How to Print a Document With Iphone On A Printer
Modern technologies allow you to print any information without a computer, from a simple text document to a full-fledged color image. The main thing is that, along with a smartphone, your printer also supports a similar function. Let us consider in more detail how to print from a telephone to a printer, and what useful applications can be used for this.
What information can be printed from a smartphone or tablet
Only a fantasy can limit a modern smartphone with an up-to-date printer. There are various ways to connect your gadget to a printing device. If you have the ability to connect via Wi-Fi (on both devices), then you won’t even need a power cord, it’ll be enough installed application. In this case, you can even print the file remotely.
Through the cloud, you can transfer the same list of media information as on the wire:
- Text Document;
- digital photo;
- archive (format.zip.rar, etc., containing materials for printing).
All current operating systems today (Android, IOS, W10) support the possibility of wired and wireless data transfer to printing devices, including the so-called sharing and synchronization via the cloud.
There are several ways to connect your smartphone or tablet to the printer. Let us dwell in more detail on each of them.
Print via USB
The first thing that comes to mind when you want to print a particular file is to use a standard wire. The most common connector to date is micro usb. The second most popular is the gaining popularity (installed on most flagship models) connector Type-c. There is no fundamental difference between these connectors, unless the latter wins in terms of data transfer speed and charging time, but this does not affect the very fact of printing data.
By the way, this way you can send files both from the phone and from the tablet.
The USB connector is also a charging connector, so it is unlikely to confuse it with anything else (for example, with a headphone jack). Most often, it is located at the bottom of the phone, smartphone or tablet. To connect your gadget to the printer, you will need a cord. If you have a PC at hand, then the task will be greatly simplified (it will serve as a kind of host). If there is no PC, then you can do without it, because most printers and MFPs have long been equipped with a USB input (or several) for active connection of external devices.
Smartphones based on android able to host office equipment, starting with version 4.0 (ICS) and higher. There is information that devices on version 2.3.6 also have this feature, but it is not confirmed, so much depends on the device itself. IPhone (iPad) It has this feature from the earliest versions of the operating system, so there should not be any problems with the software. The connection process itself is very simple.
- The corresponding cord is connected to the smartphone and to the printer (MFP).
- If the connection is made, the corresponding marker will appear on the screen or a signal will sound.
- Next, you must either resort to the preinstalled explorer for working with printers, or download the appropriate program, which can greatly simplify the printing process (see below).
If the printer detects a device connected to it and accepts the files in the print queue, then after pressing the “start” button, printing of information will begin. If this does not happen, you need to check the wire (whether it is firmly connected to the jack), restart the application from the phone or tablet.
If the printer does not have an appropriate connector for connecting the phone, this problem can easily be solved by purchasing the appropriate adapter for working with wearable devices.
The advantage of connecting the phone via USB is the convenience and simplicity, the lack of incompatibility at the software level, as well as the versatility of this method. A disadvantage is the fact that not all printing devices are equipped with appropriate sockets, you may need the help of an adapter.
Connecting via wireless networks is much easier. Main condition: the printer must support this communication technology. From the phone or from the tablet must be directed sync request with a printing device. After a short compatibility check, both devices are synchronized and will be ready to work in conjunction.
You don’t need to repeat the search process: once you’ve made friends with the printer, your phone (or tablet) will remember its address, and the next time it will connect to it without problems.
Here is a short list of steps you need to follow to sync your devices via wi-fi:
- enable wi-fi on your smartphone;
- enable wi-fi on the printer (MFP);
- wait until the process of searching for devices to connect is completed;
- request a connection to the printer from a smartphone by clicking on its name in the list of devices available for connection;
- wait for a check for synchronization;
- in case of successful synchronization, open Explorer or the corresponding application for working with printing on your phone.
The advantage of this connection method is its versatility. no additional devices are required. The downside is a greater chance hardware incompatibilities, because systems may simply not recognize each other, which is much less common when connected using a wire. However, modern software manufacturers work hard in terms of device versatility, so the incompatibility problem will likely affect devices that have been in operation for years and have not been updated for a long time.
Printing with Cloud Services
Printing equipment sometimes has support for working on a wireless network or through cloud storage. This means that from any device, even located tens of kilometers from the printer, you must enter the cloud to which it is connected and send the file for printing. An important condition is that the printer must be in an active state and be connected to the Internet.
Official Google Cloud Print Utility. It will not only help you send the file for printing, but also give information about the status of the printer. you can find out what documents are in the queue, change the order or cancel the task. To do this, you must be logged in Google Account to which a printer or MFP was previously connected.
The good news is that the utility allows you to work with several accounts that can be connected to different peripheral devices.
Printing is done in two ways.
- In the utility, click on the symbol of the printer and specify the path to the file that you want to print. The choice can be made through a third-party application. a browser, file manager or gallery.
- In an application suitable for the type of file, open it and click on the “send” button, then it remains to indicate “virtual printer”.
Depending on the device, you can make various kinds of settings for printing, for example, specify page orientation, paper type, print in color or monochrome, and more.
The principle of the application is similar to the “Virtual Printer”. By analogy with it, it is required Google account binding, and if there are several peripheral devices, then you need to set the one that will be used by default.
The advantage of the application is an expanded number of content sources. The user will be able to print not only what is stored in the memory of his phone, but even SMS, data from the contact book, files from the Google clouds, OneDrive, Dropbox, photos from Facebook and much more. After installation, the application automatically integrates into the “send” section, so printing any file is not difficult.
This utility is one of the most popular in PlayMarket. The developers were able to introduce a lot of useful features, including printing not only through the cloud, but through direct connection via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB. You can print almost anything in this utility. from the list of calls to calendar events or emails.
Application has driver base and constantly updates them, which allows you to work with a variety of devices. In case of problems, there is no difficulty in finding the driver yourself and forcing it to be forced. This is true when connecting to old printers.
A useful option is internet printer. In this case, on the official website of the developer, you need to download the utility and register with it, then add a printer and give the application access to it. Thanks to the utility, users can adjust print settings through a PC and can preview a document, which is very convenient.
Functionally, PrintHand is most reminiscent of PrinterShare. The possibilities here are similar, but there are differences in the interface, many people think that the Hand utility visually more enjoyable and understandable. She also knows how to print pages from a browser, documents, SMS, phone book and more. She has her own browser, file manager and gallery. Thanks to this, finding a file from the application is much easier. In addition to Gmail, the program supports other sweat services and more. There is work with OneDrive, Dropbox, Facebook, Evernote, SugarSync and others. Another useful option is to help you install a new printer.
Through GooglePlay to PrintHand you can download the official software for technology from popular manufacturers, for example, Samsung, Epson, Canon and others.
Digital Print Apps on iPhone
- Apple airprint. Perhaps the most famous application for working with printing. By installing this program, you can print not only text information from an iPhone, but also photos, and you can do this in several convenient ways. A clear drawback is the need to purchase special equipment, which in our realities does not look like the most productive solution. However, users have no complaints about the application itself.
- Handy Print. Almost completely duplicates the application mentioned above. There is a possibility of a test mode during the first two weeks, you will have to pay for further use. The obvious minus is that for the correct operation, you will still need the PC on which this application is installed.
- Printer Pro. This program looks much simpler than the previous two. It allows you to print files directly from your own explorer, just specify “open in” and specify the necessary program, for example, the well-known Dropbox. A user-friendly interface and an intuitive menu are what make Printer Pro so appealing.
- Epson iprint. This program is being developed by manufacturers of printing equipment. After installing it, the application itself will find all the devices to which it can connect, and will offer to synchronize with them wirelessly. The abundance of settings and features make working with this program affordable and productive. If you are looking for functionality and manufacturability, then this is what you need.
- HP ePrint Enterprise Another proprietary application from manufacturers of relevant equipment. Synchronization from the device occurs via the Internet. It is possible to work with cloud services, as well as queuing for printing via e-mail. The perfectly scalable menu on the smartphone makes the application extremely convenient for everyday use. It is worth trying it once, as you will have a clear feeling that you have been using it for a long time. the menu is organized simply, clearly and ergonomically.
Do not forget that to print from the phone, users can use a mobile printer. Its feature is that it is very compact device with its own battery. You can take it with you on a trip and even carry it in a backpack. Synchronization with a smartphone or tablet is via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. All this happens automatically, so there are no special difficulties in printing a file. A mobile printer is definitely useful, but it’s important to figure out whether it is really needed, since its price is not the most loyal.
Our time requires quick, sometimes momentary decisions, every minute is important, therefore it is very important not only to have a smartphone and the ability to remotely print information from it (photo or document). It is important that, if necessary, the application is synchronized with cloud services or send information directly to the printer, without taking up unnecessary time from the user. About how and with what to do this, we examined in this article.