How to quickly and easily restart iphone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus and save the situation?
Fans of “Apple” products never cease to rejoice at new gadgets. However, there are a number of technical issues that continue to worry users. A prime example of this: how to restart an iPhone 7?
When not to do without a trip to the service center?
Unfortunately, users are far from always able to solve all the difficulties that arise on their own, and the knowledge of how to hard reset the iphone 7 is not a panacea. There are a number of cases when it is better to minimize self-activity in order to exclude even greater breakdowns due to your incompetence, and, therefore, even more waste on repairs. We recommend that you immediately, without delaying too much time, contact the service center in the following cases, which are listed below:
- If you have a damaged or completely broken power or volume down button on your phone.
- You should not wait for a miracle and contact the specialists if you have followed all the recommendations on how to force restart the iphone 7, but the screen did not turn on, even after the reset.
- It may also happen that the screen still turns on, but even after the user has made all the recommendations on how to restart the iPhone 7 plus, but the phone still does not want to respond to commands.
- If the screen works, but the sensor does not respond at all to any gestures.
- The following development of events will also be an alarm bell: the screen is dark, but at the same time you hear the sounds of notifications, you can also feel vibration.
- Plus, it is better to turn to professionals if the smartphone freezes at different stages of switching on.
The service center masters will figure out the cause of such problems and eliminate them, preventing the complete failure of the device, which, of course, you are more interested in. It should not be denied that a hard reboot is the simplest procedure, albeit somewhat modified, however, if the combination of two buttons does not help, and the recovery mode does not help, then do not waste precious time, and go to the masters.
Reboot step by step
Previously, in previous versions of the iPhone, such a hard reboot was performed by simultaneously pressing 2 buttons, namely HOME and POWER. They should have been held down without interruption, until the gadget began to reboot. As a rule, this took about 15-20 seconds, but sometimes even several minutes. How is the situation now?
So how do you reset your iphone 7? In the same way as the modification of the iPhone 7 Plus. You have to complete only 4 consecutive steps, and everything will definitely work out:
- Taking the model of the iPhone 7/7 Plus smartphone in the palm of your hand, then press the power off / on button, the one located right on the side panel, you can do this with any finger (thumb or forefinger, whichever is more convenient for you).
- Hold down the button while simultaneously finding the button with your other finger that serves to decrease the volume on the device (the so-called “Volume Down”). It should also be pressed. Make sure 100% that both of the above buttons are clamped at once at the same time.
- The reaction of the smartphone should be as follows: the screen turns off.
- The buttons can be completely released when you see the characteristic Apple logo on the screen.
Here, in fact, is the whole secret of how to reboot the iphone 7 from two buttons. This is the so-called hard reset of the phone. Here it should be additionally said that the function of creating screenshots on the new version, as before, has remained unchanged, since the owner of the gadget just needs to press and subsequently hold the power button (that is, “Power”), and then touch “Home”.
Problems of the question
Since today the Home button in the newest models (namely, the latest iPhone 7 / iPhone 7 Plus) does not have a so-called physical movement, then, in fact, it is just a formed recess in the case. At the same time, the human finger itself “does not feel” this difference, since any pressing on it is accompanied by a rather noticeable elastic click. For this one should say “Thank you” to a special engine, the author’s development of the company, Taptic Engine. This transition from the classic execution of a purely mechanical key to an innovative touch solution has become the reason for the transformation of the reboot system on all mobile Apple devices.
Compared to Android smartphones, the task of how to reboot the iphone 7 is not such a priority and demanded. Let’s say more: many owners do not even understand what is, in principle, possible. However, sooner or later, such a need may arise, as, say, in the event of failures in the functioning of Wi-Fi, network failures, or if applications are frozen. Yes, the touch button has made its own adjustments to the reboot mechanism, but even now it is not much more difficult to do this than on older versions with a mechanical type Home key.
Note: Many have long waited for the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, the enhanced creations of a corporation that has become a symbol of success and mobility around the world. They have surpassed their predecessors in many ways, in particular with their water resistance, the absence of a headphone jack and an improved completely redesigned “Home” button. However, while nobody can guarantee technical perfection, as well as a perpetual motion machine. Even such high-tech gadgets, like other smart devices, sometimes may not work flawlessly and freeze.
What to do if restarting doesn’t help?
Alas, the information on how to restart the iPhone 7 with two buttons is not always helpful in solving the problem. Everyone knows that, as a rule, such a forced reset is necessary if the smartphone freezes. Experts recommend using the standard reboot with the red shutdown slider for events such as:
- Network failures
- Problems connecting to wireless networks
- If the games “slow down”
- Apps are not working as expected
If you have just such a case, then it is quite possible to do without the “hard” decision, preferring the “soft” one. It is also not particularly difficult:
- Also, hold down the button on the top edge of your mobile device, approximately within a radius of 4-5 seconds.
- On the top bar at the very top of the screen, you will see the corresponding restart offer, which should be confirmed with a swipe.
But sometimes, the answer to the question “the iphone 7 is frozen, how to restart” does not guarantee that after all the manipulations are completed, the device will return to life. There are frequent cases, and confirmation of this can be found in social networks and on numerous forums, when, even after a reset, the phone still refuses to turn on, freezes even at the stage of displaying the Apple logo on the screen. In such a situation, there is no need to panic. As part of the article on how to reboot iPhone 7, we decided to cover an alternative solution as well. You can try to restore using iTunes. You don’t need to be a programmer or have any special skills or equipment for this. Just remember the aLGorithm that even a child can handle:
- Connect your gadget to PC and open iTunes.
- Using the instructions posted above on how to reboot iPhone 7 with two buttons, reboot the device again forcibly.
- There will be one fundamental difference. in this situation, do not release the buttons (enable reduction) as soon as you see the logo on the display. Keep holding them until recovery mode is displayed on your screen.
- So, you saw the corresponding window. it means that you are on the right track. Then just click on the “Update” button. The program will automatically try to reinstall the operating system of the phone in automatic mode, and it will do this in such a way that all the actual data are saved. Be careful, because when you click on the “Restore” button, you confirm your consent to the loss of user data, which for most is a very unpleasant surprise. So the main thing here is not to rush.
As a summary
Despite numerous conversations and discussions on how to restart the iPhone 7 if it freezes, we can conclude that it is not in vain that the developers have thrown their efforts to change the current combination of forced (“hard” in other words) restart, transferring such a recovery functionality button to decrease the volume. This information is not secret, so most owners have easily adapted to this decision and do not experience any discomfort. We hope the aLGorithm described in this mini-tutorial will be useful for you.
How to Hard Reboot iPhone 7 and Activate DFU Mode
In the case when the iPhone refuses to load the operating system and no other methods work, you can use the DFU mode. In this mode, the device is still able to connect to iTunes on Windows or Mac, but without having to download iOS first. Here’s how to enable DFU mode on iPhone 7.
How to restart iPhone 7
Press and hold the power button located on the right side of the device;
While holding the power button, press and hold the volume down button on the left side;
Hold both buttons until the display turns off and then turns back on (the Apple logo should appear).
How to put iPhone 7 into DFU mode
Connect iPhone 7 to your computer;
Launch iTunes (you can download the latest version here);
If the iPhone is still turned on, turn it off (hold the power button until the Power off and shut down slider appears);
Press and hold the power button located on the right side of the device for two seconds;
While holding the power button, press and hold the volume down button on the left;
Hold both buttons for ten seconds. If the Apple logo appears on the screen, it means that you held down the buttons for too long and you need to repeat all over again;
Release the power button while continuing to hold the volume down button for another five seconds. If the iTunes connection screen appears, it means that you have held the button for too long and you need to repeat all over again;
If the display still remains off, the device has entered DFU mode. In this case, iTunes will display a notification that the connected iPhone 7 has been detected, after which it can be restored.
In DFU mode, the screen is black (not included).
Please note: if any logos appear on the screen, then you have activated recovery mode, not DFU. If it works, great. If not, try to enable DFU mode again.
How to Reflash (Restore or Update) iPhone 7 in DFU Mode with iTunes
The process of restoring (updating) using IPSW firmware files in iTunes is completely identical to other iPhone models and is described in detail by us in this material.
How to get iPhone 7 out of DFU mode
To exit DFU mode, simply hold the lower volume button and power button until the Apple logo appears on the phone screen.
How to Hard Reboot iPhone 7 and Activate DFU Mode
Updating the OS on iPhone 7 by regular means without a computer
The method is suitable if the problem that has arisen is a bug of a specific firmware version and is fixed in its subsequent releases.
- Click the Settings icon on the Desktop.
- Select Basic.
- Click Software Update.
- The update process will take place automatically. The iPhone will install the latest firmware. If the problem is not resolved, proceed to the next steps.
iOS 11/12/13- How to Hard Reset Your iDevice (iPhone 7/iPhone 8/iPhone X/iPhone Xr/iPhone Xs)
Backing up your device
Pay attention to the section Backups. It is individual for each device running iOs and tied to iCloud. If a software problem happened recently, restore iPhone from the latest available copy. If you decide to do a data reset, first create a backup in the cloud storage.
Updating via iTunes
Attention! Any actions with modifying the software on a phone with a Jailbreak installed, which is essentially jailbroken, can lead to an “eternal Apple”. a state when the device goes to reboot in a loop. You can check for a jailbreak by the presence of such an icon on the Desktop.
Turn on Recovery mode for iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus phone models are equipped with a touch-sensitive Home button, this button is not functional at all when turned off, so some functions in these devices are performed slightly differently. For example, it will not work to enter iPhones into recovery mode in the old way (used for previous models). To enter the iPhone 7 and models above into Recovery Mode, do the following:
Putting iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus into Recovery Mode
- Turn off the iPhone 7 as usual by pressing the side button
- We are waiting for a while for a complete shutdown
- Hold down the Volume Down button
- Then press and hold the Side button while continuing to hold the volume button
- Keep holding until you see the recovery screen and iTunes icon.
If the iTunes icon appears, the iPhone has entered recovery mode. Now you can open iTunes.
Although the new method requires a little more effort than older iPhones, it is still a matter of time and you will quickly get used to it. Write in the comments if you have already had to transfer the device to DFU or Recovery Mode?
Don’t miss the Apple news. subscribe to our Telegram channel, as well as to the YouTube channel.
Founder of IT-HERE.RU. Chief jailbreak for iPhone. I am writing about tweaks, jailbreak and iOS exploits. I also write instructions for all iOS and macOS devices.
How to put iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus into DFU mode and recovery mode
On iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, the physical Home button has been replaced by a touch button with next-generation Taptic Engine technology.
The Taptic Engine now performs a vibration feedback from the device based on the actions you take and how you press the button. Due to this, the method used to put your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus into DFU mode and recovery mode is now different from previous models.
Restore iPhone 7 in DFU Mode
As a rule, work goes with a pre-downloaded firmware. Therefore, in iTunes, we press the Restore button while holding down the Shift or Option key on the keyboard, depending on the operating system of the computer / laptop.
How to turn off or restart your iPhone or iPad
- Press and hold the On / Off button on the right side (iPhone 6 or later) or top (all other iPhones, iPods, and iPads) for 3 seconds.
- Swipe the Power off slider to the right to confirm power off.
How to do a soft and hard restart on an iPhone or iPad
When the device starts to slow down, and closing applications does not help, there are two ways to fix the situation: restart your iPhone or iPad or reset all settings.
Most of the time, iOS devices work fine and don’t need to be rebooted. But these devices are essentially a small computer, and computers sometimes start slowing down. In most cases, a regular restart of the computer helps to solve the problem with the brakes, it also helps the iPhone and iPad.
How to hard reset on iPhone or iPad
- Press and hold the on / off button on the right side (iPhone 6 or later) or top (all other iPhones, iPods, and iPads).
- While continuing to hold the On / Off button, press and hold the Home button on the front of your iPhone or iPad.
- Hold both buttons, after turning off the screen, keep holding them until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Silver, Gold, and Rose Gold devices will have a white screen with a black Apple logo. Space gray will be with black screen and white Apple logo.
What to do if a hard reboot doesn’t solve the problem?
If hard or force restarting your iPhone didn’t fix your device problem. The next logical step is to reset your iPhone to factory settings. This means that the iPhone will return to its original state, and all content from it will be deleted.
If hard restarting your iPhone does not help, contact your nearest Apple Service Center. But do not forget that usually before repairing an iPhone, service workers will format the device, so be sure to make a backup using iCloud or iTunes. After repair, you will be able to restore all data from the backup.
Procedure for smartphones younger than iPhone 7
The forced reboot is somewhat different on the “Four” and “Six”, but in general the procedure is the same. press and hold the “Home” and “Power” buttons until the Apple logo appears. Due to the differences in the location of the “Power” button, you will have to interact either with the top edge of the smartphone, or with the side.
Of the important nuances. be sure to hold and not release two buttons until the Apple icon appears. Including if the smartphone was in the on state before the reboot (accordingly, you will have to wait for the shutdown and then turn on).
Procedure for iPhone 7
Due to the functional change in the capabilities of the Home button, which has ceased to be mechanical and turned into a touchscreen, Hard Reset will have to be done with Power, and the volume-decreasing button.
As in the previous case, you will have to hold it until the Apple logo appears, confirming the correctness of the forced reboot.
As a result. the ability to deal with recovery or roll up an operating system update.
For iPhone 7
First hold down the power button. Then, without releasing power, hold down the volume down. Wait for the Apple logo to appear, and only then release the keys. Wait until the device is fully loaded and check the functionality.
How to restart iPhone 7
Apple has replaced the physical Home button on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus with an alternative, so not everyone knows how to restart the device in an emergency situation. I will tell you how you can reboot iPhone 7 if it is frozen tight.
The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are new creations from Apple. They differ from their predecessors with improved cameras, water resistance and a redesigned “Home” button. However, like any smart device, Apple smartphones do not work perfectly and can sometimes freeze. But how do you restart your iPhone if there is no Home button? I will tell you how to bring your iPhone back to life in a minute.
iPhone 7, 7 Plus
On the next generation of smartphones, the Home button was removed, which also changed the way of rebooting.
- Press the power key on the right.
- Without releasing the power, hold down the volume down button on the left.
- After the Apple appears, release the buttons.
Next, log in to the system by entering your password.
How to Reset iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus with Touch Home Button
As you know, the Home button in the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus smartphones has no physical movement and is a simple recess in the case. The finger, however, practically does not notice the difference. each press is accompanied by an elastic click, thanks to the Taptic Engine. That being said, moving from a mechanical key to a touch key changed the way Apple reboots mobile devices.
Unlike Android smartphones, rebooting the iPhone is not a required procedure. And many iOS device owners don’t even know how to do this. However, the need to reboot sometimes arises, for example, in case of problems with Wi-Fi, network failures or freezing applications.
With the introduction of the touch button, the way you restart your iPhone has changed. Although it is no more difficult to do this than on models with a mechanical home key.
How to Force Restart iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are so different from previous Apple smartphones that even a forced reboot on the “sevens” is not the same as before. This process is carried out in a special way, however, with the same simplicity. In this manual, we will tell you exactly how.
Three types of iPhone 7 Plus reboots
- Regular reset by software methods, aka soft reset.
- Hard reset, or emergency reboot.
- Soft reset without using mechanical keys.
Now let’s look at each of the points in more detail.
The first option is made using the “Power” key and the touch screen. Basically, it’s just shutting down the device and restarting it:
How To: iPhone 7/7 Plus DFU Recovery Mode and Hard Reset
- Press the power button and hold your finger for a few seconds. an icon for turning off the device will appear on the screen.
- Swipe (slide) it from left to right, and the iPhone 7 turns off.
- After that, just turn it on as usual with the “Power” button.
How to Hard Reset iPhone 7?
A hard reboot is sometimes necessary if the device is completely frozen and does not respond to touching the screen:
- Press the “Power” key and the volume down key at the same time.
- They are located on different sides of the device, which is very convenient for pressing simultaneously with your thumb and forefinger.
- Hold them for about 10 seconds, the screen will go out, and then the Apple logo will appear on it.
For a full, deep reboot of the iPhone 7, you can also use an additional method implemented in software. The fact is that the developers have foreseen a situation when just mechanical keys can fail:
- To do this, you must enable the Assistive Touch option, which is located in the “Settings” menu, on the General tab = Interaction = Assistive Touch.
- Activate this function, and the display will show a transparent control panel for the main functions of the phone.
- Click on the “Block” item and hold your finger on the icon until “Turn off” appears
- Further actions are similar to those in the first paragraph.
Hard and soft reset iPhone 7