How To Open The Phone Cover Of Redmi 8
Case material Xiaomi Redmi 4
The body of the smartphone is made of plastic with rounded ends and corners. The designers tried to disguise the plastic as metal, so the color is not uniform everywhere. There are two grooves on the back, but they are decorative. All these features will serve us well when opening the lid. After all, it is not always possible to open the lid without a trace. It should be said separately that you need to work as carefully as possible in order to avoid serious cracks and chips.
How to open the back cover of Xiaomi Redmi 4
The Xiaomi Redmi 4 smartphone is not provided by the developers for removing the back cover. The device has a monolithic body, in which there are no any kind of protrusions and niches in order to “pick” and open the back cover, like other smartphones. But there are times when this still needs to be done in order to get to the battery and other important parts. Then how to open the back cover of Xiaomi Redmi 4? Let’s figure it out.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 smartphones
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Cover Removal Process
To remove the back cover of the smartphone, we need some tools:
- Sucker. The main tool for holding the lid. The more suction cup you can find, the better, but no more in diameter than the width of the lid. It is desirable that it be with a handle to hold it with your hand.
- Screwdrivers, small, Phillips.
- Plastic tool. Front pry shovel.
Cover Xiaomi Redmi 4
Follow the SIMple steps to open the cover:
- The phone must be turned off.
- The basket for inserting the SIM card must be removed.
- At the bottom there are 2 screws that must be removed using prepared screwdrivers.
- We pry the case very carefully with prepared plastic spatulas.
- When the lid gave in, you need to open it from the side of the keys, from the right edge.
- Attention! Open more carefully, inside 2 parts are held together by a fragile cable that branches off from the fingerprint recognition window.
- Next, unfasten the cable from the cover.
- That’s all. The cover is removed, now you can get the battery if it was your goal.
We disassemble the Xiaomi smartphone
It will not be superfluous to remind once again that the developer does not provide for removing the cover and disassembling the smartphone, so you do this at your own peril and risk.
How to check the authenticity of a smartphone Xiaomi Redmi 4
Everyone knows that the smartphone market is overflowing with fake products. It can easily fall into our hands, given that we have never seen many new models of smartphones in our eyes. In order to determine what is in your hands, an original Xiaomi product or a fake, download and install the application on your smartphone from the page https://jd.Mi.com/ and scan. The program will indicate whether you have an original device or still fell for a fake.
Comparison of original and fake Xiaomi Redmi 4
Also, your smartphone can be checked for authenticity in another way. To compare the actual characteristics with the characteristics specified by the manufacturer. To do this, you need to install the AnTuTu application on your phone and do a comparison test.
It is necessary to warn you, if you conducted a test and the results are suspiciously small or the characteristics of the smartphone do not coincide with those declared by the manufacturer. This may mean that you are the owner of a fake and it is unlikely that you will be able to open the back cover. It should also be said that you should not use the AnTuTu application preinstalled in the purchased device, but download and install it again from the official website or Google Play. This should be done for the reason that the manufacturer of a fake smartphone can install a program that knowingly shows the results necessary for a positive test, so that the user does not guess anything.
How to remove the back cover on Xiaomi smartphones
The owner of the Xaomi smartphone can independently change the battery or dry the inside of the phone if it is damp. To do this, you need to have a special tool and know how to open a Xiaomi phone.
What is needed to disassemble the phone
Unfortunately, Xiaomi smartphones, like most other brands, do not have a removable cover. But do not rush to immediately grab a sharp object and pry the panel in the hope of instantly snapping it off. A number of tools are required to neatly disassemble the case without scratches or damage. Namely:
You can buy an inexpensive phone repair kit on AliExpress. The sum of just a set will not exceed 10.
How to open the phone and remove the back cover from Xiaomi
We offer you a short instruction on how to open the back cover on Xiaomi Redmi phone (including models 3 and 4), Mi Max, etc. Since almost all phones have the same design, this guide can be used for most mobile gadgets.
When carrying out all work related to the disassembly of electrical devices and their repair, a number of rules and recommendations are observed:
- Requirements for the place of work: sufficient illumination, ventilated room with low humidity.
- Before starting work, you must read the operating instructions for the device. If it contains a description of the order of actions, you must strictly adhere to it.
- The smartphone must be without a headset and disconnected from external power sources (from the charger). Power key. In the “Off” position.
- The battery must not be deformed, disassembled, or allowed to come into contact with food or liquids.
- The old battery must be disposed of correctly. It must be thrown into special trash bins with the sign “For spent accumulators and batteries” or handed over to a household appliance recycling center.
- When disassembling the device, fold the removed parts in order: cover, bracket fastening screws, bracket, etc. This will help when assembling the smartphone.
How to remove the battery from Xiaomi and replace it
All the insides of the smartphone are carefully hidden under protective panels and circuit blocks. Therefore, alas, one disassembled case is not enough for further actions. But don’t be upset. Below you will find detailed instructions on how to properly remove the battery without harming the “stuffing” of the device.
Recommendations for different models
There is little difference in the procedure, but there are nuances.
For Xiaomi Redmi 4:
- After separating the cover from the case, it should be removed carefully. The fingerprint sensor is attached to it.
- The sensor cable must be disconnected. You can use a screwdriver for this.
This procedure is required for the following Xiaomi models:
- Redmi 4a;
- Note 4x;
- Redmi Note 4;
- Note 5;
- Redmi 3s;
- Note 3;
- Redmi 5 and others.
If the device is under warranty, the user is responsible for disassembly. Therefore, if a problem occurs with the phone, it is better to solve it in a service center. If self-opening is detected, the warranty will be void.
To disassemble the plastic case, you will need devices with the following characteristics:
- Reliability. They must withstand the load.
- Smoothness of contours and smoothness of the surface. Sharp edges can scratch the surface of the smartphone during mounting and dismounting.
To open the Xiaomi cover, you need a phone repair spatula. Its functions at home can be performed by a plastic guitar pick or bank card.
To remove the old battery and install a new one, you need:
- Thin Phillips screwdriver;
- Double-sided tape.
- Disassembly should be carried out on a flat and clean surface. A table, bedside table or wide window sill is suitable for this process.
- The parts to be removed are placed in the order they were removed. This will help with reassembly.
- Before work, you must wash your hands or use thin special gloves.
- The room is provided with good lighting and ventilation.
- Safety measures are followed.
- The first step is to take out the SIM-card tray. If you leave it in its original position inside the case, then it will interfere with the removal of the cover.
- Disassembly starts with the procedure for opening the latches around the perimeter of the gadget. Opening the back cover is not so easy. It takes a lot of effort to cope with the task. But this must be done very carefully. The best and safest way is to open the device with a special spatula for working with phones. And certainly, in no case should you use sharp objects that can cause scratches when working with the back cover. You need to start opening the latches from one corner of the phone, gradually moving to another.
- When the latches are affected, slowly and carefully remove the back cover on Xiaomi Redmi or Mi Max. Smoothly open the case, seeing there a train connecting the back surface to the touchscreen. Carefully remove the ribbon cable to detach the front panel.
- Now we have before us the “stuffing” of the Mi smartphone. Here we see the top panel with the installed chip and cameras. The battery is located under them. Most often, the question of how to remove the back cover of Xiaomi Redmi or Mi Max appears when it is necessary to replace the cameras or the battery. It is also relevant if the touchscreen is damaged, but without additional complex equipment, you will definitely not solve this task at home.
- Although the insides of the smartphone are open to us, we cannot yet extract them. In addition to cameras. We can get them if we open the seal, which can be easily pushed off with any flat object at hand.
- If you disassemble the phone to replace the battery or dig into the chip, then you have to work with a screwdriver. The internal elements are bolted to the cover. We unscrew them with a screwdriver, be sure to fold them in a conspicuous place so as not to lose, and only after that we can continue parsing. Loose bolts need to be given special attention. Those that are attached from above are longer than screwed from below. Therefore, put them in different places so as not to get confused.
- After unscrewing the bolts, open the protective panel from the top and a chip will appear in front of you. It is not recommended to make any changes to its configuration on your own.
- I close the back cover in the same way as I open it, but, of course, the steps are performed in the reverse order. The main thing is to be careful and act carefully, and then everything will work out.
To get a more accurate idea of how to properly open the Mi Max phone and other models from Xiaomi, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the training videos.
How to remove the battery and replace it
Go to this procedure after removing the back cover of the phone.
To replace the battery you will need:
- Phillips screwdriver (2.5 mm);
- Double-sided tape.
- Unscrew 3 screws that secure the bracket (for the ribbon cable).
- It is recommended to remove it from the board with tweezers or fingers, prying with a screwdriver.
- Disconnecting the battery power cable.
- It is required to remove the lower module. For this, 8 screws are unscrewed, and it is carefully removed from the socket. This will provide easy access to the battery.
- 2 black labels are peeled off from its bottom, holding the adhesive tape to connect to the body.
- The tape is carefully pulled out.
- Use tweezers or a spatula to pick up the battery and remove it from the socket.
- Before installing, it is necessary to check the marking of the old and new batteries. They must match.
- A strip of tape is glued to the bottom surface, the protective layer of paper is removed from it.
- The battery is inserted into the slot.
The assembly of the Redmi 4 phone is carried out in reverse order:
- Bottom module insert.
- Fixing it with 8 screws.
- Attaching the Power Loop to a New Battery.
- Fastening the bracket with 3 screws.
- The back cover is closed. This must be done carefully, smoothly snapping the fasteners around the perimeter.
Take a Phillips screwdriver PH00 and unscrew and remove the screw D 3.5 mm (circled in a red circle in the photo).
Using a spatula or spatula, carefully pry up the small metal tab that was held in place by the screw.
Gently lift up and detach the orange ribbon cable that attaches to the back panel.
If you also need to dismantle the metal frame that is inside the case, perform operations 4 and 5.
The rear cover and the bumper are glued, so you must proceed correctly to remove the cover. It will require preheating around the perimeter of the case for 5 minutes or so. If the heating of the adhesive layer is insufficient or uneven, the glass cover may crack upon opening.
Heat should be supplied with a hot air gun, which should be held above the smartphone body at a distance of about 9-10 cm.
Make sure the heat is evenly distributed around the outer edge of the device.
Using a PH00 Phillips screwdriver, unscrew the eight silver Ø 3.5 mm screws (circled in red in the photo).
Also use a PH00 screwdriver to remove the six black screws D 4.0 mm (circled in orange circles in the photo).
Using a PH00 screwdriver, unscrew one silver screw D 3.0 mm (circled in a yellow circle in the photo).
Use the sharp end of a PH00 screwdriver to gently peel off the white stickers. These are warranty seals, there are also screws under them (circled in green circles in the photo).
Unscrew the two black screws D 4.0 mm with a PH00 screwdriver (circled in green circles in the photo).
Tools you need to open your Honor phone cover
- “Pentalobe” 0.8 (asterisk);
- Phillips screwdriver ph00;
How to remove the back cover of a Huawei Honor 8 phone
- Difficulty: medium
- Number of operations: 5
- Required time: 20. 25 minutes
Be careful not to damage the orange ribbon cable when detaching the back panel.
Using a keyless plastic mounting spade, carefully pry up the corner of the rear glass panel.
Run the sharp edge of the spatula slowly along the edge of the glass panel to break the adhesive bond.
In order to make it easier to open the back cover and separate it from the rest of the case, you can use additional plastic tools (spatulas and spatulas, etc.).
After removing the adhesive, carefully remove the cover.
How to remove the cover from an Honor phone
The back panels of newer Huawei Honor models are usually made of glass. For example, Honor 10, Honor 9, Honor 9 Lite, Honor 8 are closed behind with a glass cover. Smartphones look very stylish, but, as practice has shown, a glass panel is a fragile beauty.
Gently pry off the metal frame with a spudger and slowly slide the spatula around the perimeter of the case.
To separate the inner frame from the body, you can use additional plastic tools. Spatulas and spatulas.
Gently pull the metal frame upward to remove it from the phone body.