How To Hide Messages On An Iphone
Coverme Private Calls Secret Text Messaging App
Free CoverMe Private Calls and Text Messaging App is a great option if you need to find a way to hide messages on iPhone.
Coverme is great for those of you who need to block messages or hide messages.
How to hide notification content on iPhone on the lock screen?
Privacy is a very important part of our life. Therefore, each device (including the iPhone) has a very large number of settings that help hide information from prying eyes.
If you are an avid iPhone owner, there have probably been situations when, when you meet someone, you put your phone on the table and a notification or message comes. Well, according to the reaction, your friend can also see what came there.
To avoid this situation, iOS 11 has a very useful setting. So today you will learn how to hide the incoming notification on the lock screen of your beloved iPhone.
As far as I know, on the iPhone X this is automatically implemented and the text is shown only after Face ID recognizes you. But this has been quite a problem on other models until this day. Let’s figure out what and how.
Anytalk. Fast, secure, messaging
Anytalk is a great option for iPhone, Mac and tablets.
This text hides the app syncing across your devices without the need to store it on the server so you are the only one who can access your messages and chats.
How to hide messages on iPhone
I often receive personal notifications on my iPhone and display their text on the locked screen. How to hide the content of notifications without turning them off completely?
Ios settings allow flexible change of lock screen notification options.
To do this, do the following:
1. Go to Settings. Notifications. Thumbnail Display.
2. Choose a suitable display method.
Here you can specify:
- Always. The text of notifications will always be displayed on the screen.
- If unlocked. Will only display the text of the eye iPhone will not be locked.
- Never. Notification text will never appear on the lock screen.
Please note that the Thumbnails display section is available in the notification settings for each specific application (Settings. Notifications). This way you can restrict the display of text messages on the lock screen only for specific programs or games.
In addition, for each application, you can completely disable the display of notifications, while leaving the display of badges with the number of missed messages. To do this, activate the switch Allow notifications and disable the On lock screen and Banner display options.
How to hide messages on iPhone from previously unknown persons?
This method is ideal if you receive spam from unknown numbers. However, this method applies to all numbers that are not included in the contact list. On the one hand, this is a minus, on the other, plus. It all depends on how you use this feature.
1. As always, go to “Settings” → “Notifications” → “Messages”.
2. Scroll down a bit until you see the “Alerts from everyone” and “Alerts from contacts” function, select the second option (The function may be called “Filter by sender”, everything depends on the iOS version. Everything is a little simpler, you just need move the slider to the “ON” position).
3. This will turn off notifications for IM messages from people who are not in the contact list, thereby sorting them into a separate list.
4. Now all messages received from previously unknown numbers will be sorted into a separate list “Unknown senders”.
Displaying recent notifications on the lock screen
You can also open the Action Center from the lock screen.
Open Settings Face ID Passcode (iPhone X and later) or Settings Touch ID Passcode (other models).
Turn on Action Center (under Lock Screen Access).
To hide WhatsApp messages on iPhone, you need to do the same manipulations. The only thing that differs is the names and calls of some commands.
- Open conversations;
- Swipe in the direction you need from right to left;
- In the menu that appears, find the “Archive” command;
- The dialog will disappear from the list of active.
If you are wondering whether it is possible to hide dialogs in the computer version of the messenger in this way, we will answer. Yes.
- Open WhatsApp Web;
- Find a conversation you want to hide from strangers;
- Right-click on it;
- Find the command “Archive” in the Menu;
- To view the archived dialogs, click on the three vertical dots above the general list;
- Select the “Archive” item;
- To unzip the chat, right-click on it again and undo the action.
How to hide SMS on the locked screen?
Want to know how to hide WhatsApp messages on your lock screen so they don’t show up with your notification? Unfortunately, this way a part of the text can become available to an outsider. You have two ways. Turn off the display of the text thumbnail in the WhatsApp settings or completely remove the display of messenger notifications in the smartphone settings.
First, let’s figure out how to hide the preview of the incoming text:
Go to the “Notifications” block;
To be sure to hide the text of messages in WhatsApp, we recommend completely disabling all incoming notifications, including those on the application shortcut. In this case, until you enter the utility, you will not know at all if you have new ones. Accordingly, no one outsider will also be tempted to get into your mobile.
Open your smartphone settings;
Now click on the line “Application notifications”;
With the help of this instruction, you can hide notifications about messages in WhatsApp on Android, but this action is also available on apple gadgets. Command and section names may vary, but the principle is the same. Find out when you can edit a sent message.
Hide selective chats
If you do not want other users to see who you are chatting with most often (by default, these chats are at the top of the list), you can archive them. At the same time, you will continue to communicate with these people, receive notifications, new incoming. However, chats can be removed from the general list.
First, we will tell you how to hide messages in WhatsApp on a smartphone with the Android operating system:
- Open the application and find the desired chat;
- Perform a long tap on it;
- The “Archive” icon (square with a Down arrow) will appear in the pop-up Menu bar;
- Click and the chat will become archived;
- To find it, scroll through the entire dialog feed to the end and click on the line “Archived chats”;
To remove a dialog from the archive, follow the same procedure.
How else to protect your correspondence?
There is another reliable way to hide the reading of your messages in WhatsApp by unauthorized people. Put a password on the application. Over, you don’t even have to install third-party software for this:
- Open WhatsApp;
- Go to settings;
- Select the “Account” item;
- Find the command “Two-step check”;
- Come up with a 6-digit code;
- Enter your email address to restore access (if you suddenly forget your password);
- Click “Enable”.
From now on, every time you log into WhatsApp, you will need to enter the specified code. Do not share it with anyone else and your data will be reliably hidden.
How to hide on iPhone?
When a user hides pictures on an iPhone, they leave all categories (“Years”, “Moments”, “Collections”) and go to a separate folder called “Hidden”. This folder is not encrypted or protected by a password, so anyone who gets the opportunity to “climb” on the phone will be able to familiarize themselves with its contents.
On iOS 8 they hide like this:
Step 1. Launch the built-in application “” on the iPhone.
Step 2. Click “Select” in the upper right corner of the screen and check the boxes of all and that you want to hide.
Step 3. Click on the “Share” button located below.
Step 4. Two lines will appear. At the bottom, find the option “Hide”.
Step 5. Confirm that you want to hide the pictures. Click “Hide” (“Hide Photos”).
The folder “Hidden” appears in the list of albums, and the user’s most intimate snapshots appear in it. This folder on iPhone cannot be hidden.
This method of hiding on an iPhone is highly questionable. Better not to hide the pictures at all than to place them in a directory whose name is still attracting attention. If a gadget falls into the hands of ill-wishers, the “Hidden” folder will most likely be checked first. Because it promises compromising evidence.
What apps allow you to hide on iPhone?
Secret Calculator, the brainchild of Chinese programmers, is a wonderful utility for hiding data. This application is free and very easy to use. After installation, it will be present on the desktop under the name Calculator.
You can hide photos using this program like this:
Step 1. Launch the application and set a password. There seems to be no password duration limit. We decided to stop at 20 signs.
When finished, press the% key.
Then enter the password again, also putting a kind of dot with the button with the percent symbol. If the password setting was successful, the following window will appear on the screen:
Click “OK, I got it”.
Step 2. First you need to create a new album. Click on the “” button at the bottom of the screen.
Next, assign a name to the future album and click “Done”.
Step 3. Using the button “” add which you would like to hide from strangers.
Step 4. Go to the application “” and remove hidden pictures from it.
After that, you can return to the Secret Calculator app and make sure the photos are in place. If you press the key with three horizontal lines, you will see: the program is able to store not only and, but also notes, contacts, passwords from Internet resources.
Storing Word, Excel, Power Point files is possible with the full version of the application. Iphone owners can purchase it for 229 rubles.
The main thing for the user of Secret Calculator is not to fall victim to a clever disguise and not to uninstall the application inadvertently. Together with the program, all that it stored will be irrevocably erased.
A worthy alternative Secret Calculator is the Private Camera app. The principle of this program is different. It does not hide behind a calculator, but allows you to take pictures directly from its interface. These pictures are not reflected in the application “”, but if necessary, they can be uploaded there (exported).
The program allows you to store under a password not only photos from your own camera, but also pictures taken earlier, copied from the albums of the application “”.
Apple technology owners note the vulnerability of hiding applications. Despite the fact that the pictures are password protected, you can still access them. It is enough to use a computer with special software. For example, the iTools utility allows you to view all the contents of the iPhone. Whether it is hidden or not.
For a user looking for a 100% privacy guarantee, the option of using dedicated storage applications is not suitable. He’d better take the next method.
How to hide on iPhone?
The ability to hide pictures on iPhone appeared a long time ago. Along with the release of iOS 8. However, users are in no hurry to resort to it. It is not able to provide reliable data protection. Fortunately, there are other ways to hide on iPhone. We will tell about them in the article.
In 2014, Apple users were enthusiastic about the news that photos on iPhones and iPads with iOS 8 can now be hidden. But their joy quickly gave way to disappointment. It turned out that this function on iOS works completely differently than on Windows for PC. Hidden ones are still accessible to prying eyes.
The safest way to hide
The iPhone user should store the most intimate sessions in programs that support AES-256 encryption. The encryption algorithm AES-256 is one of the most reliable; banking structures and government organizations use it with might and main. Aes-256-enabled applications collect (and other data) into containers. Specially encrypted files. In iTools and similar programs, the contents of the containers are not visible. There is only one way to access the content. By entering a password.
Mobile apps capable of encrypting data include:
- In the pocket. We have already written about the VKarman program. In the rating of the most necessary applications for iPhone, we put this program in first place. Vkarmane allows you to safely store details and scans of documents. This function is considered the main one. You can also upload and encrypt images. The VKarmane application will pleasantly surprise the domestic iPhone user by the fact that it is Russian-speaking and does not impose fantastic requirements on the OS version of the Apple device (iOS 8 is enough). 1password. This utility was originally designed to store passwords from accounts, but you can also protect pictures with it. The program has a free version. Its disadvantages include significant weight (139 MB) and high requirements for the iPhone operating system. The utility will not load on iOS versions below 9.3. For more information on 1Password, see our article on password storage apps.
Upassword, which performed the same functionality as 1Password, is no longer distributed through the AppStore.
Hiding photos using iPhone’s own means is a “so-so” way. That need to be hidden are simply collected in one folder, access to which is not protected in any way. To put pictures under a password, you should use one of the third-party applications. For example, Secret Calculator.
Programs that support AES-encryption can give a 100% guarantee of information protection. Such applications are placed in containers, the contents of which are not recognized by any special software.
How to hide or hide an application, folders on an iPhone
Apple smartphones running the iOS operating system are capable of hiding folders. Let’s consider how to hide an application on an iPhone from the desktop so that no outsider would even guess about installing it. It is noteworthy that this function does not require the use of third-party software, but is provided by the developers of Apple. However, there are some nuances here.
Hiding apps in folders
It takes just a few simple steps to hide the icon on almost every Apple iPhone. The peculiarity is that manipulations are not performed through the “Settings”.
To hide programs and their icons, you need to perform several “secret” actions on the main screen of Apple devices, namely:
- Hold the icon of the application you want to hide until the others start moving (you do not need to release the icon after that).
- While continuing to hold down the icon, hover it over any other application so that both programs are in the newly created folder. When the icons are aligned in it, release the icon.
- Touch the icon again, create a second page in the folder. To do this, drag the icon to the right side of the open page. While holding it, wait for the second page to appear. When the icon automatically enters a new page, release it immediately.
- Thus, you can create several pages with applications inside the folder. 1st page in folder
2nd page in folder
And if we pay attention, only the programs located on the 1st page are displayed on the desktop inside the folder:
To find a deleted program, you need to swipe down from the center of the home screen. Search will open. After entering the name of the program, it will be displayed in a pop-up window. Optionally run.
Hide the application through the “Settings”
There is another way to hide applications. It is available through the “Settings”, but removes all software “from the eyes” at once. In order to remove all applications downloaded from the AppStore and installed on the iPhone, you need to follow the path: “Settings”. “General”. “Restrictions”. “Allowed content”. “Programs”.
Here you need to click on the item “Deny software”. This will remove all application icons from the desktop. The programs won’t be deleted, so don’t worry. To cancel changes, you just need to uncheck the last item.
In iOS 12, this setting is implemented along the following path: “Settings”. “Screen Time”. “Content and Privacy”. “Allowed Programs”. Disable the green indicator for those applications that we want to hide.
Hide the programs you need
Hiding an app or folder icon on an iPhone is easy. The main thing is to follow the step-by-step instructions and learn how to “hold the object” on the screen. Not all iPhone owners need this feature, but the situations are different. Therefore, the article examined in detail the “secret” methods of hiding files, which have become understandable and accessible even to inexperienced users of “apple devices“.