The screen shot has long been an integral feature built into absolutely all versions of Android. Phones with Xiaomi tablets with their unique MIUI system are no exception, because the principle is almost the same everywhere. But, despite its simplicity, many users are interested in how to take a screenshot on Xiaomi efficiently and quickly.
What are screenshots?
A screenshot is a screenshot of the visible part of the screen. For example, you read useful information on our website and want to save it as a picture so that you have quick access.
Errors occurred on the device, some program does not work, and specialist help is needed? Taking a picture of the highlighted problem is a matter of several minutes, but the wizard will have the necessary information about the cause of the problems and will provide the necessary assistance.
A good example is Instagram. This social network holds millions of photos, but has a clear drawback. the inability to save photos on the phone in the traditional way. The solution exists, and again this is a screenshot.
5 ways to take a screenshot on a Xiaomi phone
Next, we will look at the 5 most effective solutions for creating screenshots using MIUI and Android One.
Method 1: power button volume down
A simple and unpretentious option is just to use a few buttons: simultaneously hold down the power and volume down keys. Within a few seconds, a screenshot will be taken with the sound of a distinctive pop. But there are downsides:
- Sometimes it’s problematic to simultaneously press two buttons, as a result of which the device may either turn off or the volume will simply decrease.
- Especially 1 way will be undesirable for owners of large smartphones, tablets, because you will need to use two hands and at the same time try not to drop the device.
Method 2: three-finger snapshot (buttons and gestures)
To do this, you need to make small changes in the “Settings”.
- Almost at the very end of the list we find “Advanced settings“-“Buttons and gestures“.
- Now you need to click on the line “Screenshot“.
- We see the options: “Gesture with three fingers down“,” Long press the Home button “,” Power Home “,” Power menu “and others.
- Choose the one you need. If your Xiaomi model is released after 2018, then it is most likely supports full-screen gestures, if this option is enabled, all options except the first will be unavailable.
Method 3: power menu button
This method works on older smartphones that have a touchpad with buttons. If your phone is a new model, these buttons will be on-screen.
- We turn on this method by switching the buttons in the second method.
- Select the desired item.
- We click on the touch button of the menu located at the bottom left and hold the sound of volume reduction. Done!
- Default screenshots saved to the screen captures folder, which can be found in the “Gallery”.
Method 4: notification curtain
Also a traditional option, it works without the help of extraneous actions in MIUI. By smooth movement from top to bottom, open the notification curtain and find the “Screenshot” icon. We click on this icon and after that the menu will automatically close and a screenshot will be taken.
Method 5: Touch Assistant
Here you will need a special mini-application. If the Quick Ball Touch Assistant is installed, use it.
- Go to “Settings”. “Advanced Settings”.
- We are looking for the item “Touch assistant“-“Enable“.
- Now, by default, a transparent semicircle will be available on the right or left side of the screen, by clicking on which we get additional functions.
Long scroll screenshot
On Xiaomi with the MIUI proprietary shell, a long screenshot is available. This is a photo of the entire page of the site in a browser or settings menu.
- First you need to make a standard, that is, limited in size. Best to use 1 way.
- How the picture was taken. click on the thumbnail that appears at the very top of the screen.
- Next, a window opens with the options: “Advanced”, “Send”, “Change”, “Delete” (the order may change).
- Click on “Advanced”, and the image gradually begins to fall down. An area appears that was not originally captured in a normal shot. You can scroll yourself faster, or turn on automatic scrolling. Upon completion of the process at the very bottom, click on “Finished”.
You can see an example of a long screenshot on our, as well as how it is made and saved.