When working with the iOS operating system, novice users often have a lot of questions and bewilderment about how rich the functionality is in Apple devices. over, even downloading applications from the Apple Store service can cause difficulties if a person had never installed them before and did not have such a device at their disposal. But it has its own nuances, ways to install applications and other important points. And if you are reading this material now, it means that you are faced with the same problem, so we will help you and tell you about all the ways to download applications to iPhones.
Methods for downloading applications on iPhone
In this case, the application will be downloaded using your smartphone. All you need is an Internet connection and an authorized Apple ID account. If you do not know how to get it, read our separate article. Next, do the following:
Attention! The Apple Store service has both paid and completely free products. Whenever you download any games or programs from this service, pay attention to possible paid options inside the application. This will be written in the product description. If the default application is paid, then you won’t be able to download it until you pay. Payment will be debited to your account from an attached bank card or personal Apple ID account.
Download via iTunes
ITunes is Apple’s universal software that allows you to manage your devices, from transferring music to shopping, remotely managing your phone, backups, and data recovery. Using iTunes, you can also download applications to your phone. Why, you ask? This is convenient, for example, when you do not have access to the Internet from your device, but you can access the network through a computer.
Attention! If you use the iTunes version above 12.7, then downloading applications through this program will not work, since this functionality was “cut” by Apple developers in subsequent updates due to low user interest. But you can download version 22.214.171.124, which is available on file hosting services, including ours and install it on your computer. Only before doing this, do not forget to uninstall the previous version, and also restart your PC.
The installation process will be as follows:
- Download the file with the version of iTunes6.3.6 that we published above and open it. Select the bit depth of your Windows operating system (32 bit or 64) and run the corresponding file;
- As soon as the installation wizard appears, click the “Next” tab;
- Select a local drive to install the product on your computer. Leave all the checkboxes except the “Automatically update” item. Such an action is required in order to save the future version of the program and allow you to continue to download applications via iTunes, and then copy them to iPhone;
- Once the installation process is completed, click “Finish” and run the program.
If you encounter a problem with error 0xc0000142, just select a different time zone in your computer’s settings. It is possible the same, but necessary for another city.
Downloading applications using iTunes will now proceed according to the following algorithm:
- Launch the program and in the main window click on the “Music” tab, then click on the “Edit menu” item. This procedure is necessary to add a new item. “Programs”;
- Accordingly, select it and tick off, after which it will appear in this menu. Remember to click the Finish tab;
- Now press “Music” again and go to the “Programs” section to start downloading applications for your iPhone;
- A new list will appear in front of you, where you need to click on the “Programs for iPhone” tab. This is very important, because they may differ from the iPad. Next, in the middle of the window, click on “Programs in the App Store”;
- You will be redirected to the official page of the Apple Store service, which posted hundreds of thousands of applications and games from different developers. Choose the necessary product from the list and click on it to go to the description page;
- Next, click on the “Download” tab. After that, the system will prompt you to log in using your Apple ID in the appropriate window. Enter this data by entering the username and password;
- As soon as the data is verified on the server, the file downloading process will automatically start. This will be indicated by the corresponding notification in the upper right part of the application;
- When you download all the necessary utilities to your computer, you can transfer them to your iPhone. To do this, connect it via a USB cable to your PC, and when a notification of trust to this computer appears, click Continue;
- On your smartphone, you also respond to the “Continue” notification, otherwise the synchronization between the devices will not be carried out;
- The phone icon will appear in the main iTunes window. Click on it and in the menu that appears, click on the “Programs” tab;
- Application files are downloaded to your computer, but they must be transferred to your iPhone. To do this, in the “Programs” window, click “Install” next to each product to start the installation;
- Next, you will need to click the “Apply” button to start the synchronization process between devices, and the programs were transferred to your iPhone;
- You will receive an additional notification in iTunes that authorization is required for the programs. Just click “Authorize” and specify in the next window the password from your Apple ID, which is used on the phone;
- Now wait until all the programs have been transferred to your device. As soon as they are copied, next to each product in the list of “Programs” there will be a tab “Delete”. Also, application icons will appear on your smartphone.
This completes the process of installing applications from the Apple Store using the old version of iTunes. Do not update it if you intend to install the program this way another time, otherwise you will not be able to roll back to the old version in the future and you will have to install iTunes again via our link.
Download applications via QR code
Most applications can now be downloaded via a QR code. This is such an encrypted graphic key that allows you to instantly perform various actions by simply pointing the phone’s camera to this symbol. For example, you can also download the application for the Moscow metro by simply pointing the camera at the corresponding QR code in the transition.
All you need is support for automatic QR scanning through the smartphone’s camera (starting with iOS 11). If you have an earlier version of the operating system installed, you will need to download the appropriate QR reading application. Further the procedure is as follows:
- Launch the “Camera” application or any other product for reading QR and point at it;
- The system automatically translates it into an understandable form and performs the corresponding action. In our case, this is a transition to the Apple Store immediately in the description of the necessary program;
- Then you just have to click the “Download” tab and wait for the application to download to your device. In general, the method is similar to option No. 1, where we visited the App Store service from a mobile phone, only this method is several times faster.
Download an already purchased or previously installed application
Even if you previously downloaded a specific program on your iPhone, but subsequently deleted it, you can restore it in a few clicks. And this applies to both paid and free products. A complete history of all previously downloaded applications and games is attached to your Apple ID account, so you can download them at any time without even knowing the name.
- Launch the App Store app on your smartphone and click on the account in the upper right corner of the screen;
- Next on the menu, select “Shopping.” Here will be all the applications installed on your iPhone. But to view the products that you previously installed and uninstalled, click the “Not on this iPhone” tab;
- There will already be a different list. over, it contains both purchased products and simply downloaded ones. To re-download any application, next to it, click on the appropriate icon to download;
- Once the download process is complete, the application can be launched. And if you re-go to the “Shopping” section, then this program will already be in the “Everything” section, although it was previously in “Not on this iPhone.”
Installing on iPhones with Jailbreak
You can also download programs and games to your iPhone through third-party utilities, provided that you have Jailbreak, the device’s firmware, which gives you full root rights to manage the device. It is generally not recommended to do this, since then iOS becomes vulnerable, however, some users want to expand the functionality with the help of firmware, which is why they do Jailbreak on their device.
Download via iFunBox
You can download applications to your iPhone not only through official programs from Apple, but also through special file managers, for example, iFunBox or iTools. We will look at the example of the popular utility. iFunBox. This program is free and available from the official site for Windows and Mac.
Attention! When working with iFunBox and iTools, a previously downloaded ipa file is required, which was previously downloaded from the App Store service.
- Download iFunBox to your computer and install. Run the program;
- Connect your iPhone to your PC using a USB cable and wait until the iFunBox detects a new device;
- In the main window of the program, click on the tab “Programs” and then click on “Install application”;
- From the list, select the ipa programs or games that you need to install on this phone;
- As soon as the installation is completed, the application is installed on your smartphone and you can use it. But note that a successful installation is only possible with a Jailbreak. If it is absent, then you will not succeed.
The iTools program is about the same process. You will also need the source file of the application in ipa format to download it to your smartphone. The only advice is to try to have both programs at your disposal, as sometimes there may be failures when the installation is correct in one utility and not in the other. The same iFunBox developers do not recommend installing applications that exceed 1 GB of memory through their product.
As you can see, the process of downloading and installing the application on the iPhone is not so complicated. It is difficult for beginners to understand all the intricacies of the iOS operating system from the very beginning, however, after several days of interacting with the iPhone, they can perform most of the operations and already own a device at the level of a confident user.