In this tutorial, I will show how to trim a song (music) on a computer and phone. Consider the best free services and programs.
Why do they usually cut music?
- For individual sounds, quotes, comments.
- To get individual chapters from an audiobook.
- To make a ringtone. Put a fragment of a song on the bell.
- To remove superfluous and leave only the necessary parts (for example, favorite songs from a concert).
How to cut a song on a computer
Consider a few free online song trimming services. They are good in that you do not need to install and configure anything. Everything is done right in the browser.
1. Click the “Select File” button.
2. Download the song from the computer.
3. A sound file will appear. Move the blue brackets on the left and right to highlight the desired fragment.
You can make a smooth start and end to a composition using the Smooth Start and Smooth Attenuation tools.
4. Select the format to save. Usually mp3. Click the “Crop” button.
5. Click on “Save”. The cut out fragment will be written to the “Downloads” folder.
1. Drag the song to the program window or click on the “Select” button and load manually.
2. A track and editing tools will open. Move the sliders to highlight the desired part.
- A checkmark in the “Delete selected area” item will cut out the marked part from the composition.
- If you do not check, then the selected part will be saved on the computer.
3. Specify the format to save in “Output format”. Click the “Crop” button.
4. The processing result will open. If everything suits you, click on “Download”.
The file will be saved to the Downloads folder.
Click on the “Select File” button and download the song.
Select the desired part with square brackets. You can delete or cut this fragment by clicking on the basket or scissors icon in the right corner of the page.
If you do not need to delete anything from the song, select the format and click on the “Save” button.
The finished file is downloaded to the “Downloads” folder.
Other online services
In addition to the services described above, there are many others. Everyone has a similar principle: select a fragment, select a format and save. Briefly tell about the most popular.
Designed to create ringtones. Additionally, the service has a sound enhancement function.
Allows you to cut and save the selected part of the song; There is a function of increasing and attenuation of sound.
In addition to the functions of audio cutting, the service has tools to increase and decrease sound.
Another great ringtone maker service.
It copes with sharp music, allows you to add special effects. There is a smooth start and fade, sound amplification and speed adjustment.
The social network Vkontakte has an application called “Cutting music.” To use it, go to vk.com/app1921965_-74724484.
Click the Download button and select a file.
Mark the desired area by moving the scissors. After setting, click on the “Crop” button.
Click on “Save” and select the folder to download.
Consider simple and free programs with which you can quickly trim a song. They are useful if you often edit music or if you have weak internet.
You can download the program from the official mpesch3.De website.
1. On the menu, click File. “Open” and add music to the program window.
2. An audio track will open and the buttons below will become active. Select the desired segment with the left mouse button.
- For a more accurate selection in the program there are tools “Start” and “End”.
- To delete a fragment, select it and click on the “Scissors” icon or the Delete key on the keyboard.
- To save the selected area, click “File”. “Save Selection”.
3. To save the processed composition, click “File”. “Save All Audio”.
The program has a tool with which you can automatically cut a large file into several parts.
- Go to the menu “Special”. “AutoCue Cue-tags”.
- In the “Put a mark” field, specify the time interval for saving the sliced parts and click OK.
- Go to the menu “File”. “Save with cutting.”
- Specify the folder and click OK.
You can download the program from the official website wave-editor.com/ru.
1. Run the program. Click “File”. “Open” and select a song.
2. An audio track will appear. Start the player by clicking on the “Play” button or the space bar on the keyboard.
3. When the time comes to set the beginning of the segment, click on the “Select” button in the “Start” line. Continue playing.
4. When the time comes to finish the selection, click on the “Select” button in the “End” line. Check the box “Active”.
On a note. For quick selection, you can use the left mouse button.
5. To save the segment, click on the “File” menu item and select “Save Selected As”.
Specify the folder to save and click on the “Save” button.
By default, the program records audio in wav format. It can be changed to mp3 in the “File Type” line.
To download, go to the official website audacityteam.Org.
1. Run the program and load the composition through the menu: File. Open.
2. Activate the selection tool. Left-click on the desired segment.
- In the bottom panel “Start and end selection”, you can specify the time manually.
- To delete the selected segment, click on the “Scissors” tool.
- To save the selected segment, go to “File”. “Export”. “Save selected audio”.
3. To record the edited song, go to “File”. “Export”. “Export to Mp3”.
Nero wave editor
Wave Editor can be downloaded from nero.com. Today it is free, available for download in the “Download” section.
Download the song into the window using the menu “File”. “Open”. Create a selection with the left mouse button.
To save, open the File menu. Save As.
Under “File Type”, select mp3 and click on “Save”.
Professional audio editors
If the functionality of free editors is not enough, use professional programs. They allow not only to cut the song, but also to glue it, apply special effects and much more.
- Magix Sound Forge. Trial version can be downloaded from magix.com official site.
- Adobe Audition Professional audio editor from Adobe. You can download a trial version on adobe.com.
How to cut a song on your phone
On the phone, as well as on the computer, you can cut music using free online services. I’ll show you how to do it.
1. Go to mp3cut.Net/ru.
2. Press the “Select File” button and select an audio file from the phone’s memory.
3. The audio track will load. Move the square brackets on the sides to highlight the desired line. Click the “Crop” button.
In the bottom field, you can listen to the result by clicking on “Play”, and specify the time in the “Start” and “End” items.
4. Click “Save.”
The finished file will appear in the Audio folder.
2. Click the “Select File” button and download the audio.
3. Move the brackets to highlight the section.
- In the items “Start” and “End” you can specify the time.
- Using the “Scissors” and “Basket” tools, you can delete the selected segment.
4. Select a format, and click the “Save” button.
The processed file will be downloaded to the Audio folder.
The service is available at ringtosha.Ru.
Click the Download button.
Select the fragment and click “Crop”.
The finished file will automatically be saved in the Audio folder.
Through the application
The application can be installed from Google Play via the link.
After starting, the application will automatically show the audio records found on the phone.
Click on the “down arrow” under the song and select “Change.”
There will be sliders at the top left and bottom right for the selection of the fragment.
The buttons below are available:
- “To cut”. To save the segment.
- “Delete Medium.” to remove a line.
After processing, click the “Save” button and come up with a name for the file.
The application can be installed from Google Play via the link.
1. Click on the “three dots” icon under the song and select “Edit”.
2. Select the desired segment with the left and right arrows.
At the bottom in the “Start” and “End” items, you can specify the beginning and end of the recording.
Using the control buttons, you can save or delete a segment:
- The “Trim” button will save the selected part.
- The “Remove Middle” button will delete the selected fragment.
3. After the operations are done, click on the “Save” icon.
Create a name and click the “Save” button.
The application is suitable for older phone models. It isn’t on Google Play, but you can install it manually at: github.com/google/ringdroid/wiki/APKs.
After starting, select the file.
Mark the line with two sliders on the sides. After highlighting, click on the “Save” icon.
In the points “Start and End” you can specify the time.
Create a name for the file and click “Save.”
Date of publication: 01/29/2020
Author: Ilya Kurbanov
Many of us love to sing. We sing the words from our favorite songs in karaoke, while walking or working, listening to our favorite songs or singing in unison to the performers at concerts. And often, listening to your favorite melody with vocals, we catch ourselves thinking that we would like to perform our favorite verses to your favorite music. But how to do it? In this we will be helped by special network resources that can help in creating a backing track (removing vocals from a song you like) in just a few seconds. In this article I will tell you how to make a minus online in excellent quality, what services will help us in this, and how to work with them.
Create minus songs yourself
- What you need to know before creating cons of songs
- The best services for creating quality backing tracks
- X-MINUS.ME creates a backing track in any key
- Ru.Minus will remove vocals from a song
- Vocalremover crushes voice
- Vocal remover pro
- Services with ready minus ringtones available online
What you need to know before creating cons of songs
Before you start explaining about removing vocals from a song online, it should be noted that getting a high quality backing track using online services will be quite difficult. It is important to understand that:
- Not every available composition is suitable for backing track, much depends on the quality of the recording and its specificity;
- The higher the bitrate of your track, the better (optimally from 320 kb / s and higher), while information about the file’s bitrate can be provided to you by Mediainfo programs;
- In the process of backing up, percussion instruments lose the most in sounding;
- It is possible that after the processing of the audio file, the vocals will still be heard in the background.
Performing a song for backing track
At the same time, the functionality of online resources in order to pull out minus songs on the Internet online in normal quality, which I will describe below, is quite similar. You download the desired audio file (most popular audio formats are supported), the service processes the composition, and gives you the opportunity to listen to the result. If the result suits you, you download it to your computer and enjoy the sound.
The best services for creating quality backing tracks
Below I will give a list of services for separating melodies and words and explain how to use each of them.
X-MINUS.ME creates a backing track in any key
The first service, the functionality of which allows you to remove the voice from a song online. Is X-MINUS.ME. The resource format allows you to work with audio files of no more than 50 megabytes in size, while the quality of the results varies from song to song.
X-MINUS.ME removes a voice from a pension
- To use the functionality of the service, go to the resource x-minus.Me/vocal-cut;
- Click on the “Select File” button, and indicate to the service the path to the audio file on the hard disk.
- After downloading, your file will be processed, you can listen to the result, and if the latter is acceptable, you can download the file by clicking on “Download”.
Ru.Minus will remove vocals from a song
Another service to make a quality backing track is Ru.Minus.
- The algorithm for working with it is similar to that described above. You click on the “Browse” button, indicate the path to the audio file to the service, and then click on “Download”.
- After downloading the audio file, you must click on the “Make a Tune” button, listen to the result, and then click on “Download the resulting file.”
Service Interface Ru.Minus
Vocalremover crushes voice
The third service that allows you to remove words from a song online and leave only the music is Vocalremover. I note that it does not work on all browsers, on Chrome it worked without problems, and on Firefox for some reason refused to process the downloaded file.
- The principle of working with it is similar to the services described above: click on the inscription “Download the audio file”.
- We indicate the path to the corresponding file on your disk, wait for the end of processing.
- We listen to the result, and then download it to ourselves on your PC.
Removes vocals from a song
Vocal remover pro
An English-language resource that allows you to remove vocals from a song, while the online service has the ability to create a karaoke file from a.
- To work with it, go to it www.Vocalremoverpro.com/online-vocal-remover.html.
- Click on “Browse” (or specify a link to the in the corresponding field), specify the path to the desired audio file on the disk, enter the verification code, and then click on the “Create Karaoke Track” button.
- After processing, you will get the opportunity to listen and download the result (by clicking on Download).
Download a song for karaoke
Services with ready minus ringtones available online
For users who remain unsatisfied with the quality of the received backing tracks, I will list several online resources that contain ready-made backing tracks. Such resources usually contain compositions of a sufficiently high quality, and it is quite possible that the track of interest to you is also located there.
- The already mentioned X-MINUS.ME service has a base of minuses of very high quality. To search for the desired audio file for a song, just go to the main page of the resource, enter the name, artist or words from the desired song in the line, and click on the “Find Minus One” button. Having found the result and clicking on it, you will get the opportunity to download it to your PC;
- Service Minusovki.Info. Another resource containing an impressive database of ready-made backing tracks. To work with it, just log in to it, in the search bar indicate the name of the song or artist, click on the button “Find minus one”. After receiving the results, you can sing karaoke online under it, or download the track to your computer;
- BackingTrack Service. The specifics of the action of this resource is similar to the above, in the database there are more than 250 thousand minuses. Go to the resource, type the name of the song in the search bar, click on “Find” and download the result.
Summarizing the analysis of the removal of the minus from the song, it should also be noted that in addition to the listed online services, there are also a number of programs that can help in creating backing tracks in excellent quality from the compositions we need (Audacity, Adobe Audition, AIM3 player, etc.). Nevertheless, if you need to quickly create a minus, I recommend paying attention to the online resources I have listed, where you can not only pull out a melody of acceptable quality, but also download ready-made cons for your tasks.