of the program are not limited to the function of entering / exiting the Fastboot mode. The program is designed to fix a variety of system errors on Android devices, and easily deal with situations such as black screen, device stuck in download mode, system update errors, etc. Next, we suggest you familiarize yourself with a brief list of program functions. detailed information, installation files for trial and full versions, user reviews and a step-by-step guide can be found on the official website of the Tenorshare developer.
- The program works with more than 600 models of Android devices: Samsung, LG, Google, Huawei, HTC, Sony, etc.
- The utility is compatible with any Android OS version not lower than Android 2.0.
- The program will allow you to enter and exit recovery / fastboot mode with just one click.
- The interface of the program is quite simple and understandable to any user, in addition, the attached step-by-step user guide will make the whole process of working with the program as simple and comfortable as possible.
- To get acquainted with the program, users are provided with a free trial version with some existing functions.
- The program has proven itself among users due to its excellent work results.
So, to exit the fastboot mode on your Xiaomi device using the ReiBoot for Android program, follow the instructions below.
Step 1 Download the installation file of the program from the official website of the developer or from the link below (a free trial version is enough to enter / exit the fast download mode). Install the program on your PC and then open it.
Step 2 Using a USB cable, connect your Xiaomi phone (or any other Android device) to the PC. After automatically detecting your device in Fastboot mode, in the main menu of the program, select the option “Exit fastboot mode”.
Attention: if the program cannot detect your device, enable USB debugging according to the prompts on the screen.
Step 3 After selecting this option, please wait for a few seconds and your Android device will successfully exit fastboot mode. Unlock the device by entering the correct password, after which the phone will be available for use again.
How to exit Fastboot mode on Xiaomi using reboot
The simplest and at the same time effective way in most cases is the usual reboot of the smartphone. To restart your Xiaomi device, press and hold the phone’s on/off button for 20 seconds. After turning off the device, wait a few seconds, and then press and hold the on/off button again until the device boot screen appears. If the phone boots up in normal mode, then the exit from Fastboot mode was successful, if not, use other methods described later in our article.
Exit fastboot mode on Xiaomi with ADB RUN
You can also use the ADB RUN utility to exit fastboot mode. To use it to get out of Fatboot mode on any Android device, including Xiaomi, follow the attached guide.
- Download the ADB RUN utility to your computer and install it.
- On your Xiaomi device, open the “Settings” app, select “General” and then “About smartphone”. Next, go to the “MIUI version” item. Click on this item 7-10 times, after which the developer mode will be activated on the device, about which a notification will appear on the device screen.
- Go back to “Settings”, select the “Advanced” section and go to the “For Developers” menu. Here, enable USB debugging by checking the box next to the item of the same name.
- Connect your phone to PC with USB cable. When prompted for USB Debugging, click “Yes”.
- Run the utility and enter the command “fastboot reboot” in the terminal.
Exit fastboot mode on Xiaomi using recovery mode
Recovery mode, or Recovery mode, allows you to reset the device to factory settings, install new firmware, delete files, and also helps you exit fastboot mode. To use this method, follow these steps.
On your Xiaomi device, press and hold the on/off and volume up buttons at the same time for 15 seconds. After the reboot, the phone will enter recovery mode.
In the menu of this mode, select the “Reboot” option. After the reboot, the phone should start up normally.
Attention: you can use the volume up/down buttons to navigate, and the on/off button to confirm your selection.
If this does not happen, and the device is still stuck in fastboot mode, go into recovery mode again, and then select the option “Wipe Data” / “Factory Reset” (in some versions “Wipe and Reset”. “Wipe All Data” ).
Attention: all files and settings of the device will be deleted in this case. We recommend that you use this option if you have a backup copy of your device data or as a last resort.
What to do if Xiaomi is stuck in Fastboot mode?
The activation of the fastboot mode on a Xiaomi phone can be recognized by the image on the screen of a hare in a hat fixing Android and (on some models) the corresponding inscription at the bottom of the screen: “Fastboot”. To enter this mode on a Xiaomi phone, you need to press and hold the power and volume down buttons. This combination can also be performed by accident, but more often the fast boot mode starts due to a system error or the installation of third-party firmware. Purposefully, users can launch Fastboot mode to get root access, remove built-in applications, flash the device, test applications, etc. If in any of these situations you are faced with the fact that the device cannot exit fastboot mode and freezes, then you can use any of the methods presented later in our article. All of them are quite simple and effective.
How to exit Fastboot mode without taking any action
Instead of using the above methods, you can try to simply drain the battery of your device “to zero”. Thus, it will turn off on its own and after turning it on it will have to start in normal operation. However, this option can take quite a long time and is unlikely to be chosen by the majority of users, which, nevertheless, does not cancel its right to exist. In addition, you can remove the battery from the device and after a few seconds return it to its place to restart the phone, however, not all models of Android devices, including Xiaomi models, have this possibility due to the special design of the devices.
How to Hard Reset Xiaomi Redmi Note 10
Thus, when your Xiaomi device freezes in Fastboot mode, you can try to exit it yourself using the methods described in this article. Start with the simplest. rebooting the device, and if that doesn’t help, try more complex ones, including professional software, such as ReiBoot for Android utilities or ADB RUN.