How To Log In To Bios On Asus Laptop
Every year, ASUS products are in increasing demand among consumers. In addition to high-quality assembly, the full-fledged operation of a computer system is ensured by its competent configuration of all parameters, the initial stage of which is the correct entry into the BIOS on an Asus laptop.
What is BIOS
BIOS abbreviation is deciphered as a basic input and output system. It is an integral part of computer system software. Therefore, answering the question of how to enter BIOS on an ASUS laptop, you need to clearly understand what you have to deal with.
BIOS is located on the motherboard chip and has its own energy source. a battery. This system acts as a data warehouse and a guarantee that the necessary information will not be lost in the event of a device malfunction. All the Asus system settings are saved on it. It is a storage device on an ongoing basis.
The main function of the BIOS is the timely detection and recognition of all the components of the system:
- random access memory;
- devices inside the laptop;
- and external connected accessories (flash drive, disk).
BIOS checks all communication between them and only then proceeds to start the operating system, transferring control to the bootloader. In other words, it acts as a key link between devices and the operating system.
How to enter BIOS on an ASUS laptop
There are many ways to enter BIOS using various key combinations. But here it is necessary to take into account the fact that, depending on the model, the modification of the laptop motherboard, the whole sequence of actions can differ significantly. In most cases, the Del, F2, Ctrl, Esc keys participate in parameter loading.
Let’s look at several ways through which you can enter BIOS on an ASUS laptop as soon as possible:
- Turn on the laptop. Since loading parameters is quite fast, it takes time to enter the BIOS in the first 3-5 seconds before the OS starts. When you see the company logo, you must press Esc. Further, the system offers to continue “Enter SETUP” and select the appropriate start button. In most models, a F2 key is the trigger. As a rule, the system itself indicates which key should be selected.
- If the laptop doesn’t react at all, then you need to try to enter the BIOS using the key selection method. This can be a combination of Ctrl F2 or Del. Separate modified models can respond to pressing F6, F12, F8. It is worth noting that you need to try a new key combination during each subsequent boot of the system.
- In case of failure to load the parameters, the laptop should be given time to rest and cool down a bit. And again, try to perform the download by pressing the power key, and further setting up the BIOS.
Entering BIOS with Windows OS
In different versions, the way how to get into the BIOS on an ASUS laptop is different, so we will consider each one individually.
Separately, it is worth noting the ability to enter the BIOS with the laptop turned on.
If Asus is equipped with Windows 7 or XP, then entering the BIOS type and entering the main menu will help you enter the command “msinfo32“. You can set it in several ways:
- Enter “msinfo32»In the search bar Start and then press Enter.
- Set a combination to run Task manager Ctrl Shift Esc or Ctrl Alt Delete, go to the “File“And select”New task (Run.)“. In the window that opens, type “msinfo32»And confirm with OK.
- Press the key combination R. Enter “msinfo32»And select the OK button.
As a result of the correct input of keys by any of the methods, a window will open with all the data about the OS and the version of the BIOS used on the laptop. Next, you just need to find the right keys for the installed type of BIOS. A good hint would be the selection of buttons for logging in below.
Pressing one of these key combinations at the same time while loading Windows 7 or XP will open the BIOS main menu.
First of all, you need to make a competent connection to an external device, because to enter the BIOS menu on an ASUS laptop with Windows 8 installed, it will correctly use the UEFI settings.
To start the BIOS, you will have to perform the following sequence of actions:
- On the Control panels desktop select optionParameters“(Settings)
- At the bottom of the window that opens, click “Change computer settings“(Change pc settings)
- In the menu that appears, select “General“(General), then click “Special boot options“(Advanced startup), and then Restart now.
- At the end of the reboot, you need to choose the section “Diagnostics“(Troubleshout)
- In the window that opens, find “Extra options“(Advanced options)
- Next, select “UEFI Firmware Options“(UEFI Firmvare Settings)
- Finally, in the last window, click on the Restart button.
And if all the steps of the step-by-step instructions are followed, the BIOS will start immediately after rebooting the system.
In the updated version of Windows 10, it is also possible to enter the BIOS settings by issuing such a command to the laptop before it reboots. It is necessary, holding the Shift button, to select the “Reboot“. Or, at the stage of loading the system, press F2, after which the OS will go to the BIOS menu.
Having figured out how to enter the BIOS software in an ASUS laptop, a blue partition window opens. Among which:
- Power responsible for the consumption of electricity and the presence of constant voltage in the included elements of the system.
- Main contains information about the type, amount of installed memory, date and time.
- Boot determines the load order of system parameters.
- Advanced includes advanced type settings. Inexperienced users should not experiment with this section.
- Exit offers to leave the system.
Confirmation of the choice of any of the sections is pressing Enter. The arrow keys on the keyboard are responsible for moving between sections. To make changes to the selected type of menu section, use the PgUp or PgDn keys.
If you recently got a laptop from ASUS, then basic knowledge of the English language and instructions for the computer device that comes with it will help you answer many of your questions and help you get into the system settings. A competent work with the BIOS software will help to make the necessary changes to the system in a timely manner and eliminate possible problems.