How To Free Up Memory On Honor 7a Phone
Appearance and ergonomics
Huawei Honor 7A got an elongated compact body with rounded corners. The front side houses a durable and beautiful 2.5D glass. As for the screen, it has got the minimum size frames. There are no navigation buttons under the display itself, since they have become virtual, but there is the manufacturer’s corporate logo.
The back side is matt, and it is made of high quality aluminum. There are thin chrome stripes, while the streamlined frame is glossy, which makes the smartphone stylish and effective. There is a horizontal block with a camera and flash at the back. The bottom end has a microUSB 2.0 connector and a microphone, on the top there is a headphone hole.
The device fits comfortably in any hand thanks to its good shape and high quality materials. Available in black, blue and gold. Dimensions: height. 146.5 mm, width. 70.9 mm, thickness. 8.3 mm, weight. 142 g.
Communication and sound
The Huawei Honor 7A has a rather loud multimedia speaker. At the maximum volume level, wheezing appears, but by itself it is really sonorous. It is quite pleasant to listen to music in headphones, there are some sound settings. The speaker turned out to be of high quality, the interlocutor is clearly audible even on the street in a noisy place. The device supports two Nano-SIMs at the same time. In this case, the memory card can be installed separately. There is a built-in FM radio, as well as an LTE module.
The Huawei Honor 7A has a main camera with phase detection autofocus. It received a 13-megapixel sensor and fast focus function. There is a powerful flash and HD resolution, allowing you to take clear and vivid photos. The user also has the ability to create images with a blurred background effect.
On the front of the smartphone is a 5-megapixel front camera with LED flash. This allows you to take great self-portraits at any time of the day.
The Honor 7A has a 5.45-inch FullView display with an 18: 9 aspect ratio. This TFT matrix received a resolution of 1440 by 720 pixels and an image quality with a density of 295 pixels per inch. As already noted, the display has rather thin side frames. A protective glass covers it from above. Such a screen is capable of boasting wide viewing angles and good color rendering. It is worth noting a fairly high margin of brightness, which makes it possible to use the smartphone on a sunny day. The sensor supports up to 10 SIMultaneous touches.
Iron and performance
The Honor 7A smartphone is powered by a Mediatek MT6739 quad-core processor. It uses Cortex-A53 cores that run at a maximum frequency of 1500 MHz. The device houses the PowerVR GE8100 graphics accelerator. The user has about 16 GB of free space for files and 2 GB of RAM, and you can expand the internal storage using memory cards up to 256 GB.
Android 8.1 acts as the operating system. At the same time, the interface has been modernized thanks to the proprietary shell EMUI 8.1. In AnTuTu, the phone scores about 45,000 points. This is quite a good indicator for a budget smartphone. And here are the results of the GeekBench 4 test: single-core mode. 629, multi-core mode. 1897. The gadget “digests” standard tasks confidently. Slowdowns and brakes are noticeable only when launching demanding games or opening a large number of tabs. Inside the device is a non-removable battery with a capacity of 3020 mAh.
Huawei Honor 7A review
Huawei Honor 7A is a budget smartphone with a frameless screen and a modern design. The announcement of this device took place in April 2018.
Huawei Honor 7A
As a purely budget smartphone, the Honor 7A looks very promising. Cameras, modern design and high-quality FullView display stand out in particular.
Cache. Components that carry additional application data, such as page thumbnails, photo previews, and other materials that the software needs to work faster. The other side of the coin is that it weighs a lot and does not always help the system to work faster, sometimes even vice versa. Therefore, it can be safely destroyed without harming performance.
- Go to “Settings. Storage”.
- Select “Cache data” there, and you will be prompted to permanently delete all materials.
In a couple of moments, the process will end.
You can also erase the cache of a separate program.
- Go to “Settings. Storage. Applications”.
- Choose there that takes up a lot of space, see how much the cache weighs.
- If it weighs a lot, then click “Clear cache”.
Third-party programs on Android help to do this automatically, but at the end we will explain why you should not use them.
Uninstalling unnecessary software
There are probably many programs on your phone that you never use. But they take up space in the system, their processes hang in the background, loading the processor, which can cause slowdowns.
- To get started, go to “Storage”.
- Tap on the icon with three dots in the upper right corner and select “Free up space”.
- There will be a list of programs that have not been launched in the last three months, as well as uploaded documents.
- Now we release everything that we don’t use.
In general, this is already enough, but open more “Applications” and see them all. Try to remove as much unimportant software as possible. Pay particular attention to games that take up a lot of space and messengers, which often “wake up” the smartphone and leave services in RAM. Remove such components without hesitation.
Transferring data to a memory card
If your phone supports it, we recommend storing your music, videos and pictures on MicroSD. Almost all programs, such as “Camera”, browsers, services for listening to podcasts, etc., can store data on a USB flash drive or in the device’s memory. Do not be lazy, go to the software settings, look for the item where you can choose which memory to save, and install the MicroSD.
From the computer, dump the information directly to the USB flash drive, so as not to deal with transposition later. Documents already stored in internal memory can be transferred very easily.
- Open the built-in file manager or download Total Commander, ES Explorer.
- Run it, open the folder with videos and photos, it is usually called “DCIM”.
- Select the required components and click “Cut”, go to the directory where you want to transfer them, and click “Paste”.
Do the same with other large documents.
This solution is fine if you want to seriously clean up your ROM. Transferring applications to a memory card
Most of the programs can be dropped onto MicroSD. But some software is not adapted for storage on it, for example, system applications. Also, keep in mind that the speed of removable media is lower, so games may run slower, and messengers do not correctly send notifications after such a free drive.
- Go to “Applications”.
- Select the program you want to transfer, tap on it.
- Click on “Transfer to Memory Card”.
You can also reset all data from any mobile devices to the card, including music, videos and photos.
- Go to “Storage”.
- At the very bottom of the list, find “Move data to MicroSD”.
- Select this menu and confirm the operation.
How to free up space on your Android phone
The problem of lack of free space on the phone is relevant despite the fact that the volume of the built-in storage is constantly growing. Indeed, along with it, the size of programs, photos and videos, which in high resolution weighs several gigabytes, increases. However, there are tricks that can help free up space without uninstalling apps, which will make your device run much faster. Read the article before freeing up space on your Android phone, and you can destroy junk in the gadget and optimize the storage in 10 minutes.
If you have root rights
Vendors like to install their own software on smartphones, but usually it takes a lot and hangs in the RAM, so it must be demolished.
- Download Titanium Backup, run it and grant superuser rights.
- Go to “Backups”. Attention! Then you do everything at your own peril and risk, since removing the wrong program will entail incorrect operation of the phone. Do not erase, for example, applications from Google, Phone, SMS, call services and geolocation. You can delete only some programs from the manufacturer, but it is better to freeze them first. If everything works fine for a while, you can uninstall the software forever.
- Select a system program, click “Uninstall” (if you are sure that it is not needed) or “Freeze”.
This can greatly improve performance and free up internal storage.
How to expand the internal memory?
Starting with Android 6.0 and above, it became possible to combine internal memory with a flash drive to expand storage.
- As soon as the card is in the smartphone tray, swipe down the notification shade.
- Click “Configure”.
- There you can choose to either combine the memory, or leave the flash drive as a portable medium.
Attention! If you choose the second way, the phone will format the memory card and change its file system. Therefore, do not forget to make a backup.
Use of third party services
In the Play Market, you can download many “magic” services to free up memory on Android. However, most of them harm rather than benefit, for example, CleanMaster indiscriminately kills the necessary processes, shows how much space is freed, but constantly hangs in the background even after you clear the “garbage”.
The Android version of CCleaner shows itself better, which cleans up space in the system memory, but the built-in utilities replace it well. Of the useful things, it’s worth noting Google Drive, Yandex Drive and Google Photos. They allow you to transfer information to cloud storage in order to clear the memory of a mobile phone and have access to data.
In Telegram, you can create a private channel and upload files there. Not a bad alternative to cloud drives. From there, you can always download components from any device.
Special attention should be paid to Google Photos, which allows you to store photos and videos in the “cloud”, which are instantly uploaded if you want to watch them. An extremely handy program that saves a lot of space on your phone. You can upload an infinite number of high quality photos and 15 GB in original size. Also, deleted files do not disappear immediately, so what you erased can still be restored.
We recommend that you regularly arrange “freeing” the phone from unnecessary software in order to speed up the mobile and allocate space for useful materials.
When you enter the application, click the “Scan” button:
After the scan is complete, you will receive detailed information about each of the sections: garbage, system, applications and databases. After that, you can clear each of them separately by clicking on the trash can, or start a full cleaning. SD Main also has a built-in file manager where you can personally manage files on internal memory and microSD:
Do I need to clean?
How do you know if your phone / tablet needs this procedure? The first indirect sign is a decrease in productivity. If the technical side of the phone is completely serviceable, then the point is in the cluttering of RAM and ROM.
You can also verify this with the built-in applications. This can be done in different ways on different devices. Each device has a standard file manager, which indicates the size of all files on the internal memory. Knowing the total amount of ROM on the phone, it is easy to understand when the internal storage is completely clogged.
Now you know how to clean the phone via a computer, via USB, how to view statistics on memory usage, how to delete the cache using standard and third-party programs. At least one of the methods will definitely be suitable for you, so you can bring your device into full operation and serviceability!
First, let’s figure out what a cache is in a phone. The cache is an intermediate buffer with information that can be requested in the near future. Because of this, time is saved on calculating tasks and solving problems, and accordingly, the performance of the device increases. The file cache is accumulated, storing information on each installed and used application. When clogged, you need to free the entire cache.
To do this, follow the presented aLGorithm:
- Open your device’s settings menu.
- In the settings, find the section “All applications”.
- In the opened manager, you can observe information on cache memory, system and third-party applications. Sort the list of all programs by size.
- Open one of the programs. In the new window you can “Erase all data” (deletes the saved information on the hard drive) and “Clear cache”. Click on the second button.
App Cache Cleaner
App Cache Cleaner is a handy one-click cleaning tool. Upon entering, the program immediately scans the system and offers to perform cleaning in the following form:
The Deep Clean button starts a deep scan. At the end of the process, click “Clear”:
With this utility, you can not only get rid of garbage, but also check your phone for viruses for free.
On the home screen, you will find the following tools:
- Garbage. Cleans the device of unnecessary files after scanning (ads, outdated applications, system cache, etc.).
- Antivirus. Scans your device for malicious software and files. The functionality includes a protector of social networks, checking memory cards, galleries, blocking applications.
- Phone acceleration. The tool scans the need to optimize running processes.
- Cooler. Optimizes running processes to reduce processor temperature.
Types of memory
First, let’s look at the types of internal memory that affect the performance of the phone. Mobile devices, like computers, use two types of memory: RAM and ROM.
- RAM (RAM) is a random access memory device that stores data only during the direct operation of the device. Running games, browser tabs, running applications. All these processes consume some of the RAM;
- ROM (ROM). Permanent storage device. The memory stores all data until you delete it yourself. This category includes all files on the hard drive, application cache, and the like.
How to remove garbage in the browser?
- Go to your browser and open the side menu. In the menu, select “History”.
- In the window that opens, click on “Clear history”.
- Set the settings acceptable for you (what to delete, for how long, etc.) and click on “Delete data”.
If you cannot install new programs or games, the phone’s permanent memory is full. To clean up, you must uninstall unnecessary programs through the Android menu.
If your device has firmware without a full menu (for example, Xiaomi or Meizu phones), then you need to uninstall applications right on the desktop. To do this, hold down your finger on the required icon and drag it to the basket at the top of the screen.
You can use all the presented cleaning methods absolutely free. Choose the appropriate method depending on the manufacturer of your device and the version of the operating system.
You can clean unnecessary files using the following methods:
- With built-in functionality;
- Third-party software for a mobile device;
- Through a personal computer.
We will also understand the methods of clearing the cache and viruses using special programs.
In many modern devices Samsung, Lenovo, Fly, Meizu, etc. (regardless of the company and country of the manufacturer), you can check the status of the RAM as follows:
- Press the system key (it can be located on the left or right). In the window that opens, you will see a list of all active applications (1), the amount of RAM filled (2) and the ability to clear it (3).
- Click on the cross, after which all RAM occupied by applications will be cleared. The system memory used by the OS cannot be cleared.
Using the Wipe Cache Partition Option
So, when problems with freezing or spontaneous reboots of the phone appear, you have to use Recovery mode Clear the system cache.
- Turn off your phone via OSD (Power off) or by pressing the power button.
- Press and hold the two buttons SIMultaneously. Volume up / down and the power button. A menu with options should appear on the screen
- Navigate through the menu items using the volume down button. Select “Recovery Mode”
- Press the power button to confirm your selection
- Android robot will appear on the screen, keep the power button pressed.
- Press the volume up button once.
- Use the volume down button to go to the menu to the Wipe Cache Partition option
- Press the power button to select this item.
- Press the volume down button to get to “Yes”.
- Press the power button to select “Yes”.
- Press the power button to restart your smartphone.
How to clean Honor phone memory
All information that is stored in the phone is recorded in the internal memory of the device (ROM). What kind of information could it be??
- Phone data, i.E. Mobile applications.
- Data related to the applications themselves.
- System and user files, media files, documents, etc.
Anything we usually store on our phone takes up space. And if the smartphone has been used for more than a year, more and more information is accumulated in it. And this is one of the factors contributing to the rapid filling of internal memory. She turns out to be overcrowded, she is missing. But the cache can be cleared, it is not difficult. However, the result will be noticeable almost immediately.
Clearing the cache using the Recovery mode
In general, more specifically, this is not the only built-in cleaning tool. In the Android OS itself, in the Recovery mode, there is an option “Wipe Cache Partition” (clear the cache partition). When errors appear while working with the phone, especially those that lead to a reboot or system freeze, you have to start the recovery process. Recovery Mode is also needed in cases where you need to reset the password assigned to lock the device, etc.
On Android devices, there are two types of cache. Application cache and system cache. Each application that is installed on a smartphone has its own cache, which stores the data required for operation. Systemic refers to the Android OS in general. It stores scripts and files that are needed (or were needed) to execute system processes. Since there are two types of cache, there will also be two ways to clean it.
How to free the cache?
There are several ways to clear your Honor phone memory. Let’s say right away that the necessary tools are already in the smartphone itself, if EMUI is an add-on for Android, not lower than version 8.0.
To remove excess from the cache, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the Settings menu “Storage”
- Find the line “Cache data”. You will see how many megabytes (or even gigabytes) are occupied by the information contained in the cache. The situation, how things are in general with memory, is displayed by the scale located at the very top of the window (what is the total amount of internal memory in the phone and how much memory is free).
- The line “Cache data” must first be selected, and then click the “Clear” button.
If the phone has a memory card, the option “Data storage settings” “Default” (Default location) will be displayed.
The cache belongs to the internal memory, and cleaning is also carried out by clicking on the “Clear” button.
- When you select the Internal memory item, a new window will open, in which you will immediately see information about how much memory is used and how much is free. When you click on the “Clear” button below, the corresponding action will be performed.
When the cleaning process is complete, you will see information about how much memory has been freed.
- Now you need to go back to the “Settings” “Storage” to see the graphical scale. There should be more free memory on it than before.
This method of cleaning the system is safe and can be used regularly to free up memory for new applications, photos and other files.
How often to clear the cache?
There are no strict rules here. But there are general recommendations:
- If you often use your smartphone, and there are many applications installed on it, if you constantly use browsers, then the cache will fill up much faster than usual. Then, to speed up the system, try to clean it regularly.
- If you looked in the “Settings” “Storage” and saw that the cache size is about 1 GB and more, start the cleaning process.
What is cache?
The cache is an area of RAM where so-called residual files are accumulated. Usually these are components of applications, websites or some kind of system processes, after which the data was saved. If you use the phone very actively, then “leftovers” will accumulate quickly enough. From browsing the Internet, for example, every time a lot of scripts, images, media, etc. Remain in the device’s memory. In general, the contents of the cache help speed up the loading of sites that the user visits regularly. And apps run faster, too, because communication with the right servers is faster too. On the other hand, the mobile operating system slows down when the cache reaches several gigabytes. The question is how to clear the RAM.
Reiboot for Android: one click cache cleaning
Since the method described above to start the process of clearing the cache through the recovery mode is laborious, we can recommend downloading and installing a special application. For example, ReiBoot for Android from developer Tenoshare. It is extremely user-friendly and was created solely to make it easier to work with recovery mode.
- Download the application, install it on your computer (yes, it is not for a smartphone, but for a PC or laptop) and launch it.
- Connect your Android smartphone to your computer using a USB cable. The ReiBoot for Android app should recognize your device. Recall that if you connect your smartphone to a PC for the first time, you need to enable USB debugging mode in the settings.
- If the phone is recognized and no errors have occurred, you will see a screen with three options on your computer. Select “Clean System Cache”.
- Cleaning will start and all temporary files will be completely removed from the smartphone.
- After cleaning is complete, the smartphone will reboot.
For a quick, although not very long, solution to the situation, cleaning up temporary files will help. They have the extension.Rm and are stored in the datalocal mp folder. You can delete temporary files with Root access, for example, using Root Explorer.
In addition, in the aforementioned data folder, you can find many files that have the.Log extension and contain “error” in the name. These are error log files of various applications that take up quite a lot of space. We delete them and forget about “Phone memory is full” for a while.
Through the dispatcher
Button. Call dispatcher
On Samsung devices, press and hold the Home button for about a second, then go to the memory icon.
The data is displayed here in the “Busy / Total” format, so you will need to remember a little arithmetic lessons.
Checking free space. Why is memory running out
Usually, after some time of relatively “quiet” use of an Android device, users begin a period when they want to modify this very device in every possible way. The endless installation of applications, scripts and so on begins. And sooner or later the message “Phone memory is full” appears, especially if the model is not one of the “top” ones, and there is not so much of this memory. It is logical to assume that the problem is in RAM. Yes, this is partly true. But it is much easier to clean it up, this can be done both through the settings and using various downloadable utilities. So, the message about the lack of memory in the device appears when the internal storage is full. Of course, you can constantly clean this very drive, delete unnecessary applications, and so on, but over time it will be seen that the notorious “Phone memory is full” will appear more and more often. What is the reason?
- The Android operating system installs applications on the internal memory by default;
- Not every application is available for transfer to a memory card;
- Vital programs like Google Maps and Google Play “embedded” into your device are periodically updated, taking up additional cells in the internal memory;
- Some manufacturers add pre-installed games and other software called bloatware into the smartphone or tablet you bought.
Everything is SIMpler here: Settings Options Memory. And you don’t need to count anything.
Memory types in Android devices
RAM, Random Access Memory or RAM. Random access memory or random access memory. The software (including the operating system and installed applications) writes to this memory the data they need during operation and can quickly read it. The RAM requires constant power supply. When the device is turned off or rebooted, it is completely cleared. The more RAM, the correspondingly more different processes and services can be started SIMultaneously. The error “Phone memory is full” can occur if the entire amount of RAM is completely depleted, and there is not enough free space for the application being launched.
ROM, Read Only Memory, or ROM. Read-only memory. The information stored in it cannot be changed and is recorded during the manufacture of the phone, or when the operating system is reinstalled. That is, during the flashing process. ROM is often split into several sections to perform internal functions.
Interal Storage (Interal Phone Storage). Internal storage of a smartphone (or other device). This section of memory is designed to store user data, installed applications, and so on. This is something like an analogue of a hard drive in a personal computer. Naturally, in the process of writing data to the internal memory of an Android device, free space here becomes less. The total amount of the drive and the amount of free space can be viewed in the device settings.
External Storage. Or, in fact, a microSD / microSDHC memory card. The user can expand this type of memory at will, if, of course, the device supports memory cards, and there is a corresponding slot for this. It is a kind of external hard drive for a personal computer. The total and occupied volumes of this type of memory, as well as the free space on the card, can be checked in the settings of the Android gadget. The memory card can store multimedia data such as music, movies, pictures. Starting with Android 2.2, it became possible to transfer installed applications to a memory card, if the application itself supports it, thus saving space on the internal storage. Before replacing the memory card, it is strongly recommended that you first unmount it, and not just remove it from the device.
You can solve the problem radically by using Hard reset. Hard reset of the communicator. Not a bad step, returning the device to its original factory settings. The speed of work increases, the smartphone instantly responds to all inputs and literally starts to “fly”. But, on the other hand, such an action can cause inconvenience for the user, because this is the removal of data, files, applications that he will have to install again.
An effective but harsh way to solve the problem
“Phone memory is full” on Android: reasons and solutions
Memory full problem, which can be identified by the Android operating system message “Memory full”, is quite common.
Over, there are no universal solutions for it, but there are many tips. In this material, we will try to systematize all or at least most of the available information on this issue.