How to Put Password on Xiaomi App
On the smartphone of any user, a large amount of information is stored, including photos. All of them are accessible by default from the “Gallery”. a separate application in Android, but any user with access to the phone can view the contents without any problems. But here both personal photos from the camera and sent images from social networks and instant messengers, for example, WhatsApp, Viber and others, are stored. That is why a reasonable question arises: is it possible to set a password on the gallery in Android, and if so, how to do it?
If you read this material, then there are still ways. Only here, for different phone models, they can differ, so we recommend that you read the article to the end and get acquainted with all the ways.
Ways to set a password on the gallery
We will consider options for assigning a password to the gallery using standard operating system tools, as well as using specialized applications available on Google Play.
Standard Android Features
Unfortunately, not all versions of Android have such an opportunity, and in many respects it depends not so much on the version as on the shell of the operating system. If it is “bare” Android, by default there is no such option, but the manufacturers of Meizu, Xiaomi have their own specific tools that allow you to set passwords on the gallery. We considered all the options.
Setting a password in Xiaomi
The MIUI operating system, preinstalled on all devices from Xiaomi, has its own tool for protecting applications. over, you can install it not only for the gallery, but also for other programs, both standard and downloaded from Google Play. To set a password, do the following:
- Go to the “Settings” of your phone and go to the “Applications” tab;
- Click on “Application Protection” and select the programs you want to protect from the list. You can mark one option or several. For all, a single password will be set at login;
- Choose “Gallery” there and set your password. The system will prompt you to specify a graphic password, and then repeat it again;
- At the last step, as soon as the entry combination is set, you can bind Mi Account, so that in case of loss of the password you can bind it. To do this, click the “Snap” tab.
Now, whenever you enter the Gallery, the system will ask you to enter the password set in the settings. But keep in mind that unlocking is also possible with a fingerprint, if you have it activated.
Attention! Even if you set a password for viewing the gallery, your photos can be viewed using the file manager. We strongly recommend that you also set passwords for such applications if you have something to hide from prying eyes!
Xiaomi has another interesting option. hide desktop shortcuts. That is, you can use the settings to hide any icons so that other users do not see them on the desktop screen. Accordingly, they will not be able to launch them, so this type of protection is also suitable for you. This method can be configured as follows:
- As in the previous paragraph, go to “Applications” and go to “Application Protection”;
- Select the “Hide applications” tab at the top and click on it;
- Find “Gallery” in the list and mark it with a slider so that it is activated for hiding;
- Now, to call this program, it will be necessary to make a swipe with two fingers in opposite directions on the desktop, after which a tab with a password will appear. As soon as you specify it, access to the application will open, and you can use it.
Attention! Not all Xiaomi devices may hide the “Gallery”. Since this is a standard application, it may not be available for this option, so you then have to use the first option!
Setting a password on Meizu
Meizu devices use the Flyme operating system, which also provides for certain security measures, including for the gallery. If you need to set a password, you must do the following:
- Go to the “Settings” of the phone and click on the item “Fingerprints and security”;
- In the new window, scroll to the “Privacy” section, where you will need to click on the “Application Protection” item;
- Activate this option and set a password that will be used to open access to applications;
- Next, select the programs for which protection is set from the list and confirm the operation.
This completes the process of setting a password for the gallery in Meizu phones. At any time, you can disable it by also going to the corresponding menu item described in this paragraph.
Setting a password on Honor
If you have a Honor device, you can also set protection to launch the gallery on your phone here. The principle is approximately the same as in the previous paragraphs, only some tabs will differ:
- Go to the “Settings” of your phone and click on the item “Security and Privacy”;
- Next, select “Application Lock” and specify a password that will be used in the future to unlock and provide access to these programs;
- As soon as the password is set, select the “Gallery” from the list to block access to it and confirm the operation. If you wish, you can also enable the fingerprint for this operation. That is, it will be possible to unlock access by simply putting a finger. In our example, there is Avito, since we have already blocked the gallery!
Hide individual albums
This is a universal way for all phones, which also has a place to be. In the Android operating system, you can hide certain albums that will not be displayed in the general list. They can be opened only if you go to the gallery settings and display the current album, previously hidden. We will show you how to do this using the Xiaomi example:
- Open the “Gallery” and select the album in which the photographs are located;
- Click on this album and hold for a few seconds until an additional context menu appears. In it, select the item “Make Invisible”;
- After this operation, it will disappear from the general list and will be available only if you return it to the public domain. You can also view and assign hidden albums through Settings.
Programs for setting a password on the gallery
If you are not satisfied with the standard options described for most phone models in this article or if you do not have the items described in the previous paragraphs in the operating system, you can use specialized programs available from Google Play. They allow you to block access to any applications on your phone in a few clicks. We reviewed the best options.
This is a universal tool for maintaining confidential information and preventing unauthorized access to your data. With it, you can set a password for almost any program installed on your phone. The configuration is as follows:
- Download the AppLock app and launch on your phone;
- At the first start, the system will prompt you to set a password, which will be used to unlock access;
- Next, indicate the email address, so that in case of problems or loss of the password, you can quickly restore it, as well as provide a higher level of protection;
- In the “Privacy” section, find the “Gallery” and click on the lock icon to block access. Starting with Android 5, you must give the program access to data, so you provide it, following the instructions, and confirm your actions;
- This completes the process of working with the program. Now, whenever you enter the Gallery, you will need to provide a password. If you change it in AppLock, then in other applications at the input it will also be changed.
This is another universal program to prevent access to any applications on your smartphone. In fact, it is in many ways similar to the previous version. It is also available in Russian for free on Google Play, so you yourself decide what to use here. The whole setup process is carried out in a few clicks:
- Download Smart AppLock on Google Play and open;
- By default, the application will be turned off, so you need to click the “Enable” tab on the main screen;
- Next, from the list, select the applications that you want to block. In our case, this is the “Gallery”. You can also select Google Photos if you have photos stored there. At the same stage, you can select different file managers, so that through them it was also impossible to view images;
- Create a graphic key, and then confirm it again. It will be used as a password;
- At the last stage, it will be necessary to provide all the permissions, so choose them for Smart AppLock in the settings of your device, following the instructions, and this can be said that the process is finished.
This is a bit tedious way, but we also described it, so it can be useful to many users. Who does not know, ES Explorer is a file manager that allows you to view any type of file and folder on your smartphone. But there is one more option in it. setting passwords on any directories and using encryption. The only negative is that the application is not available on Google Play, so you need to download it from third-party sites, for example, trashbox, where you can choose your own version of Android without viruses. Further, the procedure is as follows:
- Install ES Explorer and give it all the requested rights;
- In the main window, go to the Internal Storage section and create a directory there. You can choose another section (we just chose as an example);
- To create a folder, you need to click on the top of the menu, select the “Create” tab there, then “Folder” and enter the name of the directory. Important: create only in Latin letters;
- Go to this section and copy the files from the gallery there, which will need to be hidden;
- Next, click on this folder, holding for a few seconds, and in the window that appears, click on the “Encrypt” tab;
- Specify the password that will be set in this directory and confirm it in the line below;
- Now no one will be able to access the folder, even if it goes through the file manager.
This method can be used together with the standard blocking of the Gallery application or the installation of third-party programs. On the one hand, no one can go to the gallery to view photos there, since a password is required. On the other hand, even if they go to the file manager, there will also be protection on the folder there. There are many options for maintaining confidentiality, so you have a lot of choices. But remember that if viruses get into your smartphone, this protection will not stop them, and your confidential information may be disclosed by third parties. Be sure to use antivirus on your phone, follow the rules of safe work on the Internet and be sure to create backups.