How to Make an Account on Xiaomi Redmi 6a
There are many reasons why you may need to perform a full reset to the factory settings of your Xiaomi Redmi 6A smartphone (Hard Reset). Typically, this procedure is performed to restore the system, which was violated by viruses, deleting system files, “clumsy” firmware updates, and many other things. Hard Reset is very easy to execute on any smartphone, but you should be aware of the consequences of this action and be able to backup your system and files. All of this we will describe in detail below.
How to create a backup?
Attention! A reset will erase all data on the Xiaomi Redmi 6A phone. If you have not backed up contacts, images,s, documents and everything else, then you must do this, otherwise you will lose all the personal information that was on the device.
In order not to lose your data, follow these recommendations.
- Drop photos, documents ands onto your computer via a USB cable. You can also use Google Photos to backup images, and the Google Drive cloud service is suitable for documents and folders, but you can upload a number of files to it. To expand the storage you will have to pay.
- In order not to lose contacts and applications, activate synchronization with the cloud in the settings. Follow the path “System”. “Advanced”. “Backup”. Turn on backup to your Google Account.
Once you’re done, you can perform the Hard Reset Xiaomi Redmi 6A.
How to make a complete data reset on a Xiaomi Redmi 6A phone from the settings menu?
Attention! Due to FRP (Factory Reset Protection, that is, protection against reset), Android will ask you to enter the username and password of the account that was assigned before the Hard Reset procedure. Therefore, if you plan to sell a smartphone, you need to log out of your Google account (“Settings”. “Accounts”. “Google”. “Delete Account”) before resetting, so that the person who receives your phone can activate their profile on it.
Given the wide range of Android phones and the complexity of describing the reset process for a specific model, we will show the manual on the example of three fundamentally different devices and firmware:
- Mi A1 on pure Android, which is also used in Nokia, Motorola, OnePlus (has a slightly redesigned system) and in all devices released about the Android One program;
- Galaxy S7, which is running Samsung Experience. Recall that the Korean corporation is the largest smartphone manufacturer in the world, so it makes sense to show this shell;
- Redmi Note 5 on MIUI. The products of this company are in great demand in the CIS, so we could not ignore it.
The easiest way to make Hard Reset is through a special menu in the system settings. Once again, note that the location and name of the items may vary slightly depending on the phone used. The main thing is to find the main category for recovery and discharge.
Xiaomi Mi A1 (pure Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Click on the “Settings” icon in the application menu or launch them using the icon in the notification curtain.
- Scroll down and go to the “System” section.
- Click Reset.
- Select “Delete All Data” (“Reset to Factory Settings”).
- Confirm your intention by pressing the key below.
- Enter the PIN code of the device and click “Continue”.
- Select Erase All.
The device will reboot and you will need to go through the initial setup again, as if it were a new phone.
Samsung Galaxy S7 (Samsung Experience Shell)
- Go to settings convenient for you.
- At the bottom, click on the tab “General Settings”.
- Select Reset (Archive and Reset).
- Tap on “Reset Data.”
- Press the blue reset button.
- Enter the device PIN and click “Next”.
- Click “Delete All” (“Reset Device”).
Your phone will restart. It remains to configure it, as after the purchase.
Redmi Note 5 (MIUI firmware)
- Open Settings.
- Go to the “Advanced Settings” window.
- Click “Backup and Reset.”
- Select Reset Settings.
- To delete absolutely all applications and files, check the “Clear internal memory” box.
- It remains to click on “Reset Settings” and enter the password, if necessary.
Attention! As you can see, the main thing is to find the “Reset” section. In order not to “wander” with all parameters in the search for the right menu, it’s easier to enter the “Reset” query into the search window on the main page. Select the desired menu from the proposed list and you will immediately get into it. And then everything, as in the instructions.
How to execute Hard Reset Xiaomi Redmi 6A via Recovery?
This is an actual method if there is a malfunction on the phone that prevents it from loading. It is for such cases that you need a recovery mode through which Hard Reset will be required.
- If your phone is on, turn it off.
- Hold the power and volume down buttons (if nothing happens, read our separate article on how to enter Recovery).
- Instead of a normal boot, you will see a menu where navigation is performed using the volume keys (move the cursor) and power (select).
- Go down to the “Wipe data / factory reset” category and click on it with the power button.
- Highlight “Yes” to confirm the reset.
Upon completion of the reset, the device will go into reboot and will display a standard welcome and settings window. Again, the menu names may vary slightly depending on the model.