How to Insert SIM Into iPhone 11
How to insert Micro-SIM into Apple iPad
Novice users of a tablet from Apple with a 3G (4G) communication module sometimes do not know how to insert a SIM card into an iPad. If the user is completely “teapot” or is just going to buy an Apple iPad, then he is unlikely to understand the models. does not know which tablets support work with SIM-cards of cellular operators, and which do not.
In order to understand all these intricacies of working with a tablet, we will consider not only how to insert a SIM card into iPad, iPad 2 and iPad 3rd generation, but also analyze the features of the lineup and SIM cards.
The first thing a user or potential buyer of an Apple iPad should know is that all iPads are equipped with a Wi-Fi communication module, i.e. support work with wireless networks and use these Wi-Fi networks to connect to the Internet.
But there are iPads that, in addition to work in Wi-Fi networks, support work with networks of a cellular operator, such tablets are equipped with a 3G (4G) module, a distinctive feature of such models is a black plastic insert at the top of the back of the iPad, which covers antenna.
Therefore, if your tablet has a black plastic panel on the “back”, then you will be able to insert a SIM card into the iPad, if there is no piece of the black cover, then you can not read further, except for informational purposes, for the future.
What SIM card to insert into iPad
With 3G (4G).models that support access to the network using a cellular operator, they seem to be sorted out. Now let’s deal with the numbers, more precisely, with the SIM-cards for the tablet. All 3 generations of tablets (“iPad”, “iPad 2” and “New iPad”), which are available on the Apple market today, work only with Micro-SIM cards. Where can I get such a card?
- You can contact your cellular operator with a request to provide a Micro-SIM for 128 KB, it is these cards that are considered hassle-free when working with new mobile Apple gadgets.
- If the operator does not have such cards, then Micro-SIM can be made from a regular SIM-card, using scissors and a ruler, for more information about trimming, read the instructions. How to make Micro-SIM.
If you have already obtained Micro-SIM or made it yourself, then to start the procedure for inserting a SIM card into the iPad, you will need the tool that comes with the tablet. If you do not have a tool, you can use a regular paper clip to remove the tray. In general, the situation is the same as when installing a SIM card in an iPhone.
Where to insert the SIM card into the iPad
Installing Micro-SIM in iPad 1-gen
In the first Apple iPad models, the SIM card tray is located at the bottom left of the tablet, use a paper clip to remove it as shown in the figure.
How to insert Micro-SIM into iPad 2, 3
Insert SIM card into Apple iPad 2 and New iPad
In Apple iPad 2 and “New iPad” the SIM card tray is also on the left side, but it was moved higher, but the principle of extraction and insertion remained the same.
Features of the used SIM-card format
Starting with model “5”, iPhones are inserted into a Nano-SIM card. the smallest available from telecom operators. The basic size SIM is compatible with the first two generations of Apple smartphones. the iPhone 3G and 4s were equipped with Micro-SIM slots.
Nano-SIM format specification:
- length: 12.3 mm;
- width: 8.8 mm;
- thickness 0.67 mm.
It is possible to adapt the standard subscriber module to the Micro-SIM format by cutting off a part of the plastic case. An ordinary SIM card cannot be inserted into new iPhones, even if the plastic part is cut out as much as possible. in the Nano-SIM the chip itself is smaller. Therefore, in some cases, subscribers are forced to change SIM cards in order to start using Apple products. In communication salons it is changed on the day of treatment; subscriber number remains the same.
Possible problems with reading the SIM card and ways to solve them
When the SIM card is detected and read without errors, the device displays the name of the cellular network, signal strength, and the available type of wireless Internet connection. If, instead of this, “SIM card not inserted” or “No network” is displayed, the subscriber module is inserted incorrectly or there is a technical malfunction.
The general algorithm is shown on the example of Apple iPhone 5S, but it is also relevant for newer models):
- We take out the device from the case.
- We take out the SIM card slot key from the envelope. it has a large oval eyelet and is similar to a paper clip.
- We find the SIM slot on the right side panel of the iPhone or the upper edge (the outline and the lock cylinder are clearly visible).
- We insert the key into the hole, press slightly. access is open. On most devices, the SIM card mount pops out of the slot on its own. On used phones, the slide can be difficult to move due to wear or dirt.
- We take out the slot, put it on a flat surface. The SIM card is simply inserted from above into the slot. Note that it is placed on top, not below. Make sure the position of the SIM card matches the opening of the tray.
- you need to put the card into your smartphone. It is more convenient to do it this way: turn the phone with the right side towards you and hold it with one hand in this position. With the other hand, insert the mount with the SIM in the working position, at the same time holding the card with your index finger.
- We insert the slide into the hole, push them all the way so that they do not protrude from the body. Installation completed.
All described manipulations are easier to carry out with the gadget turned on. If the device does not have a SIM card, then the diagnostic message “SIM card not inserted” is displayed on the notification screen, and the network indicator will be absent (instead of it. the inscription “No network”).
If all the above manipulations are performed correctly, then in a minute the message will disappear, and the name of the cellular operator and the signal strength indicator will appear on the display.
It is possible that the SIM is not detected by the device even with the correct position of the subscriber module. This card is defective and will not work on smartphones from other manufacturers. The defect occurs after the owner of the gadget tries to cut the card to fit the “nano” format in an artisanal way. Physical wear of the card is also possible. kinks, kinks, etc.
Where and how is inserted
Most smartphones are designed to fit a SIM card into a slot under the battery. The smartphone device does not involve the owner dismantling the battery. The subscriber module is installed in a special hatch in the device body. over, the card is not pressed against the reading board, but first is placed in a retractable slide.
On the first Apple devices, the connector for installing the subscriber module is located at the top of the smartphone, above the head speaker. From model “5” the SIM card slot “moved” to the right side panel, where it remains to this day.
Access to the tray is limited by designers: in order to remove the slide from the SIM, you need to open it using the proprietary key included in the delivery package (by default, it is in an oblong white envelope).
How to insert a SIM card into an iPhone
The design features of Apple gadgets distinguish these devices from devices of other brands. The structure of iPhones is focused on the minimum interference of the owner in the design of the phone and user safety, which is not typical for economy class smartphones. Therefore, at the first acquaintance with the iPhone, the newly minted “Yabloko” often do not know how to insert a SIM card and start working with the device. Further instructions are relevant for the line of smartphones iPhone 5. iPhone X.
In this case, the position of the tray with the SIM card is incorrect: there is a bias or the SIM is fixed in the wrong position. There are precedents when the SIM card is not properly fixed in the holder (installed with the chip upwards or the current position does not coincide with the technological opening of the tray). To troubleshoot, correct the position of the “SIM”.
What to do if a paper clip was not included to open the tray
A common problem for Yabloko. Typically, the factory key is lost during operation. Most relevant for those who purchase a used incomplete iPhone: no key.
In this case, you need to use a handicraft analogue of a standard tool. This can be:
- thin needle;
- paper clip.
Before use, a paper clip must be unbent and when installing the module, work with a sharp end. In this case, the paper clip should enter the diameter of the tray larva. The same is with the needle. At the same time, an artisanal tool should not be brittle, because a metal fragment stuck in the hole of the tray can entail expensive appeal to a specialized service.
Preparing for the first launch
Preparing for the initial launch of the iPhone consists in unpacking and visual inspection of the gadget. After unpacking the box, make sure that it contains all the kit components declared by the manufacturer, namely:
- a smartphone packed in a plastic protective form;
- sync cable and power adapter;
- thick white paper envelope with a needle for opening the SIM card slot;
- Apple Airpods headphones;
- decorative elements;
- headphone adapter.
Before starting, pay attention to the controls of the gadget. On models “5” and “SE” the button responsible for locking the phone screen and turning it on / off is located on the top edge of the device. On “six” and newer models, the lock button is located on the right side of the smartphone.
On the left side panel there are volume controls and a quick switch to silent mode.
The Home button is the main one when working with the device; located at the bottom of the front of the gadget; allows you to switch between tasks, go to the main menu, call the voice assistant Siri.
The models of the families “5”, “6”, “SE” are equipped with a standard headphone input of the “3.5” type. Starting with the “seven” there is no such connector. the headphones are adapted for the battery socket, that is, you can insert old Airpods or third-party headphones only with the original adapter from the kit.
Now that the educational program on the controls has been carried out, you can proceed to the tips for installing a SIM card.
How to insert a SIM card into an iPhone?
The globally popular iPhone 5s smartphones and other variations are incredibly easy to use. Every original iPhone is of high quality, features and functionality. Despite this, the happy owners of iPhones, who took it in their hands for the first time and are preparing to use it, are confused by the first question, namely, “How can I correctly insert a SIM card into my new iPhone?” In fact, this operation does not provide anything complicated, you just need to sequentially perform some actions. Which ones? We will talk about this further.
Preparing to use your smartphone for the first time
To insert a SIM card into a new iPhone 5s or some other model, the subscriber must first prepare the phone for the first use:
- First of all, you need to make sure one hundred percent that the iPhone is not locked due to the change of mobile operator. A huge number of iPhones are locked to a specific mobile operator. If you want to switch to a different carrier, you will need to unlock the SIM slot in your own iPhone.
- There are a significant proportion of iPhones that have absolutely no lock.
- If the iPhone is still locked to a specific network, it needs to be unlocked.
We select a SIM card and insert it into the phone
In order to successfully insert your SIM card into a new iPhone 5s or its other configuration, the subscriber must clearly and consistently follow the following steps:
- Before opening the SIM slot, the subscriber needs to turn off the phone. To do this, you need to press and hold the shutdown key of the smartphone until the “Turn off” button is displayed on the screen. Swipe the button and the iPhone 5s (and any other model) turns off.
- Recently, SIM cards have acquired a slightly different look, or rather, they have become much smaller. The main problem is that earlier versions of the iPhone do not accept new SIM cards, and vice versa, that is, the SIM that the iPhone 5s accepts, other versions of this gadget may not accept.
- Absolutely all iPhone models, with the exception of 4 CDMA, boast a SIM slot. The predominant part of iPhones has a structure such that the slot with the card tray is on the right side, somewhere in the middle. For iPhone 3G, 3GS, as well as first-generation iPhones, this connector is located among the boundaries of the upper area of the smartphone.
- A large number of these gadgets have a special tool for extracting a SIM card. This is a small paper clip with a thin ending. In the absence of such a tool, you can use an ordinary clerical paper, straightening one of its ends in advance.
- After that, you need to insert the thin end into the hole of the slot and press a little, as a result of which the tray with the SIM card will “fly out” out. Then the subscriber needs to very carefully pull out the tray with the card from the mobile device.
- The tray has a special recess for the card, where you need to insert it. To place the SIM card correctly, pay attention to how the previous SIM card was installed there. The gold contacts must point straight down.
- The tray only fits one way, so you don’t have to worry about doing something wrong. You need to push the tray all the way in order to fix it in the iPhone. After that, you should check the side area of the smartphone to once again make sure that the tray is correctly positioned.
- After the steps taken, the iPhone 5s, as well as its other versions, will connect to the network automatically. Sometimes subscribers are asked to activate it on their own, but this is not difficult, so do not be alarmed when you see such an offer on your iPhone.
If you follow the described steps very carefully, clearly and consistently, the described operation will end in success, and you will immediately be able to use your brand new smartphone.
How to find and open a SIM card slot in iPhone
Finding and removing the SIM tray is often difficult. We are used to the fact that in old mobile phones, the SIM card is inserted into the slot located directly under the battery. However, modern phones have a different design. The tray for the SIM card is almost invisible in them. And to open it, you don’t have to remove the back cover and take out the battery.
In the latest generation iPhones, the SIM card slot is located on the right side surface of the case (approximately in the middle). On older models, it may appear on the top edge of the case, next to the “Enable” button. Looking closely, you will see a tray cover with a small hole.
The hole is like a keyhole: the tray can only be removed when in use. Usually, when you buy an iPhone in a box, you also find a thin metal wire key. If you insert it into the hole of the plug, it will slide out, after which you can easily pull out the slot itself.
If the key is lost or for some reason your iPhone was not equipped with it, you can take a small paper clip and, by unbending it on one side, use it instead of the key. it will successfully replace it.
How to choose the size of the SIM card
If you have been using the same SIM card for a long time, it probably has standard dimensions of 25 x 15 x 0.76 mm. However, modern phone models, including iPhones, have switched to smaller format SIM cards:
- micro. 15 x 12 x 0.76 mm;
- nano. 12.30 x 8.80 x 0.67mm.
Older iPhone 3G and 3Gs use a standard format SIM card. However, models 4 and 4S require a micro-SIM, and the iPhone 5 and beyond are already designed for a nano-SIM, practically consisting of only one chip. You can set the size of the SIM card without looking at the model, according to the size of the slot for it.
To get a card of the required format, you should contact the communication salon of your mobile operator: there you will be given a new SIM card with the ability to break off its edges to the desired format (micro- or nano-). Your mobile number will remain the same. This service is usually provided free of charge. The old SIM card is blocked.
Some craftsmen cut their existing SIM-card to the desired size on their own using stencils (they can be found on the Internet). However, this doesn’t always go smoothly: there is a risk of damaging the chip or cutting the edges of the card unevenly. After inept manipulation, the card can get stuck in the tray and prevent it from opening. Therefore, we do not recommend that you conduct such experiments at home.
How to insert a SIM card into an iPhone
The question of how to insert a SIM card into an iPhone may seem irrelevant: if you buy a SIM card, the employees of the communication salon usually offer services to activate it and insert it themselves. But if you nevertheless decide to do it yourself or while using the iPhone, replace one SIM card with another (or insert an additional one), you may encounter problems:
- search and open the tray for the SIM card;
- fitting the SIM card to the required format.
Inserting a SIM card into the tray itself is simple, but for a beginner user, and this can cause certain difficulties.
How to insert a SIM card into an iPhone
Once you understand the location of the slot and the format of the SIM card, you can easily insert or remove it. The algorithm of actions is simple.
- Disconnect iPhone if it was turned on.
- Insert the key into the hole of the SIM card slot.
- Push the key down. This action does not require any force: a little effort is sufficient.
- The slot will pop out slightly. Pick it up with your fingers and gently pull it out of the iPhone.
- Remove the old SIM card from the tray (if it was there).
- Insert the SIM card into the slot. The notches in it will tell you how to do it right. If in doubt, check yourself: the SIM card contacts in relation to the surface of the slot should “look” down.
- Reinsert the tray gently and push it back.
- Turn on your iPhone. If you inserted a new SIM card, now is the time to start activating it and setting up the device.
If the iPhone is working properly, you can easily do these manipulations and insert the SIM card into it yourself. If something does not work out (most often the tray does not slide out), contact the service center. And to begin with, under the pretext of replacing the SIM-card, you can come to the cellular salon. Operators will help you insert a SIM card and report a mechanical failure of the tray, if any.
How to remove a SIM card from an iPhone?
Previously, we looked in detail at how to clear the memory on the iPhone using iTunes and without it, wrote a small instruction, which you can read here. Currently, it is difficult to imagine the operation of a phone without a SIM card. All iPhones and most iPads are designed for communication between users, friends, colleagues and people close to us. Communication is possible both via the Internet and through the network of a mobile operator using a SIM card. How to insert a SIM card into an iPhone 7?
A SIM card is an intermediary that provides the communication service operator with information about your device, its access to voice communication and data transmission. Full operation of the device is impossible without a SIM card. So, in this article we will deal with a seemingly simple question of how to insert a SIM card into the iPhone 6 and most other iPhone models. First, let’s consider what type of SIM is required for the normal operation of the device.
According to official information from the Apple website, the following types of SIM cards are used in the iPhone, which are shown in the image. Therefore, be careful and check the consultant of the communication service operator or insert the SIM directly in the communication salon, in the presence of an experienced assistant.
How to remove a SIM card from an iPhone 5s
All we need is to find out where the SIM card tray is located on the smartphone itself and the tool to extract the SIM card from the gadget.
The main difficulty that may arise on your way to remove the SIM card is the availability of the tool, but this is not a problem. We will manage with improvised means.
To begin with, if you have a paper clip that is included with the device, we recommend using it. Remove the case from your smartphone and locate the SIM card tray. As a rule, its distinctive feature is the presence of a hole in the case on the side of the device. Insert an original Apple paperclip into the hole and push firmly to release the SIM card tray out of the slots.
After pulling out the tray with the SIM card from the device, the inscription SIM card is not active appears on the smartphone. We advise you to turn off your smartphone before inserting or removing a SIM card.
How to remove a SIM card from an iPhone 4
The safest way to remove the SIM card from the iPhone 4 without using the original key is with a paper clip. Surely many have the most common paper clip underneath. Unfold it or straighten the long end as shown in the image and insert it into the SIM tray in iPhone 4.
How to get a SIM card from 5 iPhone if there is no original paper clip?
Probably every house has toothpicks. Many people use toothpicks after eating, but not everyone thought that they can be used as one of the improvised means to remove the SIM card from the iPhone.
Typically, a standard toothpick will not fit into the hole in the iPhone SIM tray. To get the SIM out of the iPhone using a toothpick, you need to sharpen its edges a little (do it already). Try to trim just a little from both edges. If you make it too thin, then the toothpick will break off when you remove the SIM card, be careful.
Where are the SIM slots on other iPhone versions?
Pretty much every iPhone comes with a SIM tray. The only exception was the CDMA variant of the iPhone 4. Therefore, if you have an iPhone 4S or newer, then you will definitely find a SIM card compartment on your smartphone. Let’s describe in words where the slot is located and on which models:
iPhone 3G3GS: on the top, between the headphone jack;
iPhone 4-4S and later: On the right side of the case, which is opposite to where the volume buttons are located.
Whenever you replace the SIM card, make sure you insert it into the tray in the correct orientation, so be extremely careful. Our instructions will also help those users who ask the question of “How to insert a SIM card into iPhone 7”.
Best iPhone screen protector. Full 3D tempered glass on iPhone 7. Manufacturer, Benks company