How to Get Root on Android
These utilities will help you get root under Android in a few clicks. Programs are installed on a PC (via a usb cable connected to the phone) or directly on Android.
Please note that rooting applications are far from compatible with all Android devices (it depends on the phone model, firmware version). Therefore, always check the compatibility of the application with the mobile, so as not to turn it into a “brick” (mechanically faulty telephone with software errors, unsuitable for use.). Be sure to read the answers to questions about root.
Here is a list of reviewed root applications certified by Android geeks in specialized forums:
1. Kingo Root. Quick root in one click
Kingo Root is perhaps the most convenient program for obtaining root-rights on an Android mobile device. There is both a mobile version of the application, and you can also root through a PC using the Kingo Ruth desktop program.
After installation, Kingo Root downloads the necessary scripts and activates root access for 5 minutes, without requiring technical skills from the user. All actions are performed through a step-by-step wizard.
For how to use Kingroot, read the link below:
2. FramaRoot. Safe root for Android devices
FramaRoot installs Superuser and SuperSu on Android in one click without installing it on a PC. At the moment, FramaRoot supports most popular Android devices. The list is published here.
The utility allows you to manage root rights, applications and permissions. The FramaRoot kit includes a special root browser with navigation on the Android root file system.
How to enable root rights through this application:
- Install the FramaRoot application by copying the apk file to the root of the memory card and launching it.
- In the window, select the exploit to run, any of the available.
- The rooting status will be marked by a sad 🙁 or funny 🙂 emoticon. Sometimes partial rutting occurs (:. /), and additional steps will be required from you (rebooting the phone and turning on ADB debugging).
3. 360 Root. Superuser rights on the phone
360 root is a well-known Chinese application for rooting a phone through a PC or a mobile device itself (Android 1.6 and higher). The probability of obtaining superuser rights is about 90%. A list of supported models can be found here. Although the root site of the application is available only in Chinese, you can easily find your phone in the list (otherwise, it’s better not to risk it and not use 360 root on Android).
How to correctly set root-rights on Android using 360 One-Root:
- Download the installer for PC by clicking on the link.
- On the computer, go to the Control Panel section. Internet Options. Connections Lan Settings.
- Enter 184.108.40.206 in the Address, 81 field, activate the proxy and click OK.
- Pre-enable USB debugging on your phone.
4. IRoot. Root installation on Samsung and LG
To reduce the likelihood of a root program error, the developers simplified the process of modifying the phone as much as possible. To do this, you must:
- Install root rights on the phone (download the iRoot.Apk file to the root of the sd card and run it)
- Enable USB debugging on mobile device
- Launch iRoot Application
- Root by clicking the “Root” button
Root add-on is available for both PC and Android. Where to download root rights? For example, here.
5. Root Genius. Getting root rights on Sony, Huawei and HTC
Root Genius supports the installation of root rights for 15 thousand models of smartphones and tablets.
Root Genius is available for PC and as a mobile application in the form of an apk-file (version of Android 2.3 is required for operation). Installed similarly to other rooting applications. If necessary (for example, when transferring the phone for repair), you can delete root through the settings. If the rooting failed, you can repeat the operation.
6. Baidu Root. Application for obtaining root rights
Utility Baidu root compatible with all models of Android 2.2. 4.4 and higher. Only Samsung users can have problems: if you have KNOX, the program will not be installed (KNOX needs to be uninstalled).
- After installing the Baidu Root application, we turn on the agreement (if the version is not translated, then you need to click on the button in the lower right corner);
- We make a refusal to upgrade (not always requested);
- Click on the button "Get Root" (if the version is not translated, then this is the blue button in the center);
- We are waiting. When the program turns green, obtaining root privileges will be successfully completed.
Baidu Super Root. Modification of this application allows you to access almost any system file. Unlike the basic version, it is lighter, it has less advertising. In order to root Android with its help, you need an Internet connection.
Frequently asked Questions
When I downloaded Framaroot, I had 2 methods in stock and none of them helped me do the rooting. I’ve already downloaded how many free root programs. Nothing helps to get root privileges. Please, help! My phone model is Micromax D303, Android OS 4.4.2.
Recovery guides always indicate that a particular application requires root access to fully function. What is it, what is dangerous and what is root access for? Read about it here.
What are root rights (superuser rights)
Root is an analogue of jailbreak in iOS. It allows Android users to dive deeper into the subsystem of the phone, work with it in the same way as with an sd card or internal memory of a mobile device.
Android uses access rights similar to Linux. Everything that you do is performed on behalf of your user with a limited list of rights. Any running application can also use these rights with the consent of the user.
Root user = superuser. His rights are not limited, he can access any file or folder, perform any file operation in the Android OS.
In simple words, root access is the ability to work with the root file system in the Android OS without restrictions.
What happens when rutting?
Routing. Modification of the file system in order to provide superuser rights to the root directory of the smartphone / tablet.
The root program gets full access to Android. As a result, the root user has an unlimited list of rights on the Android device. If the program is granted superuser rights, it can also do whatever it wants on the phone.
How to find out if there is root on the phone
In fact, it’s very simple to find out if root is installed on the phone. If you recently bought a phone and use the standard Android firmware, it is logical that you do not have root access.
Video: How to Get Root on Android
If the phone is used or you don’t remember whether you installed root, you can check the status using the Root Checker program. The application will determine if there is a superuser / su access on the Android device.
Why root: list the root causes
Having obtained root rights, you can easily bypass any restrictions set by the smartphone manufacturer by default. In particular, you can
- Launch more applications with a wide list of privileges, manually accept or decline the permissions of a specific application installed on Android;
- Without obstacles, Android OS install unofficial firmware;
- Provide data recovery programs with access to the phone’s memory;
- One of the most obvious incentives to root your Android is to rid yourself of viruses that cannot be removed from your smartphone without root privileges. Of course, there are antiviruses in the nature with preinstalled root access, but there are a minority of those;
- Install special applications and custom flash rom’y;
- In general, improve tablet performance, more flexibly customize the look of the phone, overclock or slow down the processor of a mobile device using root access.
Some applications, using superuser permissions, will allow:
- Automatically back up all your applications and data in Android memory,
- Create a secure tunnel on the Internet,
- Make the device a wireless access point (hotspot). In other words, set up a wireless network via wifi (see "tethering" on Wikipedia), even if it was disabled by default by the firmware developer.
What is dangerous root for the phone
Android mobile device manufacturers are interested in preventing rooting. Inappropriate handling of superuser rights leads to the failure of smartphones and tablets. Nevertheless, for an experienced user, the risk of tampering with the phone is minimal, and the potential benefits of rutting. Judging by the above list. Are impressive.
There are three potential dangers when activating root access:
1. Cancellation of warranty. Some suppliers, having discovered activated root-access on the phone, refuse warranty.
However, it should be borne in mind that you can always cancel root access to the file system of a mobile device. If you need to send the device for repair, just roll back to the original (backup) firmware, and no one will ever know that you received root access.
2. Turning your phone into "brick": If rutting is unsuccessful, there is a risk of turning the device into a so-called “brick”.
The surefire way to avoid damage to your phone is to carefully follow the instructions when obtaining root rights on trusted web resources and mobile portals. Make sure that the manual applies to your device and that custom firmware is compatible with it.
3. Increased vulnerability. Giving root rights on Android reduces security. Services and applications with unrestricted rights can create a vulnerability. It is no accident that Google refuses to support its services (for example, Google Wallet) in root devices.
Root access is becoming more and more popular among users of the Android operating system, because it opens up for an ordinary user almost unlimited possibilities of the OS. Techno 24 has prepared for you the most interesting about the mode "superuser" Android and how to get it.
What are root rights?
So Root rights (or Root access) is the Android superuser mode, it helps to expand the boundaries of your rights in the system, and accordingly expand the functionality "OSes". Thanks to Root rights, you can replace system files, delete system applications, remove ads, back up and much more.
However, Root access has its drawbacks, the main of which is the cancellation of the warranty on the gadget. However, it’s not so scary when the device’s warranty has expired, or you will learn how to hide Root rights on Android, when necessary. In addition, all the changes that you make to the system, you do at your own peril and risk, because with a lack of necessary knowledge, you can easily turn your favorite device into "brick".
What Root does: its advantages and disadvantages
Users who are completely unaware of Root or are not properly informed risk spending several hours to figure out how to get superuser access anyway. However, in addition to general information about Root, you also need to know what they are for, and whether you are ready to stake the stable operation of the operating system if something suddenly goes wrong.
Advantages of Root Rights:
- Change and delete system applications and files;
- Installation of special applications that require Root;
- Using advanced settings and functions of Android;
- Removing preinstalled, system programs and unnecessary "garbage";
- Using programs and tweaks (files that allow you to make changes to the registry, depending on the internal code) to increase the performance and autonomy of the device;
- Removing banner ads from applications and games.
Disadvantages of Root Rights:
Although the advantages that Root rights provide can be a powerful argument in favor of obtaining them, it is worth considering the risks to which you are exposed.
- Loss of warranty (although Root access can be canceled if necessary);
- Unstable operation of the device in case of damage to system files or rash tweaks;
- Losing the ability to receive firmware updates from the manufacturer.
How to get root rights on Android
Having familiarized yourself with the advantages and disadvantages of getting Root access, and determined to do it on your device, you can proceed to the next step. Directly to rutting, choosing the necessary application before that.
How to get root rights on Android
Earlier, the process of obtaining superuser rights on Android was complicated and significantly differed on various devices: installing special programs and drivers on a computer, digging in incomprehensible user instructions for many hours, entering complex commands and constant fear of getting "brick"that shows no signs of life. Such methods even now have not disappeared, because sometimes only with their help it is possible to achieve the desired.
However, there is a much simpler way to access the advanced features of the device. In most cases, to get Root rights, just install one application and press one key on your Android device.
We bring to your attention most universal applications with a high percentage of successfully obtaining superuser rights, which also support most device models.
If you decide to get Root rights on Android without using a PC, firstly you need to enable the installation of applications from unknown sources on the device in the security settings.
Root rights: advantages and disadvantages
To get superuser rights on your device you need to download the application for rooting and install it on your device. Next, start the application and start the procedure for obtaining Root rights and wait until the process is completed. Next, download the Root checker app to make sure that the device has got Root access.
How to remove root rights on Android
Some users who have configured Root access on their gadget are faced with the problem of removing superuser rights. Let’s see how to remove root-rights.
There are several ways to remove Root from a device:
- Through the computer.
How to remove Root on Android through a computer
Through the computer, you can flash the device. On all firmware of the Android operating system (custom or official) there is no Root access. This means that changing or updating the firmware will help get rid of superuser rights.
How to remove root rights on Android without a PC
Removing Root rights through a computer is a rather time-consuming process. You can simplify it by depriving the gadget of Root rights programmatically, without a PC. Superuser rights are removed using SuperSU software, which is available on the Play Market.
- Run the program;
- Go to "Settings";
- Find item "Complete Root Removal";
- Click on it and wait until your device reboots;
- Rebooting may take some time, so do not be afraid. After that, Root rights on your smartphone will not be.
Yak seen Root.Right
How to remove root rights from Android manually
A large number of conductors allows you to browse Android system folders. Some of the most popular:
Select one of them, or another explorer, which will give you the opportunity to view system folders. Install if you haven’t done this before.
- Using the installed explorer, go to the / system / bin / directory
- In this folder, you need to delete the su and busybox files. Do it. If there are no necessary files in the / system / bin / folder, look for them in other folders
- Next, open the / system / xbin / folder, delete the file with the same name from it
- In the / system / app / folder, you need to destroy the file called Superuser.Apk
- Reboot your Android device.
How to remove root rights manually
We recommend resetting the system to factory settings after removing superuser privileges. After the loss of Root rights, system problems may occur. If you do not want to immediately reset the settings, then watch the gadget work, and if the fears are confirmed, then reset the settings.
For more news related to events from the world of technology, gadgets, artificial intelligence, as well as space, read the Techno section