How to make a phone do it yourself
In their games, children are very fond of imitating adults and they absolutely need toy appliances, furniture, dishes and other attributes of an “adult” life. One of which is, of course, the phone, because who in our time does not have it? Paper crafts is one of the easiest and most economical ways to please a child. So, in this article we will tell you how to make a paper phone.
Paper phone just
One of the easiest and fastest options is a flat phone. To do it, perform the following sequence of actions:
- Take a sheet of cardboard.
- Cut a 15×8 cm rectangle.
- If desired, paint it in the selected color.
- From the remnants of cardboard we cut out two rectangles of 6×7 cm.
- On the first, we depict application icons using a pen, pencil, felt-tip pens and your own imagination, as on the screen of a real phone.
- On the second we depict the keyboard.
- Glue both small rectangles onto the big one so that the “screen” is on top and the “keyboard” is on the bottom.
- We finish the buttons, speaker, camera and logo.
A bit more complicated than the previous option.
- We take a cardboard. For greater bulk it is better to take corrugated.
- We cut out rectangles measuring 13.8×7.5 cm in the amount of three pieces.
- We round the corners of the rectangles or leave them sharp depending on personal preferences.
- We cut out two of the same rectangles from thick glossy paper, you can color.
- We glue the cardboard rectangles together in a stack, getting a blank for the apparatus body.
- Glue paper rectangles on both sides of the workpiece.
- We glue the ends with paper or electrical tape.
- On the front of the case, draw a screen or print it on a separate sheet of paper, cut and paste.
- Draw the necessary buttons under the screen, depending on which phone was chosen as a model. So, for example, an iPhone has one round button.
- For greater durability, the front of the case should be sealed with transparent tape.
Different paper phones
Children really like to pose as adults, so many of the things that mothers and fathers use daily cause genuine interest and a desire to use the item in their game. Wallets, bags, watches, tablets and, of course, phones are used. So that sons and daughters are not tempted by real telephones, but have their own means of communication, we will share secrets on how to make a telephone out of paper.
To create the proposed and not complicated model of a toy phone, prepare:
- White cardboard;
- Selected palette of paints;
- Stationery scissors;
- The handle is black.
Getting started, given the following sequence:
- We make the basis for the phone. For this, we cut the sheet of cardboard into 2 parts. We paint one half in any color of your choice, let it dry and cut to size 15 by 8 cm. Measure the remaining white part so that 2 rectangular shapes with dimensions of 6 by 7 cm are cut from it.
- Take one of the white segments and draw it with a black pen so that the telephone keypad pattern is completely repeated.
- At the top of the colored piece of cardboard, glue a white piece of paper. The screen. Stand back 1.5-2 cm. And glue the finished keyboard. And between these two components, draw with the same pen the buttons that are responsible for receiving a call and resetting, quick access to the menu. You can add a joystick in the center.
- Draw the main menu on the screen, with the clock and date. And in the upper part of the phone on a colored piece should be the camera and the model name. Also do not forget about the speaker.
After all the actions, you can safely give the phone to your child and come up with an exciting game with him.
For the slider, prepare 3 sheets of office paper.
Follow all the steps in order of priority:
- Turn the sheet toward you with the narrow side, fold in length. Then return to the starting position and bend the corners from 2 sides to the middle. The arrow should turn out (photos 2 and 3).
- Turn the other corners from the side to the middle (photo 4 and 5).
- Flip to the back and wrap the corners again, as in photo 6 and 7.
- Add the resulting shape first on one side and then on the other. Corners should look at each other (follow photos 8, 9 and 10).
- After previous manipulations, you should get a blank resembling a book.
- Gently push the upper corners of one of the sides into the bottom compartment opposite the corners. You will get a small volumetric rectangle (photo 12).
- Getting started with the second sheet of paper. Repeat the first paragraphs in accordance with photos 2,3,4 and 5. Next, you do not need to turn over the sheet, but just need to wrap the corners on the outside (photos 13 and 14).
- Fold the figure like the first, and for now put it next to it (photo 15 and 16).
- To connect both parts so that one of them leaves the other, we take up the first figure again. Find the line that is across, and slightly bake it with a clerical knife or sharp scissors (photo 17).
- Take the last sheet, lean against the first figure and mark how wide the wrapped part is. Fold this leaf so that this piece fits in the middle of the figure and can slip into an incision (photo 18-20).
Advice! The folded piece of paper should be of such a size and thickness that it clearly matches the internal size and does not move inside.
- Put the rolled-up piece of paper into an incision and distribute it well inside the first part of the future phone (photos 21 and 22).
- As shown in photos 23, 24 and 25, cover the first with the second figure, and fill the ends one with the other. Use adhesive tape to fix it after you cover the extreme parts of the workpiece (photo 26).
- You should get a multilayer rectangle as in photo 27. Try to protrude and stick the upper part. It should slide freely (photos 28 and 29).
- Next, proceed to coloring the phone. You can draw buttons, a camera, a company name and other little things with a pen, felt-tip pens, or you can cut them out of colored paper and stick them on.
Advice! Let your child do the paper phone decoration on their own. It’s good to work with your hands with small details, and at this time creative abilities develop. Plus, training and testing of visual memory will take place.
In order to make the presented smartphone model, remotely similar to the good old 5th iPhone, prepare an A4 sheet of paper or an ordinary landscape one, and a palette of felt-tip pens.
Step-by-step instructions for creating a toy phone are presented below:
- 1. Put a sheet in front of you and on the right side, backing 1-2 cm, wrap the strip.
- Repeat the same action with the left side.
- From above, make the same bend, only you need to measure a little more. About 3-4 cm.
- 4. The lower side also requires a twist about the same as the upper one.
- Go back to the top of the sheet and wrap it now 1-2 cm. (Half of how much they turned up). Rear view: Front view:
- Now proceed to the bottom. Make a twist, as above. Try to make the future phone have the shape of a rectangle:
- Lay the blank with the short side facing you and wrap one of the top corners of the rectangle.
- Turn all other corners in the same way. Try to press them well or fix them a little with glue so that they do not stick out.
- With a black felt-tip pen, draw the speaker and camera at the top, and the main button at the bottom.
- With different colors of felt-tip pens, draw on-screen icons to choose from.
So, using the origami technique, you can please your child with one of the fashionable phone models.
To do the work you will need:
- Cardboard box (or cardboard pieces);
- Light-colored paper for the disc;
- Tape for wire;
- Wiring (preferably not rigid);
- Elongated screw;
- A cork from a bottle or a cream lid, as well as a cheese lid;
- PVA glue.
Looking at the chart drawn with measurements, make the same and cut.
Next we need a cheese cap. It must be smeared with glue and carefully put the paper of the selected color.
Advice! Glue the top surface immediately. And cut the sides into several parts and glue one by one, laying evenly.
Now start cutting circles for the dial. Make them not big and the same. In the center, make a slot to secure the cork with a screw. So the disk will be attached to the main part.
Advice! To make the disk look as real as possible, glue some pebbles on the back.
Pull the cover onto the top of the screw, insert the screw into the disk. Then cut a small circle out of cardboard and also pass a screw through it. And then insert this whole structure into the case.
In the middle of the holes, carefully enter the numbers from 0 to 9. Try to ensure that all numbers are clearly visible.
Take a soft wire and twist something similar to the levers for the tube. Then insert at the top of the main body.
Lean the sides of the case against a piece of cardboard, outline the edges with a pencil, cut and prepare to stick on 2 sides.
In one of the side parts, insert the tape, after cutting a small hole.
With a pencil on a sheet of cardboard, draw the contours of the tube, which will consist of two large parts and 4 small parts, glue them, do not forget to first insert the second end of the tape.
Put the handset on the levers and the phone is ready for use by daughters and sons.
How to make a paper phone
Paper can be used not only for writing and drawing, it can serve as a material for thousands of completely different crafts. One of the most interesting ideas is a telephone, which can easily be made of paper, which, at first glance, is absolutely not suitable for this.
Of course, it is impossible to call him, except for imaginary friends, but this is a good toy for modern children or just a way to play your loved ones. There are many interesting and simple ways to make a phone out of paper, among which everyone will be able to find the right one for the purposes that he pursues. See also: How to make paper claws
Making iPhone 6 from paper
It’s no secret how expensive a real smartphone of this model is. And this makes it even more interesting how to make an iPhone 6 from paper, which everyone can afford. If you follow the instructions and do everything carefully, you can perfectly play the arc or soul mate, giving such a dummy. Can you imagine how much fun it will be to observe a reaction when perplexity and disappointment follow enthusiasm? So we need:
- Corrugated cardboard;
- Printed phone model template;
Prepare everything you need and start work that will take you just a few minutes:
- Carefully cut out the details of the template and two panels of corrugated cardboard;
- Glue the cardboard and glue the printed parts on top;
- For strength and durability, you can cover the model with colorless varnish, for example for nails.
Making an origami phone
Origami originated thousands of years ago, but does not stop developing for even a second. And this ancient art in the twenty-first century tells us how to make a telephone out of paper without glue and scissors. In order to prevent mistakes, each step will be illustrated:
Take a square piece of paper. Fold horizontally and vertically and turn back. On one side, connect the edge to the fold line in the middle. On the other hand, bend the corners to the middle, forming a triangle.
Place the sheet with the triangle up. Fold the bottom rectangle in half and expand. Fold the triangle to the first line with the edge.
Find the middle of the triangle and bend it to the lower corners. The resulting tip is bent to the side. Bend the corner down and iron.
Take a folded corner and another layer of paper and turn it out to get a kind of pocket. Turn the sheet over on the other side and bend the edges on three sides by a centimeter. Turn over again and bend the long side without a pocket again. On the opposite side, make two folds in different directions to form an accordion.
Fold the blank in half. Stepping back one centimeter from the fold, bend one side. After another centimeter, lower it again. Do the same on the other side. Turn out a sticking triangle. After bending all the corners inward. Our phone. The clamshell is ready!
There are more ways than you could think of ways to make a phone out of paper, and everyone is worthy of attention. Crafts from paper allow you to express yourself creatively, develop fine motor skills, and this is useful not only for children but also for adults.